BalloonBlue Story Addon

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » General » BalloonBlue Story Addon
BalloonBlue Story Addon
By RadialArcana 2022-04-10 15:43:05  
This is an addon that a lot of people have worked on over the years, it was originally called Balloon and was basically a copy of the onscreen story dialogue system in FF14. It was made by a JP player called Hando, and then Yuki added English support.

However it had a lot of issues, I waited about 6 months for Yuki to finish it off but it seemed as though they lost interest in it. Since I really liked it, I tried to finish it off and make it more fitting to XI. Kenshi helped me with some annoying issues, such as character recognition.

Balloonblue.

YouTube Video Placeholder

The addon adds a what looks like a 3rd chat window and all text that comes from a cut-scene or NPC (also things like home points) is also displayed onto that. It auto hides when not needed.

The balloon can be moved with the mouse and the new position is saved. The text is still displayed in the normal chat log.

It works with enter key, mouse button (just don't press the left mouse button on the addon itself) and gamepad.

When talking to an NPC (or in a cut) that requires a prompt to continue it will stay on the screen until you give one.

If you talk to an npc that does not want an enter to proceed it will wait 5 seconds and close.

If you're fighting and the monster says something (for example Odin or some Ambuscade monsters) it will display for 5 seconds and close.

Pressing enter will always close the window before it auto times out in 5 seconds.

Turn off enternity or it will just skip the bubbles along obviously.

Download the zip, put the folder in your windower addon folder and start it by typing

//lua l balloonblue

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o4Epm3bi31jlQBT1sviPGOKOS8xgfWNx/view?usp=sharing
[+]
 Asura.Kronikx
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kronikx 2022-04-10 17:00:30  
Sweet! I remember seeing this addon a long time ago as a very early Alpha WiP, I had given up on actually getting to use it.

Thanks alot RadialArcana
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-04-10 21:57:21  
There any plans to make more backgrounds? If no, what size window do I have to make to be lazy and rip a screenshot to mod it myself?
By Hopalong 2022-04-11 15:41:54  
Hmm, how do I prevent the old chat lines from showing up at the bottom of the screen?

Quote:
The text is still displayed in the normal chat log.

Oh... nvm...

Next Question, I changed text size in the lua but it didn't respond despite reloading, any suggestions?
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2022-04-11 16:21:22  
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
There any plans to make more backgrounds? If no, what size window do I have to make to be lazy and rip a screenshot to mod it myself?
Looks like you'd just have to replace the balloon.png file with a different one at 760x145.

Hopalong said: »
Hmm, how do I prevent the old chat lines from showing up at the bottom of the screen?

Quote:
The text is still displayed in the normal chat log.

Oh... nvm...

Next Question, I changed text size in the lua but it didn't respond despite reloading, any suggestions?
Either delete the data/settings.xml file, or change the text size in that file, then reload.
 Asura.Egobrane
サーバ: Asura
user: Egobranne
By Asura.Egobrane 2022-04-12 09:18:01  
This is awesome. The story for FFXI has always been a bit more difficult for me to follow because the NPC dialogue gets intermingled with yell and LS spam. Definitely going to try this out, thanks!
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-04-26 11:46:24  
Can someone familiar with the site submit this addon to the windower pulls request github for addition to the launcher?

https://github.com/Windower/Lua/pulls