RMT Bots Have Won...

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » RMT bots have won...
RMT bots have won...
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 10 11 12
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-10-20 08:35:47  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
They think they want the experience and to have a lively server population. These are lies, everyone playing this game is old/anti-social. The people who want cart blanche are the ones that need anonymity from their own sketchy reputations. Everyone else believing these lies are their next victims.

/endLawAndOrder theme song

Most think they want to re-experience "hard core" 75 era end game, while only remembering the good parts. Our brains have this funny ability to grey out past bad memories while emphasizing good ones, it takes something traumatic to actually stick out. What people don't seem to remember is having a small number of LS's completely monopolize a servers HNM scene and if you weren't "in good" with those groups you were SoL. Want to fight sky gods, you better get a group to farm those pops whenever the big groups aren't around. Want that E Body, good luck with that, the HNMLS's girl friend is getting it before you. You had to do what other people wanted, when they wanted and how they wanted or go find a new game.

Those private servers are like that except the admins are leaders of their own HNMLS's and run them like a fiefdom with them as the untouchable King.

I'd take SE's benign neglect over a dedicated tyrant any day.

The LS girlfriend comment was just too real. Thank you for the memories
[+]
By Mattelot 2023-10-20 08:45:42  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
The LS girlfriend comment was just too real. Thank you for the memories

There were tyrants back then too. There was one extremely early HNMLS I remember where the leader ruled with an iron fist. He even charged his members real life "dues" for the "privilege of being in his LS" and people were either idiotic enough or desperate enough to pay it. And there was this geeky view that if you were in his LS, you were the freaking man! Some of them would sit in Jeuno wearing a bunch of hard-to-get gear, not because it was something they'd wear regularly, but so that random people they don't know will /check them and gawk.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2023-10-20 09:17:05  
Asura.Rekcuf said: »
kuroki said: »
the community on horizon does sound appealing, but the admins or whatever you call them spoil the impression routinely.
THE PEOPLE who run horizon are ***many people got banned, i even got banned for abusing the Gill Drop on a specific mob, lol anyway,
They legit over buffed The beachmaster and all of the gms played bst after they leveled and got everything they can with it, they nerfed it, and the changes they have done was a Step for them apparently everyone else has to find out but not them. On top of that there was alot of sexual harrassment apparently from one of the gm's am not calling names but just google lol,
and i have seen a RMT Yell last Week in Horizonxi, i think the Devs are the ones who sell gill and than they bann people they don't like afterwards as well.

Horizon in general is good but the Mods are *** retards, i remamber someone getting a lushang in day 2 or something as well LOL

Enough, FFXIAH!
We have not given up hope!
We are alive!
We were born for the purpose of playing FFXI!
The paradise of Horizon is no more, and the history of the 75 Era is at an end.
But now people will be set free. Free from the chains of Aerec...
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-10-20 10:25:46  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Asura.Rekcuf said: »
kuroki said: »
the community on horizon does sound appealing, but the admins or whatever you call them spoil the impression routinely.
THE PEOPLE who run horizon are ***many people got banned, i even got banned for abusing the Gill Drop on a specific mob, lol anyway,
They legit over buffed The beachmaster and all of the gms played bst after they leveled and got everything they can with it, they nerfed it, and the changes they have done was a Step for them apparently everyone else has to find out but not them. On top of that there was alot of sexual harrassment apparently from one of the gm's am not calling names but just google lol,
and i have seen a RMT Yell last Week in Horizonxi, i think the Devs are the ones who sell gill and than they bann people they don't like afterwards as well.

Horizon in general is good but the Mods are *** retards, i remamber someone getting a lushang in day 2 or something as well LOL

Free from the chains of Aerec...
That guy has been self serving douche for the last 15 years. Ran a LS back in the day on Lakshmi when most linkshells didnt even have a single Relic, of course as the leader he got everyone do do Dynamis for his Aegis for over 6 months. Then when it came to build another relic, guess what? Was it the next tenured person? was it the person with the most gil to make it happen? oh no #2 was Aerec again, because he needed an Excal, reasoning "I know what it takes to make a relic", LOL. Guy has always been self-serving while trying to make everyone believe(seemingly somewhat effectively) he cares about them. He was dishonest and back handed back then

All this stuff said about him in this thread, I would imagine its 99% true.
[+]
By Mattelot 2023-10-20 10:46:20  
Asura.Toralin said: »
That guy has been self serving douche for the last 15 years. Ran a LS back in the day on Lakshmi when most linkshells didnt even have a single Relic, of course as the leader he got everyone do do Dynamis for his Aegis for over 6 months. Then when it came to build another relic, guess what? Was it the next tenured person? was it the person with the most gil to make it happen? oh no #2 was Aerec again, because he needed an Excal, reasoning "I know what it takes to make a relic", LOL. Guy has always been self-serving while trying to make everyone believe(seemingly somewhat effectively) he cares about them. He was dishonest and back handed back then

All this stuff said about him in this thread, I would imagine its 99% true.

What's sad is that I've known or read about people who were very similar yet for some odd reason, revered as "one of the greats".
By Aelius 2023-10-20 14:08:22  
Play CatseyeXI. Much better community, no RMT, and active dev team.
By GetHelpNerd 2023-10-20 14:19:32  
Aelius said: »
isn't that the one spicyroger or whatever is involved with?

i wouldn't touch that ***with a thousand foot pole, that dude is unhinged
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-10-20 14:42:51  
[+]
By Aelius 2023-10-20 15:11:03  
GetHelpNerd said: »

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it. He does a better job than you think. Love Roger.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-10-20 15:50:57  
F2P FFXI is for the poors
[+]
By Dodik 2023-10-20 16:26:03  
Any private server where your progress goes poof when it inevitably goes belly up and/or admins get bored of doing it or annoy too many people to make it non viable is a waste of time.

Could argue so is retail, it will also eventually shut down. Been saying that for the past 20 years though.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-10-20 16:55:36  
"Final Fantasy wont survive without us, their best players, this game will be dead before the end of the year"

-Victims of the great salvage banhammer of 2009.
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-10-20 17:31:22  
No interest here in private servers. They are just a train wreck to watch from afar.

Modern ffxi is just horribly gated through statics/multibox/lockouts which could be fixed easily and it'd suddenly be a ridiculously good game again. Private servers don't have that potential because they are stuck on 75 era which was good then, but not now. And, who wants to go back to being age 14 again?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-10-20 17:41:44  
Hopalong said: »
Modern ffxi is just horribly gated through statics/multibox/lockouts which could be fixed easily and it'd suddenly be a ridiculously good game again

OK I'll bite. What's the easy fix for statics, multi-boxing, and lockouts?
By GetHelpNerd 2023-10-20 18:13:14  

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it. He does a better job than you think. Love Roger.
sorry, no. there's a reason that kid has been banned off everywhere that he's not a major contributor. he'd be gone off BG if it wasn't for the wiki and likely catseye as well. homie has to make his own subreddits just to not get banned from ffxi related ones.

he was also adamantly vocal and against private servers for like 6 years and now he's a huge advoacate for them despite no change in behavior from SE. if you looked up unhinged it would literally be a picture of him

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Modern ffxi is just horribly gated through statics/multibox/lockouts which could be fixed easily and it'd suddenly be a ridiculously good game again

OK I'll bite. What's the easy fix for statics, multi-boxing, and lockouts?

harder alliance content(makes it less likely for normal dual boxers to dual box), bringing back craftable items that are BIS (people are less likely to spend money on dual boxed accounts) bans for borderline automation (see action taking gearswaps and addonds like "send")
By Hopalong 2023-10-20 18:52:58  
The ffxi posters here are going to give 1000 easy fixes for ffxi. Its so obtuse of the dev team to not realize the easiest of them. I blame hubris and pride, and abandonment.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-10-20 18:57:38  
harder alliance content(makes it less likely for normal dual boxers to dual box)

Cute in theory, but how do you make the content so hard a bot can't complete it? Seems like bot WHM, GEO, BRD are pretty damn effective. With the bots that are out there, it's pretty tough to make something that can't be done by a bot without resorting to FFXIV or WOW mechanics of constantly needing to move out of puddles.

It's also a little odd to say "People can't find 5 people to play with so they're resorting to playing multiple characters at once. The solution is to make 18-man content!" It's like having a peddleboat business where people who are using robots to control the second set of peddles because they're having trouble finding someone to partner up with, so your solution is 12-person peddleboats, to encourage more people to group up.

bringing back craftable items that are BIS (people are less likely to spend money on dual boxed accounts)

Maybe some people don't spend that much on their second+ accounts, but most people I play with have at least Yagrush for WHM and 3+ REMA for their BRDs, so I don't think requiring gil investment will stop anyone from multi-boxing. I've spent billions on my second character.

bans for borderline automation (see action taking gearswaps and addonds like "send")

I'd love to see this, but then you'd probably ban about 70% of the playerbase and kill the game.
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-10-20 19:00:26  
You might be trolling us Maletaru, nice job if so.

By trolling I mean playing devils advocate to the extreme or just extreme white knighting the devs current attention to ffxi.

Its not that people dont enjoy ffxi, its that ffxi could be so much better and we dont need to have stockholm syndrome.
[+]
By Seun 2023-10-20 19:11:11  
bans for borderline automation (see action taking gearswaps and addonds like "send")

I'd love to see this, but then you'd probably ban about 70% of the playerbase and kill the game.

To be fair, those 70% of players wouldn't be here to begin with if SE enforced their 'no third party tools' stance on the matter. As small as this community is, a lot of people wouldn't be here if they couldn't use tools. Sad state.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-10-20 19:14:12  
You might be trolling us Maletaru, nice job if so.

By trolling I mean playing devils advocate to the extreme or just extreme white knighting the devs current attention to ffxi.

Its not that people dont enjoy ffxi, its that ffxi could be so much better and we dont need to have stockholm syndrome.

Would you care to address my points, or bring up fixes of your own, or do you prefer to just talk in vague notions and make random accusations/insults?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-10-20 19:17:38  
It's also a little odd to say "People can't find 5 people to play with so they're resorting to playing multiple characters at once. The solution is to make 18-man content!" It's like having a peddleboat business where people who are using robots to control the second set of peddles because they're having trouble finding someone to partner up with, so your solution is 12-person peddleboats, to encourage more people to group up.

The logic behind those beliefs does make sense, its just very convoluted. The biggest issue I see right now is by limiting content to 6, you can no longer take that friend of yours along who is trying hard, but doesn't have a static. In 18 man content, which we all have talked ad nauseum really isn't "18-man required", its quite easy to have someone returning after a long break or just a newer player tag along and get help.

Now, what I see is a bunch of 5/6 statics all seeking that one last person to fill out until another gets frustrated and leaves the game, starting the process all over. Its a very inefficient way to have your playerbase busy.

I know the intent was to create a more flexible environment time-wise for us as players...find your 5 buddies, set up a play schedule that works with your lives, and ride it. But the truth is that leaves a lot of "partial" statics, and even more people looking from the outside.

And last, the experience, ML, and gear requirements to "get in" one of those incomplete statics completely alienates returnees or new folk. We just have to accept that what enables mercs to "carry" folks is the exact same mechanic that lets us carry our friends. You can't just eliminate one and preserve the other.

to use your paddleboat business example, its closer to renting 6 person paddleboats and families/friends in groups of 8 keep showing up, but when they learn you only rent 6 person paddleboats they opt for single person kayaks.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-10-20 19:25:57  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

My problem with this line of thinking is that we're trying to eliminate bots/automation/multi-boxing by putting in this 18-man content. If you make it easy enough that you CAN bring 18 people, but don't need 18 people, then you haven't solved any of those problems because people will still multi-box the ***out of it, automate it, and continue to bring their mules.

If you make it difficult enough that it requires 18 human beings, then you've made content that most people can't do, unless your plan works and you've induced demand. Even if your plan does work and you create a need for 18 people, then you still need EXACTLY 18 people or you end up with parties of 20 instead of parties of 18 aaaaaand same problem (except worse because now the 2 need to find 16 more).

RE: parties of 5 and lots of people seeking um....don't those 2 problems solve each other? If there are a bunch of 5/6 statics and a bunch of people you wish you could invite, but you just don't have space....shouldn't they be taking up the 6th spot?

you can no longer take that friend of yours along who is trying hard, but doesn't have a static.

Now, what I see is a bunch of 5/6 statics all seeking that one last person to fill out
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-10-20 19:40:46  
And last, the experience, ML, and gear requirements to "get in" one of those incomplete statics completely alienates returnees or new folk. We just have to accept that what enables mercs to "carry" folks is the exact same mechanic that lets us carry our friends. You can't just eliminate one and preserve the other.

I agree with this on the whole, but my solution would be kinda old-fashioned "walking up hill in the snow both ways" - the newer players need to nut up and make a group with other newer players. I had to clear every single Gaol NM on V5, 10, 15, 20, and 25. I'm glad they have the option to skip straight to 25 by merc'ing or getting help from us (their friends) but honestly, you need to recognize where you are at in the game and work your way up, not look straight to the top and aim for that.

Start doing Sortie to the best of yours/your peers' skill/gear levels, and work your way up to doing 8/9 or 9/9 bosses. Work your way through the Odyssey fights one at a time until you get to the harder tiers/vengeance instead of complaining that you can't get into an endgame group as soon as you hit 99. Make a group with people of similar skill/gear/unlocks, and make your way up to the top.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-10-20 19:44:22  
very valid points- there does seem to be fewer and fewer people out there willing to lead, and most players just want the invite to something already happening where everyone knows what's going on, and no tutorial is needed on what to expect.

The ideal solution is "generations" of players, growing with their compatriots of similar skill/gear level, and meet the rest who are already there when they arrive.
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-10-20 19:49:00  
Err, with what players that are left after The Grand Disillusionment?

And, what game wants to be stratified so hard that the "elites" can't play with the 'noobs'.

Hard disagree with that post.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-10-20 19:52:29  
Err, with what players that are left after The Grand Disillusionment?

And, what game wants to be stratified so hard that the "elites" can't play with the 'noobs'.

Hard disagree with that post.

I don't view it as stratifying the game...I view it much more as skipping those earlier steps results in incomplete players without the in-field knowledge that only time gives. And then you end up with the old heads who run all the events/shouts because only they have the real knowledge of those fights- the buff arrays, the key TP moves of the enemy, even just the route to run. And the players us old heads rushed up to be replacements for our friends who left XI now have limited knowledge of what to do beyond their own personal roles for specific encounters. Those folks don't end up being able to lead later on their own, and that doesn't foster a healthy community.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-10-20 19:54:27  

You seriously mean to ask people to play on a server where this guy runs the show?

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/134560-Bot-RMT-Cheating-Megathread?p=7657413&viewfull=1#post7657413
By Hopalong 2023-10-20 19:55:44  
Err, the post above yours.

Celebrindal, you are saying you are teaching new players but they dont learn? Thats on them right. What if noone even made the effort like the post above yours was implying was supposed to be.

(Death of ffxi)
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-10-20 19:59:39  
I mean, every MMO I've ever played has had stratified players. When you play FFXIV do people who just hit the level cap typically do the maxed out, hardest in the game raids with the people who have maxed out gear?

You learn on the easier content, build up experience, gear, and skill, and then eventually you get to the harder content.

People don't learn ***by being the single carried player in a group of 6 where they're just told "do these 2 rolls, stand here and hit this WS when we tell you to". They learn plenty when they have to develop the strategy, experiment, and try new things with their friends, to overcome the objective as a group.
By Hopalong 2023-10-20 20:01:43  
Gonna say there's a way easier path to catch up in ffxiv, apparently they reset the content/equips regularly. Not a good analogy.

There's player involvement, and SE involvement in the systems of ffxi to make them more streamlined and accessible. What you are digressing into is player involvement, which is not any sort of relevant issue to the structure of SE's inability to guide the engagement of the content of ffxi. And, by virtue of the topic, their ability to manage the sidelines.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 10 11 12