Sortie Kicks You Out For Disconnecting??

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Sortie Kicks You Out For Disconnecting??
Sortie Kicks You Out For Disconnecting??
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-09-12 21:31:17  
I've only been doing this content for a few months, and I don't know if this was already talked about elsewhere, but today, I got disconnected twice from the internet while doing a solo run in Sortie. The first time, I returned after a few minutes and it was fine. The second time, my internet went down for a brief moment, but the server decided I'd get that painfully slow disconnect. Knowing I wouldn't be coming back, I closed FFXI.

So, I quickly relogged to find I was back in Kamihr Drifts (not KO'd). It wasn't a massive issue, as I only had six minutes left and had enjoyed a decent run, but it surprised me. Have others experienced this? And has it been reported to SE as a potential issue? Thanks.
By Shichishito 2023-09-12 22:03:56  
I've D/C recently during a solo run worrying to get kicked out, I killed the game and was plesently surprised when i logged back in still inside sortie, however I didn't D/C a second time during the same run.

You mentioned it was one of those slow D/C with only six minutes left, can you rule out that the whole timeout/relogging process took less than 6 minutes?
Those slow D/C can sometimes be already in process for half minute+ befor I catch on that i'm about to fly and when I kill the instance to relog I often get a some error code that would prevent me from relogging asap.

Could also be some timer like the 3 minutes when KO'd befor it boots you that starts counting down when nobody is in the instance and it only stops counting instead of reseting the counter when the person logs back in?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-09-13 00:43:36  
It's funny, because the first time it kicked me off, I was definitely gone for longer than three minutes, because my modem killed my connection for a while, but I logged back in and I was still where I last was in Sortie.

The second time, it took me less than half the time to log back in, and I know for a fact I would have had some minutes remaining. The last thing I did was click on a bitzer to return to the ground floor. I was expecting a warp, and then I noticed the R0. I began disconnecting with 7 minutes left (I said 6 above because I waited a minute with the hope it would come back) and I logged back roughly 1-2 minutes later, after I'd force closed FFXI and immediately launched Playonline.

There's no way I could have timed out. I should have had at least 4-5 minutes left, although like I said, I didn't have anything left to do. It didn't hurt the run, but it took me by surprise when I appeared in Kamihr Drifts. I'm interested to know if anyone else has experienced this issue, because if so, it could be a bug that SE would need to know about. I assume it is only possible during solo runs because the instance needs to notice someone in the zone.

Edit: I know someone who had the same thing happen to them with over twenty minutes left on the clock, but this was several months ago.
By Pantafernando 2023-09-13 01:39:32  
Yeah, not just Sortie, but any instanced content, if no party member is active/alive, after 3 mins all rotting body is tossed out and the instance probably descarted.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-09-13 07:11:59  
All instances kicks you if none is active for 3 minutes. That 3 minutes start ticking since your char is completely logged off, not since you start r0. Sometimes even if you lose connection to internet or get some error, your character is sometimes in game for few more minutes (you might even not be able to log back, because you get info your char is logged in). In that scenario you wouldn't be booted from Sortie.
[+]
By Shichishito 2023-09-13 08:52:58  
Imho the entry KIs are too scarce for hasty kicking. A counter is fair enough to make room for people in queue but it should be generous enough to log back in time with a little buffer on top and the counter should reset everytime you log back in.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-09-13 13:12:35  
Doesn't make sense. The first time I was gone for quite a while. I lost more than three minutes of my run. The second time I logged back in ASAP because my connection was only down for a moment.