言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » November 2023 Version Update
November 2023 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12
By Bosworth 2023-11-09 16:17:36  
Is the new body piece the only thing tradable for the currency they added?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-09 16:25:09  
I dont think anyones gotten any meat to give to the taru?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-11-09 16:32:02  
Bosworth said: »
Is the new body piece the only thing tradable for the currency they added?

Prob Apple juices and Copper vouchers, just like Trove junk.
[+]
 Bahamut.Barault
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Barault 2023-11-09 16:45:16  
what's the consensus on the level of difficulty?
By gregchiro2013 2023-11-09 17:04:04  
hmmm another place for pup to shine (two pups can SC spam all day, depending on the acc needed)
 Fenrir.Velner
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2023-11-09 17:32:38  
Anybody know the new Flan .DAT? Thanks in advance!
 Bismarck.Ferthe
サーバ: Bismarck
user: erth
By Bismarck.Ferthe 2023-11-09 17:33:01  
gregchiro2013 said: »
hmmm another place for pup to shine (two pups can SC spam all day, depending on the acc needed)

Someone reported that becoming animated removed luopans so automatons probably disappear when it happens as well.
By Cevlina 2023-11-09 17:44:57  

In regards to that Vana'Bout thing, I got this in my freaking email which links to the patch notes as if there's supposed to be more info there but there isn't.

So yeah it's the cross-server co-op thing that they teased in the Patch Announcement a few days ago. It probably got delayed from full implementation at the last minute and the promotional material wasn't changed before the patch hit.
By Draylo 2023-11-09 17:48:33  
The stealing thing stimulating the economy!

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/28383/pentalagus-charm
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-11-09 17:50:48  
Draylo said: »
The stealing thing stimulating the economy!

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/28383/pentalagus-charm

10m? Lol. Seriously, people on Asura, don't be falling for that. A guy likely sold it to themselves to fool people in to paying that much. The battlefield to get this is not difficult. Tails Of Woe II has you killing a bunch of rabbits. That's all you do. It really is that simple.
By Horovivi 2023-11-09 17:59:21  
I got the box on two characters with only +21 steal. Each time I got the drop was after the horn was visible on the imps waist. Also both times the imps were below 10 percent I had used steal multiple times on the same mob, 3 times on one char, 2 times on the other and used feint then steal. Both chars done in 60 mins or so.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2023-11-09 18:14:08  
Cevlina said: »

In regards to that Vana'Bout thing, I got this in my freaking email which links to the patch notes as if there's supposed to be more info there but there isn't.

So yeah it's the cross-server co-op thing that they teased in the Patch Announcement a few days ago. It probably got delayed from full implementation at the last minute and the promotional material wasn't changed before the patch hit.

Yes yes but will it include the Horizon server

:trollface:
[+]
 Phoenix.Dridian
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Dridian
By Phoenix.Dridian 2023-11-09 18:14:39  
Was able to get the Impish box with Steal+15 in 1/3 attempts. Last I remembered with steal back in the day, was loading up on Accuracy and with the Empy+3 gearset and ML20, it was good as done.
[+]
By Shenaniganz 2023-11-09 18:32:38  
Cevlina said: »
It probably got delayed from full implementation at the last minute and the promotional material wasn't changed before the patch hit.
They (Fujito?) mentioned this would start in the latter half of this month during the Freshly Picked.
But their email linking you directly to the update notes is dumb as hell.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-11-09 18:56:53  
Phoenix.Dridian said: »
Was able to get the Impish box with Steal+15 in 1/3 attempts. Last I remembered with steal back in the day, was loading up on Accuracy and with the Empy+3 gearset and ML20, it was good as done.

That could be what I was doing wrong. Stacking up too much on Steal gear and not accuracy. Will try it again.

Edit: You must have got lucky. I have over 1600 accuracy with +15 Steal and still nothing.
 Asura.Koruma
user: Koruma
By Asura.Koruma 2023-11-09 19:58:08  
I got the box on my 4th steal attempt. I damaged the Imp down to ~15% HP, didn't pay attention to any TP moves or anything, I did notice the horn model was on it's waist at some point. I used Feint before every Steal and Despoil attempt, I only use the AF+3 Boots, the rest is 119 JSE/etc gear. I have 1 merit in Aura Steal for anyone keeping track of that, Master Level 12. Imp was at ~7% when my 4th steal landed and got the box.

Edit: I forgot to mention I used Valaineral to hold the Imp, I only stole from behind.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-11-09 20:07:34  
I finally got mine! Took me many, many hours. Have been doing what Koruma said above for a long while. Stack up on accuracy, use Feint, don't pay attention to TP moves. It's all about frequency at that point. Mobs HP might be a factor. I got mine from behind at 4%. I was about to give up again. It's like SE knew and decided to tell the server to give me it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-09 20:17:22  
If you're not bringing out 3 THF 3 COR doing Stealx3 RD Stealx3 RD Stealx3 WC Stealx3 RD Stealx3 RD Stealx3 RD Stealx3 WC Stealx3 RD Stealx3 RD Stealx3 RD Stealx3 WC Stealx3 RD Stealx3 RD Stealx3 RD Stealx3

What are you doing with your life?
[+]
 Shiva.Myamoto
サーバ: Shiva
user: Myamoto
By Shiva.Myamoto 2023-11-09 20:19:24  
Just did fight, 5 players, 5 flans. Easy stuff. Helix very effective. Enspell very effective. Its actually a rather entertaining fight having no control over your character. Their "Charm" as noted is more of a berserk status where you just lose control of your character... but I would say its acting more as a provoke, my character was fighting the one that "charmed" me personally. Happened twice, different mob each time. No Drops, 10k exemplar per flan.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-11-09 20:55:21  
Is the item only available through Steal, or does Despoil work? Trust Nanaa Mihgo has the Despoil ability, if that works.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-11-09 21:01:17  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Is the item only available through Steal, or does Despoil work? Trust Nanaa Mihgo has the Despoil ability, if that works.

The only item I have seen from Despoil is an Imp Wing. The ability is known to steal items other than the one Steal gets. Feels like a waste of time to me, unless someone can prove otherwise with a screenshot.
By zixxer 2023-11-09 21:03:02  
Sorry if I missed it, but did anyone actually get the drop from the fight yet?
 Shiva.Ragnarzero
By Shiva.Ragnarzero 2023-11-09 22:29:44  
2-3 hrs of stealing/despoil as Thf/War and a rdm/thf to get 1 from a Steal while mob at 1% (or so). I had distract 3 and Dia 3 on the mob. I've found out you have to take the IMP down to < 20-25% for it to use another TP move then Frenetic Rip and allow the horn to spawn.

as other have said, It is in the spot where the Cutter fight is at. When you enter 0 mobs, so 30 mins and you can buff. Once you use the Box (only I as the leader had one) 1 pudding will spawn for each player that entered. We had a WHM, RUN, SCH, RDM, COR. I as COR didn't get a single WS off (made the mistake trying to get 3k), but Helix was hitting near capped (no MB), and capped with Ebullience. The RDM with Enfire was dealing a ton of damage (en-spells 1k+), We were taking little to no damage, just annoying that they would "charm" (their new Bezerk move that just makes you auto them) and you would just auto and then loose TP when the "charm" was over, Also i think its targeted because even when moved away the WHM and SCH were getting charmed. Once we killed 1 there was less charms and they started dropping faster. Magic is for sure the way to go, so Enspells, magic WSs, Helix's etc.
No drop (and no chest) so maybe TH will help? (going to try THF/RDM next time)

Went out for farm after again for another, Dropped the mob to 3% had 3 THFs and 1 rdm/thf spent about 1 hr despoiling and stealing, no drops (even got it down to 1% for a bunch).
The Steal Rate is BS on this thing so be warned.
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-11-09 22:57:38  
Shiva.Ragnarzero said: »
2-3 hrs of stealing/despoil as Thf/War and a rdm/thf to get 1 from a Steal while mob at 1% (or so). I had distract 3 and Dia 3 on the mob. I've found out you have to take the IMP down to < 20-25% for it to use another TP move then Frenetic Rip and allow the horn to spawn.

as other have said, It is in the spot where the Cutter fight is at. When you enter 0 mobs, so 30 mins and you can buff. Once you use the Box (only I as the leader had one) 1 pudding will spawn for each player that entered. We had a WHM, RUN, SCH, RDM, COR. I as COR didn't get a single WS off (made the mistake trying to get 3k), but Helix was hitting near capped (no MB), and capped with Ebullience. The RDM with Enfire was dealing a ton of damage (en-spells 1k+), We were taking little to no damage, just annoying that they would "charm" (their new Bezerk move that just makes you auto them) and you would just auto and then loose TP when the "charm" was over, Also i think its targeted because even when moved away the WHM and SCH were getting charmed. Once we killed 1 there was less charms and they started dropping faster. Magic is for sure the way to go, so Enspells, magic WSs, Helix's etc.
No drop (and no chest) so maybe TH will help? (going to try THF/RDM next time)

Went out for farm after again for another, Dropped the mob to 3% had 3 THFs and 1 rdm/thf spent about 1 hr despoiling and stealing, no drops (even got it down to 1% for a bunch).
The Steal Rate is BS on this thing so be warned.

Adding another damage technique:

Tachi:Kagero > Tachi:Goten creates Fusion > Leaden Salute which made Gravitation (~95k Leaden + ~70k Gravitation). This took one pink flan mob from ~63% to dead.

It might have been better to jut do Tachi: Kasha > Leaden Salute...but I'm open to suggestions because all of the magical/hybrid GK Weapon Skills seemed very underwheling. Their utility was just opening a skillchain in our random party setup.
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-11-09 23:26:35  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
If you're not bringing out 3 THF 3 COR doing Stealx3 RD Stealx3 RD Stealx3 WC Stealx3 RD Stealx3 RD Stealx3 RD Stealx3 WC Stealx3 RD Stealx3 RD Stealx3 RD Stealx3 WC Stealx3 RD Stealx3 RD Stealx3 RD Stealx3

What are you doing with your life?

Dont forget to sub cor with at least mlv5 thf for random deal on the thfs and /thf on the cors for steal lol
[+]
 Asura.Volteczero
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-11-09 23:52:44  
I dont even give a ***about the drop, 60k exemplar is the real reward
[+]
 Asura.Helmaru
user: lafilnemi
By Asura.Helmaru 2023-11-10 00:40:09  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
I dont think anyones gotten any meat to give to the taru?

Rigamiri (jp streamer) got item (from what ive seen he didnt pop the mobs - second fight lol).. there doesnt seem to be any dialogue to choose, he just got the body after a cs. So atleast that seems to be 100 percent?

fight at 2:47
Item trade in at 2:58ish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_7aXMv9LPU
[+]
By drakefs 2023-11-10 00:48:43  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Edit: You must have got lucky. I have over 1600 accuracy with +15 Steal and still nothing.

Not sure ACC is important. My THF has +26 Steal and went 1/3 (stole from behind). Didn't engage with the THF.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12