言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Oathsworn Blade Master Trial
Oathsworn Blade Master Trial
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Ovalidal 2024-02-17 20:26:01  
Has anyone here cleared this yet? And how does it compare to Crystal Paradise in terms of difficulty?
 Asura.Shiraj
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-02-18 05:16:54  
Don't think anyone has cleared yet or is close to clearing as of writing this. Difficulty seems way harder than Crystal Paradise.

As things stands, if Teodor is in the fight, no one has seen him. So far only August spawns first followed by a delve boss every 10% with similar HP to a v25 odyssey boss. With an aura that can't be procced or unknown. The bosses are worse than V25 for their respective naaukul which is fun :)
 Shiva.Myamoto
サーバ: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-02-18 07:50:37  
So each delve boss spawns every 10% with an aura associated with each one? or does the aura change every 10%?

Also does the order of the delve bosses change? or is it appearing to be the same one at each 10% interval?
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-02-18 07:58:45  
Asura.Shiraj said: »
The bosses are worse than V25 for their respective naaukul which is fun :)

I haven't tried it and likely won't have time for at least a few days, but this is a bold claim. Worse in what sense? Do they have WS wall? Adds and regen? Damage type immunity? Do they just hit harder? Keeping in mind that you're allowed duplicate jobs and subjobs, I still don't think they could actually be all-around worse than V25 and still be beatable.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-18 08:18:46  
Its an exaggeration. They just have a shitload of hp/eva/def and it's impossible and/or harder cause they lost an attempt

Theyll win and itll go from harder than v25 to well ok not really
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-02-18 08:41:36  
That was my assumption, but I'd hate to outright call someone a liar before getting the details.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-02-18 08:50:40  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
I haven't tried it and likely won't have time for at least a few days, but this is a bold claim. Worse in what sense? Do they have WS wall? Adds and regen? Damage type immunity? Do they just hit harder?

hit harder, aura stays up for a set duration of time. As of rn no proc mechanic. For example V25 Arebati will only have access to full dispel during Aura and paralyze aura etc which can be procced in Ody, but in this fight it stays up the entire duration, 3:30-6:00 with no way of removing as of right now. The bee has a permanent shadows/blink effect for that entire duration. with access to weakness/hate reset/severe damage bs as usual. no way to stop aside from time. While the adds are alive August is regening massive HP, roughly similar regen or worse than v25, hard to tell because August has -99% DT while an add is alive so you can't ignore it like v25. Looks like some adds take reduced damage during aura as well. There is no WS wall, which if there was this fight would already be more than impossible.

August regens roughly 10% HP every 3 minutes an add is alive~ not sure on specifics, but that's an eye test.

Everything has too much health, I think our best run we managed to deal 32 million damage and we only scraped by August at 50% HP and the 5th add spawning and wiping at 90% to Marine Mayhem.

I'd guess SE changes something next update or one of the following ones IF a gimmick mechanic is not found.

But yeah unless a gimmick is found, this is the hardest fight made. Just seems so unfun from my pov.

Edit: adds spawn randomly. You could get bee first 10% or you could get tree another run. No particular order.
By RadialArcana 2024-02-18 08:58:51  
When they added the original Master Trial wasn't it literally impossible.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-02-18 08:58:58  
I think our best run we managed to deal 32 million damage and we only scraped by August at 50% HP and the 5th add spawning and wiping at 90% to Marine Mayhem.
What sort of time remaining at that point?

Damage numbers are whatever, a million a minute is a low goal for a party of 6 if you can keep mechanics dealt with and there's no WS wall or DT mechanics. It's likely going to come down to effectively avoiding deaths with as aggressive a setup as possible.
and wouldn't surprise me to see Sajj'akka and something else in there to round it out (pops at 10/20/30/40/50/60/70/80/90).
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-02-18 09:01:42  
What sort of time remaining at that point?
5th add spawned with 12:00 on the clock, with August at 50%. We had 0 deaths up until that point, 30 mins+ of soul voice songs and 12 minutes of Bolster

Edit: Also knockback is a love for this fight. Feels like every add knocks you back and spams dispel. it's great.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-02-18 09:03:19  
Was geomancy nerfed? It has been in every other MT, afaik. So, there's a huge potential for damage gain if so. Prime horn for Aria?
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-02-18 09:04:13  
We have tried geomancy, we see very minimal difference between frailty and fury, as of right now so I'd assume some form of nerf, but it's too early without much testing to say how potent a nerf it is.

With soul voice songs + bog/bolster we have seen a huge boost from Aria.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-02-18 09:09:48  
Well, if it's -75% like sealed fate, you're looking at less defense- from bolster frailty than from a fully upgraded box step. Haste samba's a nice perk, and GEO melee is definitely a good bit behind DNC.

Wouldn't assume it's unkillable if an unoptimized setup got that far in early attempts, personally.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-02-18 09:11:52  
Damage numbers are whatever, a million a minute is a low goal for a party of 6 if you can keep mechanics dealt with and there's no WS wall or DT mechanics.

Usually I'm all for this, but In this fight, Adds seemingly have DT during aura (eye test looks like 30%) but who knows exact. But damage spikes high as soon as aura is off. Also there is a TON of downtime dealing with hate resets, weakness timers on hate tools. August almost permanent amnesia spam, landed on me non-stop throughout an Odyllic use...

Oh and no meleeing. This is not a melee friendly fight.
I believe this fight is somewhat beatable at the moment, but man it's looking bleak without a mechanic to kill these adds faster.
We're already killing 2 adds with ALL 99k weaponskills and it still takes 2-3 minutes for them. Let alone the other adds
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-02-18 09:16:33  
No meleeing, but huge boost from Aria? I get that you don't want to give away too much of what you've figured out, but you're not selling me on it being impossible. Sounds like you've only tried a ranged setup with a RUN tank and a GEO, which is by any standards going to be considerably slower than a melee setup.

Maybe it is impossible to melee, maybe it just requires greater coordination and a willingness to reapply buffs and stack debuffs. But, pretending the HP is insurmountable while not meleeing just feels.. silly.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-02-18 09:19:57  
No meleeing, but huge boost from Aria? I get that you don't want to give away too much of what you've figured out, but you're not selling me on it being impossible. Sounds like you've only tried a ranged setup with a RUN tank and a GEO, which is by any standards going to be considerably slower than a melee setup.

Maybe it is impossible to melee, maybe it just requires greater coordination and a willingness to reapply buffs and stack debuffs. But, pretending the HP is insurmountable while not meleeing just feels.. silly.
I don't think it's unbeatable yet, but it is 100% harder than any current content by a long shot.

Basically August uses Null Field every like few seconds. which is a 10" aoe dispel centered around the tank, it's impossible to be in range of August to melee while avoiding the tank. And yeah ranged setups are just way slower than melee is the main issue.

Resisting debuffs seems random, I've tried odyllic, runes, pflug, barspells, songs and these debuffs still land like nothing to it. I'd assume I only resist debuffs at the moment due to Tenacity on RUN, idk.

And landing debuffs seems hard throughout the fight. We sometimes struggle to land any debuff without threnody + rayke
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-02-18 09:26:58  
Unless Null Field goes off instantly, kiting is an option. There are undispellable buffs, and buffs that can be reapplied rapidly too. You can stack defense down(23% box step, 25% armor break, 12% dia2+light shot). A capped FC BRD can reapply honor march almost instantly, which when paired with a quick haste from the healer will get one DPS back to haste cap almost immediately and still doing respectable damage from def-. So, maybe something along the lines of:
PLD WAR DNC BRD COR WHM|SCH|RDM

Or, if you feel RNG is really the way forward, are you at least swapping to a naegling TP bonus setup for parts of the fight? You could presumably engage a naakual while being out of august's dispel range with clever positioning.

Like I said, I haven't done the fight. But, I'm not anywhere near sold on it being impossible. Falling back to ranged because it's effortless and doesn't need rebuffs isn't the line of thinking needed for a really difficult fight, IMO.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-02-18 09:28:17  
Unless Null Field goes off instantly,

All TP moves this instance are completely instant. no ready timer, nothing. We tried react stunning everything and that's too slow, doubt kiting would work reliably due to adds spawning and needing to be dealt with.

We've tried careful positioning with being out of range of august's TP moves and having people opposite side of an add etc, such as Shark for Marine mayhem. Too much aoe damage, some of the other aoes are centered around august and too much to handle alongside the add.

If we sacrifice any buffs for mitigation we run into accuracy issues, I don't know exact number but I've heard my group say they have 2100~ acc and need everything they can

If we can figure out how to kill 4/6 adds faster then it'd be huge progress, but some adds just take FAR too long to kill without risking the entire run + luck in not getting hate reset spammed etc.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-02-18 09:39:16  
Okay, so absolutely can't be in range of both. Is there shared hate? Is the healing needed insane, or just the spike damage risk?

Maybe PLD PLD WAR DNC BRD COR. One PLD holds august, one holds naakual, both majesty cure, DNC on emergency cures.
 Shiva.Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-02-18 09:41:31  
Is the regen gained on August removed if the adds are seperated far enough? or is it within the entire instance field so to speak?

Also the aura on the add is unremovable at this point? But just to be clear... it wears off after a set period of time?

August was using null field a lot it sounds? perhaps he favours that move if tank has multiple buffs?

Embrava not being dispelled by most abilities may be favourable but thats only a small period of time within the whole fight even with good wild card resets.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-02-18 09:42:10  
4 Origin darks and 2 sources of haste

Gonna end up with prime scythe darks and no "tanks"
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-02-18 09:43:46  
We thought about that kind of setup with 2 tanks, but we may run into same issue, Accuracy. Outside of SV songs, accuracy is an issue we can't rely on 60 minutes of soul voice. Healing is fairly intense when both mobs together, alone, it's like a 5/10 quite straight forward. August hits hard with physical damage, but mostly uses light based damage/AoEs. Each add does decent physical damage and fairly high magic damage for their respective base element. All TP moves are identical to Delve versions. They spawn with the aura so they have no access to the move that puts aura up, Carcharian Verve for example.

Edit: Regen from august stays up as long as the add is alive, similar to Odyssey. We tried splitting them up 50"+ and it was still active. Aura wears off after 3:30 to 6:00 of the add spawning. The aura gets longer duration the more consecutive the add is. 1st add is 3:30, 3rd add is 4:30 etc.

August favours Amnesia + dispel. Still uses it while I'm full dispelled. It seems he tries to maintain 100% amnesia on you, it's only off very briefly before it's back up and makes spike enmity rough at times.
 Shiva.Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2024-02-18 09:48:51  
And that time frame the Aura stays up increases by each add regardless if the previous one is killed? Or does it increase in time if 1st add isn't killed and so on?

Also, how does magic damage fair? you had mentioned debuffs are quite resisted but how about just straight magic damage? Whether from weapon skills or spells etc?
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-02-18 09:51:00  
Would a RDM/RUN kiting August be feasible? You could either face tank or gravity when spawning adds and then go back to kiting while add is dealt with. Most DPS should be able to get 1900 with mads, hunters, food. Distract/quickstep would make up the rest.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-02-18 09:51:11  
You need to kill the add to progress in the fight. The other adds don't spawn until their 10% interval is reached. August won't take much damage while the add is alive + he regens fat health. But yes each consecutive add has a longer aura duration. Which means if you get the easy adds first, the final ones will suck. 5 minute+ of infinite blink from the bee, or full dispel from lion? yeah that's terrible. A lot of RNG is in that as well.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-02-18 09:53:33  
Would a RDM/RUN kiting August be feasible? You could either face tank or gravity when spawning adds and then go back to kiting while add is dealt with. Most DPS should be able to get 1900 with mads, hunters, food. Distract/quickstep would make up the rest.
Not sure about that exact strat tbh.
We've tried kiting with Gravity, tried Bind, Petrify, Sleep etc. Nothing lands reliably and often gets full resists during a Saboteur duration, I think on 1 run I saw 6? immunobreaks and like 10 resists of Petrify with Sabo and BiS gear + frazzle + threnody.

Debuffs seem very luck based to land or not.

Shiva.Myamoto said: »
Also, how does magic damage fair? you had mentioned debuffs are quite resisted but how about just straight magic damage? Whether from weapon skills or spells etc?
Edit: ~We've tried MB setup + magic damage from weaponskill. Unless we sacrifice literally every single buff/debuff possible they are terrible. Magic nukes hit decently well on August with sufficient Macc, but not sure how adds would deal with MB setup.
By Ovalidal 2024-02-18 13:31:57  
As things stands, if Teodor is in the fight, no one has seen him. So far only August spawns first followed by a delve boss every 10% with similar HP to a v25 odyssey boss.

Lore wise, Teodor is the 7th 'lost Naakual'. For Odyssey, they used Sajjaka/Bumba instead of Teodor. Given this, Teodor will likely be the last add.
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2024-02-18 14:37:06  
I wonder if you can TP off August and TP supress the adds. Maybe this fight could be fun.

Edit: Oh, I see August does Amnesia and Dispel himself. This game is great.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2024-02-18 14:38:52  
Fenrir.Velner said: »
I wonder if you can TP off August and TP supress the adds. Maybe this fight could be fun.
Tried. Adds die too slow and enmity resets still cause problems.
By Ovalidal 2024-02-18 20:18:17  
For those with attempts, how does this Master Trial compare to the other Master Trials at launch? And how is it compared to the V25 Odyssey NMs?

Edit:
The bosses are worse than V25 for their respective naaukul which is fun :)

Given your explanation of the fight, it sounds brutal.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8