フォーラム » FFXI » General » 20th Anniversary Reddit AMA
20th Anniversary Reddit AMA
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 26 27 28
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-05-23 21:25:34  
Last guy asked two questions and they answered the one about not leveling all crafts

But I'd rather have them answer removing level caps from quests. They mentioned the big one and that quest suuuuuckkks, lol. The level cap isn't even the worst part, the pathing of the npc is fully broken and he will just stand still for like 10 minutes. Gross
 Asura.Specialkid
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Specialkid 2022-05-23 21:27:38  
Manque said: »
With how long I have been in and out of FFXI I know my view is overly optimistic and can be too sentimental, but I think Matsui and Fujito deserve more credit than we generally give them. They are most likely wanting to implement or change many things for FFXI but are constricted by their seniors. I imagine they are fighting a lot of battles internally on behalf of the FFXI community. It must hurt for them to read so many negative responses and reactions. Expressing our frustration is fine but that should go against the company in general, not Matsui and Fujito where possible. I guess everyone is just a bit shellshocked from all the truth bombs being dropped.

Well, yeah, but how do you know that? Why are you separating these two people that are just as ingrained into the company as all the other senior members? It's not like these people are like, junior baby interns, they're seasoned old crusty dudes like the rest.
[+]
By Seun 2022-05-23 21:31:09  
Banhammer said: »
Has any content gotten them so much consistent negative feedback as Odyssey?

People didn't like Odyssey's predecessor Walk of Echoes. Different reasons, but it was very unpopular until they made adjustments.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-23 21:32:09  
Quote:
A: Although we considered this in the past, we can't simply make the enemies stronger due to how Besieged has elements like key NPCs in Al Zahbi getting kidnapped and the keeping track of consecutive victories, so we're leaving it as-is for now.

I don't care about Besieged update at all, but what do the NPCs in town getting captured or consecutive wins have to do with raising the level of monsters in besieged? Curiously asking, they seem unrelated.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-23 21:33:13  
besieged broken FIVEEVER
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-23 21:34:03  
It would break the zone cause all the NPCs would be kidnapped constantly (and no one bothers to get them)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-05-23 21:34:58  
I'll never get my Astral candescence reclamation bc titles I'm missing ;;
By GetHelpNerd 2022-05-23 21:36:28  
With how long I have been in and out of FFXI I know my view is overly optimistic and can be too sentimental, but I think Matsui and Fujito deserve more credit than we generally give them. They are most likely wanting to implement or change many things for FFXI but are constricted by their seniors. I imagine they are losing a lot of battles internally on behalf of the FFXI community.
FTFY
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-05-23 21:36:49  
Everyone is going to consider this a win now just because mireu spike flail nerf.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-23 21:37:28  
The real win would have been if we could actually see the damn dragon after 5+ min in area.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-23 21:37:43  
See, and all you *** say you can't get them to do something by being an ***.

This guy single handedly getting them to change the mechanics.

BE THE CHANGE!
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2022-05-23 21:38:56  
With how long I have been in and out of FFXI I know my view is overly optimistic and can be too sentimental, but I think Matsui and Fujito deserve more credit than we generally give them. They are most likely wanting to implement or change many things for FFXI but are constricted by their seniors. I imagine they are fighting a lot of battles internally on behalf of the FFXI community. It must hurt for them to read so many negative responses and reactions. Expressing our frustration is fine but that should go against the company in general, not Matsui and Fujito where possible. I guess everyone is just a bit shellshocked from all the truth bombs being dropped.

When the Dev team is on point they create some fantastic updates and content--BST, DRG, MNK, and RDM for modern examples.

However, the way the 20th anniversary has been hyped and shrouded in mystery for so long only to be given a glorified Star Wars theme for log-in music has left a rancid taste in my mouth. Normally I'm more positive, but this is extremely frustrating.
[+]
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Brixy
By Bahamut.Brixy 2022-05-23 21:39:09  
Alright folks. Someone start hacking in meiru into every single zone in vana'diel so we can get them to fix the game. We know the winning formula to get them to adjust anything now
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-23 21:40:36  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
See, and all you *** say you can't get them to do something by being an ***.

This guy single handedly getting them to change the mechanics.

BE THE CHANGE!

Odoro shoutout coming next.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-23 21:41:06  

NEW EXPANSIONS CONFIRMED PLEASE LOOK FORWARD TO IT
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-05-23 21:41:46  
People asking questions about layered zone message priorities and things that matter

And they are gonna be skipped over because some person wants to see the whole damn map and fujito is pumped about maps
[+]
By Banhammer 2022-05-23 21:43:58  
RIP

Q: Would you please consider adding S. Astral Detritus to the list of items which can be purchased with Hallmarks from Ambuscade or increasing the amount of Heavy Metal Plates, Riftdross, and Riftcinder that is purchasable each month?

A: The items you listed are supposed to be obtained from another content, so we currently have no plans to add or increase the cap.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-05-23 21:45:23  
15 minutes left to see if they are adding hamburgers
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2022-05-23 21:45:44  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »

CHEESEBURGER OR GTFO
[+]
 Asura.Specialkid
By Asura.Specialkid 2022-05-23 21:46:42  
So far, they have avoided in general the most popular (and damning) questions in favor of low upvote, irrelevant distractions

Can't be addressing the massive Olyphant NMs in the zone now
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-23 21:50:18  
Gotta love how they set the stage for a possible disappointing "Apex Jug pets" implementation up front. They must have learned instead of promising something and then it falls flat later, say "if" a few times and remind them it's not going to be anything close to what we think it should be.

Vets.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-05-23 21:51:06  
Oh cmon don't answer the 60fps mode question. There's 10minutes left get to some good stuff
 Asura.Specialkid
By Asura.Specialkid 2022-05-23 21:51:31  
Oh my *** god dudes, yall asked every lil thing about Jug Pets except for making them nonconsumable

I shoulda just thrown in my two cents and nipped it in the bud
By Seun 2022-05-23 21:51:32  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

NEW EXPANSIONS CONFIRMED PLEASE LOOK FORWARD TO IT

FIRST JOB CONFIRMED CARTOGRAPHER!!!!
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-05-23 21:51:40  
Cerberus.Dekar said: »

CHEESEBURGER OR GTFO
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-05-23 21:53:32  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Cerberus.Dekar said: »

CHEESEBURGER OR GTFO
YouTube Video Placeholder
9 cans of ravioli recipe please. Best New tank food
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-05-23 21:55:00  
"We will readily admit that mhaura is the only zone with people in it"
[+]
 Asura.Specialkid
By Asura.Specialkid 2022-05-23 21:56:11  
"If Matsui-p had unlimited money and resources, what would be the one thing he would like to do the most with FFXI ?"

"A: I'd like to renovate our development environment, which currently relies on specialized tools. Other than that, I'd like to revamp the UI, re-organize the tutorial, release an expansion, and hold a live in-person event in the US."

*thinking*
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-23 21:57:07  
well there we have it. all we have to do is get matsui access to infinite money
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-23 21:58:23  
If you ask a question with an impossible setup you'll get the best lie as an answer.

I'm sure if money was no consequence, yeah, they'd do that, but it's disingenuous.

If I had unlimited money, there's a ton of ***I'd do, too, but I don't.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 26 27 28