言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Controller Not Working
Controller Not Working
By Ermah 2022-09-06 17:12:48  
Hello,

I am trying to get a Xbox 360 controller working for FFXI. It works without Windower, and FFXI Config setups naturally. But as soon as I open the game with Windower, it stops working. More specifically the XInput stops working, I can use the non-Xinput, but I lose buttons and configuring them is extremely hard.

I've attempted:
Turning Enabled Gamepad thing on and off on Windower.
Unplugging the Keyboard and plugging it back in.
Created a new profile on Windower instead of using default.
I went into the FFXI Config folder and changed US, EU and the default one.

I'm just returning to the game and I'd like to use Windower as the chat accelerator would be nice.

I do have the enhanced graphics pack installed if that's relevant.

Any advice?
 Bahamut.Picapants
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Picapants 2022-09-06 18:21:21  
Most common cause for that is having more than one controller profile under devices.

Control Panel > View Devices and Printers

See if you have more than one. If you do, there's usually a Controller and HID-Compliant controller.

Disable the HID one.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2022-09-06 18:44:11  
Ermah said: »
Hello,

I am trying to get a Xbox 360 controller working for FFXI. It works without Windower, and FFXI Config setups naturally. But as soon as I open the game with Windower, it stops working. More specifically the XInput stops working, I can use the non-Xinput, but I lose buttons and configuring them is extremely hard.

I've attempted:
Turning Enabled Gamepad thing on and off on Windower.
Unplugging the Keyboard and plugging it back in.
Created a new profile on Windower instead of using default.
I went into the FFXI Config folder and changed US, EU and the default one.

I'm just returning to the game and I'd like to use Windower as the chat accelerator would be nice.

I do have the enhanced graphics pack installed if that's relevant.

Any advice?

Trying to refresh my memory, but first I'd try using a fresh windower download (can copy the launcher to a blank directory and it should download all needed assets), and ask where the windower directory is located. Recommendation is something like:

"C:\Windower\"

that being said, if that doesn't do it: probably post all the attempted steps in the windower discord windower4 support channel. I can't remember anything specific that would cause a change in the config of the controller (if it works without it should work with, and the only thing to really check is to verify the version of XI you're launching with Windower is the same as you configured, or configure them all the same way.

There was a period of time where I (and had to do it for others) had to uninstall the 360 controller for windows drivers and manually reinstall the thing, but iirc it wouldn't see it at all, even vanilla (something with the xinput driver).

It's been awhile since I've messed with it though.
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2022-09-06 18:53:00  
I can't recall completely but on my most recent install I had to grab the xinput dll from eu or to na or something like that because the na was broken.

Also scrolling through previous threads there appears to have been a windower issue with default profile and making a second profile corrects it, oh you did this.
By Ermah 2022-09-06 19:07:11  
Thanks. My Windower was in the D drive, so I copied it over to the C drive and now the controller works. -Shrug- Back to starting over in FFXI ^_^
By Jetackuu 2022-09-06 19:12:49  
Ermah said: »
Thanks. My Windower was in the D drive, so I copied it over to the C drive and now the controller works. -Shrug- Back to starting over in FFXI ^_^
I mean which drive it is on shouldn't matter, as long as permissions are good. The thing to avoid is putting it on the desktop, in program files (if perms are wonky) or absolutely don't do: put it in the XI directory itself.

Glad you got it settled.