Any Social Aussie Or Eng-speaking JP LS?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Bismarck » Any Social Aussie or Eng-speaking JP LS?
Any Social Aussie or Eng-speaking JP LS?
 Bismarck.Xavros
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: JasTx
By Bismarck.Xavros 2021-08-20 10:54:52  
Hello, I'm a newb who recently started playing. Unfortunately, majority of the people who're on at the times I play are JPs and I don't know much Japanese, and with English LS, the only ones I've found seem to be NA ones. I can't afford to wake up by 5 or 7AM to do events in the future, even if it's gonna take me quite a while to hit that stage.

I probs picked the wrong server but I'm not super willing to move since I've made quite a few friends here already. If there are no Aussie LS, would just be cool to make a few friends here, no matter the timezone ( ´ ▿ ` )
Cheers!
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-08-20 21:10:38  
I know some Australian people on Odin and honestly have no idea what they do.

Most NA LS events I know run between 6-10pm EST. :(

I think the time frame issue depends on what your goal is. Such as if you are looking to do Large man content like Dyna-D or Omen, or small-man like Odyssey or Ambuscade.

Because I see Na yells for Ody and Ambu up until 3am EST some nights, but never Omen nor Dyna-D as it is mostly LS content.
 Bismarck.Xavros
By Bismarck.Xavros 2021-08-21 03:30:58  
Ah I see, those NA players will probs be super tired though hahaha.
Hmm... yeah my main concern was not having anyone to do larger content with in the future other than the JPs, and while the group I know are super friendly (they're not the JP ONRY! sort), it's tough to communicate with my noob Japanese and auto-translate isn't always reliable.
Basically all of the yells around my playtime are JP yells. I don't think I've ever seen a pure English yell that doesn't use the auto-translate, but then again those people might just be willing to communicate with the auto-translate.

Seeing as most of the Aussies appear to be on Asura or Phoenix, I might end up moving if all my friends suddenly drop the game. That's most likely ages away though.

Thanks for the info!
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-08-21 03:34:05  
Bismarck.Xavros said: »
Ah I see, those NA players will probs be super tired though hahaha.
Hmm... yeah my main concern was not having anyone to do larger content with in the future other than the JPs, and while the group I know are super friendly (they're not the JP ONRY! sort), it's tough to communicate with my noob Japanese and auto-translate isn't always reliable.
Basically all of the yells around my playtime are JP yells. I don't think I've ever seen a pure English yell that doesn't use the auto-translate, but then again those people might just be willing to communicate with the auto-translate.

Seeing as most of the Aussies appear to be on Asura or Phoenix, I might end up moving if all my friends suddenly drop the game. That's most likely ages away though.

Thanks for the info!

I'd see if Asura has a group of Australians playing over there. I know that server is the largest for English speakers anyway.

Asura is kinda "known" as the RMT / Merc server tho, so I cannot promise that the culture will be as friendly as your current one.

Oh and don't disqualify auto-translate shouts. I personally use it because I am far too lazy to type out "Looking for members" each time lol.
[+]
 Bismarck.Vashkoda
user: Vashkoda
By Bismarck.Vashkoda 2021-08-21 03:45:34  
It seems Australia is 17 hours ahead of PST. You say you don’t want to wake up at 6am your time (which would be 1pm PST or 4pm EST, which wouldn’t be typical NA event times anyway). There is a group of EU players that might run their events that early, which might be what you’re thinking of. Otherwise depending on what your school or work schedule is like, if you get home by 5pm, that’s midnight PST, which is right around when the last NA events typically conclude (our ls, Umbral, may have the latest running NA events on the server, and we do finish around that time). If you’re free on a weekend though, you should have no trouble finding English-speaking players, of course. Since you’re a day ahead, you might even be online for our Friday dynamis-divergence runs (which would start around 2pm your time Saturday), whenever you feel you’re ready for end-game events (we do shout for people outside the ls to fill up the alliance). Other days of the week we do occasionally shout to fill groups for Omen, Odyssey, or Ambuscade, but it would be around that same time.
[+]
 Bismarck.Eder
user: Eder
By Bismarck.Eder 2021-08-21 04:42:29  
blurp* just finish dinner - 7:42 PM :P
[+]
 Bismarck.Xavros
By Bismarck.Xavros 2021-08-21 09:09:49  
Odin.Senaki said: »
I'd see if Asura has a group of Australians playing over there. I know that server is the largest for English speakers anyway.

Asura is kinda "known" as the RMT / Merc server tho, so I cannot promise that the culture will be as friendly as your current one.

Oh and don't disqualify auto-translate shouts. I personally use it because I am far too lazy to type out "Looking for members" each time lol.

Ah yeah, have heard about Asura's culture lol - main reason I didn't jump straight in. That's fair too :D

Bismarck.Vashkoda said: »
It seems Australia is 17 hours ahead of PST. You say you don’t want to wake up at 6am your time (which would be 1pm PST or 4pm EST, which wouldn’t be typical NA event times anyway). There is a group of EU players that might run their events that early, which might be what you’re thinking of. Otherwise depending on what your school or work schedule is like, if you get home by 5pm, that’s midnight PST, which is right around when the last NA events typically conclude (our ls, Umbral, may have the latest running NA events on the server, and we do finish around that time). If you’re free on a weekend though, you should have no trouble finding English-speaking players, of course. Since you’re a day ahead, you might even be online for our Friday dynamis-divergence runs (which would start around 2pm your time Saturday), whenever you feel you’re ready for end-game events (we do shout for people outside the ls to fill up the alliance). Other days of the week we do occasionally shout to fill groups for Omen, Odyssey, or Ambuscade, but it would be around that same time.

Interesting... idk, it was a group that ran on PST and it was based on a weekend schedule so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ either it's a weekend thing or they were EU players.
I see :O! Thanks for the info, didn't realise the amount of options there actually was since it's hard to find times without joining an LS and leaving... very hard to do if there aren't many pearls on the concierge.

My weekends are pretty free but generally I don't get on until 4PM (~6PM on weekdays) - can try to free up more of my time in the future, since lockdown here atm is looking like it's gonna last past Christmas... >_>
 Bismarck.Xavros
By Bismarck.Xavros 2021-08-21 09:10:21  
Bismarck.Eder said: »
blurp* just finish dinner - 7:42 PM :P