2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Stage 4 Prime Weapon's effect on Sortie
Stage 4 Prime Weapon's effect on Sortie
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 27 28 29
By Hopalong 2023-07-12 13:44:29  
I suppose can't dbox to yourself?

That's a dumb solution because they are penalizing for making a weapon that can only be fully utilized in Sortie atm.

I wasn't quite clear on the process though. It's upgrade to stage 4 and suddenly bosses have different AI and therefore harder to get as much galli (failure rate etc)?

I'm surprised they programmed more AI instead of just jacking stats. This must be the "harder difficulty battles" they alluded to awhile back.

This is gonna cause some blowback.

I guess Mischief y'all just gotta figure this out since you are on the frontlines and more power to you. I'm on Bahamut so maybe Bahamut server can help your group out somehow with food/consumables or something or prebuffs.

PS derivation of the JP situation is what happens when you prioritize statics rather than letting people play together more organically. Sortie (SE dev decisions) hit a wall here and some people gonna say chao.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-07-12 13:47:15  
What if... here me out here:

The basement NM's behavior had changed slightly with a Stage 3 but no one noticed because they were defeated quickly anyway.
[+]
By zixxer 2023-07-12 13:51:55  
This whole subject is reminding me of the pld empy +3 body. From reading the stats it looks excellent for many situations but if you do use it, be prepared to receive a mijin gakure for 30k.

Makes absolutely zero sense to me. In comparison to the amount of active players in the game, the percent of people that has a static is small. The number of active groups that grind sortie is smaller. And the number of groups that can get to stage 5 in less that a year is even smallerer.

Like wtf are they thinking?

To the JP community, I hope you bash SE for this.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-12 13:53:42  
They were thinking; we've gotten away with absolute *** with zero consequence for so long, so why not

Anyone speaking negatively shall be beset upon by thy whitest knights
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-07-12 13:55:07  
Dang well said, wtf were they thinking. They've been picking daisies in left field for awhile.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-07-12 14:02:28  
Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »
Out of curiosity, is the RDM subbing nin or something else in your setup?

/NIN or /DNC (depends if I need to box BRD /dnc requires more attention)
[+]
 Asura.Hotworks
user: arcajeth
By Asura.Hotworks 2023-07-12 14:43:48  
Stage 4 Primes giving Stockholm Syndrome. Just cancel the sub and walk away it’s easy.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-07-12 15:31:17  
Once the mechanics are figured out, probably not as bad as we think. At one point, most of the T3 Gaol bosses seemed to be too hard, but as more information came out, they got a lot more manageable (along with a large luck factor for some of them).

Sortie is divided into two phases now: pre Prime Level 4 and Post Level 4. Cheese with mage setup before level 4 is obtained, then [whatever mechanic is found with the Primes] after someone has a level 4. The problem I see with this, though, is that now you are super glued to your group if you do get a Level 4, because you will hurt the progression of any non-Level 4 Prime group. Unless it is somehow tied to whomever enters Sortie, whether they have a Lv4 Prime or not.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-07-12 16:01:59  
I would reserve judgment until we are sure there is no new proc or mechanic that can either reduce difficulty back to below baseline or increase the gallimaufry reward. It's just too early. People who are doing Sortie with a lv4 Prime should probably be trying the prime ws on all bosses as much as possible just because it's an obvious avenue for such a mechanic.

That said, I wouldn't totally rule out SE doing something this assenine. It's also going to be hard to tell people to do months of sortie without the level 4 they could pick up just to make it easier, knowing they could play with that weapon in the meantime.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-07-12 16:04:47  
Or SE could listen to the community. Engage with them. Try to see what players want to play and do in this game instead of staying as the same loser company that lied to us for 3 years straight to plop ROV-Lite with no bonuses(now with negative effects on QoL of the game) after the worst 20th anniversary a game could see.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-07-12 17:04:46  
KujahFoxfire said: »
Edit: Our DRK also subs DRG you'll be delighted to hear lmfao

I'm happy to hear your DRK is not trash subbing anything else lol. "God tier" DRK/SAM is an oxymoron.
 Asura.Sensarity
user: Meeeeeep
By Asura.Sensarity 2023-07-12 18:51:01  
The WAR and DRK are coordinating SCs on the relevant bosses. We're getting 8 bosses down with almost 5 mins left on the clock even with bad exits and killing F1 roaming NMs as we see them. Happy with 50k a run and any gain in time from another strat isnt gonna make up enough time for any significant galli gain, so happy as we are.

Also RDM is better than GEO in what context? As I say we're miles ahead on time and the only gain we can really make is aminon so I don't really see how it's better, perhaps just on par?
Could you explain your strats a bit more? What SCS are your war+drk doing? What bubbles does geo do etc? Looking to swap to melee strat and no one in my group really enjoys RDM so I'm curious about this one.
[+]
 Asura.Illuminate
By Asura.Illuminate 2023-07-12 19:15:45  
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-07-12 19:18:12  
The WAR and DRK are coordinating SCs on the relevant bosses. We're getting 8 bosses down with almost 5 mins left on the clock even with bad exits and killing F1 roaming NMs as we see them. Happy with 50k a run and any gain in time from another strat isnt gonna make up enough time for any significant galli gain, so happy as we are.

I'm not saying your strat it's good, but I don't see how not using BRD and COR helps you with DPS, unless it's F where you can make strong darkness with your primes especially with SPs (still BRD can close with 40-50k Rudra with 99k double darkness). You can still add Naakuls or more roaming NMs in the basement for example. Aminon isn't the only option
By Manque 2023-07-12 20:00:35  
Posted on official forums in JPN about stage 4's. Here are some of the reactions since last night:
  • This is some kind of sick joke?

• I'm super appreciative to those who upgraded first and shared this information. Gods amongst men. Still, I don't want to believe it... seems too strange...

• Thanks for the precious information. This is nuts.... Guess we have to start specifying for no stage 4 holders for groups now?

• So... Sortie doesn't get easier as you progress Primes...

• No,no,no. This is just too much of a nightmare. They should make this alliance content if this is the way they're going. It's shame there might be a single person holding a stage 4 which impacts other LS members... such a sad state of affiars... Surprised at the total lack of empathy for other players.

• Never thought things would get progressively worse...

• Nah... this doesn't work...Feel bad for those who enhanced the weapons without knowing about this mechanic that might bar them from other groups. What kind of mgmt policy for content completely negates hard work?

• Huge burden placed on other members when even one member decides to upgrade. May see people lying about their progress joining groups and throwing things off now too... causing entire runs to fail. Heaven --> Hell. I intend to explain to my members that we should get all the galli for stage 5 without upgrading to 4 to avoid this. Still, really disapointed with how much this content relies on movement time and movement speed beyond mechanics. I'd also like the devs to acknolwedge their naievty when designing such systems and not just change things and say it was a bug fix... take responsibility... If hte mobs got stronger, would have been good to also have a boost to HQ boxes or somethign else... but nothing is here... What have they learned?

• This is a betrayal to those who put galli towards weapons instead of armor. There are those who only wanted to upgrade armor but now they're forced to exclude people. Confused. I can't believe this is true yet.

[+]
By NotInspctrgdget 2023-07-12 20:18:42  
Can we have Tanaka back, please?
[+]
By Foxfire 2023-07-12 21:24:09  
Surely after almost leading square enix to bankruptcy with XIV1.0, Tanaka would come back to XI and lead the future into a utopic society

c'mon now.
[+]
By Serjero 2023-07-12 21:34:28  
It only took a mere 4 months for Fujito to ruin the game.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-07-12 21:34:52  
It's dumb stuff like this that made me unsub for over a year. SE can seriously screw things up and get told countless times, but they won't do anything about it. Not unless it breaks the game or outright hits them in the pocket.

Unless 100+ players or more upvote something on the official forum, or 2000+ players suddenly unsub, they will leave this "feature" as is. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted it to be this way. You can't just casually screw up something like this. It's far too intricate to be an:

"Oops! Sorry guys. While we were enjoying the glorious Summer weather with the sound of kids playing outside, we messed up the code. We'll fix this up for you".
-Fujito
[+]
By Hopalong 2023-07-12 21:43:56  
Quote:
It only took a mere 4 months for Fujito to ruin the game.

Mission accomplished.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-07-12 21:56:26  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
"Oops! Sorry guys. While we were enjoying the glorious Summer weather with the sound of kids playing outside, we messed up the code. We'll fix this up for you".
-Fujito

I've never been more aware of Japan's weather patterns than I have the last few years. It's like he's an aspiring meteorologist or something. It's kinda fascinating how he finds ways to present it every time, like it isn't the same pattern every year.

It doesn't bother me and, in a way, I find it kindof charming how the update notes always open with that. Kindof like when my proctologist gives me a twizzler before a finger in the bum.
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-07-12 22:27:17  
Asura.Iamaman said: »
-Fujito

I've never been more aware of Japan's weather patterns than I have the last few years. It's like he's an aspiring meteorologist or something. It's kinda fascinating how he finds ways to present it every time, like it isn't the same pattern every year.

It doesn't bother me and, in a way, I find it kindof charming how the update notes always open with that. Kindof like when my proctologist gives me a twizzler before a finger in the bum.

I actually think there's only 12 of those Director posts and they're copied from the previous year.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-07-12 23:07:04  
It's dumb stuff like this that made me unsub for over a year. SE can seriously screw things up and get told countless times, but they won't do anything about it. Not unless it breaks the game or outright hits them in the pocket.

Unless 100+ players or more upvote something on the official forum, or 2000+ players suddenly unsub, they will leave this "feature" as is. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted it to be this way. You can't just casually screw up something like this. It's far too intricate to be an:

-Fujito

Oh yes they can lol
Nothing in Odyssey changed this patch, but Sheol C was giving scale boxes for each Halo kill.
 Bahamut.Mischief
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Mischief
By Bahamut.Mischief 2023-07-12 23:44:17  
Went in again. Confirmed that it doesn't matter who enters or where the Stage 4 Weapon is in your inventory. We had someone still on Stage 3 enter and everyone on Stage 4 put their weapons in Storage, and the basement NMs were still enraged. If you make a Stage 4 Prime Weapon, you really are just killing the Gallimaufry rate of every group you join from thereon. This certainly won't cause any problems...

Some other observations:

Gartell - Still early, but from our tests double hands mode seems to just be % based. In two runs, it's activated twice at roughly the same %s (65 and 30-ish). In our second run, he was even using Shrieking Gale to switch elements, then just activated double hands mode straight after. It also seems to last almost exactly 3 minutes each time, so hurray for a (seemingly) forced 6 minute waste of our time!

Triboulex - Setting the Stage seems to also have a percentage component, not just SC properties. On our second run, we got it to 74% in one Skillchain (with the RUN still there, thinking it was safe) and instant Setting the Stage. Just get Gambit/Rayke on before Skillchaining it, then kite him forever.

Aita is still weird. My gut feeling is it's tied to Skillchains, but I'm either incorrect there's something else at play skewing it. In our two runs at him since Stage 4, we've seen four Vivisections - three of them were directly after closing the second Skillchain, but the last one held off until we opened the third SC to kill us. It's definitely NOT an Onycophora-type mechanic, though - one time, it did Vivisection after a Reverberation SC when the previous SC was Impaction. His wings were also off for this one. Of course, there's absolutely no indication prior to Vivisection that we're doing anything to trigger it, so I guess it's just blind trial and error.

I'll continue with my suggestion of holding off on upgrading Stage 4 for now. Hopefully SE fixes this at some point so people can actually upgrade their weapons and still play with others...
[+]
 Cerberus.Aerandir
サーバ: Cerberus
user: aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2023-07-12 23:51:03  
It's kind of easy to forget that a similar 'mechanic' (the WS Wall 2.0) was what caused people to almost universally adopt a MB approach when basement first came out for Sortie. Only once it extended to V25s in Odyssey and the fights were considered almost impossible (probably definitely impossible in some cases) were the devs forced to "fix the bug".

Hopefully there's a workaround that doesn't take too many attempts to figure out, if this is intended behavior. I can't imagine what it's like upgrading to a S4 weapon and finding out there's a hidden choice of "continue doing Sortie but now on European Extreme mode" or "drop your weapon and hope that your 7-9 boss runs make up for the lost gallimaufry"...
By Felgarr 2023-07-13 00:51:51  
Honest earnest question: Have you tried some basic or obvious tests on the NMs as a new Stage 4 owner?

1.) Did you try the Prime WS against the NM and notice any change to the Enraged behavior?
2.) Did you try the Prime WS 3 times in a row (or at least a solo SC)?
3.) Did you open or close any SCs with the Prime WS?

I have a strong suspicious that Stage 4 Enraged NMs is something that just gets switched off ONCE per NM, once we figure out what that is. I really feel like it's battle-mechanic related and not in the surrounding area of the basement, but I could be wrong.

Just some food for thought...
 Asura.Rekcuf
user: ashcrow
By Asura.Rekcuf 2023-07-13 01:33:42  
If i wwnt to make 4 weapins to stage 4 i can still stack the galla than turn in all in one proccess at the end right?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 27 28 29