言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » November 2022 Version Update
November 2022 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
By Thunderjet 2022-11-12 20:12:03  
Yesterday Killed A B E bosses no ore and i have Katana in inventory if i am on paladin i should have shield in inventory for it to drop? and every 1 must have access for it to drop?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-12 20:28:18  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Roughly a month of 8 hour days at the rate I EP to get a job to 50.

That's one of the more grindy grinds that's ever ground imo.

Nothing even remotely close to 2 hours a day, twice a week for 10 years. And in the end you didn't even get a hat.

There will be m50 people a week after the update. (unless they get banned) Already a hundred will be there tomorrow lol.

More bots in Ranps than existing players on entire servers
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-11-13 20:12:53  
macsdf1 said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
Sortie gives very little EP. Their mobs give 1/3rd the EP as Odyssey mobs do for the same level, and you kill far fewer of them.

that's only if u skip trash and only kill bosses.
No, Sortie trash gives trash EP. You get like 80-100 from trash compared to 250 in Odyssey, and Odyssey mobs die faster to boot.
[+]
By RiggityWrekd 2022-11-13 20:21:43  
Does anyone know when the next autumn alter ego extravaganza will be?

I thought it would start with this patch
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-13 20:24:37  
RiggityWrekd said: »
Does anyone know when the next autumn alter ego extravaganza will be?

I thought it would start with this patch

December 1st - January 31st
Days Until Start: 17

The peeps at BG do a great job keeping this information up to date on the main page at the bottom. https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Main_Page
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-11-13 20:32:23  
They let us power creep our subjobs. Idgaf about anything other than that. ML50 can be as far away as it needs to be because it doesn't give me anything new from my subjobs.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2022-11-13 20:39:33  
Thunderjet said: »
if i am on paladin i should have shield in inventory for it to drop?
No. Got some on RUN when I had GK in mog house.
Thunderjet said: »
and every 1 must have access for it to drop?
Also no. We have someone in party that hasn't touched VR and we're still getting Eikondrite for the rest of the party.
[+]
By macsdf1 2022-11-13 22:37:29  
Maybe if you're noobing around on floor 1..
macsdf1 said: »
Sortie gives very little EP. Their mobs give 1/3rd the EP as Odyssey mobs do for the same level, and you kill far fewer of them.

that's only if u skip trash and only kill bosses.
No, Sortie trash gives trash EP. You get like 80-100 from trash compared to 250 in Odyssey, and Odyssey mobs die faster to boot.

Maybe if you're noobing around on floor 1. Fomors start at around 400 a kill.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-11-15 05:02:36  
Asura.Sechs said: »
SimonSes said: »
Atm stage 2 is easier and faster to get than Kaja Sword.
I'm talking about people who would struggle doing Vol1 E.
People who only have a small bunch of JPs, uncapped merits, ML0, shitty gear that's barely 119.
They have no *** chance to solo Sortie.
Would take them probably weeks of work to get 10k Gallimaufry.
Unless someone kind enough (i.e. me) let them leech points.

It's not that it's "unreasonable", it's more that it's a pretty big increase in terms of what was previously "required" to complete main story quests.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I can't think of a single main story content/BC that "required" something this grindy to just even be able to access it.
And let's not talk about the BC fights difficulty because aside from a couple ones, they really are so easy they complete themselves on their own with you doing anything.

Simple "fix" to this? The first Prime Weapon stage 1 you get is free and you get it with the story.
All the other additional ones you want to get cost X gallimaufry and then whatever else.
There, FTFY.

This whole time in this discussion I thought you will need to do stage 2 for December, but I think it's just basic stage 1 needed right? Now Im even more confused.. You was really implying that some people will struggle to farm 10k galli? Literally any ilvl119 player can do it without even knowing Sortie. Just go around and kill 300 mobs in A as worst case possible. Prime weapon will be literally needed to do some symbolic damage with it on something like World Eater Egg probably. I honestly wouldn't consider that as anything more restrictive than we had before.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-15 06:17:24  
I think SE said Stage2 will be required soon, but that will probably (hopefully?) be the last required stage to progress through TVR.

It's not a big deal for any "real" player who plays the game and does the content, but it's an idea that I personally dislike and with no precedent in FFXI's 25 years history.

There have always been gatings in FFXI MSQ here and there. Most of the time it was about waiting 1 game day or get some drop from random world monsters (most of which you could buy off bazaars/AH if you wanted anyway)

Here we're talking about the main story requiring you to do an end-game activity and farm a certain amount of points before you can progress through the story.
I don't think FFXI ever required players to do that until now and imho it's a bad choice that will end up gating some (minority) of players who will take several days/weeks to farm the necessary >20k Gallimaufry.

That, and the fact that you can't use Shield or Instrument is another thing that sorta annoyed me, but w/e, not like things will change at this point.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-11-15 06:42:05  
Here we're talking about the main story requiring you to do an end-game activity and farm a certain amount of points before you can progress through the story.
I don't think FFXI ever required players to do that until now and imho it's a bad choice that will end up gating some (minority) of players who will take several days/weeks to farm the necessary >20k Gallimaufry.

That, and the fact that you can't use Shield or Instrument is another thing that sorta annoyed me, but w/e, not like things will change at this point.

I dont think you need Stage 2. They only said about Primal with damage (Stage 1 also has damage) and that Prime horn and Prime shield cant be used (they said Prime Shield not Duban, which also hints Stage 1).
Also end game activity is only a name. Mobs in Sortie A are 119-121 level (just with higher HP, kinda like low level Apex). If you call that end game, then I would say it's entry level of end game and easier than most fights in SoA missions.

Also it cant be shield and horn, because
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-15 06:55:39  
KujahFoxfire said: »
SE also had no issue with making us spend weeks worth of imprimaturs to get through Adoulin.
Really?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the imprimaturs / coalitions necessary only for the Ergon weapons and for some post-ending side-quests? (The Arciela/Ygnas ones).

I could be forgetting something but I don't recall people having to wait weeks/months to complete that stuff other than for the things I mentioned.

@Simon
The "story reasons!" explanation makes no sense to me.
It's not like the Story "already exists" and SE has to adapt their game to make it coherent with the story.
They are the ones writing the story from zero so they could've written a story where any weapon would've been fine to progress through the missions, if you get what I mean.
It's not a big deal for players like us, but I find it to be a bad concept in terms of game design.
Just my personal view on the thing of course.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-11-15 07:06:18  
Oh I completely forgot that. I stand corrected then.
That would've meant at least 1 week of wait to generate that many imprimaturs.
By SimonSes 2022-11-15 07:10:07  
Really?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the imprimaturs / coalitions necessary only for the Ergon weapons and for some post-ending side-quests? (The Arciela/Ygnas ones).

I could be forgetting something but I don't recall people having to wait weeks/months to complete that stuff other than for the things I mentioned.

Nah, there are like 3 times, when you need to use imprimaturs to progress further. How many depends on your fame I think. I was doing that recently on my alt and was hard walled with this. Let me find it.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Seekers_of_Adoulin_Mission_1-6
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Seekers_of_Adoulin_Mission_1-8
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Seekers_of_Adoulin_Mission_2-7-3

Looks like at least 30+ imprimaturs at fame 9 and fame 9 is pretty big grind on its own.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-11-15 08:39:17  
Golden Shell update from Takutu. lol@auric sand being higher than nuggets

WRONG RESULTS IN THIS SCREENSHOT

Corrected results
NQ 2 sand
HQ1 4 sand
HQ2 2 gold nuggets
HQ3 4 gold nuggets
[+]
By Taint 2022-11-15 08:53:04  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Roughly a month of 8 hour days at the rate I EP to get a job to 50.

That's one of the more grindy grinds that's ever ground imo.

Sounds like the original Relic trials lol.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2022-11-15 09:05:45  
What does "Slowly Devours Your Soul" do? Sounds like a DoT or something.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-11-15 09:10:38  
Asura.Highwynn said: »

Slowly devours your soul: -1hp and -1mp per tic
By Aquatiq 2022-11-15 10:26:19  
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Golden Shell update from Takutu. lol@auric sand being higher than nuggets

nice! sand goes for a few hundred mil on a good day
[+]
 Carbuncle.Gokku
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Gokku
By Carbuncle.Gokku 2022-11-15 16:15:53  
im getting different results from this post?

nq 2 sand
hq 1` 4 sand
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-11-15 16:54:48  
Carbuncle.Gokku said: »
im getting different results from this post?

nq 2 sand
hq 1` 4 sand
This is likely correct due to a bottle of vodka.

Corrected results
NQ 2 sand
HQ1 4 sand
HQ2 2 gold nuggets
HQ3 4 gold nuggets
[+]
By trinironnie 2022-11-19 11:19:26  
https://imgur.com/a/KWTWOZy

2 loud freaking thuds...all morning i've been getting crap from loud thuds....even got two udug jackets TWO!
By Rips 2022-11-19 15:44:16  
Asura.Bippin said: »
Asura.Highwynn said: »

Slowly devours your soul: -1hp and -1mp per tic

The jokes on SE. I sold my soul to this game a long time ago, therefore, I don’t have one and nothing on me ticks away.
 Phoenix.Evolved
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Special1
By Phoenix.Evolved 2022-11-19 16:34:58  
I noticed the same thing last night. One loud thud, and only got 3 items and a bewitched something or other.

Did they nerf it or screw it up somehow?
By Seun 2022-11-19 20:17:48  
Phoenix.Evolved said: »
I noticed the same thing last night. One loud thud, and only got 3 items and a bewitched something or other.

Did they nerf it or screw it up somehow?

The change was made months ago when they added the rainbow chest events. Players end up getting more 'loud thud' messages on average so the event feels more rewarding. Unfortunately, they dumped so much junk in the loot pool that the better items are even more rare than they used to be.

Shouldn't really be a surprise given that SE has a history in the gambling side of 'gaming'.

Post deleted by User.
By Agrestic 2022-11-21 21:34:05  
Random nonsense but

http://ffxidb.com/items/1878

The mob that drops this was removed from Bibiki Bay. Does it drop from something new or is it just unobtainable outside of Mystery Box RNG.
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2022-11-22 00:01:26  
I am on The Voracious Resurgence Mission 10-2, BUT, did not decide to grab a prime weapon until today? It seems if you progress to this point, there is an game error locking you out of both obtaining a prime weapon or completing this quest. I can not seem to find a way to remedy this.

Has anyone else had this happen?
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10