users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » All Jobs Damage Simulator and Gear Sets
All Jobs Damage Simulator and Gear Sets
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 14 15
 Bahamut.Kaius
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Kaius 2023-07-20 01:21:17  
This could be a silly question, but I was looking through the code to see how you handle Overwhelm, and found the set_stats.py, with the "# Master Level 20 Samurai stats.", and the 'Weaponskill Damage':8+19'. The 19 seems to represent Overwhelm, but what is the 8 coming from? Same question for the other jobs with a value initialized here in this file.. 8 for war, 8 for drk, 5 for nin, maybe others. Thanks again for all your work on this great project!
By SimonSes 2023-07-20 02:30:07  
Bahamut.Kaius said: »
This could be a silly question, but I was looking through the code to see how you handle Overwhelm, and found the set_stats.py, with the "# Master Level 20 Samurai stats.", and the 'Weaponskill Damage':8+19'. The 19 seems to represent Overwhelm, but what is the 8 coming from? Same question for the other jobs with a value initialized here in this file.. 8 for war, 8 for drk, 5 for nin, maybe others. Thanks again for all your work on this great project!

It's WSD/merits from gifts

Or maybe not, becuase it doesnt match for WAR. Or it is, but value for WAR is incorrect.

8% on DRK are gifts
5% on NIN is gift
8% on WAR is ??? WAR only has 3%WSD gift.
8% on SAM is ???
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-07-20 03:53:37  
probably copy/pasted
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2023-07-20 06:43:32  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
If you need the extra ~29 acc, Marcato your HMarch, if you don't, the optimal thing is to Marcato the Minuet.

Do note, 29 acc/racc could seem a small amount, but it's up to a 14.5% difference in hit rate if you're in the right numerical range. It can be significant.
 Shiva.Mewtwo
サーバ: Shiva
user: aisukage
By Shiva.Mewtwo 2023-07-20 07:06:30  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
KujahFoxfire said: »
The difference is so small its almost always better to take the extra haste and accuracy from HM.

Except we're talking about scenarios with HMarch+VMarch, so the haste difference is 0, unless you're slowed I guess? So ultimately it comes down to:

Gilgamesh.Maletaru said: »
Depending whether you need extra acc, could be better to Marcato Minuet V than HMarch.

If you need the extra ~29 acc, Marcato your HMarch, if you don't, the optimal thing is to Marcato the Minuet.

See also: if you're buffing RNG/COR who are shooting. It may not make a big difference either way (8 attack, as you said), but it's still a bigger number with no drawbacks. At least in the scenario being described.

But you're pointing out a very specific scenario. For one if a DD is using a TPbonus off hand that extra acc might be very important for them. second, There is a chance you could be atk capped also meaning the extra attack is pointless so you would be better off Marcato a Stat boost song then (Herculean Etude) would be the better choice.

I've used Marcato on different songs before when I'm doing something very specific. Like on Mambo's for extra evasion when I want to be evade tanking. Or on INT song for mage setups.

But when it comes down for general use. You get your best bang for your buck with Honor March. as the difference between attack is quite minor. You might get randomly slowed so the extra haste helps a lot there. The acc difference as already stated could be anywhere in the range of 0%~14.5% hit rate difference which is huge if it's needed.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Frod
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Frod 2023-07-20 19:23:24  
SMN when?!
 Bahamut.Kaius
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kaius 2023-07-20 22:59:15  
SimonSes said: »

It's WSD/merits from gifts

Or maybe not, becuase it doesnt match for WAR. Or it is, but value for WAR is incorrect.

8% on DRK are gifts
5% on NIN is gift
8% on WAR is ??? WAR only has 3%WSD gift.
8% on SAM is ???

Yea this is I think why I was confused. Some of them made sense, but not all, and mostly SAM I am not sure about.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-07-21 05:52:07  
Could be useful to add Seething Bomblet +1 for Thiefs. See it being used in some sets in guides, and may be a choice for Aeolian Edge (not sure how close it is to Oshasha's Treatise).

I'd also add Beyla Earring for Corsair as a high ranged accuracy option.
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-08-06 15:33:52  
Just started getting around to playing with this tool (it's awesome). Thanks to Izanami for developing it and to the community for the constructive feedback.

I read through every page and didn't see this addressed. It looks like fencer WAR is starting with Tier 4 Fencer trait (450 TP Bonus) instead of Tier 5 (500 TP Bonus). The T5 TP Bonus trait + the 230 TP Bonus from job gifts should come out to 730, but I'm only seeing 680 on the sim.

Am I missing something?

Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-08-06 16:08:15  
Along with those other two equipment suggestions above, could we also get Empyrean +2s added please? Some are competitive with AF/Relic +3s and others in some sets, and for those who are just getting in to doing Sortie, this would be a very welcome addition to the program. Cheers.
By Dodik 2023-08-06 16:25:39  
and mostly SAM I am not sure about.

AFAIK Sam only gets a 9% WSD bonus when Overwhelm is active and at 5/5 merits. Other than that, Sam only gets skillchain dmg bonuses through gifts, not WSD.

If overwhelm is what the code is adjusting for, it should be 9% not 8.
By SimonSes 2023-08-06 16:57:29  
Dodik said: »
and mostly SAM I am not sure about.

AFAIK Sam only gets a 9% WSD bonus when Overwhelm is active and at 5/5 merits. Other than that, Sam only gets skillchain dmg bonuses through gifts, not WSD.

If overwhelm is what the code is adjusting for, it should be 9% not 8.

I think you are reading it wrong. It's +5%,+5%,+5%,+2%,+2% for total of +19%.
By Dodik 2023-08-06 17:05:25  
SimonSes said: »
I think you are reading it wrong. It's +5%,+5%,+5%,+2%,+2% for total of +19%.

Is it really? Makes me want to test it now.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2023-08-06 17:22:17  
You can take his word for it lol- it's only setup that way because the cap for merit points was originally lower and they realized it would be too OP when they raised the cap to 5/5
By Dodik 2023-08-06 17:26:08  
Cool, idk what the 8% is from then.
By Izanami 2023-08-06 18:25:26  
Izanami said: »
Lili said: »
However, compatibility settings to disable scaling don't seem to be helping... at this point I'll gladly wait for your next version.

I'll probably work on this over the weekend. This is one of those GUI101 things that I should probably learn how to do anyway.
I worked on this for about 30 minutes a few weeks ago and it is definitely a huge pain with the way the code is currently written. This should be an easy fix, but the code is nested poorly such that applying the fix for one part of the code will break the layout in another. I'll need to spend a good bit of time rewriting the GUI code to get around potential DPI scaling issues that you're seeing.

Katyl said: »
Edit: After checking in game it does say granted like Minne, but on the BG Job page it says under the effects of. No idea if this was ninja patched or why BG has different wording. Live Laugh FFXI
I also had the code only give BRD extra attack while Minuet was active. The wording on BG Wiki definitely suggests that only the BRD gains the extra attack. I've updated the code to increase Minuet potency by +20 attack (after Marcato/Soul Voice) based on the JP category and removed the BRD-specific buff.

This could be a silly question, but I was looking through the code to see how you handle Overwhelm, and found the set_stats.py, with the "# Master Level 20 Samurai stats.", and the 'Weaponskill Damage':8+19'. The 19 seems to represent Overwhelm, but what is the 8 coming from? Same question for the other jobs with a value initialized here in this file.. 8 for war, 8 for drk, 5 for nin, maybe others.
Ramuh.Austar said: »
probably copy/pasted
The stat dictionaries in the original code were definitely copy/pasted. This resulted in some jobs having stats that they should not, such as the 8% WSD mentioned previously. I also recall having to fix MNK having THF's Triple Attack bonuses. The updated stats code is much cleaner.

I've added a checkbox for Overwhelm in the beta GUI so it can be disabled. You'll have to disable it for ranged weapon skills for now, otherwise they'll get the +19% WSD while SAM main job with Overwhelm enabled. I'll update this for ranged weapon skills later.

Asura.Frod said: »
SMN when?!
I guess I can at least add the base stats for SMN during the next free login if I'm able to log on.

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Could be useful to add Seething Bomblet +1 for Thiefs. See it being used in some sets in guides, and may be a choice for Aeolian Edge (not sure how close it is to Oshasha's Treatise).

I'd also add Beyla Earring for Corsair as a high ranged accuracy option.
I've added THF to Seething Bomblet and added Beyla Earring.

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
Just started getting around to playing with this tool (it's awesome). Thanks to Izanami for developing it and to the community for the constructive feedback.

I read through every page and didn't see this addressed. It looks like fencer WAR is starting with Tier 4 Fencer trait (450 TP Bonus) instead of Tier 5 (500 TP Bonus). The T5 TP Bonus trait + the 230 TP Bonus from job gifts should come out to 730, but I'm only seeing 680 on the sim.

Am I missing something?
I had WAR's JP Gifts giving +180 TP bonus instead of +230 in the original GUI code. The updated GUI code was not applying the TP Bonus JP Gifts at all. These have been fixed so they both now give +730 TP Bonus with WAR Fencer.

I also recommend swapping to the updated beta GUI since it has a lot of extra features, as long as you don't run into any weird GUI layout issues.

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Along with those other two equipment suggestions above, could we also get Empyrean +2s added please? Some are competitive with AF/Relic +3s and others in some sets, and for those who are just getting in to doing Sortie, this would be a very welcome addition to the program. Cheers.
I have no plans to add Empyrean+2 equipment at the moment. You should be able to add them yourself to the gear.py file and see the changes when you reload the GUI.

Dodik said: »
Cool, idk what the 8% is from then.
That was from me copy/pasting DRK stats for most other jobs and forgetting to remove the WSD from SAM.

I'm surprised that we still don't know details for nearly any of the prime weapon skills. I was expecting to have to added their FTP and WSC to the code by now, but there appears to be almost no complete testing on any weapon yet.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-08-07 14:03:17  
I'm surprised that we still don't know details for nearly any of the prime weapon skills. I was expecting to have to added their FTP and WSC to the code by now, but there appears to be almost no complete testing on any weapon yet.

I mean I tried. I used 2KIs for Origin and got pretty accurate 3000TP fTP and 60%STR and 60%INT WSC.
I also used 4 or 5 KIs to test Ruthless stroke but without success. Couldn't get enough data, so I only know it's around 20fTP at 3000TP and around 25%DEX and VIT wsc, but no exact numbers.
Looks like I'm the only person interested in doing some detailed testing. Unagihito also trying to test axe and sends me some data, but also not enough still to make accurate calculations.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2023-08-07 14:25:46  
I would test, but I haven't played in years and have no interest in playing. I'd test for anyone that has a stage 4 so I can do it properly without worrying about having buffs and can control everything easily.
[+]
 Shiva.Mewtwo
サーバ: Shiva
user: aisukage
By Shiva.Mewtwo 2023-08-15 19:59:47  
I'm expecting there will be a lot of stage 4's by next months update as I'm sure there are a lot like myself that put off upgrading to continue farming Muffins. So probably be people available to test them more reliably then.

Also any chance of including Temper I and II for RDM and RUN while being able to manually add in your enhancing skill? Was wanting to see what it would recommend for RDM TP set but realised it would be flawed if it wasn't taking into account the roughly 40% TA I'm getting. Thank you
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2023-08-15 20:46:26  
Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »

I legit had no idea we had damage simulating programs like this. That's amazing!
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-08-19 18:36:12  
Just noticed Coiste Bodhar is not listed for BRD, is that meant to be for some purpose or am I missing something? Using august 06a version.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-08-19 19:11:03  
I'm guessing it's because swapping from instrument -> Coiste loses TP, so nobody would use it?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-08-19 19:51:40  
I dunno, doesn't make much sense. There's plenty of ammo options in there but no Coiste bodhar.
Going by your logic -which does indeed make sense to a certain degree- if that were the reason then the Ammo section should've been completely empty, no?
By Izanami 2023-08-19 20:00:20  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Just noticed Coiste Bodhar is not listed for BRD, is that meant to be for some purpose or am I missing something? Using august 06a version.
Thanks for letting me know. This is just a typo. I'll update the code next week. For now you should be able to manually add "brd" to Coiste in the gear.py file.

Back when the code was new, I originally only added Ninja gear to the code since it only supported Ninja. As I added more jobs, I occasionally forgot to update job availability for specific gear. This might be one of those situations. Thief missing from Seething Bomblet earlier is another example.

Shiva.Mewtwo said: »
I'm expecting there will be a lot of stage 4's by next months update as I'm sure there are a lot like myself that put off upgrading to continue farming Muffins. So probably be people available to test them more reliably then.

I hope so. I was starting to think that most players stopped bothering with Sortie after seeing the grind.

Shiva.Mewtwo said: »
Also any chance of including Temper I and II for RDM and RUN while being able to manually add in your enhancing skill? Was wanting to see what it would recommend for RDM TP set but realised it would be flawed if it wasn't taking into account the roughly 40% TA I'm getting. Thank you

I'll try to find a place for Dark, Divine, and Enhancing magic skill entries later, since these affect buffs like Endark and Temper.

The code currently assumes a full-time +35% TA from Temper2 on RDM and +27% DA from Temper1 on RUN (the beta version of the code uses +17% DA due to a typo for now).
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-08-21 15:24:28  
Are the prime weapons inserted in their final stage stats? Confirmed. Any chance we could get lesser stages in kinda like the Ody gear r15/20/25/30

Prime would be Stage3 Stage4 Stage5?

Usecase: When does Opashoro pass bunzi on kaustra.

Edit:
manually added them to gear.py

Stage 3 Opo loses and Stage 4(with AM) passes Bunzi
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-03 16:19:41  
Hi Izanami, probably this has already been discussed, but do you plan to add some RDM stuff in the future? I'm thinking mostly about Temper and Temper II, with a selector for Enha skill that would be necessary to calculate how much DA or TA the spells would generate.

Once these calculations are enabled you could allow them for RUN too since it gets access to Temper.

Likewise maybe you could add the "gain-stat" category of spells, aware that with the Relic+3 hands they go from +25 stat to +55 stat. (+45 with Relic+2 hands)

Also last but not least, has the "triple attack DAMAGE" stat on heitaroi ring been implemented in the calculations?
By AegParm 2023-09-03 17:48:22  
Hi Izanami, probably this has already been discussed, but do you plan to add some RDM stuff in the future? I'm thinking mostly about Temper and Temper II, with a selector for Enha skill that would be necessary to calculate how much DA or TA the spells would generate.

Once these calculations are enabled you could allow them for RUN too since it gets access to Temper.

Likewise maybe you could add the "gain-stat" category of spells, aware that with the Relic+3 hands they go from +25 stat to +55 stat. (+45 with Relic+2 hands)

Also last but not least, has the "triple attack DAMAGE" stat on heitaroi ring been implemented in the calculations?

Two posts up.
By Izanami 2023-09-03 21:30:34  
I've updated the beta version of the code (actions page). See below for the changes. Let me know if you see any errors or issues.

Asura.Toralin said: »
Are the prime weapons inserted in their final stage stats? Confirmed. Any chance we could get lesser stages in kinda like the Ody gear r15/20/25/30
I've added stage4 primes to the gear.py file (stage4 and stage5 are now available). Make sure to back up your modified gear.py file before downloading the new one (if you plan to download the new one).

Temper1 and Temper2 were already in the code and assumed reasonable values for Enhancing Magic skill (+35% TA and +27% DA).

I've just added a new "Enhancing Skill" text entry under all the WHM buffs to allow the player to adjust specific spell potencies. It currently defaults to the equivalent value used previously (650 RDM, 570 RUN, 600 DRK & PLD, 500 otherwise) and resets to these defaults when changing main job. This new entry affects the potency Gain/Boost spells, Temper1, Temper2, and Enlight2. Gain-STAT spells assume +30 from RDM Relic+3 hands for a minimum value of +35 STAT. This should also affect Endark2, but I'm not exactly sure how Dark Magic skill contributes to Attack. I assume a static +151 Attack for now (which is reduced to 80% potency since it decays with each melee attack). It appears to be +2.5 attack for every +20 Dark Magic levels, but I don't have enough Dark Magic gear to determine the true formula.

Temper and Temper II can now be toggled, but are still automatically enabled when swapping to RUN or RDM.

I thought I added this already, but I only saw a placeholder line in the code. Since I believe they do not stack, I've replaced the Boost-spells with Gain-spells when selecting RDM main. When swapping to RDM main, the code will automatically replace your currently selected "Boost-STAT" with a "Gain-STAT" selection, or keep "None" selected. Similarly, swapping off of RDM main does the reverse. You should still gain +7 STAT with the associated stormspell selected (or +3 stat with voidstorm selected).

This is already in the code for TP sets. Does it also apply to weapon skills? I recall reading that DA damage does not apply (i.e. Sakpata's Helm), so I did not apply "TA damage" to WSs either.

Also:
I've adjusted the "Player stats" tab in the beta GUI. For now it just shows stat names and does not update with the actual stats. I'll complete/fix this later.
I've added SMN stats, but I haven't added any new SMN gear or added SMN to existing gear that doesn't already have SMN listed.
I still have "Def. Down WSs and DNC steps" on my list of things to add.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-09-03 21:43:55  
This is already in the code for TP sets. Does it also apply to weapon skills? I recall reading that DA damage does not apply (i.e. Sakpata's Helm), so I did not apply "TA damage" to WSs either.

It does not apply to WS.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 14 15