users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Dat Modding » Storage Slip Dat Mod
Storage Slip Dat Mod
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-11-14 06:15:12  
So, I feel like this is probably wasted effort and it'll get fixed by SE in the next day or 2 anyway. That said, since they updated last night without correcting it and it's only a 5 minute fix, I threw together a dat with the storage slip data corrected. Place it in:
ROM/217/21.DAT

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/bjx22blgwjeumu0wii8d3/21.DAT?rlkey=5ce0q59ffdly2vk9eow9lkn8v&dl=0

Recommend replacing the real dat, not pivot, so it doesn't get stuck there when SE gets around to changing it again.
[+]
By Tokimemofan 2023-11-14 07:18:23  
What’s so stupid about this is Funkworkz actually caught the bug in his livestream, I reported it to SE after confirming, we have had a patch to fix the game pad feature for the European client and yet no patch yet for this. It’s beyond stupid where SE has its priorities here. This is right up there with the San d’Oria crash bug several months back as far as neglect goes
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-14 07:27:17  
They ain't got no *** to give, what's so hard about that to figure out. I mean christ, how many times do they have to show you who they are for you to understand. Seriously.

Beating a dead horse but you still can't hear the thump.

For what it's worth, the dat wasn't wasted effort, it won't be fixed until they add the update for the vanabout system (IF they fix it.)((unless you shamed them into fixing it, canceled for that of course, how dare you fix a problem that they were trying so hard to fix and show them up like that))
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-11-14 07:57:39  
guarantee part of the priority for SE was "well, they might be blank, but they do still work" regarding the slips vs the gamepad fix.

Appreciate the band-aid til SE can get their heads on, Thorny^^
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-11-14 08:06:21  
Thanks Thorny!
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-11-14 15:25:13  
Looks like some of the extra data on maze vouchers isn't properly exported w/ the dat editing tool I used, so may cause them to show up weirdly when editing runes if anyone is observing that. Don't plan to try to figure it out, since I still expect SE to solve this relatively soon.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [140 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-02 08:21:42  
A visibility bump for the Storage Slip fix.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-02 08:27:31  
Did they break them again? lol

That dat won't have new items from whenever I posted it until now, fwiw. So, some possibility that it's going to cause other items to be broken if you use it as is.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-02 08:31:37  
Updated it to the real, unmodified dat from prior to today's update:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/bjx22blgwjeumu0wii8d3/21.DAT?rlkey=5ce0q59ffdly2vk9eow9lkn8v&dl=0

Still won't have items from today's update, though(if there even were any).
[+]
By zeta 2024-04-02 08:34:54  
Never really felt this way but this game is kinda a joke now sadly. The April fools update seemed like a slap in the face to people that would actually like things like a graphics update.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-02 08:56:30  
At a glance, it doesn't look like any items have been added to the dat since they broke it in November.. looks like they just screwed up their versioning somehow and copied the broken one back in. So, the copy from prior to today's update should be fine.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2024-04-02 15:20:20  
zeta said: »
Never really felt this way but this game is kinda a joke now sadly. The April fools update seemed like a slap in the face to people that would actually like things like a graphics update.
if you think that they would devote the manpower and resources to XI for a graphics overhaul, I have a wonderful deal on a bridge you would be interested in. the powers that be stopped caring about devoting resources to XI after XIV actually became profitable and didn't need propped up by XI's subscription money.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-04-02 16:17:03  
fillerbunny9 said: »
I have a wonderful deal on a bridge you would be interested in.
Is it the one in Baltimore?
[+]
By Ashbel 2024-04-03 20:28:32  
what's the science behind this?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-03 20:34:09  
It's literally just the same file, pre *** up.

If you hadn't updated yet, you'd have this exact file. It's reverting the new (broken) file to the previously working state.

You could do it yourself if you had the old file still on another pc. Copy Paste overwrite the corrupt dat.
[+]