2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » May 8th, 2022 Livestream Thread
May 8th, 2022 Livestream Thread
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15
By Jetackuu 2022-05-11 09:22:52  
Nariont said: »
Not to say youre incorrect but what does whm really need at this point? Its the best at its designated role though cga3 availability and majesty has helped bridge the aoe healing gap that was really hindering other jobs from being able to fill in, but they still cant compete with the mitigation from cureskin, the power of divine caress, aoe nas if mythic us a factor, its in a pretty comfortable spot imo
Holy needs a damage boost.

I said it.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-11 09:23:25  
SimonSes said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
You can get over 8 minutes with optimal gear, so >4 minutes with a 50% resist.

The Gaol NMs resisting Drain III so hard is partly because of the forced 50% resist most of them have, and the huge MDT that all the ones not intended to be nuked down have. Most of the NMs take like -80% at V20.

btw where did you find the info of Dark Magic Skill increasing duration? I haven't seen that anywhere
I didn't "find" it anywhere; it was explicitly noted in the patch notes when SE added it in the September 2015 update.

Each 5 skill = +1 second before percentage modifiers.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-11 09:32:04  
Draylo said: »
GetHelpNerd said: »

The Gaol NMs resisting Drain III so hard is partly because of the forced 50% resist most of them have, and the huge MDT that all the ones not intended to be nuked down have. Most of the NMs take like -80% at V20.

btw where did you find the info of Dark Magic Skill increasing duration? I haven't seen that anywhere
how the *** you manage to derail every *** thread you post in to pages on end about game mechanics? there are thousands, literally THOUSANDS of other topics on this forum for that.

shut the *** up

I'm pretty sure 90% of my posts where on topic. The game mechanic part was on side. Also this thread is about specific event and was pretty much discussed in every possible way now (you have summary in first post), so its not like I'm blocking some heated on topic conversation.

Also, I noticed you like to call people idiots or tell them to shut up, but you probably noticed by now, that it almost never works. You can add this situation to that statistic too ;)

He gives me D44k vibes, very angry sock account

Some people just need to jump on an innocuous forum to yell there instead of shoot up their workplace. Definitely anger issues, we recognize eachother :)
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-05-11 10:26:13  

I didn't "find" it anywhere; it was explicitly noted in the patch notes when SE added it in the September 2015 update.

Each 5 skill = +1 second before percentage modifiers.

For Simon mainly here is the link to the patch notes.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/48564-Sep-16-2015-%28JST%29-Version-Update

Skill increases duration for all absorb-stat spells.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-05-11 12:13:20  
Jetackuu said: »
Holy needs a damage boost.

I said it.

Would say divine needs a boost in general but nukes as a whole are pretty weak outside of MB. DPS side of whm is really the only thing lacking i guess, gear additions have helped on that front. Could make an OA trait for healing magic that's based on the amount of HP healed, improve the hp healed:TP given under misery since solace is still pretty much the go-to stance regardless due to its individual perks /randomthoughts
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-05-14 08:19:42  
Holy and Holy 2 could use large boosts. The only thing Banish spells need is more undead content to hit for bonus damage. Since we are probably getting to fight a bunch of demons coming up, hopefully they have undead adds from Valhalla or whatever flavor text you need to get me more undead.

Actually before I say that and be wrong, does Divine magic hit the nuke wall or is it exempt because it's not Elemental?

Nariont said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
do all jobs honestly need to be balanced, or is it actually better to just create scenarios where different jobs are needed to justify them?

Honestly just want them to focus instead on the utility aspect of the jobs and outdated/useless JAs, poster child for that one is probably THF even with their attempts to make mug/steal somewhat useful via AS/job points the timers are too long to really make good use of them, then you have things like hide which is 99% of the time pointless, they managed to rework camo from useless into something pretty sweet by comparison, feint despoil, bully same deal.

Lot of the pre-wotg jobs share this problem so giving those a 2nd look would be great for "balancing"

I'm all for THF buffs (no seriously, more buffs plz) but the one thing that all zilart or earlier jobs have is more SC options either by virtue of relics or better mythic ws compared to later jobs that share weapons. THF and DNC can both murder all day with Rudra's but THF can Mandalic when DARKNESS, NO PARENTS! isn't going to do the job.

The only exception to that idea is that PUP has better gravitation options than MNK. This is a small concession, but it's at least something
 Odin.Lusiphur
サーバ: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-18 04:54:29  
The Japanese Freshly Picked summary has been posted here with what appears to be a few clarifications/additions.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-05-18 06:38:49  
Both is fine. Each job is generally reasonably balanced right now even if certain ones are considered meta. EG drg was the strongest DD in the game for a while, but almost nobody noticed when it came to making groups.
What the game needs for now is a wider variety of scenarios where each subset shines because blm never gets to actually shine outside of Ongo.
Make a mob that the more evasive jobs can evade easily while the heavier ones cant. (effectively making the jobs with A evasion have a hybrid set just for existing.)
Do the usual resist roulette.
Make something resist physical attacks while being weak to magic in such a way that jobs with hybrid ws can skillchain for mages. Eg the hybrid ws still come out to slightly higher than what physical ws on other mobs would come out to.
Have a few more gaol where dnc can shine like they do vs the bee
More mob variety for the sake of circle abilities.
Make a gimmic fight where the thf can rob the NM via steal, despoil, mug, and larceny to bypass the usual proc the NM also has.
Make a monster that's tuned so that it's a pet fight.Eg. it has a hidden debuff that makes it do less damage to pets and take more damage from pets. Make it a dragon so that drg gets in on the action somehow and to encourage the pet masters to melee too?

Have a nm that pops out of range and the battle is a ranged/magical one.

And also for thf steals to be lowered to 1 or 2 minutes. the good/decent buffs I steal do not remotely have enough duration to warrant a 5 minute timer pre-mastery.
By waffle 2022-05-18 08:58:23  
Odin.Lusiphur said: »
The Japanese Freshly Picked summary has been posted here with what appears to be a few clarifications/additions.
So Sroda belt's increased cost negative effect doesn't apply to blue magic cures, for people running run/blu or pld/blu.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15