フォーラム » FFXI » General » Prime WS Information, Testing, Discussion
Prime WS Information, Testing, Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 67 68 69
 Asura.Melliny
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-07-03 14:14:42  
He raised hover shot on the abdella during the video. If you watch you can see him shooting enough times to cap it. The whole reason he used Sarv at 60% was because he took off 40% of its HP bar with regular shots while building hover shot to its cap.

This completely dumpsters the bows utility on extended ranged fights like Arrebati. It's entirely too powerful to use if the enmity cap is going to be an issue. Although I suppose the darkness skillchain attributes are a deterrent to using it in that fight anyway. It'll be imposssible to use it for more than a minute or two with hover shot up before a tank loses hate and you get your face ripped off. Like Eiryl said earlier; dead rangers do zero dps. It is however a freakin amazing toy to use in generic content. I'd love to take my ranger out with it to random stuff just to fool around with an old school setup. I still have fond memories playing around with E-Bow back in the day.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-07-03 14:19:12  
Asura.Melliny said: »
He raised hover shot on the abdella during the video. If you watch you can see him shooting enough times to cap it. The whole reason he used Sarv at 60% was because he took off 40% of its HP bar with regular shots while building hover shot to its cap.

OK makes sense, I was wondering because of that UI on screen which shows Hover shot: 25. I figured that was some lua or something keeping track of his stacks.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-03 15:13:12  
I would report Sarv and the guns ws's as bugged for their enmity.

They are unusable(undesirable)((unsafe)) pick your buzzword instead of umachully without namas/coronoch mechanics.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2023-07-03 15:26:41  
Pinaka is basically three times stronger than Gandiva. It’s damage output is so high it’s completely unusable on Arebati with no enmity suppression. You won’t get more than a minute or two uptime before you rip hate and die. And it makes darkness to boot, which is also undesirable in that fight. Pity really. The only reason to build it would be to mess around with a broken weaponskill I guess. But ranger can already run a naegling k club tp bonus bow with hauksbok arrow build so even that seems kinda redundant. That makes it a lot more of a whiff in my book.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-07-03 15:47:29  
We're really at a point in the game where we're saying weapons are useless because they do too much damage now.

Time to throw away your Gandiva, Armageddon, and Fomalhaut now guys! Just keep the pouches, because you'll need them for the only true RNG weapons: Annihilator & Yoichinoyumi.

Clearly the game is missing endgame content to flex these weapons in, but I find it funny that the original critique of these weapons was: "The stats aren't that great, unless the WS is really good, I can't see myself getting one"
and now it's: "This thing does so much damage, I can't see any reason to get one"
 Shiva.Humpo
サーバ: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2023-07-03 15:55:51  
SimonSes said: »
Ok sacrificed a run and tested Origin

Test Methodology: Fotia for fTP, Absorb-INT for WSC
1000 fTP: ~3.0
3000 fTP: ~9.225
WSC: 60%STR 60%INT

No time to test 2000TP. I might sacrifice another 5min in the next run to get that last detail.

Apologies if I missed it, but has the aftermath PDL been determined yet?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-03 15:56:59  
The literal reason rangers already cannot use bows is enmity. This is not new. Jishnu's/Gandiva have been unusable since it was added, not because it was bad, because you died after use. Even during the "ranger only" meta it was unusable. It was largely anni onry meta.

The gun is a little less of a problem because trueflight wildfire and leaden have enmity suppressed.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2023-07-03 16:18:56  
Quote:
We're really at a point in the game where we're saying weapons are useless because they do too much damage now.

You have to take it in context. When you're farming trash mobs enmity doesn't matter because the mobs die in a few weaponskills. For these fights ranger is better off just going nageling, Kclub, TP bow and hauksbok and spamming savage. That puts rng on roughly the same tier as the other top dds. It's kinda dumb how much damage that does tbh. And since hover shot resets whenever you swap to a new target you can only make real use of it on boss type mobs (you can still get a small benefit on junk mobs where you want to spam hot shot or w/e, but it's a very tiny boost in comparison).

The primary reason for us to use archery or marksmanship weaponskills outside trueflight or hotshot is mobs with a large enough hp pool to build hover stacks and dangerous enough tp moves for us to not want to be in melee range. Arebati is the prime example of the ranged strat in the current meta, but this also applies to several ambuscade fights and can carry over into omen bosses among a few other situations. Gandiva has always been our most destructive weapon in these fights ever since Divine Might II was in vogue, but the amount of hate you build is dangerous to lethal. Jishnu's Radiance with empyrean aftermath has always done more damage than last stand, and last stand has always done more damage than coronach (marginally), but because coronach has fixed enmity it is and has been the go to all this time. So yes, in the context of the fights you would want to use Pinaka on the amount of dps it puts out DOES matter. Gandiva was already borderline use case. This weapon puts out three times the damage with no enmity suppression. It's a literal death sentence to use it on the fights where you would actually want to break it out.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-07-03 16:19:58  
if its high enough dmg u can decoy shot
By SimonSes 2023-07-03 16:20:44  
You can use TP reset strategy on Arebati, where PLD tanks both adds and DDs TP on one of them. Then you can use Kraken club to TP on Raz and throw Sarv bombs on Arebati with no need to be worried about enmity.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-07-03 16:26:51  
During v25 arebati I just kept anni on the entire fight. Every time I swapped I seemed to have hate issues. Decoy shot hurts damage a ton but lets you stand still and turret.
By SimonSes 2023-07-03 16:31:08  
You guys say Anni doesn't pull hate, meanwhile..
Code
[Weeew] 103258 Barrage Arebati

[+]
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2023-07-03 16:33:07  
Quote:
if its high enough dmg u can decoy shot

Decoy shot only works on regular ranged attacks. It does nothing for weaponskills. Since Pinaka's primary dps source is firing off savage blades at the opponent decoy shot will do very little to mitigate your hate buildup. The issue is that once you hit the enmity cap there's nothing you can do to keep the mob from looking your way. Decoy shot really won't prevent that if you're gearing Sarv for full WSD like you should be.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-07-03 16:36:01  
It works for WS but there is a cap how much it can transfer per hit. Could be wrong maybe ill do some testing
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-03 16:38:17  
Iunno who told you that but they lied.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2023-07-03 16:44:28  
Quote:
Iunno who told you that but they lied.

Trust me on this. Decoy shot doesn't work on weaponskills. I played ranger back in the DM II ranger era, and I've been really big on it over the past few years again and I can assure you it only affects regular ranged attacks. Or you could ask either Celebrindal or Demhar, two of the most die hard rangers on these forms here. I guarantee you they'll say the same thing.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-07-03 16:45:50  
They did some adjustments to decoy but yeah seems like it isn't working with ws
 Odin.Demhar
サーバ: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2023-07-03 16:46:22  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Asura.Melliny said: »

OK makes sense, I was wondering because of that UI on screen which shows Hover shot: 25. I figured that was some lua or something keeping track of his stacks.

No UI. I edit in After Effects. The text box you see with info on it is just a note that I added post recording.
 Asura.Hotworks
user: arcajeth
By Asura.Hotworks 2023-07-03 16:52:27  
For anyone that didn’t make gun or bow, you dodged a bullet or in this guys above me case arrow.
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-07-03 17:13:27  
Looks like Stealth Shot 5/5 and keep yelling at your COR for RD. Make sure you are wearing your Empy head for Double Shot.

If you take the Odyssey Blinders off you realize that the Bow and Gun are going to be amazing and RNG/DRG is the future of the job if you're shooting. THF/DRG or SCH 2 hour can be planned for dangerous fights. And lolCover PLD with Decoy Shot would work for mobs that aren't excessively dangerous in melee range and you want to be able to create distance for true shot after pulling hate.

But yeah throw Primes on the ground because it doesn't work for Arebati.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-07-03 17:19:30  
gun should be great for cor on arebati still and the new ammo might be nuts we have 0 confirmation how it works yet.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-07-03 17:38:21  
Has anyone actually tested decoy shot since hover shot was added? They changed the ability at the same time
By SimonSes 2023-07-03 17:58:19  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »

Once again, TP on Raaz, WS Arebati. Its pretty common strategy and Pinaka would work great there, not sure why people act like shooting Arebati is the only option.
[+]
By Serjero 2023-07-03 18:21:36  
Yes let's just not use one of the best abilities RNG has gotten and lower overall damage output while feeding TP to one of the most dangerous adds in the Gaol fights to use a shiny new weapon that will perform worse than just using either Empyrean options or Anni.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-07-03 18:25:29  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »

Once again, TP on Raaz, WS Arebati. Its pretty common strategy and Pinaka would work great there, not sure why people act like shooting Arebati is the only option.

They act like shooting is the only way because its a whole lot easier to blame a loss on "The Ranger/Corsair pulled hate and *** us!" or "if only the RNG and COR did better damage like this video I saw!" than on we're now going to use a strat that requires an insanely good Blue Mage and massive finesse from the other 5 all at once in perfect balance without a single mistake".

You know it, I know it- anyone who's done that method of damage to Arebati knows its highly effective but there is zero place to hide and everyone has to understand every aspect of the fight.

I know for a fact Dehmar and i didn't make the bow only assuming that it would have the same -enmity properties as Coronach and Namas Arrow....we hoped, sure...but we also knew it very likely wouldn't and still went that way. There's going to be tons of use for these weapons in ways we haven't before. But they're not going to be some massive cheatcode to easy mindless wins.

EDIT: Oh and @Simon- that's because Weeew's a damn monster with a gun^^
[+]
By Nehot 2023-07-03 18:53:42  
You guys say Anni doesn't pull hate, meanwhile..
Code
[Weeew] 103258 Barrage Arebati

I ripped hate at 30% and wiped the run lol
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-07-03 19:16:57  
Katana sucks and I want my Galli back

-ML18 NIN/DNC (to prevent trait interference from subjob)
-Capped attack (Fury, Frailty, Chaos, Dia III, Box Step 5, Red Curry Bun)
-Abject Acuex used for every test, stat down and drown removed before every WS

3000TP w/ TP Bonus -> WSD swaps and Kunimitsu offhand:

1000~2000TP w/ TP Bonus Offhand:

Probably have enough test set data to get a general idea of fTP but not enough to get a 100% number.

I'll run these after I'm done with my nightly duties if no one else does it first.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2023-07-03 19:30:13  
I think acuex take slightly reduced slashing dmg? considering the gear / sub / mlvls the ws doesn't seem that bad. Missing 30 dex from back 32 from mlvls and 32 agi from mlvls no jse ear on no sub drg or drk for ws dmg trait or pdl trait. Seems to hit like ten but skillchains with itself
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2023-07-03 19:40:05  
Acuex take 12.5% reduced slashing damage.

Even still, considerably weaker than the 2h weapon skills, seems to be a common trait with the 1hs.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-07-03 19:50:58  
Asura.Bynebill said: »
Acuex take 12.5% reduced slashing damage.

Even still, considerably weaker than the 2h weapon skills, seems to be a common trait with the 1hs.

Basically in this case, you're choosing between a slightly stronger Kikoku/worse Naegling and any of the 2h weapons/horn. Self SC is cool and all but NIN didn't have trouble making Radiance before, and spamming the same WS in a row doesn't work so well on the hard stuff. For weaker things like Sheol I'd rather just oneshot with Savage Blade or Hybrids.

I'll basically be resetting my progress today and start working on a great katana.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 67 68 69