言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » April 2022 Version Update
April 2022 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31
By SimonSes 2022-04-20 01:36:47  
Crossover with FFXIV. The huge Anniversary thing is FFXIV will now have -50% discount if you have FFXI sub ;)
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-04-20 01:37:14  
[+]
By llAKs0nll 2022-04-20 01:55:55  
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Thanks to Asura.Iamaman
Iamaman, of Diabolos to Asura, I /salute you. GJ
[+]
By Manque 2022-04-20 01:56:42  
-In celebration of the UT x FINAL FANTASY Collaboration, please enjoy this special gift courtesy of the FINAL FANTASY XI team!≺Possible Special Code: 00≻

"UT" is the company making the new shirts we saw leak from Nintendo Life.

This message implies there's an upcoming crossover event. Due to the FFXI shirt showing off the Arc Angels, it seems like logging in will get you the newly implemented Arc Shield.

The shield makes sense because it's connected to the Ark Angels and that's who is on the t-shirt, but I would have thought the item would be an in-game t-shirt given Uniqlo is a clothing company. Never really liked the t-shirts so hope it's the shield but not that enthused about the shield either...
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-04-20 02:06:30  
Manque said: »
-In celebration of the UT x FINAL FANTASY Collaboration, please enjoy this special gift courtesy of the FINAL FANTASY XI team!≺Possible Special Code: 00≻

"UT" is the company making the new shirts we saw leak from Nintendo Life.

This message implies there's an upcoming crossover event. Due to the FFXI shirt showing off the Arc Angels, it seems like logging in will get you the newly implemented Arc Shield.

The shield makes sense because it's connected to the Ark Angels and that's who is on the t-shirt, but I would have thought the item would be an in-game t-shirt given Uniqlo is a clothing company. Never really liked the t-shirts so hope it's the shield but not that enthused about the shield either...

We talked about that on stream. The shield is an assumption, but it would make no sense to push this update and not also include a shirt tonight too. If a shirt was the item then they would have waited for the next update to add these lines to each zone.

PS: We compared the jp version of the shield to the other Ark items, and we believe the spelling on the English version is an error. It should be Ark to match the other items. All jp Ark items are spelt arc.
By Aoibhe 2022-04-20 02:43:09  
A localisation issue? I am shocked
 Asura.Briko
サーバ: Asura
user: briko
By Asura.Briko 2022-04-20 06:12:16  
So 6hr to inplement a shield and some diologue?
By SimonSes 2022-04-20 06:25:05  
Asura.Briko said: »

6hr? It was 1.5hr maint. Am I missing something?
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-04-20 06:40:55  
Disappointing for sure, but the real question is: why couldn't this have waited until the regular monthly update?
 Asura.Briko
By Asura.Briko 2022-04-20 06:42:27  
SimonSes said: »

Time moves slower in the real world.
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-04-20 07:11:29  
I assume the 3 out of 9 lives remaining- comment is in reference to whatever the giant beast is in the VR story line. Aka you have to kill all of the 9 forms it was split into to progress the story.

But I could also be just inventing connections based on small numbers that are frequently used. 9 lives and cats isn't very uncommon and the assumption is that was said by a mithra.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-04-20 07:21:46  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
I assume the 3 out of 9 lives remaining- comment is in reference to whatever the giant beast is in the VR story line. Aka you have to kill all of the 9 forms it was split into to progress the story.
reminds me of the monthly repeatable silver voucher NMs that you get added as you progress through the story. I think theres 9 of those currently?
 Asura.Briko
By Asura.Briko 2022-04-20 08:05:35  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »

But I could also be just inventing connections based on small numbers that are frequently used. 9 lives and cats isn't very uncommon and the assumption is that was said by a mithra.

There are 9 fomors in Odins cohort. 9 wings of einherjar.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-04-20 08:17:05  
I wouldn't look too much into the other lines. It's probably from other content like campaign, and it just got pushed around or slightly altered to make room.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2022-04-20 08:35:02  
We all had that wishful thinking attitude. But after all it is SE we we're talking about.
 Siren.Bruno
サーバ: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2022-04-20 08:46:58  
SimonSes said: »

Time moves slower in the real world.

technically 37.5 hour maint in Vana time
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-04-20 08:55:59  
Quote:
The shield is an assumption, but it would make no sense to push this update and not also include a shirt tonight too.

There are no new equipment .dats today, so if there is a shirt coming our way it'll have to be part of the next patch. Here's what the shield looks like if anyone's interested. Not bad tbh.

By Autherius 2022-04-20 09:40:16  
Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Disappointing for sure, but the real question is: why couldn't this have waited until the regular monthly update?

Well, I'm thinking the May update might be pretty big if they do even a fraction of what they said they had planned. Update/rebalance of all jobs, Empy +3, etc. So if they plan on dropping even a little bit it might have been too large of an update. Then again, it could be they want to launch the 20th right away without having to interrupt the game.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-04-20 10:29:30  
Just to be clear, the comment about x of nine lives wasn't changed, diff is primarily used for comparing patches and so it includes context around what was changed. Only lines with a preceding --- or +++ were changed (which funk bolded).

The lines around the nine lives in Reisenjima are:

Around five out of nine lives rrremaining!≺Prompt≻

Around seven out of nine lives rrremaining!≺Prompt≻

Around three out of nine lives rrremaining...≺Prompt≻

I only compared 3 zones (Bastok Markets, East Ronfaure (S), Reisenjima), it looks like ~600 total files were changed, but the same line was changed in all 3. It's possible some zone in the list got changes the others didn't, but I don't have a programmatic way to export them all.

Bahamut.Belkin said: »

Probably going to kick off the event prior to next months update. It's also possible they pushed some server side stuff that wasn't accompanied by a client update.
[+]
 Asura.Briko
By Asura.Briko 2022-04-20 12:10:27  
The messeges are to support the new 9v9 PVP features across all zones.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2022-04-20 16:47:09  
Asura.Iamaman said: »
Around five out of nine lives rrremaining!≺Prompt≻

Around seven out of nine lives rrremaining!≺Prompt≻

Around three out of nine lives rrremaining...≺Prompt≻
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2022-04-20 16:59:58  
Bruh, you lame if you can't even get a relic to drop. Gotta level up your chest skills.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-04-21 17:34:34  
Sroda Tathlum does not seem to work on Drain (and by extension Aspir).

I first did a good number of non-Tathlum drains until I pinned down the range well enough. I got 194-379, which given how Drain works, means the range is somewhere between 190-380 and 194-392.

Assuming an even distribution, there would be a roughly 1/25 chance of a cast going over the normal limit if it worked (1/10 chance of proccing, and a slightly less than 4/10 chance of the cast being high enough within the normal range for the boost to go above the normal high limit). I cast Drain 150 times with not a single one of them going above 380, let alone 392.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-21 17:58:11  
Can they Crit I?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-04-21 18:03:27  
No, though that could have been because Drain and Aspir do not benefit from MAB, and Magic Crit I was just +10 MAB when it activated.

Magic Crit II is just a 1.25 multiplier that is reported to work on stuff Magic Crit I doesn't (like Enspells), so I thought there was a decent chance it'd work. It's still possible that it works, and I just got very unlucky on my testing.
By Rips 2022-04-21 22:34:22  
Alright, here we go. I finished my Mars Orbs for the month and these are the results. 220 Mars Orbs used:

82 Copper Voucher's (37%)
33 SP Gobbie Key's (15%)
53 Apple Juice (24%)
40 Orange Juice (18%)
12 Refreshed Mars Orbs (5%)

Also, of the orbs popped only 2 sets of chests spawned with a rainbow box when I entered.
[+]
By Aoibhe 2022-04-21 23:04:06  
Get anything good?
By Rips 2022-04-21 23:13:31  
Aoibhe said: »
Get anything good?

Sold them all. People got stuff.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31