HD UI And Skill/Spell Mods (XiVew Variant)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Dat Modding » HD UI and Skill/Spell Mods (XiVew variant)
HD UI and Skill/Spell Mods (XiVew variant)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bahamut.Navius
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: phot0nic
By Bahamut.Navius 2023-01-31 19:57:57  
Dodik said: »
This is my font, same 51.dat, "Standard" quality, on 2560x1600 and 1.7 UI scaling in Windower.

Ok, so it looks like it's a matter of personal preference. I realized that when we were talking about fonts looking "good" or "bad" it was pretty subjective, so I tried to take screenshots of each option to show the differences between the 3. Your font in this screenshot looks the same as mine, with the distorted aliased "jaggies" around the edges of each letter. If those don't bother you and you prefer this option, then that's great. I tried running with this setting a while back, and I frankly couldn't stand it. I still stand by my opinion of the "medium" quality option looking best by a wide margin, but having screenshots of each setting here for other players to pick what's preferred for them is hopefully helpful.

I wonder, though. The "standard" font option comes from the 'font moji' image within 51.DAT, so that can be changed. RadialArcana has already done an outstanding job of improving the quality of the nameplate font... could the same be done with 'font moji'?
By RadialArcana 2023-01-31 20:45:59  
Goto your windower folder, edit the settings.xml and manually change the ui scale part to 1.33 or something. Try fiddle with it, to get the scaling perfect on your monitor.
 Bahamut.Navius
user: phot0nic
By Bahamut.Navius 2023-01-31 21:46:41  
I can try that. Is the thought that maybe 1.3x exactly is causing issues with the font distortion, but something close-ish might not?

edit: I tried a bunch of custom scalings between 1.2-1.35x, and the distortion persisted for the high quality font. Oddly enough, if I run the game vanilla without Windower, and use the UI Size slider in the XI Config tool, the high quality font looks good and can be made as large as I'd like. So, it seems that this is either a Windower problem, or a me problem with regards to Windower. Either way, unless someone is already aware of an easy fix, this is probably something I should take up with the Windower Discord, instead of further de-railing this thread. (Also, I'm generally happy with the 'medium quality' font option that I posted, it's just "sub-optimal" and I was poking to see if there was a known fix)

Thanks again for the mods Radial, looking forward to what you have cooking next!
By RadialArcana 2023-02-02 16:28:16  
Ive had a few messages about using assets from my mod for an Ashita addon for private servers (HXUI?), becasue the people making it don't have access to XIah and it seems asked people to message me from the ashita discord.

I would rather nothing I make be repurposed for private server use, so no.
[+]
By Rinuko 2023-02-02 16:42:22  
Hxui is a gui mod. It’s not made for private servers but like all addons wherever it’s wi dower or ashita, they can be used on a private server.

https://github.com/tirem/HXUI
By Dodik 2023-02-02 17:44:14  
Bahamut.Navius said: »
Ok, so it looks like it's a matter of personal preference.

Absolutely. I personally like the XIView font (Trebuchet) a lot more over the XI "HQ" font, on either medium or high quality settings. The HQ setting for me is nigh unreadable and strains my eyes.

On my screen, with a 2560x1600 resolution, it does look a bit "off" once the UI is scaled - and I use quite a high UI scaling - but given the high res the artifacts are not that visible.

Is it as crisp as when the UI is not scaled? No, but as you say, that seems to be a windower thing. Others, like RadialArcana, are happy with the built in XI font. YMMV.

Thank you very much RadialArcana for this btw - only UI mods I use now.
 Odin.Nappy
サーバ: Odin
user: Nappypup
By Odin.Nappy 2023-02-03 02:53:14  
Do you have a download to replace the status icons for a buff addon so my in-game dat mod looks the same for a mod like party buffs?
By RadialArcana 2023-02-03 14:43:15  
All versions of XIview will most likely break on the 10th with the new patch, they will still work but whatever new buttons or systems they add for the chat filter won't be in the file and so won't work.

Specially 51.dat, others should be fine.
[+]
By ithorien 2023-02-09 23:48:06  
RadialArcana said: »
All versions of XIview will most likely break on the 10th with the new patch, they will still work but whatever new buttons or systems they add for the chat filter won't be in the file and so won't work.

Specially 51.dat, others should be fine.

Can confirm, they changed the textures a whole bunch.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2023-02-10 11:16:07  
Updated, any problems let me know and I'll fix them at the weekend.
[+]
By ithorien 2023-02-10 11:38:20  
Updated, any problems let me know and I'll fix them at the weekend.
Lightning fast, thanks!
[+]
By Rinuko 2023-02-10 12:30:08  
Thank you for your hard work and swift update :)
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-02-10 12:39:08  
it seems asked people to message me from the ashita discord.
nothing of the sort was said in the ashita discord, it's probably not even the addon author itself but someone modding it
By RadialArcana 2023-02-10 12:49:20  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
it seems asked people to message me from the ashita discord.
nothing of the sort was said in the ashita discord, it's probably not even the addon author itself but someone modding it

Not like it matters now, but I got a few messages that were apparently instigated by Tirem? either making a post or sending a reply/message about an "Ashita addon" from a discord. Since he doesn't play retail he wanted someone to pm me on here it seems.

I didn't see it, I just got second hand information about it in a pm.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2023-02-10 12:50:24  
coulda been horizon, that discord is so active nobody could ever keep up with everything going on in it
 Bahamut.Shozokui
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2023-02-10 18:33:42  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
coulda been horizon, that discord is so active nobody could ever keep up with everything going on in it

I PM'd him since Tirem doesn't have a FFXIAH account. Not sure why Radial is being so cagey about the conversation or bringing up the Ashita discord at all.

The HXUI guys wanted to use the source images as part of the addon for status effect icon themes.

Not really a big ask for such an ambitious addon. But since the original dev/designer are affiliated with Horizon it must be a "private server" thing.

I'm mostly unaffiliated, but have a shared interest. Shuu was letting use their HXUI designs to flush out my HTML5/CSS UI Framework plugin for Ashita.
 Asura.Ayakari
サーバ: Asura
user: kyohori
By Asura.Ayakari 2023-02-27 12:59:52  
What does it mean to drop the anc anc in the anc anc box? I am trying to use the original pointer but I don't follow.
By RadialArcana 2023-02-27 13:27:46  
From the zip file goto

x modify with drag and drop elements

open texhammer.exe

drag and drop the 51.dat file you're using into it

At the top, box 3 (anc anc) is pointer. Drop the dds file from the zip

"x modify with drag and drop elements/images/pointers/"

anc anc original.dds into that box and save it back as 51.dat

Start the game and the original pointers should be there.
VIP
By Lili 2023-02-28 08:09:10  
Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
HTML5/CSS UI Framework plugin

Mommy I'm scared
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2023-02-28 11:31:48  
Lili said: »
Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
HTML5/CSS UI Framework plugin

Mommy I'm scared
.text_box { float: left }

stays where it is

CSS rage hilarity ensues.
[+]
 Asura.Ayakari
user: kyohori
By Asura.Ayakari 2023-02-28 23:27:14  
Do we know which dat files are the maps? That's all I really need/want. Thanks!
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2023-03-01 02:45:02  
I believe the Remapster project has many of them mapped.
 Asura.Elizabetha
By Asura.Elizabetha 2023-03-12 14:01:20  
Hah! My name is in this! xD
 Phoenix.Criky
サーバ: Phoenix
user: ojofer
By Phoenix.Criky 2023-03-24 07:55:43  
All of this looks so amazing! Thank you for all the hard work
 Lakshmi.Cesil
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2023-03-24 09:48:45  
Wow this looks amazing, I am going to install it now, thank you :)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By RadialArcana 2023-04-08 08:35:57  
The characters that are created from the dat file are the source for fonts used in various places in the ui, since this is changing the source I can't pick and choose. The normal mod has no width alterations so works perfectly everywhere, the condensed 1 has minor width changes that cause some minor issues in other places and and 2 is a "lesser of two evils" deal.

I personally use 1.

The game stores duplicates in memory, so they can be selectively changed in memory with an addon but I can't do that with dat editing.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By RadialArcana 2023-04-08 17:17:05  
Can you post a screenshot, I'm not sure what you mean.

I thought you meant some minor issues, you're making it sound more serious.

Should look like this

YouTube Video Placeholder

There should be no size difference anywhere.