Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-06-28 07:04:09  
Shiva.Flowen said: »
Probono said: »
SimonSes said: »
Isnt heckteyes -25% blunt damage? 28k at 1kTP with Trusts buffs would be pretty high. I dont understand why you dont have more numbers tho? You did one WS and left the zone? :)

you gotta chill out, he posted what he posted.

I mean, it is a pretty good question... Who on gods green earth could resist at least a 3k TP ws after grinding 1m gali!

Right? Where is the BOOOOOOOST Macro?
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2023-06-28 07:42:04  
Dumb question but I don't see any text about main hand. Can you offhand the prime weapon and get access to the weapon skill?
By SimonSes 2023-06-28 07:51:11  
Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Dumb question but I don't see any text about main hand. Can you offhand the prime weapon and get access to the weapon skill?

No. Some stats works, but not WS. Also there is no main hand text on any REMA and they still wont unlock WSs from offhand and most stats also wont work from offhand, so it was never the indicator of something being available from offhand. It only works other way around, having main hand text is an indicator that stats for sure wont work in offhand.
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
サーバ: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2023-06-28 10:34:55  
Probono said: »
Isnt heckteyes -25% blunt damage? 28k at 1kTP with Trusts buffs would be pretty high. I dont understand why you dont have more numbers tho? You did one WS and left the zone? :)

you gotta chill out, he posted what he posted.

You need to chill out, I asked a simple question.

why would anyone bother testing the WS's at all until they get to at LEAST stage 4 when they can use it on Qutrubs, the only target that matters...
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
サーバ: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2023-06-28 11:18:50  
Fenrir.Jinxs said: »

No. Some stats works, but not WS. Also there is no main hand text on any REMA and they still wont unlock WSs from offhand and most stats also wont work from offhand, so it was never the indicator of something being available from offhand. It only works other way around, having main hand text is an indicator that stats for sure wont work in offhand.

STP+ on Pinaka also works on main hand
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-06-28 14:00:51  
Carbuncle.Samuraiking said: »
there was a run or two where I actually used Calad on some of the bosses instead

I'd like to see this empy data set if you have it.

I'm still waiting until I see Origin in the wild (outside sortie).

I'm not blown away by having to climb to 3k TP with a slow scythe.

It better hit 99999 at that point considering most jobs can WS twice as fast.

I appreciate you adding the TP you went at in your dataset.

Helps for context.
By alamihgo 2023-06-28 14:27:34  
9/10 times I'm going COR to Sortie, so I burned my KI on an off day to see the new WS in action. The numbers aren't going to be impressive with trust buffs. H2H Distortion is the only interesting angle; can confirm, with prime, MNK can finally do dark and light SC.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-06-28 16:42:41  
alamihgo said: »
9/10 times I'm going COR to Sortie, so I burned my KI on an off day to see the new WS in action. The numbers aren't going to be impressive with trust buffs. H2H Distortion is the only interesting angle; can confirm, with prime, MNK can finally do dark and light SC.

MNK/DNC
King of Hearts
Sylvie
Qultada
Zeid
Monberaux

boxstep+DiaIII(LS)+Frailty+ShellCrusher = -73.5% def down
Fury+Chaos = ~+60% attack
That combo should easily cap you on Leeches, so only thing you would really miss from full buffs would be +15STR from boost-STR (Mon provides +10).
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-06-28 20:29:45  
Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
considering most jobs can WS twice as fast.

[+]
 Shiva.Mewtwo
user: aisukage
By Shiva.Mewtwo 2023-06-29 16:57:54  
So my friend got to play with his GK for the first time and this was my 2nd run with the Scythe. I was slower with the WS's purely cause of multi-boxing having to swap characters and sort stuff out. Was low on time so we rushed in. Was very impressed with my friends damage though. I did Soul enslavement and he only got 1 TP move off which we luckily procced with a fusion SC. Died before he did anything else. No Aria yet, our BRD will have it after our next run.

I did realise I wasn't in my PDL WS set after the fight so damage might have been better if I had remembered to swap to it. I was missing 18% PDL from my PDL set.
[+]
By Nariont 2023-06-29 17:19:25  
considering most jobs can WS twice as fast.

Well you see, you must hold TP to 3k to get those amazing WS numbers, and since scythe is super slow with its not even a second difference in delay at capped haste compared to other weapons and on the higher end of TP/hit due to its massive 513 delay, its a huge trade off for capped damage
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-06-29 17:29:45  
Shiva.Mewtwo said: »

Thanks for the evidence. The SAM is vomiting TP, the DRK is not.

The amount of ignorance on this forum is mind boggling.

The trade off is unlimited HP return, just shut up and be happy about it.
 Shiva.Mewtwo
user: aisukage
By Shiva.Mewtwo 2023-06-29 17:49:31  

Thanks for the evidence. The SAM is vomiting TP, the DRK is not.

The amount of ignorance on this forum is mind boggling.

The trade off is unlimited HP return, just shut up and be happy about it.
You must of missed the part where I said I wasn't WSing as fast as I could due to multiboxing issues. Ontop of the fact I showed that my friend used Yaegasumi which is a massive WSD boost and gave him 500TP for every move he avoids increasing his TP gain. So it's a unfair comparison for 1.

Everytime I WSed I had 3kTP and was probably sat on 3ktp for 1-2 seconds. On top of that SAM has always been able to get TP faster than any other job even when using Caladbolg. I don't see the point you're trying to make here?

You're arguement was never about DRK vs SAM. but Calad vs Foenaria. Out of the 100+ runs I've done on DRK and other than just R25 Nyame my Torc is pretty much BIS and I have never once seen a 99k at 3kTP. I've probably seen about 90k twice. Usually floating around 75-85k @3k TP Using Absorb-VIT/Scarlet D/LR/Endark II and being fully buffed SV/Bolster etc.

While with Foenaria I have seen multiple 99k's and usually hit around 85-99k @3k TP when I'm using my PDL set. Something else I mentioned I forgot to use that fight meaning I lost 18% PDL.

If I had to personally compare the 2 I wouldn't say they are far from each other in pure DPS. Hard to tell which one really pulls ahead due to Calad's White damage AM and slightly faster hits.

I got scythe because I enjoy DRK and Apoc was always one of my favourite weapons. Not because it hits like a truck. I would of got scythe weather it hit like a wet noodle too.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-06-29 18:33:44  

You must of missed the part where I said I wasn't WSing as fast as I could due to multiboxing issues. Ontop of the fact I showed that my friend used Yaegasumi which is a massive WSD boost and gave him 500TP for every move he avoids increasing his TP gain. So it's a unfair comparison for 1.

Everytime I WSed I had 3kTP and was probably sat on 3ktp for 1-2 seconds. On top of that SAM has always been able to get TP faster than any other job even when using Caladbolg. I don't see the point you're trying to make here?

You're arguement was never about DRK vs SAM. but Calad vs Foenaria. Out of the 100+ runs I've done on DRK and other than just R25 Nyame my Torc is pretty much BIS and I have never once seen a 99k at 3kTP. I've probably seen about 90k twice. Usually floating around 75-85k @3k TP Using Absorb-VIT/Scarlet D/LR/Endark II and being fully buffed SV/Bolster etc.

While with Foenaria I have seen multiple 99k's and usually hit around 85-99k @3k TP when I'm using my PDL set. Something else I mentioned I forgot to use that fight meaning I lost 18% PDL.

If I had to personally compare the 2 I wouldn't say they are far from each other in pure DPS. Hard to tell which one really pulls ahead due to Calad's White damage AM and slightly faster hits.

I got scythe because I enjoy DRK and Apoc was always one of my favourite weapons. Not because it hits like a truck. I would of got scythe weather it hit like a wet noodle too.

I agree with 80% of what you said. I'm not interested in debating what I don't because almost no one here (I'm genuinely not talking about you) wants to actually discuss any pros and cons.

It's just "omg Forenia stroke, stroke, stroke...." from the mindless sheep.

It's a good weapon. It'll be the best scythe if sortie isn't inflating the numbers. It has draw backs, long delay, no real multi-attack, etc. Self skillchaining with it will suck without fulltime buffs. It's not game breaking and I'm HAPPY it's not.

Carry on thread.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-06-29 21:56:54  
You must of missed the part where

Just ignore him, he seems to have missed the part about a lot of things, including but not limited to lying about easy 99k torcleavers and having any understanding of weapon delay, attack speed and TP gain rate.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-06-29 22:08:41  
Here's a safe place for you to cry in:

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/57339/drksam-is-trash-a-safe-place-for-unpopular-opinion
 Bismarck.Jabrolout
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Jabrolout 2023-06-29 23:05:54  
Not the best testing, but here are some numbers with Gae Buide in sortie. Focused a bit more on keeping TP closer to 3k on Leshonn. Aita fell off the rails a little quick on this run.

Degei SV marchx2, minuet x2, Aria
Non SV on the rest HM,minuet, madrigal, aria
Dia III, angon, box step on all enemies

[Jabrolout] ¨ Degei: Diarmuid 76099
---------------- TP 346 ----------------
[Jabrolout] ¨ Degei: Diarmuid 57619
---------------- TP 274 ----------------
[Jabrolout] ¨ Degei: Diarmuid 65749
---------------- TP 310 ----------------
[Jabrolout] ¨ Degei: Diarmuid 70173
---------------- TP 377 ----------------

[Jabrolout] ¨ Leshonn: Diarmuid 90305
---------------- TP 308 ----------------
[Jabrolout] ¨ Leshonn: Diarmuid 93838
---------------- TP 292 ----------------
[Jabrolout] ¨ Leshonn: Diarmuid 73120
---------------- TP 276 ----------------
[Jabrolout] ¨ Leshonn: Diarmuid 56797
---------------- TP 340 ----------------

[Jabrolout] ¨ Aita: Diarmuid 54276
---------------- TP 292 ----------------
[Jabrolout] ¨ Aita: Diarmuid 46156
---------------- TP 353 ----------------
[Jabrolout] ¨ Aita: Diarmuid 42609
---------------- TP 464 ----------------
Set used:
ItemSet 391844
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-06-30 03:24:14  
It has draw backs, long delay, no real multi-attack, etc. Self skillchaining with it will suck without fulltime buffs.

Base TP per sec is just 2.3% slower on Foenaria, than it is on Caladbolg. Considering 6%TA on Foenaria, it will TP faster than Caladbolg.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-06-30 04:30:58  
Bismarck.Jabrolout said: »

I think it's kinda specific situation for DRG, because Shining One Impulse Drive is already spiking to 99k at 3000TP and with Aria it will be even more common, so for the raw damage you can't really push it much further, unless you would let Prime do 99k at 1000TP, which would obviously be too much, so they needed to keep Prime in around the same damage range I guess and only distinction is skillchain properties.
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2023-06-30 14:02:14  
Pinaka:

Sarv>Sarv>Sarv = Darkness

Recorded the entire Sortie run, but unfortunately the file ended up corrupted with missing frames. I was able to save some screenshots from it. There was a lot more data that got lost, including Sarv dmg against Acuex mobs at 3k 2k 1k, Savage Blade with & without AM3 respectively. I am going to post only the data I can back up with screenshots and memory.

On Ghatjot:
RNG ML31/NIN - With max buffs: SV/Bolster/Crooked Chaos/Dia2/Boost STR

Rattk. Cap:

Velocity Shot: YES
Hover Shot: 4
True Shot: YES
TP:3000

Note: Would have most likely hit 99k without Hover Shot

Velocity Shot: YES
Hover Shot: 25
True Shot: YES
TP:1200~

I did use other WS’s at HS25+TS to see if they beat Sarv with AM3 boost and from memory the numbers roughly:
Jishnu's Radiance = ~40k
Refulgent Arrow = ~70k
Empyreal Arrow= ~80k
Sarv True Shot Set:

Note: No TP Bonus pieces for testing reasons & Nyame R25

We moved on to Demisang monsters which in this case I was using Ternion Dagger +1R15+KC and spamming Sarv from melee distance. After spamming so many of them at 1k 2k 3k with regular buffs the numbers seemed consistent. Although Demisang mobs do get bunch of buffs on them.
Velocity Shot: NO
Hover Shot: 0
True Shot: NO

1k TP was in 30ks

2k TP was in 50ks

3k TP (no screenshot on this one but highest I got was ~70k)
Note: AM3 PDL+ was applied to Savage Blades. At 3k TP it went from 65-70k to 75-80k+ on Demisang monsters with regular songs+chaos+furry/frailty. I wish the recordings were working to go over it with more accurate data.

In conclusion: From this short 1hr experience, Sarv is very strong. The weapon is still at stage 3 which means it has much room to get better. The ability to hit cap dmg by just utilizing True Shot and not needing Hover Shot opens back up the “classic” spam ranger stance. With Hover Shot and True Shot combined hitting cap damage under 1.5k tp (with max buffs) with the self-darkness skillchain opens alternative strong options. Hopefully, there will be another go at this coming soon with actual video.

Update: 07/03/2023
Enmity is not fixed on Sarv.
If the enmity was fixed on Sarv, I wouldn't pull hate from EV on the first 99k WS with HS25 which puts me at -50 enmity on Abject Obdella.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-06-30 14:08:25  
I'm off the hook!

Legit though Dehmar, thanks for some heavy duty work- hoping you send me even the incomplete stuff. We both knew we were working on this, and hope some shiny days are in the future for bow rngs.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-06-30 14:13:04  
Most important part is missing. Did it at least appear to have namas style enmity. Dead rangers have zero deeps.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-06-30 14:31:26  
Nice! Thanks for sharing.

The 99k at 1200 is really impressive.. even with hover shot.

As you say, even if Sarv does not have static enmity like namas, switching to decoy shot could be an option if the damage is still up there (looks it from the hovershot level 4 99k).

Did you have Aria?
By SimonSes 2023-06-30 15:54:14  
As you say, even if Sarv does not have static enmity like namas, switching to decoy shot could be an option if the damage is still up there (looks it from the hovershot level 4 99k).

I mean, only white damage enmity is transferred to tank with decoy shot, so it wouldn't help with 99k WS getting hate.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-06-30 16:21:36  

I mean, only white damage enmity is transferred to tank with decoy shot, so it wouldn't help with 99k WS getting hate.

Right, but if you are still able to do very competitive damage without hover shot, you can now ride decoy shot to provide some relief with less of a dps loss than other ranged options. Still, it would be incredible if Sarv/Terminus are static enmity values like the relic ws.
 Odin.Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2023-06-30 16:38:43  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Most important part is missing. Did it at least appear to have namas style enmity. Dead rangers have zero deeps.
That would be a separate test with a SCH to have some data on it. As far as how it felt. On the Demisang mobs, when RUN had AOE hate on them I would not pull hate with Sarv>Sarv>Sarv>Darkness = Death. But the WS's were not 99k so that does not answer much. Also, next stage will have -50 enmity arrow attached on the WS. On Ghatjot I had Dirge as a 5th song so that does not help. I am only providing data that I was certain on.

Did you have Aria?
No Aria:
Honor March, Minuet V, Minuet IV, Str Etude, Dirge
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
サーバ: Asura
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-06-30 17:01:51  
I'm very interested in finding out whether or not there's some kinda static enmity here. Please report to us as soon as you have some info. Looking forward to finding out. And mad props to you for sharing the info. Thank you very much.
By SimonSes 2023-06-30 17:44:36  
Right, but if you are still able to do very competitive damage without hover shot, you can now ride decoy shot to provide some relief with less of a dps loss than other ranged options. Still, it would be incredible if Sarv/Terminus are static enmity values like the relic ws.

Yeah, but Hover shot is also enmity- and goes up to -50.
By SimonSes 2023-06-30 17:45:44  
Odin.Demhar said: »
That would be a separate test with a SCH to have some data on it. As far as how it felt. On the Demisang mobs, when RUN had AOE hate on them I would not pull hate with Sarv>Sarv>Sarv>Darkness = Death. But the WS's were not 99k so that does not answer much. Also, next stage will have -50 enmity arrow attached on the WS. On Ghatjot I had Dirge as a 5th song so that does not help. I am only providing data that I was certain on.

If you gonna test that, dont do skillchains. Even if WS has fixed enmity, skillchain will still generate normal hate.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-06-30 19:27:19  
I picked up Helheim on Flow and Loughnashade on my BRD.

Not a lot to add, but as we have already seen lots of fimbulvetr numbers from Velner's DRK, I went in for a play on WAR/SAM. I was trip boxing with COR and BRD so I didnt get to test drive it on many bosses unfortunately.

As expected, warcry/savagery + mighty strikes was brutal. Most of the ws under mighty strikes below were at lower TP (probs 2k avg), but still hitting 99k. Next time I have some time to test run it for a few mins ill make it more logical than a few trigger happy ws.

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 67 68 69