users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » FFXI Crossover Event with Granblue Fantasy
FFXI Crossover Event with Granblue Fantasy
 Cerberus.Rakil
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Elsia
By Cerberus.Rakil 2022-05-09 05:25:58  
I'm playing through the crossover right now, and honestly I think it's the 20th anni content I would have wanted. Far more heartfelt than FFXIV's Alzadaal-themed dungeon. Even Iroha is a lot more likeable than in the XIV event she stars in, the Maiden's Rhapsody: she really feels like Tenzen's daughter and she has a voice actor.

For example:
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-09 06:24:52  
Things like that just reminds me of MobiusFF and open that wound again ; ;
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-09 10:40:36  
Ff11 enjoyers on reddit

Also mobius was amazing and the fact that they shut it down is the biggest sin in all of gacha gaming

YouTube Video Placeholder

Certified BANGER and it's just a *** shame that gems like this have been lost forever...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-05-10 16:45:46  
Does granblue have voice acting? Combined with windower, one can theoretically add voice acting to in game trusts.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-05-10 17:48:57  
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
Does granblue have voice acting? Combined with windower, one can theoretically add voice acting to in game trusts.
It does. Characters like Iroha and Lilisette have voice acting in the game.
By waffle 2022-05-10 21:07:44  
I decided to watch some of the cutscenes on youtube, and is it just me, or was this crossover written to be a character piece about Aby Prishe?

Cerberus.Rakil
user: Elsia
By Cerberus.Rakil 2022-05-13 16:37:25  
waffle said: »
I decided to watch some of the cutscenes on youtube, and is it just me, or was this crossover written to be a character piece about Aby Prishe?

That's exactly what it is. From an interview with the producer, Yuito Kimura:

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »

It's pretty epic to do. Prishe and Shantotto's VAs have been voicing them since the PSP Dissidia games in case you remember those too, so it's a blast.

Hopefully we get a second crossover for the remaining characters. They all have voice actors from Opera Omina.
By waffle 2022-05-14 09:24:22  
Cerberus.Rakil said: »
That's exactly what it is. From an interview with the producer, Yuito Kimura:

Nice. On a small note, I was amused that Aby Prishe knows about the events of A Shantotto Ascension, suggesting that it takes place before CoP.
By llAKs0nll 2022-05-15 11:56:42  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Is this real?

I have watched the anime. I enjoyed it. It was extremely FFXI-esque.

Definitely didn't pick up the JP only gatcha or the fighting game. Missed opportunity is how I always saw it.
I did some research on such being I only heard of the GranBlue franchise up until recently alrdy knowing such as being another one of those JP only games that never gets localization outside of Japan.

Apparently GranBlue was created by SquareEnix Devs that worked on past Final Fantasy games.
” …..first released in Japan in March 2014. The game is notable for reuniting music composer Nobuo Uematsu and art director Hideo Minaba, who previously collaborated on Final Fantasy V (1992), Final Fantasy VI (1994), Final Fantasy IX (2000) and Lost Odyssey (2007).”

Very cool collaboration IMO just knowing such. GranBlue has a lot in common w/ Xenogears / Xenosaga apparently since both were created by old SquareEnix Devs.
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Ff11 enjoyers on reddit

Idk how everyone else feels about this but…. FFXI is definitely THE GREATEST game in the Final Fantasy Franchise IMO at least so seeing those downvotes puts a smile on my face.
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-05-15 15:17:15  
There is an anime on Netflix for it. It's pretty hard nostolgia for traditional FF themes. I really enjoyed it.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-05-18 13:05:52  
SPOILERS BELOW

I watched the whole crossover story a few days ago, it's aimed at a much younger audience and it's a mobile game so as long as you take it for what it is it's kind of nice all the same. You can tell the developers of this game really love XI, they put so much effort into this. The whole thing is 7-8 chapters.

Prishe from Abyssea (no head ornament), Prishe/Ulmia from Vana, Lillisette, Shantoto, Iroha, Cait Sith and Promathia (Shinryu form) are all in the story. As well as characters from other franchises, they come together after being dragged into this new world and help fight off Abyssea monsters attacking a village in the sky kingdoms.

Basically, what happened in Aby is happening in this sky kingdom. Shinryu is sending out his minions to kill people and that is allowing him to absorb them into himself to become stronger.

Shantoto was not dragged there but somehow opens some kind of communication tunnel and so can create doll replicas of herself in this world for various reasons, she creates a massive duplicate of herself and along with Vana prishe they defend the city from the monsters while the others goto fight Shinryu. They really dialed shantoto upto 11 in this, it's hilarious to hear her say the names of all the ancient magics tho.

They are trying to fight Shinryu (promathia), but just as happened before in Abyssea they can't win against him because he is too powerful and so just like with Aby they need one persons help to win. At a point where they are about to be beaten, Caitsith tells everyone to all hold up their traverser stones. That allows the adventurer (you from ff11) to come into their world to help take down Shinryu. You form up with Lillisette to create the wings of the goddess and that blast weakens Shinryu.

ngl got me in the feels when Iroha shouted master!

YouTube Video Placeholder

The whole set is on the channel but this shows the best part of it, watch from 21 minutes on.
[+]
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2022-05-18 13:21:28  
I just think it's really neat that they used Abyssea Prishe. It shows they understood the source material.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-05-18 15:59:01  
Probably should be putting the entire ending of the event in spoiler tags for people that haven’t seen it yet.