users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Prime WS Information, Testing, Discussion
Prime WS Information, Testing, Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 67 68 69
By SimonSes 2023-06-19 16:38:02  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
SimonSes said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
You really gonna start sitting in Ratri waiting for Origin to save you? That's playing with fire.....

Ratri is terrible for Scarlet. Its based on HP% of max HP you lose not HP amount and Ratri has like 400-450HP on each piece.

But the Damage Taken+ means you take considerably more damage than normal, which means you lose more HP%. The main issue is timing it so you get hit by a big move and not a regular melee attack.

Its still terrible. You get like +15-20% HP per piece, while dt+ is only +6-14% and on top of that you need cure yourself to full after you equip it and that's like 2000hp to cure.
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-06-19 17:11:57  
really don't understand why people are still subbing /SAM with Master Levels...

Because using caladbolg, redemption or liberator /sam and not being stuck at -68.75% delay reduction outside last resort is better dps than apoc and /drg.. Drg sub is for when you have a DNC with you
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-06-19 17:41:34  
Shiva.Flowen said: »
really don't understand why people are still subbing /SAM with Master Levels...

Because using caladbolg, redemption or liberator /sam and not being stuck at -68.75% delay reduction outside last resort is better dps than apoc and /drg.. Drg sub is for when you have a DNC with you

While this is true, I also prefer /drg. I hate casting time/recast with Hasso and Catastrophe with /drg isnt that far from Torc or Insurgency at 1000+TP, unless you have a Warcry from WAR.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-06-19 18:51:42  
I guess it depends on content. Torc spam with R15 Calad /sam is impossible to beat if you're buffed to holy hell and you're either 1) killing targets with low HP, or 2) zerging with Soul Enslavement. However, if you're not super buffed and doing content with NMs sporting tons of HP where the hate ceiling may play a part, /drg ensures your safety and helps with recasts. The utility becomes appealing.

The cool thing is that DRKs don't need to stick with one subjob or the other. Pick whatever you feel best suits what you are doing. I've enjoyed both... and I'll even advocate for /RUN while soloing some content.

By SimonSes 2023-06-19 19:03:49  
I guess it depends on content. Torc spam with R15 Calad /sam is impossible to beat if you're buffed to holy hell and you're either 1) killing targets with low HP, or 2) zerging with Soul Enslavement. However, if you're not super buffed and doing content with NMs sporting tons of HP where the hate ceiling may play a part, /drg ensures your safety and helps with recasts. The utility becomes appealing. The cool thing is that DRKs don't need to stick with one subjob or the other. Pick whatever you feel best suits what you are doing. I've enjoyed using both. And I'll even advocate for /RUN while soloing some content.

Don't forget with /drg and Last Resort you are haste capped too and you have higher DPS, because WSD trait provides more damage than storeTP trait. If you are doing something like Sortie, when you do bosses that are ~4min+ apart from each other, you can always have Last Resort up when you need it.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-06-19 19:04:39  
I guess it depends on content. Torc spam with R15 Calad /sam is impossible to beat if you're buffed to holy hell and you're either 1) killing targets with low HP, or 2) zerging with Soul Enslavement. However, if you're not super buffed and doing content with NMs sporting tons of HP where the hate ceiling may play a part, /drg ensures your safety and helps with recasts. The utility becomes appealing.

The cool thing is that DRKs don't need to stick with one subjob or the other. Pick whatever you feel best suits what you are doing. I've enjoyed both... and I'll even advocate for /RUN while soloing some content.

Completely agree, DRG sub is circumstancially great, just helping Tomasello understand why /sam is still relevant, especially in this thread with the relevant context of putting apoc on the mannequin (what a sad thought.. lower those nation flags in your MH to half-mast!)
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-06-19 19:07:30  
I guess it depends on content. Torc spam with R15 Calad /sam is impossible to beat if you're buffed to holy hell and you're either 1) killing targets with low HP, or 2) zerging with Soul Enslavement. However, if you're not super buffed and doing content with NMs sporting tons of HP where the hate ceiling may play a part, /drg ensures your safety and helps with recasts. The utility becomes appealing. The cool thing is that DRKs don't need to stick with one subjob or the other. Pick whatever you feel best suits what you are doing. I've enjoyed using both. And I'll even advocate for /RUN while soloing some content.

Don't forget with /drg and Last Resort you are haste capped too and you have higher DPS, because WSD trait provides more damage than storeTP trait. If you are doing something like Sortie, when you do bosses that are ~4min+ apart from each other, you can always have Last Resort up when you need it.

Of course! In content with lots of waits where Last Resort is unlikely to be down while fighting, /drg is preferred. I like both, but like I said... it depends what you are doing.
By SimonSes 2023-06-19 19:14:31  
especially in this thread with the relevant context of putting apoc on the mannequin

I definitely wouldn't. Apoc still great for self double darkness, especially if you tank too. Its like Jing and Jang with Prime scythe now :)
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-06-19 19:57:34  
especially in this thread with the relevant context of putting apoc on the mannequin

I definitely wouldn't. Apoc still great for self double darkness, especially if you tank too. Its like Jing and Jang with Prime scythe now :)

Personally, I think you should skip Foenaria because you love apoc... and pick up Mpu gandring to give us some real testing!
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-06-20 00:04:51  
Fenrir.Positron said: »
So I don't know where better to put this, but since Ivaar appears to not exist since 2021, I forked the Skillchains addon and added support for the Prime WS. No warranty blah blah blah, just did this as a community service.

https://github.com/posimagi/Skillchains

I'm not seeing prime ws's appearing in the add on UI - is there something I need to do besides adding your skills file to the skillchains folder?
By SimonSes 2023-06-20 01:44:00  

Personally, I think you should skip Foenaria because you love apoc... and pick up Mpu gandring to give us some real testing!

I love Apoc and that's why I want Foenaria. Its like her twin light sister and I need to use them both :D
[+]
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2023-06-20 02:47:41  
We decided to give melee strat a try tonight so we could try out Foenaria and Aria, it went horrible. We kinda just f_cked a lot of sh_t up across the board mechanically and need to get used to it. We are normally a 7/8 mage group that has done 8/8 bosses a few times, but are trying to see if this is more fun/easier. It might be, it's not complicated, but we didn't do well tonight.

We basically failed the basement bosses, the only one I was supposed to use it on was G, which we didn't make it to at all, but I did manage to slam 2 into the very end of E/Dhartok when everyone else stopped WSing. I should have used it on D/H as well, but wasn't thinking and just used Calad for them. Due to not wanting to skillchain and f_ck things up, I only really used Origin on C, which is not a relevant test at all.

Skomora (C): (No Aria and 4 songs)
(1881 TP)(177TP return)

(1677 TP)(188TP return, DA/TA proc?)

into a light SC

Dhartok: (Didn't have Aria up, 5 songs, no chaos(busted))
(2389 TP)(308 return)

(3000 TP)(288 return)

Pretty useless info mostly, at least nothing that wasn't already gotten from the first Foenaria person. We also *** up songs and didn't have Aria up for the 2 fights I actually had any Foenaria use on... and I'm pretty sure C just takes massive SC dmg, so the 99k light doesn't mean anything either since Gastra RNG does that 100% of the time.

I was using a baseline Nyame set with no special main stat focus for this run, but since we didn't use Aria, it's gonna be thrown off. Next run I wanted to put on more PDL, and that combined with Aria is probably gonna be pushing 99k on weaker bosses like C, and I wouldn't be surprised if it did close to that on G as well.

Additional semi-useless info, my DRK/SAM* was doing 90k Savage blades (consistently above 80k) on A boss with Aria up. Even the BRD was doing over 60k in no PDL gear. I wasn't using my PDL set either and was in my base savage set, so next time I will put more on and should consistently hit 99k with it. Stuff like this is why the weaponskill wall exists for basement floors, and it's exclusively because of f_cking Savage/Naegling...

*Considering subbing /DRG since I always had Last Resort up and Haste II.

Savages with Aria on A boss:
(2040 TP)(164 Return) (450 TP bonus, moonshade/blured shield+1)

(1797 TP)(183 Return)

(1680 TP)(164 Return, DA/TA proc?)

(1479 TP)(164 Return)

At the very least, we were very impressed by Aria.

We might try to refine it tomorrow and I can get more (actual) testing on C/D/G/F at least. Will have to see how everyone feels, we may or may not just go back to mage setup. Hopefully we do everything better next time and can actually do some real tests. It was a bit hectic as our first melee run and we were mixing things up. If we don't get too distracted, I will be making different stat-focused PDL sets, I just have to remember to switch to them to get any kind of testing, while also not f_cking up mechanics...
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-06-20 03:41:23  
Savage numbers looks funny :D This pretty much means DRG/DNC would do 99k with easy and can probably even use Kraken Club offhand with madrigal/honor/distract3
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2023-06-20 04:26:27  
Savage numbers looks funny :D This pretty much means DRG/DNC would do 99k with easy and can probably even use Kraken Club offhand with madrigal/honor/distract3

Probably. Worth noting that this was just on A and not E, but yeah, I'm fairly confident I can get a consistent 99k with my actual PDL gear on next time. I imagine you will do 20k or less dmg on E, so you might only do 90k+ on him, maybe still 99k with other jobs or diff gear? I really don't know how the PDL gear scales here, mechanically, but the horn feels insane and like it might be giving extra stuff besides regular PDL.
 Fenrir.Velner
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2023-06-20 05:41:55  
Got Fimbulvetr up to 97k on Aita with no GEO. Not sure if that's any good, but it felt ok. Also had a couple 95ks in there on the same encounter.

[+]
By SimonSes 2023-06-20 06:55:31  
Carbuncle.Samuraiking said: »

Probably. Worth noting that this was just on A and not E, but yeah, I'm fairly confident I can get a consistent 99k with my actual PDL gear on next time. I imagine you will do 20k or less dmg on E, so you might only do 90k+ on him, maybe still 99k with other jobs or diff gear? I really don't know how the PDL gear scales here, mechanically, but the horn feels insane and like it might be giving extra stuff besides regular PDL.

Regular Aria at stage 3 seems to be 15% PDL. DRK basic PDL gear is JSE+1/2 earring and neck (both are bis even without PDL). With those two you are already at 5.06 pdif cap with sword. Idk the def on the basement bosses, but I would guess between 2000 and 2500. I checked attack on DRK now with Naegling Savage set with regular honor/minuet5&4/11Chaos and LR (I forgot Endark, but Chaos is 11, so I guess it's still fair). Its 4560 and with invisible attack bonus from NAegling probably around 5000. Im not sure about def on basement bosses, but I would guess 2000-2500. To cap attack with 35%PDL you would need to push that def to like ~900, so like 55~65% def down. 25% from WS/Angon, 23% from Dia3+Lightshot. Doesn't look like enough. You would need GEO or DNC to make more PDL useable, so not sure if more PDL will improve your damage, unless during Soul Voice (but then Aria alone is 30%PDL).
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-06-20 07:07:33  

Of course! In content with lots of waits where Last Resort is unlikely to be down while fighting, /drg is preferred. I like both, but like I said... it depends what you are doing.
Yea people say this but I've not once seen a drk/drg out do a /Sam. Not sure what content people doing to see this but I'm gonna assume that drk isn't that great as the wsd from sub drg isnt gonna blow same out of the water with just normal buffs for both. I'll leave it at that as this is for testing numbers only.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2023-06-20 08:08:30  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
With 78.75% delay reduction (Hasso up, no LR):

I really don't understand why people are still subbing /SAM with Master Levels... I won't. Imo /DRG is too good with WSD II boost which applies too multi-hits, also the jump abilities are better TP gain than Meditate if you properly gear them and I can reset my hate. And I despise the way Hasso *** with my cast/recast timers. Not trying to be "controversial" but I don't sub /SAM regardless of people's opinion on it. So I guess that wouldn't help me...

Because it's better in most all the situations you will find yourself in. 20 permanent Store TP and another 100 JA Haste, for when LR is down, handedly beats out /DRG in anything but the shortest of fights, and even then it's a near thing. Do not underestimate what +20 Store TP on a single hit WS means for WS frequency / strength.

I actually have a few lines in my lua that cancels out Hasso whenever I hit LR.

Fenrir.Velner said: »
Got Fimbulvetr up to 97k on Aita with no GEO. Not sure if that's any good, but it felt ok. Also had a couple 95ks in there on the same encounter.

I'm looking to do the Great Sword myself, what TP were these done at? Trying to gauge if it's worth it or not.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-06-20 11:47:53  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Because it's better in most all situations you will find yourself in. 20 permanent Store TP and another 100 JA Haste for when LR is handedly beat out /DRG in anything but the shortest of fights, and even then it's a near thing. Do not underestimate what +20 Store TP on a single hit WS means for WS frequency / strength.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. As far as I'm concerned, it's a dps nerf in every situation I've used it in and every parse I've looked at after linkshell events. It's not even close, hard pass.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2023-06-20 12:20:29  
Because it's better in most all situations you will find yourself in. 20 permanent Store TP and another 100 JA Haste for when LR is handedly beat out /DRG in anything but the shortest of fights, and even then it's a near thing. Do not underestimate what +20 Store TP on a single hit WS means for WS frequency / strength.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. As far as I'm concerned, it's a dps nerf in every situation I've used it in and every parse I've looked at after linkshell events. It's not even close, hard pass.
Then you either a bad drk and think your good or never seen good numbers. If you have beat your damage with /drg in ever single piece of content. Which means most should hard pass on any testing done by you. I'd like to think your lying to save face and just say you like /drg more than sub /sam but ya. Also edit no this isn't some personal attack on you just drks in general
[+]
 Fenrir.Ahlen
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-06-20 12:31:16  
Just because WS number is bigger doesn't mean you are doing more damage. Tho if u need / want to use the hate drop sub DRG is great for that.
[+]
 Fenrir.Positron
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2023-06-20 12:44:16  
Fenrir.Positron said: »
So I don't know where better to put this, but since Ivaar appears to not exist since 2021, I forked the Skillchains addon and added support for the Prime WS. No warranty blah blah blah, just did this as a community service.

https://github.com/posimagi/Skillchains

I'm not seeing prime ws's appearing in the add on UI - is there something I need to do besides adding your skills file to the skillchains folder?

I've heard at least one other person mention that it didn't work until they updated the other file as well. There was probably a breaking change at some point, especially if you downloaded the addon more than 3 years ago.
 Fenrir.Positron
user: Positron
By Fenrir.Positron 2023-06-20 12:46:02  

I'm looking to do the Great Sword myself, what TP were these done at? Trying to gauge if it's worth it or not.

I'm guessing those were at or near 3k; we have full-time Savagery on the bosses so the baseline is already 1950. We don't have Aria, though.

At lower TP values Fimbulvetr does seem much worse; my rough fTP estimates from the numbers I've collected so far are 4/10/13 (basically the same as Savage Blade) if we assume its WSC is 40% STR / 40% VIT, or 3.5/8/10 if we assume it's 50% STR / 50% VIT.
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2023-06-20 14:37:35  

This was 3k and the 95ks were at or near 3k. I was also /DRG because I saw the conversation here and wondered what the fuss was about (I always /SAM). As /SAM it tops out around 88k on Aita with 2x Minuet, 2x March, 1x Madrigal, Dia III, Light Shot and Box Step.

As Posi pointed out, it seems to scale quite hard with TP. Not sure /DRG is worth it for the increased numbers, but maybe in Sortie it makes sense because LR is up on every boss and we use Soul Enslavement on two of them but I don't really know.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-06-20 14:50:31  
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Then you either a bad drk and think your good or never seen good numbers.

I'd like to think your lying to save face

Also edit no this isn't some personal attack on you just drks in general

Obviously, your definition of personal attack varies greatly from mine lol.

I really don't care what you think about me. Idk, why everyone here gets so butt hurt if you don't drink the koolaide.

I know DRK/SAM is trash. If you like it, play it. Why would I care or get angry about it like you people do?

It's a videogame? Grow up...
By SimonSes 2023-06-20 15:16:24  

This was 3k and the 95ks were at or near 3k. I was also /DRG because I saw the conversation here and wondered what the fuss was about (I always /SAM). As /SAM it tops out around 88k on Aita with 2x Minuet, 2x March, 1x Madrigal, Dia III, Light Shot and Box Step.

As Posi pointed out, it seems to scale quite hard with TP. Not sure /DRG is worth it for the increased numbers, but maybe in Sortie it makes sense because LR is up on every boss and we use Soul Enslavement on two of them but I don't really know.

Why 2xmarch when you have haste II and haste samba from /dnc? :) With soul voice honor even haste I is enough to cap.
 Fenrir.Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2023-06-20 15:19:11  

Why 2xmarch when you have haste II and haste samba from /dnc? :) With soul voice honor even haste I is enough to cap.

Aita applies Slow which overwrites Haste II and in a sub 60s fight where the RDM is dishing out a huge amount of damage and procing after Aita's TP moves, it wouldn't be worth it to stop to reapply Haste II. After Aita/Degai we drop Victory March and use Haste II.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2023-06-20 16:29:37  
I know DRK/SAM is trash

This is fundamentally wrong. People are looking at you weird because of how you are calling everyone else trash.

Now if the style you play focus's exclusively on short bursts, then that is fine, otherwise DRK/SAM is the better DPS over time cause math.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-06-20 17:11:41  
Now if the style you play focus's exclusively on short bursts, then that is fine, otherwise DRK/SAM is the better DPS over time cause math.

No, that is fundamentally wrong. Sorry.

Run some parses...
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-20 17:13:51  
I know DRK/SAM is trash

This is fundamentally wrong. People are looking at you weird because of how you are calling everyone else trash.

I dunno.....all those Naegling DRKs can't be wrong.....right? ;)
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 67 68 69