Asura Inflation - What's Going On?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Asura inflation - What's going on?
Asura inflation - What's going on?
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 15 16 17
 Asura.Melliny
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-01-25 13:48:07  
That's the whole point though. As the content grows older and older, and as more and more people finish up their progress, the higher tiers will become more and more inaccessible to the remaining playerbase. In the past S-E would tone down the difficulty of aging content to make it more accessible to players, but that was always a measure to prevent people from falling too far behind so when they released newer content and gear the gap between the current and the not so current players was less extreme. With no new content coming anymore I doubt they'll make any adjustments, and that just means it's gonna die out sooner or later. Probably sooner if the queue times in Rabao are any indication.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-25 13:57:00  
My TL;DR of 7 pages of comments though:

If you don't put in any effort to socialize or build a community, you're gonna pay for it.

If Rostams are 90m and you think they should be cheaper, talk to your Smithing buddy, bring him some mats, and see if he can make you one. Bonus: it's signed now! It will be hilarious (to me) if you spend 120m in mats before you get one though, sorry.

If you are pugging all of your content with 5 people you've never met before, you're gonna have a bad time.

I'm just a broken record at this point but: join a Discord, Linkshell, or more than one of each. Start chatting with people who you notice are good at the game. Next time, instead of pugging with 5 randoms, grab 3 of your buddies and PUG the last two slots.

If your idea of completing content is sitting AFK in Adoulin until someone shouts for the thing you want to do, then showing up and doing your job for 15 minutes, you aren't gonna have great results.

If your only option to acquire items is to pay whatever the AH price is, you're gonna pay whatever the sellers of those items feel like selling them for, and you're subject to markets. If you do Ambu with your buddies, maybe you can get a deal off them for their Alex, Beitetsu, or whatever. You can trade them for the mats you aren't using.

It's an MMO guys, cmon, let's try treating it like one and build some relationships.

***my TL;DR is too long to bother reading.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-01-25 14:05:09  
Derail: If the entire population wasn't reliant on 6 boxing everything, maybe there would be inter-player communication and co-operation. Solo guys again, ***outta luck.

But *** you got mine works too. Cause it always does. Community, cooperation, communication, all a relic of days past.
(It was never super great, but has deteriorated even further)
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-25 14:10:12  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Derail: If the entire population wasn't reliant on 6 boxing everything, maybe there would be inter-player communication and co-operation.

Gotta stop 6-boxing stuff if you want to have cooperation, gotta have cooperation to stop 6-boxing I guess.

I understand (and do) 2 boxing, I *kind of* get 3 boxing for non-event stuff. I totally do not understand 6-boxing, that's just straight up anti-social single player gaming, and you're literally botting 4-5 of the characters. IDK, call me a puritan but configuring bots and tools is just a different game to FFXI for me.
By Felgarr 2024-01-25 14:12:42  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Derail: If the entire population wasn't reliant on 6 boxing everything, maybe there would be inter-player communication and co-operation.

Gotta stop 6-boxing stuff if you want to have cooperation, gotta have cooperation to stop 6-boxing I guess.

I understand (and do) 2 boxing, I *kind of* get 3 boxing for non-event stuff. I totally do not understand 6-boxing, that's just straight up anti-social single player gaming, and you're literally botting 4-5 of the characters. IDK, call me a puritan but configuring bots and tools is just a different game to FFXI for me.

This is true. I've had an Odyssey static with only 4 people for the last 6 weeks and finding the 5th and 6th person has been extremely difficult. I'm literally doing charity work with Sheol C segment runs + Bumba RP to get everyone Rank 25 Nyame first. ...but people seem to be focused on trying (and failing) to get clears.
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-01-25 14:14:03  
Derail: If the entire population wasn't reliant on 6 boxing everything, maybe there would be inter-player communication and co-operation. Solo guys again, ***outta luck.

But *** you got mine works too. Cause it always does.

There's shouts/yells, linkshell concierges, forums, discords, etc., all of these tools to assist with communication and collaboration, but it's multi boxers fault single boxers don't get endgame content done? lol k.

I very highly doubt anybody is 6 boxing v20+, MAYBE sortie, but even that would be a huge pain in the ***. Even if a handful of people you could point to were, it's definitely not the majority of multi boxers.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-01-25 14:16:09  
It's not that theyre multiboxing v20, it's that they 6 box everything else and have no opportunities to interact with other humans that would lead to them doing events unboxed.

You can't meet a whm friend if you bring your whmbot to everything you do. And you as a WHM can't make a DD friend if they bring their whmbot to everything.
By Zehira 2024-01-25 14:45:18  
It's an MMO guys, cmon, let's try treating it like one and build some relationships.

Ah yes. That's what you have trusts for. Trust nobody but bots.

Gotta make FFXI offline for anyone to enjoy the story as well as addicted to Mithra like cigarettes.
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-01-25 14:50:21  
It's not that theyre multiboxing v20, it's that they 6 box everything else and have no opportunities to interact with other humans that would lead to them doing events unboxed.

You can't meet a whm friend if you bring your whmbot to everything you do. And you as a WHM can't make a DD friend if they bring their whmbot to everything.

I get what you're saying, but me personally, I already found my community within my LS. Those are the relationships I build and foster. Occasionally I'll chat it up with someone I pass in town, or run into camping the same Empy weapon trial mob, but outside that, It just doesn't happen. If I need to do something, I can either get it done with LS members or my alts, so there was never a chance for a new WHM friend for me anyway. I get that's not everyone, but just saying.

I suppose you'd have to assign blame to the people that prefer using WHM trusts over meeting a new WHM friend too then, yeah?

As an aside, if anyone on Asura wanted to ask me for help, I'd be more than happy to. I'm not farming you Chloris buds and I've got a sortie static. Outside that, I'm yer Huckleberry (within reason).
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-01-25 14:53:52  
Anything that discourages human interaction (trusts, yes) are a hindrance.

You should be (always) growing your circle and meeting new humans. Trusts and boxes are a last resort, not a first response. Always assbackwards.
By K123 2024-01-25 14:55:51  
If you are pugging all of your content with 5 people you've never met before, you're gonna have a bad time.

I'm just a broken record at this point but: join a Discord, Linkshell, or more than one of each. Start chatting with people who you notice are good at the game. Next time, instead of pugging with 5 randoms, grab 3 of your buddies and PUG the last two slots.
Not everyone has the luxury of scheduling their life around FFXI anymore though. SE made literally all other content more friendly for casual players, but with Odyssey (and Sortie, another story) not. It's more understandable that Sortie hasn't been made easier yet as it is much newer - and noone is asking for the V20/25 fights to be made easier. Just for there to be more reason to do them if you have the clear already, and make RPing less of a time sink.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-25 15:11:13  
K123 said: »
Not everyone has the luxury of scheduling their life around FFXI anymore though.

I didn't say "make a 6 man static and run with them every day at the same time"

I said:

join a Discord, Linkshell, or more than one of each. Start chatting with people who you notice are good at the game. Next time, instead of pugging with 5 randoms, grab 3 of your buddies and PUG the last two slots.

Which one of these things do you think requires you to schedule your life around FFXI? You can just log in at your convenience, see who's online, and start a run. Or, when you know what your life has in store for you, you can ask your friends if they're available on Thursday at 6pm EST. Scheduling FFXI around your life, or not scheduling FFXI at all.
By K123 2024-01-25 15:35:46  
Yes, talk to some people then "grab" them for content they have already done. Ok.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-01-25 15:44:21  
FFXI was a better game without the dailies - it neuters every group to go with the best instead of just trying. Very bad for business. You aren't finding members because there's none around, you can't find them because they don't want to waste their time, cleared it, or they already went that day.
[+]
By K123 2024-01-25 15:48:13  
Well I am in the group of people that weren't playing when it was added, but would have been doing v15/20/25 as it was if I were. Since there is noone around to do them with really (worsened by being EU probably) all other people I knew that could have done it that also considered coming back decided not to since it's so hard to fill 6/6.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-25 16:08:36  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
FFXI was a better game without the dailies - it neuters every group to go with the best instead of just trying. Very bad for business. You aren't finding members because there's none around, you can't find them because they don't want to waste their time, cleared it, or they already went that day.
For the umpteenth time, dailies arent new to FFXI. You just notice them more now because you're not 20 years old with no responsibilities.
[+]
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-01-25 16:15:19  
Anything that discourages human interaction (trusts, yes) are a hindrance.

You should be (always) growing your circle and meeting new humans. Trusts and boxes are a last resort, not a first response. Always assbackwards.

Just tell me what you need help with bro. My box WHM gotchu ;)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-01-25 16:18:02  
I need nothing, it's a general statement for the deterioration of XI (humanity in general, honestly)
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-01-25 16:18:55  
upon release of Odyssey:Gaol, it was content, and was approached as content by those who were active in-game at that time. For those who missed that bus and are now trying to do it, they don't view it as content- its just yet another piece of gear listed on some guide to check off.

How they get it is of little concern, learning the fights is just an obstacle not a goal, and once they're done, they have zero urge to keep experiencing the content and become the seasoned veteran helping others.

Its not a content issue.

Its not a difficulty issue.

....Its a playerbase issue. Fix yourselves, and shockingly, the content will suddenly be very approachable.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-25 16:22:17  
Reminds me of one of the posts in the Horizon threads about some dude who played retail, got powered to lv99 in half a day then jumped right through to sortie and odyssey, then complained there was no content where has "Horizon has so much content", except horizon has so much content because they're literally skipping nothing and it takes 4 months to get to lv75.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-01-25 16:25:49  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
....Its a playerbase issue. Fix yourselves, and shockingly, the content will suddenly be very approachable.

That's like blaming the consumer for not buying your tee shirts.

Players are humans, well I hope most of you are. Humans are generally driven by self interest. Our two strongest motivators are avoidance of pain and acquisition of pleasure. Of those two avoiding pain has been found to be the strongest, meaning the reward must be much greater then the pain required to get there.

When we view content through this lens, the situation becomes perfectly clear. Odysea Gaol V20+ fights are pure pain, V25 is even worse with it's randomness. These fights were a novelty at first, a mountain to claim, the sweet pleasure of getting that clear and upgrading that gear made that pain worth it. That novelty has wore off, there is no longer pleasure at completing a clear, yet the pain of the fight still exists.

That is why it's usually smart to go back and "adjust" content a year or two after it's been released, as a way to reduce the pain while adding some sort of reward from it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-01-25 16:29:28  
don't disagree that's our nature- but fully embracing our nature when we know there are better moral aims out there we can aspire towards is just being lazy. Yes, it takes work to fight against our nature. That doesn't make it wrong or impossible, just harder.

I take great joy from seeing someone get a key v25 clear that I didn't need, just because I know how big it is for that friend. That's the extra reward I'm shooting for at least.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-01-25 16:33:45  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
don't disagree that's our nature- but fully embracing our nature when we know there are better moral aims out there we can aspire towards is just being lazy. Yes, it takes work to fight against our nature. That doesn't make it wrong or impossible, just harder.

I take great joy from seeing someone get a key v25 clear that I didn't need, just because I know how big it is for that friend. That's the extra reward I'm shooting for at least.

While I would agree with you if this was anything other then a video game, it's a video game. We are paying money for the purpose of entertainment. I'm pretty sure masochists are in the minority of the gaming population.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-01-25 16:34:37  
Now that's funny. "Just a couple masochists"
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-01-25 16:36:10  
Now that's funny. "Just a couple masochists"
....never meanin' no harm...
By K123 2024-01-25 16:40:28  
Yet noone has asked for any fights to be easier.

Just make it like 10 fights to RP V25 instead of 50 since all you do is afk 90% of the time anyway. That ***isn't hard. It doesn't make you a good player for having done it, etc.

Also add a reward for those who have already cleared, like fat EP or something.

Literally noone asked for the fights to be easier.
[+]
By K123 2024-01-25 16:46:00  
On the fights though, I kinda think the meva of the pets should have been a little bit lower and maybe have allowed light based sleeps to be able to land.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-01-25 16:50:48  
There are legitimate adjustments I can 100% agree would be welcomed and yet not take away any of the accomplishment of v25 wins, Saevel has that bit right.

-Item that can be exchanged for 10k EP upon a v25 victory if you already have that win. (just a personal thought so one isn't locked into getting EP on the job for that fight)
-option to enter a fight for reduced cost that also results in zero RP earned. (like a 1k moglophone II)
-allow using the Temp Item after removing the requisite HP% and still receive the RP without waiting out the full 15 minutes. (your point about afk'ing 85% of the time is very accurate and unnecessary- the work has been done)

I'm sure there's tons of things that could be done to entice those "done" with Odyssey to still want to help on Gaol fights the way the gil and EP from segment runs keeps us wanting to do it. And many can be done without adjusting the difficulties one bit.
By Meeble 2024-01-25 17:02:15  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

I don't have a problem with the daily lockout on seg farming; If you could spend all day in Sheol A/B/C they'd have to nerf the gil and augment item rewards. Stacking to 3 would be fine, but they already said they might do that eventually. Ody might not be "fresh" but it's not old content by XI standards either.

Daily lockouts for Gaol aren't a thing; Segment cost is, but the idea that R30 players don't want to repeat v25 because of segment cost is absurd. We have no further use for segments except for helping friends; It's the time and RNG required to get the v25 wins after charizard that we don't want to repeat every day.

It's telling that even the Asura shout mercs won't sell most T3 v25 clears. Pugging them might be possible, but expecting that to be easy or casual-friendly is unreasonable.
By K123 2024-01-25 17:24:02  
I like the personal pool item drop for EP but it would have to be like 20k EP for V20 and 40k for V25... even then it would just motivate people to just clear with friends still? Maybe it would need someone to have not got the clear for item to be able to drop idk.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 15 16 17