November 2023 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 10 11 12
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-10 14:53:56  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Homie's talking about not being able to pass item from main to mule over...[checks notes] Guimauve Meat which can be exchanged for a DT body and then subsequent exchanges for [puts on a pair of glasses to make sure I have this right due to the amount of disbelief I am in] a usable item that gives you a baby lynx costume.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-10 15:36:55  
BUT MERCSSSSSSSSSS
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-10 16:00:26  
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-11-10 17:16:45  
I'm probably going to regret asking this, but I'll bite: why are personal drops a bad thing vs pooled drops? I can't think of any reason why just getting a personal reward is a bad thing, unless it's because of having multiple characters.
[+]
 Fenrir.Zenion
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2023-11-10 17:21:47  
Aiight, the steal thing isn't quite as bad as it feels. I managed it on a decidedly mid thief (~300 job points, nothing better than Malignance); sub dnc, stack five quicksteps, feint, grape daifuku, and I think my only steal+ gear was the reforged artifact+2 legs. Got it on my first try after switching to /dnc, sixth of the day, probably like twentieth overall on thf main?

I still don't like it, but it's not, like, super impossible top tier only content. It's a miserable time sink with that JA timer though.

I don't see it in the thread anywhere yet, do we have confirmation on the cost of the Adamantite Armor? Is it just one drop, or like ten to buy it?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-10 17:25:46  
For starters:
If youre ML50, once you get your admantite body, wheres your incentive to keep goin? “Got my ***, peace out”. It is a decent EP reward, but a C-tier group could do better EP/ROI depending on steal luck. Its infinitely better than nothing though.

For group settings:
You can be stuck doing useless content for nothing because everyones gotten multiple meats and one person still hasnt gotten it.
Theres also the scenario where the person who can use the item the most just isnt getting it. Imagine if defending ring or ridill were personal loot. Your whm just got a d.ring, not your pld. Gg
You killed Qilin 1000 times just to see a non-gallarhorn brd go “OMG CORUS”

Its dumb
By drakefs 2023-11-10 17:27:21  
K123 said: »
60k Exemplar points a day if you waste hours trying to steal a stupid item

I dunno, its not like the mobs you steal from are Locus mobs...

Make a ML camp of it and now you no longer waste hours trying to steal the spawn item.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-11-10 17:28:59  
Well, you could keep doing this content to help out your linkshell friends, and/or master level other jobs. That's enough incentive. You'd need to ML50 all your jobs before it becomes purely about helping others.

As for personal drops, the only people upset with that are those who want to sell them. It can't be easily monetized, and I love that design choice! So, I have to give praise to Fujito and his crew on that decision.
By Felgarr 2023-11-10 17:30:08  
Does anyone know if any of the 6 people can enter again or must all 6 wait another 24 hours before trying again?
 Fenrir.Velner
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2023-11-10 17:36:04  
Felgarr said: »
Does anyone know if any of the 6 people can enter again or must all 6 wait another 24 hours before trying again?

Everybody must wait until the next real world day if the Flans are popped.
[+]
By drakefs 2023-11-10 17:44:43  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
As for personal drops, the only people upset with that are those who want to sell them.

That is absolutely not true. I bring friends to my AMAN Trove runs just in case something drops that I do not need and that they can use. It is always nice to be able to help someone gear up.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-10 17:47:00  
For starters:
If youre ML50, once you get your admantite body, wheres your incentive to keep goin? “Got my ***, peace out”. It is a decent EP reward, but a C-tier group could do better EP/ROI depending on steal luck. Its infinitely better than nothing though.

For group settings:
You can be stuck doing useless content for nothing because everyones gotten multiple meats and one person still hasnt gotten it.
Theres also the scenario where the person who can use the item the most just isnt getting it. Imagine if defending ring or ridill were personal loot. Your whm just got a d.ring, not your pld. Gg

Its dumb

This makes zero sense...

With a shared pool, you get a chance at one and only one drop, that is then looted on by 6 people. With individual pools each person gets a roll, so six rolls.

The only down side to individual pool is that it doesn't benefit those people multi-boxing fights, or those who sell drops. The "WHM getting a D. Ring" doesn't matter because the Paladin also got their own roll, which they failed. Not only that, but all the Rangers, Bards, Warriors and everyone else in the alliance got a roll too. Individual loot back in Kings would of been glorious, no more LS leaders restricting drops to their personal favorites.
[+]
By Agrestic 2023-11-10 17:57:36  
Does anybody else's gearswap start spewing errors during this fight? Feels like some event (the effect of lets tango maybe) goes unhandled and the libraries can't tell what's going on.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-11-10 18:06:05  
drakefs said: »
As for personal drops, the only people upset with that are those who want to sell them.

That is absolutely not true. I bring friends to my AMAN Trove runs just in case something drops that I do not need and that they can use. It is always nice to be able to help someone gear up.

Huh? I think you misunderstood what I said. I was responding to others who were upset that the new battle only gives an item as a personal drop, and not in the traditional way of putting it in the treasure pool, because it deters mercs from selling the drop. I can't understand how you felt I was saying anything else.

And also, throughout my years, I have taken a ton of time out to help others, and sometimes straight up handed equipment (when it was due to go to me) to others that I knew would benefit them more than myself. So, again, I think you totally misread my comment.
[+]
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2023-11-10 18:19:14  
Ok so from what I've read on the Square Enix FFXI website, and the forums here, I'm not 100% entirely sure about a few things so maybe someone can correct me where I'm wrong:

A Party of 3 to 6 people enters the battlefield under the restriction that only those possessing the imp box item in their inventory can select the fight to enter.

Everyone uses their box inside the battlefield to be eligible for a personal loot drop (?)

Clear the fight and wait another day.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-10 18:35:55  
Asura.Saevel said: »
or those who sell drops.

Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-11-10 18:41:02  
I'm not sure if it was mentioned here, but the same AoE magic damage penalty from oddy is present in this flan BCNM. We just went in and I came thief to see how treasure hunter affected drop rates. Aeolian edge hit my main target hit for 9500 damage, and the 5 other flans took 95 damage. Our scholar tried AoE kaustra and confirmed it didn't work for him either.

Single target nukes onry.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-10 18:46:07  
Asura.Saevel said: »
or those who sell drops.

Quote:
The only down side to individual pool is that it doesn't benefit those people multi-boxing fights

Thou doth protest too much, methinks. Mechanically this can only benefit people over single shared roll as it yields many times the number of total drops. Which might be what you really want anyway, to artificially restrict access to something to a smaller population. If such is the case, then I invite everyone to kindly ignore this guy.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-10 18:59:03  
@illuminate:

Impish box is the "orb" for this BCNM. When you enter, there are no enemies. Someone (anyone) needs to use the impish box. This spawns the flans, 1 per party member. As you kill the flans, there's some roll behind the scenes to determine if each party member got a flan meat, which is distributed directly to their inventory. Meat can be converted into the body piece. After that, who knows what it's used for, I'm not sure that's been verified yet since the event's only been out 1-2 JP days.

After the fight, everyone is locked out until JP midnight.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2023-11-10 19:25:40  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
@illuminate:

Impish box is the "orb" for this BCNM. When you enter, there are no enemies. Someone (anyone) needs to use the impish box. This spawns the flans, 1 per party member. As you kill the flans, there's some roll behind the scenes to determine if each party member got a flan meat, which is distributed directly to their inventory. Meat can be converted into the body piece. After that, who knows what it's used for, I'm not sure that's been verified yet since the event's only been out 1-2 JP days.

After the fight, everyone is locked out until JP midnight.
welcome to the CoP Empty BCNM fights in 2023 terms
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-11-10 19:43:45  
For starters:

Huh? The point about EP reward has zero to do with the drop style, neither does being ML50. You'd just be doing it for the drop. The content has a finite lifespan, just like any BCNM where or event where you have everything you need from it. Do you still do Shinryu HTBF after you've gotten the gear you're after? If you have all cards and Omen drops, do you bother doing Omen still? I don't understand this logic at all, because the same thing can be said about most other events. Do you know how many people rotated in and out of Lilith HTBF groups once they got their drops? And those were shared pools. You get your item, and you're done.

As far as getting better ML/hour in a normal party, of course? The point is you're passively getting EP doing a daily where you otherwise wouldn't have joined an EP party. If you don't need the points, you obviously wouldn't be doing it just for that.

For group settings:

So why can't you just shuffle in new people for those who already got it? That would help new people out, especially those who struggle earning EP in normal setting. And if the people who have the drop already are your friends, then they are helping you because you are friends, so getting "nothing" doesn't matter unless they don't want to waste time. But that would be no different than me helping someone with Ody clears on lower tiers for people even though I have maxed gear from it.

Its dumb

What? This is 2008 "lol drop went to the scrub, figures!" logic. If you're doing the fight, EVERYONE wants the drop. Who cares if your GEO can use it for his super duper niche set; everyone can benefit from the drop in some way if they would be taking the time to do the fight. In your example, WHM can't benefit from -10% DT? Why does PLD "need it more"? This mindset is archaic. And this body piece is nowhere near as good as Dring or Ridill was at during its time, so the comparison is hyperbole. The thing is more of a novelty. You could be mad if it was the absolute top end for every job, but it's not.

And what difference does it make if it's a personal drop or a pooled drop? So 5 other people need to pass to you or compete with you for a drop instead of a system that rewards you directly? Actually, private pools in this fight have a better drop reward to each participant than a shared pool. Entering with 6 people, you have 6 chances to get the item, and you claim it 100% of the time it drops. Versus 6 chances for the item to drop, and competing with 5 other people for it.

The only logical reason anyone would be upset with this drop distribution is because they are multi-boxing, and they would be annoyed if 1 of the WRONG characters got the drop they wanted and wish it had been on another. Or you get annoyed that someone you feel isn't worthy got the drop before you purely based off chance, which is exactly the same scenario as losing to someone who lot 999. I really don't get the angst.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-11-10 19:47:44  
Quote:
As far as getting better ML/hour in a normal party, of course? The point is you're passively getting EP doing a daily where you otherwise wouldn't have joined an EP party. If you don't need the points, you obviously wouldn't be doing it just for that.

I think this is the biggest hot take of the thread. My sortie group had a pop and we did a run tonight, then afterward we changed to an assortment of thief and cor/thf's while our prime drk held the imp. It took about 8-10 minutes for us to get a horn but we managed to do so. If you do it as a group and coordinate I can see this being a good way to get exemplar for your lesser played jobs. The earlier suggestion about bringing a party and random deal/wild carding a bunch to keep the steal timers up is a good one. Its the best way to get a pop for your group and since you only need one per day it's not *that* bad. Still a bit obnoxious but I've seen worse.
 Shiva.Myamoto
サーバ: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2023-11-10 20:24:04  
Might be coincidence or might be worth noting. Despoil gave me Imp Horn, Steal gave me Impish Box.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-11-10 21:11:09  
y'all need to reflect on what you're bitching about.

In particular as long as the JSE earring system remains unaltered....we should just shut our collective mouth about anything else in-game, less SE wants to make themselves out to be our benevolent loving masters and fix a damn goof BC vs something that actually was designed bad.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-10 21:25:32  
Whats worse: Personal loot pools or Sortie earrings?

[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-11-10 22:48:30  
Tested cor roll, still get the 10k
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-11-10 23:00:11  
Agrestic said: »
Does anybody else's gearswap start spewing errors during this fight? Feels like some event (the effect of lets tango maybe) goes unhandled and the libraries can't tell what's going on.

Yes... anyone know how to fix this?
By Shichishito 2023-11-10 23:12:33  
Quote:
because mercs, multiboxes and benevolence
YouTube Video Placeholder

Peasants are ought to know their place, what better way to demonstrate so than passing to the king.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 10 11 12