Favorite Party Setup?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Favorite Party Setup?
Favorite Party Setup?
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-06 22:16:41  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Remora.Ninian said:
Okay so. Why is it that everyone bashes DNC when it seems to me that a lot of the "ultimate/favorite" combinations for parties include DNCs in it? (Of course assuming 5/5 Haste Samba merits.) Just wondering. :<

Because its mainly for the haste samba. I love my samba, but there are a lot of dncs who claim to be good DDs and it just isn't true. Of course, w/e damage they can add is a bonus, but the real reason you they are in my party is for the samba, but for their loldmg.
That and I'd swear the first wave of 75DNCs were 90% "ladies" who wanted to just dance and look cute. By all means, elfs are always encouraged to look super sexy, but it generally isn't great grounds for someone you'd want to merit with that isn't just out there to "have fun and play my own way because it makes me special and unique." This is how STR rangz and full-timing AF happens, people. Just sayin'! lol
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-06 22:21:19  
"Yeah I know, it's for the 10% haste. That's like... really good. People are like LOLDNCDAMAGE... and don't even think about the haste or extra cures. I'm not going to claim to be a real DD, but I'll claim to be a real healer :x."

Well, for example, on the DD rankings today, someone put DNC ahead of sam on on piercing weak mobs. They said "oh all the double attack of saber dance and they are weak to piercing. They can beat sam!"
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-06 22:23:56  
I think PLD AF looks super sexy, so I never leveled DNC past 37! ;D

Hell, I think DNC is great solo, from what I've seen. It works in parties as support/(backup)healer, too. It's just not a massive DD, which makes it just about as useful as a PLD in a meritpo. I think. If I'm wrong, then... *Sentinel* k, flame away. :3
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-06 22:25:39  
Hey, Veg--Is there something wrong with your quote function too? 'cause mine's all funky :o

If you wanna quote someone, you'll have to copy and paste manually between <quote=NAME> </quote> (with [] instead of <>). :)
 Remora.Ninian
サーバ: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-06 22:26:24  
Caiyuo said:
That and I'd swear the first wave of 75DNCs were 90% "ladies" who wanted to just dance and look cute. By all means, elfs are always encouraged to look super sexy, but it generally isn't great grounds for someone you'd want to merit with that isn't just out there to "have fun and play my own way because it makes me special and unique." This is how STR rangz and full-timing AF happens, people. Just sayin'! lol

I see where you're coming from, and I understand. The people I'm talking about are saying DNC is just a "bad job". There's always those horrible players--all you have to do is go Campaign battle. 95% of the DNCs there are TPing in their full AF, and the other 4% are wearing their AF+ a Scorp Harness and not swapping into their casaque to heal. Not even going into how awful using any part of the DNC AF to TP in is horrible, but you get my point hopefully. The other 1% are actually decent.

I think my AF rant got me off my point. My point is just because 99% of the DNC player-base sucks is no reason to bash the job itself? It's a good job! etc. Besides I never just blind invite people to merits, I'll walk up to them in Whitegate and inspect them, etc, or play with my LS.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-06 22:26:37  
If you've ever seen that episode of FMA: Brotherhood where Mustang fights Lust, Anye ..well that's about to happen. Dig those heels into the dirt, ***'s getting ugly, yo.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-11-06 22:27:38  
5x DDs, COR and a PL.

Sorry, I've been playing way too long to enjoy the slowness of traditional set ups.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-06 22:31:42  
vegetto said:
Well, for example, on the DD rankings today, someone put DNC ahead of sam on on piercing weak mobs. They said "oh all the double attack of saber dance and they are weak to piercing. They can beat sam!"

Yeah my quotes are messed up too.

lol'd. I always parse ***when I play with my LS-mates. I'm sure I've played with a SAM at some point. It doesn't help I'm main heal, but meeeeh. Pretty sure even if I tried to do damage it'd be sub-par regardless.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-06 22:32:24  
Seraph.Caiyuo said:
If you've ever seen that episode of FMA: Brotherhood where Mustang fights Lust, Anye ..well that's about to happen. Dig those heels into the dirt, ***'s getting ugly, yo.

:O
Odamn. I loved that fight :D

I especially love the fact that Mustang is voiced by the same seiyuu as Urahara from Bleach and Kurz Weber from Full Metal Panic! :DDDDDD It's SO FITTING. :Q...
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-06 22:32:27  
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
5x DDs, COR and a PL.

Sorry, I've been playing way too long to enjoy the slowness of traditional set ups.

You forgot the brd. A brd will wreck a 5th dd, even in your PL set up.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-06 22:32:45  
Yup, my quotes also busted about 50% of the time
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-06 22:34:32  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Seraph.Caiyuo said:

:O
Odamn. I loved that fight :D

I especially love the fact that Mustang is voiced by the same seiyuu as Urahara from Bleach and Kurz Weber from Full Metal Panic! :DDDDDD It's SO FITTING. :Q...
YOU NERD YOU SHALL BURN
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-06 22:38:59  
Seraph.Caipyuo said:
YOU NERD YOU SHALL BURN

*equips MDB set* :O
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-11-06 22:39:39  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
5x DDs, COR and a PL.

BRD can kiss my ***. I'd rather invite a competent DD than a shitty BRD with an egomaniac attitude.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-06 22:40:13  
Seraph.Caiyuo said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Seraph.Caiyuo said:
:O Odamn. I loved that fight :D I especially love the fact that Mustang is voiced by the same seiyuu as Urahara from Bleach and Kurz Weber from Full Metal Panic! :DDDDDD It's SO FITTING. :Q...
YOU NERD YOU SHALL BURN

Psh you are just as big a nerd!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-06 22:41:21  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Seraph.Caipyuo said:
YOU NERD YOU SHALL BURN

Your MDB set wont save you from burn! Your int will still be even lower than its already low value and you will be DOTTED!
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-06 22:42:31  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Seraph.Caipyuo said:
YOU NERD YOU SHALL BURN

..DOTTED. They know, Anye ..they know.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-06 22:42:37  
Anye said:

CRAZY PLDS AND THEIR MDB SETS THAT THEY CAN PULL OUT OF THIN AIR! D:<

Katarzyna said:
BRD can kiss my ***. I'd rather invite a competent DD than a shitty BRD with an egomaniac attitude.

As long as said shitty BRD is hitting two macros, they'll beat a competent DD. They could be naked and their songs will still be potent, can't really say that about a DD.

Edit: My statement does not count in Elegy or Lullaby, and my statement does not say that you should BRD naked. MARCH TIERS PEOPLE! D:<
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-06 22:43:17  
Yeah don't let this nerd-fest interrupt your thanger, guys, it's cool, T-shirts can be made for just about any situation.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-06 22:45:57  
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
5x DDs, COR and a PL.

Quote:

So you prefer the slowness of your new set up to the slowness of a traditional set up?

Both are slow as compared to a party with a bard.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rydiya
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-11-06 23:15:44  
ninian said:
AF terrible to use

For my Dancer, I don't have much better available, so I'm stuck with it. ; ;
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-06 23:20:18  
Bahamut.Rydiya said:
ninian said:
AF terrible to use

Get better. Rapp harness go!
 Bahamut.Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-11-06 23:21:44  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Rydiya said:
ninian said:
AF terrible to use

I use SH as I don't have that great of acc, even on campaign mobs.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-06 23:23:44  
Bahamut.Rydiya said:
ninian said:
AF terrible to use

Examine raped you. Don't take this as being mean!! <3 <3

Simple fix is Empy Hairpin/Bounding boots. Or anything for that matter is better than the Tiara, the Mithra feets are alright but if you can get bounding boots that's better. I used to use the feets for waltzes. Body when you can, get Scorpion harness, or if you really feel the need you can wait out to get the Cobra stuff. Just don't TP in the DNC body if you can avoid it :x The DNC pants are fine until you get something better, the feet only use for eva sets and jigs. Bounding boots are better, etc. Use DNC gloves to Step in and switch out to something better. Tiara is for Sambas (and waltzes before you have AFv2 or MKD hat), then switch to something better. Anyway I don't really harp on people until they hit 75, and in which case if they're still wearing garbage then yeaaaaaah. :<
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-11-06 23:24:16  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
So you prefer the slowness of your new set up to the slowness of a traditional set up?

5x DD + COR is netting me 15k/hr as of right now. My last party with a BRD, on BIRDS, got me a shitty 8k.

Continue to argue with me if you want, but a shitty BRD (which my server is full of) won't replace a good DD.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-06 23:24:56  
Bahamut.Rydiya said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Rydiya said:
ninian said:
AF terrible to use

I use SH as I don't have that great of acc, even on campaign mobs.

She's right. SH > Rapp unless you have capped accuracy. As a DNC... you won't have capped accuracy unless you're in like Dynamis cities. Even then a joytoy can still miss. I use Rapp for casting utsu: Ni, and Dynamis.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-06 23:25:51  
Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

5x DD COR is netting me 15k/hr as of right now. My last party with a BRD, on BIRDS, got me a shitty 8k.

Continue to argue with me if you want, but a shitty BRD (which my server is full of) won't replace a good DD.

lol'd. 8-15k/hr on birds.... really? <___<; I'd look into getting better DD.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-11-06 23:26:57  
Remora.Ninian said:
Bahamut.Rydiya said:
ninian said:
AF terrible to use

Examine raped you. Don't take this as being mean!! <3 <3

Simple fix is Empy Hairpin/Bounding boots. Or anything for that matter is better than the Tiara, the Mithra feets are alright but if you can get bounding boots that's better. I used to use the feets for waltzes. Body when you can, get Scorpion harness, or if you really feel the need you can wait out to get the Cobra stuff. Just don't TP in the DNC body if you can avoid it :x The DNC pants are fine until you get something better, the feet only use for eva sets and jigs. Bounding boots are better, etc. Use DNC gloves to Step in and switch out to something better. Tiara is for Sambas (and waltzes before you have AFv2 or MKD hat), then switch to something better. Anyway I don't really harp on people until they hit 75, and in which case if they're still wearing garbage then yeaaaaaah. :

My thingy isn't even updated.. I'm using Walkure w/e for the head (Crap luck with drop rates) Switched to SH, AF pants, AF feet. I know better on if I should fulltime AF body and hands or not, so I don't. AF body is only okayish for waltzes. Nothing more. Hands are only a quick swap in piece. I TP in lolBattle Gloves.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-11-06 23:27:23  
Remora.Ninian said:
lol'd. 8-15k/hr on birds.... really? <___<; I'd look into getting better DD.

Did I say I was partying on birds now? No? Alright then.
 Seraph.Xdudemanx
user: xdudemanx
By Seraph.Xdudemanx 2009-11-06 23:28:13  
BSt(me) bst bst bst bst smn
[+]