How Could SE Realistically Improve Modern FFXI?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » How could SE realistically improve modern FFXI?
How could SE realistically improve modern FFXI?
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 24 25 26
By Dodik 2024-06-08 09:13:23  
How does people getting carried in content they are not prepared for help them get prepared for that content.
 Valefor.Philemon
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-06-08 09:26:17  
More locus camps with higher level mobs, XP loss eliminated or at the very least capped at a reasonable amount.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-08 09:39:00  
Dodik said: »
How does people getting carried in content they are not prepared for help them get prepared for that content.

I mean I disagree with the idea of letting people get carried through *all of endgame* but it's pretty easy to see how people getting carried helps them...

If they have a St5 prime weapon and all their empy+3 at max, plus loads of +1 and +2 earrings, that will help them to kill enemies because...it's equipment...

We've already had this argument 1000x so I won't bother with all the back-and-forth but the counter (IMO) is that people who are carried have no incentive to ever bother to engage with the content, because they're already getting the max rewards for following the crowd and doing nothing
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-06-08 10:01:51  
They will never do it, but increasing the server data cap limit would make this game so much better.
By Pantafernando 2024-06-08 10:36:49  

Well, what whould you prefer? People doing Savage Blade using Taeon Sets augmented with subtle blow, CHR, lv30 accessories, HTBF random sword or doing inside Nyame, Omen accessories, Naegling?
By Seun 2024-06-08 10:59:48  
Pantafernando said: »

Well, what whould you prefer? People doing Savage Blade using Taeon Sets augmented with subtle blow, CHR, lv30 accessories, HTBF random sword or doing inside Nyame, Omen accessories, Naegling?

If it doesn't matter what you're doing when you get carried, why would it matter what you're wearing?
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-06-08 11:00:24  
They already have naegling and savage blade, what else do they need? it's not like they will use DT sets if you gave it to them since that's exactly what empy +2 3/5 is. Maybe the game can give them all the rewards for doing all the story missions too because they don't feel like doing them?
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-08 11:07:50  
The ones who aren't helplessly addicted to sortie

Expectation: Let everyone get effortless Empyrean+3 they'll want to keep doing sortie for the prime

Reality: I got what I want, I'm not gonna keep doing this *** for 6 more months

"But wouldnt they use the gear to do other stuff tho?"

"lolno Why cant I get more carries in other stuff too"
[+]
By jubes 2024-06-08 11:24:00  
all they'd need to do to get those people back into sortie is a realistic chance of obtaining the earrings you want, or adding other drops to the bosses. omen accessories keep you busy for a while, dynamis has volte and big money gains. sortie has zero point if you don't want to make a prime and are done with armor. whether or not adding anything to sortie is something they can handle at this point, I don't know.

as for carrying people, its a mixed bag. you don't want to hand new people everything on a silver platter, but with a shrinking playerbase can you (players) afford to discourage others from catching up and becoming people that can contribute?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-06-08 11:25:31  
It isnt that surprising how people like to make up some generic mental model of Hitler playing, and use it to demontrate their shallows PoV.

I mean, I hope those mental models of players you create at least brush their teeths. There is only so much bad one can be
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-06-08 13:10:31  
Is Naegling hard to get? How about 50k galli for a full set of +2 empys because you know they got the damage pieces first?

Well look, you're a fencer WAR. A job they give you when you start the game. No quests required. Wow, you're ready to work on gearing jobs for endgame.
By K123 2024-06-08 13:27:19  
Didn't they say they planned to add drops to all the sortie bosses at one point? I think it would be really good, with low drop rates, to encourage participation. Also add some kind of currency to thee normal mobs that gives 2k galli if traded to the gob at a low drop rate, but still that means doing bosses gives more galli.
By Sevu 2024-06-08 13:37:56  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Is Naegling hard to get?

Hard, no. Depends on how you can obtain a pulse weapon.
 Asura.Sensarity
サーバ: Asura
user: Meeeeeep
By Asura.Sensarity 2024-06-08 13:56:48  
Sevu said: »
Is Naegling hard to get?

It was a rhetorical question.
By Mistressfifi 2024-06-08 14:31:02  
Bahamut.Senaki said: »
Allow for /wait macros of decimal delays.

Ex: <wait 0.3>

Yes. They should do this! can utilize spells much more Without having to use Gearswap.

Also Speaking of spells. it would be nice to see some Blue magic Duration with this as well
By Dodik 2024-06-08 15:04:22  
If a War is still using Adoulin era gear in 2024, 12 years after it was introduced, while they could be using R0 Sakpata, an AH bought shield and naegling and doing decently enough to farm themselves a full set of empy+2 in a week, the problem is neither the content nor not being able to take in an alliance.

The problem is them.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-06-08 15:05:12  
Sevu said: »
Is Naegling hard to get?

Deeds, for free. They've added a bunch of ways to make this easy, but they didn't make it idiot proof put the gear directly into your inventory without claiming the RoEs. Very hard.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-08 15:14:45  
5 months
2 if youre willing to be a nefarious little scamp
By Ovalidal 2024-06-08 17:30:32  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
5 months

Is it true that you can buy a pulse weapon with one of the legion drops?
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-06-08 17:56:18  
Ovalidal said: »
5 months

Is it true that you can buy a pulse weapon with one of the legion drops?

Not 1 of the legion drops but 36 Abdhaljs's Honor so that you're at the rank of Legion Clomper Goodness 2 with Emporox. Then you trade them 25,000 Potpourri = 25,000 merit points turned in for a pulse weapon.

Can also do Voidwatch or Meebles to have access to a tier that allows turn ins.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-08 17:57:24  
yes and no

yes because if you turn in 36 Abdhaljs Honor, you can unlock Girru and Ikarigiri from Emporox (Potpourri gob in Reisenjima). Getting 36 Abdhaljs Honor isnt that difficult nor time consuming.

no because you then need 25k potpourri to purchase it. 25k potpourri is 25,000 * 10,000 limit points aka 250,000,000 xp. Thats a lot of locus mobs.

Voidwatch is another option that most people unlock easily during VW campaigns (3 stacks of Petrifacts needed). I wouldnt do Meebles since you have to get 12 drops from the main boss of Saorumogue (and its not a 100% drop) and then 12 drops from the main boss of Batallia (once again, not 100% drop)
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-08 18:00:15  
There's enough ways at various gear levels to grind for a pulse now that getting one is a matter of personal motivation rather than difficulty. In my opinion, in order of best to worst:

1) Buy pulse cells/Use Deed voucher
2) Escha Zi'tah Behemoth
3) Potpourri
4) Meebles (if you can spend gil on some pop items it's a lot more managable but that just goes back to option 1, without buying KI it takes around 45m or so for an average player to build a popset. Meebles does have a much higher droprate than anywhere else for Pulse though)
5) Legion
6)
7)
8)
9)
10) Voidwatch
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-08 18:05:21  
Potpourri isnt good for a "I need it today to unlock my Naegling", but if you're going to unlock other weapons and do a lot of EP grinding (or any content that gives you 15k XP+++ per kill), having them available is zero effort considering potpourri accumulation comes from doing other things at very minimal cost (100 beads every 3 days presuming you dont log out). Its better than having to spend two hours in Zitah killing a stupid Behemoth.

However, that has its own perks since you get 191 beads per kill.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-08 18:08:44  
"I need it today to unlock my Naegling"

If these people exist and they can't do Zi'tah NMs for their Pulse, they need to change their expectations.

I like to look at potpourri as a bonus that can be used on various dogshit items (like stoneskin/aquaveil legs) rather than just a Pulse ticket. Ultimately, if you can kill the behemoth, there isn't much reason not to do that for your pulse. It's extremely cheap (just costs Plutons), fast, good drop rate, and lets you work toward an aeonic at the same time. Spend less time making the weapon that you're going to use to spend time on other things, works for me.
By Dodik 2024-06-08 19:01:23  
The pulse cells are the "I want it now" option.

However, you still need to have cleared the VW NM for the pulse weapon you want to get from those pulse cells.
By Seun 2024-06-08 19:33:59  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Ultimately, if you can kill the behemoth, there isn't much reason not to do that for your pulse. It's extremely cheap (just costs Plutons), fast, good drop rate, and lets you work toward an aeonic at the same time.

I kicked this horse with Nynja a while back, but this is definitely the most efficient use of your time if you're actively trying to obtain a pulse. Potporri is the passive option as you're earning it doing something you were going to do anyway, but it takes a few hours a day for a campaign to complete.

Somewhat tangent, I had a conversation with my drug dealer about how SE could best 'hook' their customers. She said they should add a Kupon W-Pulse as a reward for the 'Stepping into Ambuscade' RoE.

"The first one's always free, kid..."
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-06-08 19:34:01  
That depends what server you're on.

There are 8 servers where you cant walk up to the AH and get 5 pulse cells for a weapon, including yours (if you're on Valefor)
By Sevu 2024-06-08 19:34:59  
The pulse cells are the "I want it now" option.

However, you still need to have cleared the VW NM for the pulse weapon you want to get from those pulse cells.
Even then droprate on cells is abysmal, and the weapons.

But yeah with current rates a pulse via cells is probably 25-35M (last I checked anyway), so it's an alternative if can manage to get 5 cells.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-06-08 20:11:41  
You guys forget AMAN trove! It's like jesus with a gambling problem
[+]
By Seun 2024-06-09 04:27:55  
I guess you could get incredibly lucky, but realistically... Trove is probably on the same rung of the 'How to obtain a pulse weapon' tier list as goblin mystery box. As effective as you are willing to throw mules at it.

The average player doing their handful of orbs every month would probably reach the Kupon from monthly deeds first.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 24 25 26