Looking For LS!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Bismarck » Looking for LS!
Looking for LS!
By Thrain 2022-12-16 10:04:55  
Hello, I just started playing retail again after taking a 15 year break. I hit 99 on my THF last week, wearing a set of Turms, almost have my jse cape fully augmented, gadring main hand, pretty good accessories. Anyways, using the linkshell concierge, there is only 1 English LS and they are mostly a social group. Im looking to play with people that are progressing through end game content. I consider myself a good player, patient and willing to learn. Please help me find a new group to play with! Thanks for your time.

Thrain
 Bismarck.Vashkoda
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Vashkoda
By Bismarck.Vashkoda 2022-12-16 11:54:31  
Welcome back. It helps to say what times you play in (EU, EST, PST, JP). It also helps to say what your main character name is in case it’s different from what’s on here, so people can look out for you.

Also, what people currently consider endgame may be a little too hard for you to hit/survive if you just hit 99. You’ll want to work on capping merits so you round out your skills and abilities, then on getting capacity points to further boost your character (I guess you at least have 500 if you’re wearing Su3 gear) until you hit master and then can do the grind with exemplar points that other people are struggling with now. Take advantage of the campaigns going on and get as many merits and capacity points as you can in your free time.

I’m not saying you can’t try to join low-level endgame things like vagary and Omen in the meantime, but even those will mostly have other people carrying you through the clears for a while (on the bright side, those events have gone on so long that others have many of the gear drops already and will freely let you have them). If your main is thf, then at least you can provide TH in the few events where that still has an effect. Don’t be discouraged, you’ll slowly build up to better gear and be able to contribute more.

Anyways, my group plays more during late PST hours but there are other groups around at other times. The easiest way into a ls here is having a good attitude and good reputation, or at least someone who can vouch for you from back when you used to play (may not be too many left from 15 years ago!). I’m currently helping 2 friends from the good old days of Seraph catch up with things.
[+]
By Thrain 2022-12-16 12:18:45  
I left out so much information! Sorry about that and thank you for being polite and offering advice.

I'm a master level 12 99THF/51WAR currently. Merits capped for the THF points, Crit 5, 15 points into attributes, 10 into HP, 8 Dagger and whatever else im forgetting away from my PC atm.

I'm in central standard time. I play all day Mondays and Thursdays, Friday nights and all weekends. My original server was the PS2 beta and then Midgardsormr. I was in the end game 75 cap LS pandavas.

I hope that helps!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Kyaaadaaa
サーバ: Asura
user: Kyaaadaa
By Asura.Kyaaadaaa 2023-01-29 21:21:51  
I'll bump this.

I'm also returning, capable of playing PST pretty much every day except Tuesdays.
I haven't done anything Master Level yet (I literally just found out about it today when I saw someone with a subjob over 49) but I main iGEO, will take some schooling to get back into things with Burtgang PLD, and was learning eRUN before I left.

I need a lot of work still, both in my skills and my gear, but I put forth that work.
[+]
 Bismarck.Majordragonbaby
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Majordragonbaby 2023-02-09 23:08:57  
u jump back to bismarck?