フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Solo Exemplar Points
Solo Exemplar Points
 Bahamut.Sobius
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2022-01-04 13:30:08  
Hey All,

I was wondering in 2022 where/how people recommend doing solo examplar points on BLU. I have a well-Geared BLU mage with almost all spells, but sadly my playtime doesn't jive well with hour-long parties anymore for CP/examplar points. Anyone have any recommendations that have worked well for them in the past?

Thanks in advance.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-04 13:42:04  
BLU should be able to rip apart Poxhounds or Skeletons in Inner Ra'Kaznar Court. You probably could venture in deeper and do Gargoyles. I did them for some trials on Ninja and they were not hard at all, but in a creepy spot of the zone. Don't recall what the EP gained from them were, but it should be on par with poxhounds.
By Shichishito 2022-01-20 11:18:01  
i went to promivion emptiness zones near the teleport craigs, the apex wanderers yielded around 500-550 exemplar points each iirc.
i don't know how it compares to other spots but you can solo those just fine on BLU.
bring ACC food and maybe use ACC hybrid or full ACC set cause they seem pretty evasive, i think they also have a pretty strong evasion buff that they like to spam so you probably want to dispel it.
 Carbuncle.Arakon
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-01-21 10:08:14  
This is a fairly useful guide on the mobs to target based on their evasion.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Apex_Monster

Should probably compare the killing speed, since you are gonna get accuracy buffs from Trusts instead of attack for high evasion mobs, slowing down the kills.

Personally I started in Woh Gates then moved to Outer Ra'Kaznar.

I was spamming Expiacion with TP bonus offhand at 1000TP after setting up AM3. Pretty fast kills averaging 1+ min.
[+]
 Siren.Hillclimb
サーバ: Siren
user: Hillclimb
By Siren.Hillclimb 2022-01-21 10:44:25  
Ive ML20'd war/sam/cor in segment farms alone. If you have an aggressive high paced group, you'll master level in there on one job in no time.
 Asura.Jdove
サーバ: Asura
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2022-01-21 11:26:27  
Siren.Hillclimb said: »
Ive ML20'd war/sam/cor in segment farms alone. If you have an aggressive high paced group, you'll master level in there on one job in no time.
While this will work for the jobs you listed you can't do this for every job on account people will only use the same 6 jobs in there. So if it's on a job that isn't whm cor brd sam war tank or something this isn't going to work, most people won't let you do it. Which also sucks because there is little incentive to EXP the jobs people do use in there outside of seg farms, making whm, brd, and cor harder to find for regular cp parties.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-21 11:39:04  
Asura.Jdove said: »
Siren.Hillclimb said: »
While this will work for the jobs you listed you can't do this for every job on account people will only use the same 6 jobs in there. So if it's on a job that isn't whm cor brd sam war tank or something this isn't going to work, most people won't let you do it, which also sucks because there is little incentive to level the jobs people do use in there outside of seg farms making whm, brd, and cor harder to find for regular cp parties.

Statics will let you come whatever you want, provided you add similar productivity to the group. a really good RDM or SCH can heal seg farms, for example. NIN DRG DRK BLU are all competent DD jobs to fill that role. You might struggle with DNC because of lack of weapon types, but you could make it work. BST, though a weaker job, still has access to Savage Blade, so it can perform decently. Same with THF.
 Siren.Hillclimb
サーバ: Siren
user: Hillclimb
By Siren.Hillclimb 2022-01-21 12:27:09  
It was just a recommendation for his BLU. Not a generalization if ML20ing jobs. I havent played my BLU in there yet, but i imagine maxentius and savage make it competitive.

And he can always shout a seg PUG /shrug
 Asura.Topace
サーバ: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-01-21 13:05:54  
He could always do the CJ method in there.

But Hounds are a great spot if you can hit them .
By RadialArcana 2022-01-21 13:38:52  
You can get them in the same places you got your CP, you're not going to hit them in prom areas solo. Even if you can it's not worth it since they spam evasion and def moves so takes too long.