Square Enix selling off western companies
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2022-05-04 14:56:37  
Afania said: »
Viciouss said: »
Guardians was a good game, it undersold and cost a shitload to make. Deus Ex is dead. Hitman is on life support. The market for single player games isn't as large as it used to be. And the appetite to pay full price for them is even smaller.

SE ruined the IP anyways. Would rather see another company gets it.

I never played the second one, but I enjoyed the first one other than the 3 button ending and the obviously outsourced and out of place boss fights.

How was the second one?
By Afania 2022-05-05 11:47:09  
Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Guardians was a good game, it undersold and cost a shitload to make. Deus Ex is dead. Hitman is on life support. The market for single player games isn't as large as it used to be. And the appetite to pay full price for them is even smaller.

I never played the second one, but I enjoyed the first one other than the 3 button ending and the obviously outsourced and out of place boss fights.

How was the second one?

I heard SE forced microtransactions in Mankind Divided right before release then player backlash....;/
 Fenrir.Niflheim
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tesahade
By Fenrir.Niflheim 2022-05-05 16:07:08  
Asura.Karbuncle said: »

How was the second one?

Mankind divided, to me, was not as good as human revolution.
It was a fun revisit to a world, but felt lacking and under explored.

Also, if you play this type of game where you like to explore all over the place you will find a random "kill switch" which turns out to be for the final boss... and it does what it says on the box you push it and he just dies.
That said he was tragically easy to defeat anyway :x