Sahagin Ambuscade V1
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-07-15 14:20:03  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
You want the tank to be building hate on the add you are fighting
Honestly, the only reason I even bother bringing a tank on Difficult is so the DDs aren't being hit by Finale from the boss, though I've been considering just having the GEO go /PLD to Sentinel upon aggro to get the boss's attention to eat up Finales/Elegies etc. and make room for either another DD or a COR. It's not a big deal if a DD has hate on the adds they're fighting provided they're running a hybrid set and you have Wilt from a GEO.

Adds spam the hell out of hate resets, anyway.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2021-07-15 19:30:36  
nobody feeling comfortable on VD yet I'm guessing? Not that I expect it or anything, this is just the quietest ambu thread I've seen in a while
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-15 19:38:48  
I mean, there's really nothing to discuss. No changes, just the same ***same general strat. There's a vid, watch the vid, that's it. done and done.

No gimmicks for avoiding level up, no real way to do anything special just sleep enthunder and melee. Can't really do anything other than that or get more in depth, that's it.

Only thing to do is post *** measuring how I killed it faster than you and you should copy my party posts. which is just "this jobs better than that job" and "this weapon is better than that weapon". It's better without tbh.
[+]
By eeternal 2021-07-17 12:31:30  
YouTube Video Placeholder

3 minutes clear, impressive.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-17 12:39:13  
They're well organized, getting enough ws's in one window so it doesn't level up 10 times.

Higher bar than most can achieve. But impressive indeed.

(and they were all super close to death all at like 100 hp at one point)
 Odin.Karizo
サーバ: Odin
user: Karizo
By Odin.Karizo 2021-07-17 12:42:33  
eeternal said: »

3 minutes clear, impressive.

WAR WAR COR BRD GEO SCH

Rolls: Alliance Samurai

Bubbles: Indi-Wilt, Geo-Frailty, Entrust Indi-Haste

Songs: Lightning Carol I, Honor March, Madrigal x2 (Ballad x2 for support)

SCH: AoE Pro/Shell, Regen 5, Phalanx, Enthunder, Thunderstorm II
(Note in the video: the warriors had +phalanx receive gear, recycled mostly from PLD)

Execution:

Nothing too surprising, the basic idea of silencing the boss while burning through adds as fast as possible, a few small details from the texts that I can interpret:

• GEO/SCH/BRD have debuffs that are assigned to, so as soon as cleansing bubble goes off, you will instantly have 3 debuffs on (I saw Elegy from BRD, slow from someone else, then just pick something else)

• They don't bother with the WHM, there isn't enough DPS to burn through all the adds anyways, just leave the WHM untouched

• One key thing is, the bubble cleanse in this video lined up REALLY well with when they start/kill an add, so the result will be varying depending on how well your DPS output lines up with the bubble cleanse timer

I'll try to read through more and provide more context
[+]
By regist 2021-07-17 16:09:32  
[+]
By Draylo 2021-07-17 19:35:55  
Ragnarok.Jukiro said: »
nobody feeling comfortable on VD yet I'm guessing? Not that I expect it or anything, this is just the quietest ambu thread I've seen in a while

Most of the forum been quiet this month, theres even a new exploit thread that barely moves. Maybe they all on vacation, mine is in a few weeks!
By eeternal 2021-07-18 02:23:28  
regist said: »
Pet is immune to charm?
By regist 2021-07-18 10:22:21  
Yes, pets are not fascinated
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-18 10:46:37  
That's pretty smart. No level ups if no silence and negates the charm. Just have to buff/gear to compensate for mambos.

Dispelga and dark shots making mambo moot
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-18 11:42:09  
7 minute VD. RDM GEO BRD COR PUP WHM(?). JP showing off their superior intellect of game mechanics.
By suuhja 2021-07-18 12:59:53  
is a scholar
[+]
By eeternal 2021-07-18 18:13:14  
surprisingly, I resisted soul voice charm on whm for at least ~3-5 times. Still not as effective and efficient as the PUP method, but been contemplating charm resist gear, does anybody know if that's effective?
By Nariont 2021-07-18 20:16:12  
it would be halved so youd need quite a bit for it to be effective to the point youd likely be better off just loading up on meva/light resist
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-18 22:39:03  
RDM can use Addle II to make it less accurate.
By Ruaumoko 2021-07-19 02:53:42  
Interesting thing about the Automaton being used to avoid Soul Voice Virelai. All you need is the Strobe I & II and the Flashbulb, the rest of the loadout can be anything. I'd personally use the Soulsoother (WHM) for more security in heals; it's not like the BRD is going to be attacking the Automaton so just Deploy and let it heal.
[+]
 Asura.Alseyn
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2021-07-19 07:45:49  
regist said: »

Here's what the narration says, before someone does OCR -> Google Translate. This is mostly verbatim with a couple of bits I tweaked to make things more specific so that it makes sense while you're not reading the text as part of the video.

More Ambuscade this month, Sahagins on Very Difficult this time.
VD adds a Sea Monk-type monster [Chirurgeon] and the boss will start using Virelai too.
To deal with this, we use a PUP automaton to grab hate on the boss and nullify Virelai.

Support and composition looks like this:

=============
Jobs:
PUP/PLD
COR/NIN
RDM/NIN
BRD/NIN
SCH/RDM
GEO/WHM

Songs: Honour March, Madrigal, Scherzo, Lightning Carol 1
Ballad on GEO and SCH
Rolls: Crooked Samurai, Chaos
Geomancy: Indi-Frailty, Geo-Wilt, Entrust Fury
[Not mentioned explicitly, but shown in the battle log: Enthunder/Phalanx for the party from SCH.]
=============

(We had 3 actual players, so our buffing is a little slow here.)

After we're done getting ready, the PUP runs in and gathers up the mobs using Sentinel, and the BRD uses Lullaby while NiTro is still up.
Once the pack has been slept, stick to the side of the boss and kill in the order of Sea Monk [Chirurgeon] > MNK [Wavefist] > MNK [Wavefist].
RDM casts Distract and Dia 3 on the current target, with the PUP joining the attack while leaving the automaton on the boss.

The automaton can just regularly cast Flash and Provoke, so prioritise DPS gear for the master.
Keep the automaton from dying by casting Repair when its HP gets to 20%-30%.
If you're unlucky and it dies, you might be able to recover if you immediately resummon it, have it attack the boss and use Light Manouevres.
COR, RDM, and BRD spam Savage Blade. PUP uses Shijin, and with a bit of luck might open Light.

The MNK enemies have Guard and Counter, so spread out on each side as much as you can while attacking.
...That's what we were going for, but we ended up facing it from the same direction. :V

Once the GEO has put their geomancy up, regularly cast Dispelga and support healing.
Bear in mind that when Geo-Wilt goes, you'll suddenly take a lot more damage, so you should probably keep an eye on your Luopan to make sure it doesn't break.

After defeating the first two MNK enemies, we wait for the Chirurgeon we defeated first to repop.
...That's what we were going for, but the PUP blew up one of the DRGs [Flowspear] with Shijin, so we killed that first.
With Wilt up, you'll get by even if you have an extra monster bashing you from the side, so we prioritised killing the DRG we accidentally hit and getting it out of the way.

The Chirurgeon has an annoying frontal cleave with heavy/knockback, so don't clump up too much in front of it.

We're approaching the fight this way because of the jobs we were able to field, but it looks like there's better options for burning the enemies down that you could cut down the time with.
The basics of the fight are pretty simple, so we were able to get through it reliably.
Thanks for watching.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2021-07-21 19:19:53  
Did VD with the PUP method: PUP DRG COR BRD SMN (heal and spam Shock Squall) GEO.

Lightning damage removes 350 TP per hit on them, the amount of damage dealt doesn't matter at all actually.
They instantly retaliate against WSs that deal more than 10k with a TP move. 10k thunder attacks also triggers TP moves.
They level down when the Songstress is not silenced and they are no longer being attacked / taking damage for a few seconds.
They have low defense and not just DT+. Attack seems capped with Indi-Frailty and Chaos or Minuet.
Jumping Thrust is a JA, they don't have regain but the DRGs immediately use a move if their target is out of range.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-07-21 22:24:30  
eeternal said: »
Pet is immune to charm?
Of course pets are immune to charm you ever see a pet turn on a player?
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-07-21 22:38:09  
Asura.Jdove said: »
you ever see a pet turn on a player?
SMN pets wake up mobs I'm trying to keep slept all the time.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-07-22 12:12:48  
yeah, SMN pets are like

24/7
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-07-23 06:18:26  
Bismarck.Sterk said: »
That's not what I was talking about, i was talking more about a pup's pet regarding charm, but same goes for all pets. As far as SMN goes though its easily avoidable if you know how to control your avatars.
 Lakshmi.Cesil
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-07-23 09:27:38  
Bismarck.Sterk said: »

I have this problem as well. I manage my pets best to my ability but they always want to go after slept mobs even when I spam" retreat" Also ty for the D strat, works quite well ^^
 Odin.Karizo
サーバ: Odin
user: Karizo
By Odin.Karizo 2021-07-26 11:51:37  

Party Composition:
WAR/SAM x2
COR/NIN
GEO/WHM
BRD/WHM
RDM/SCH

Buffs
GEO - Indi-Wilt, Geo-Frailty, Entrust STR/Vex
BRD - Honor, Madrigal x2, Lightning Carol (I, I presume)
COR - Samurai / Alliance (not part of the buff list, had to read through chat)
RDM - Accession Barthunder, Haste II, Phalanx II, Refresh III, Accession Regen II

Execution
RDM Manifestation Break (with Saboteur) to engage
WARs provoke the songstress
Kill order: WHM DRGx2(simultaneously) MNK MNK Manta Boss
The idea is to kill everything before repop, and killing the boss during adds downtime
GEO and BRD were curing and dispelling
I saw RDM using impact to land silence on boss
Boss is silenced before Mambo goes off (one of the notes)

Conclusion:
All in all, sounds straightforward, but I am sure is hard to execute, have fun lol
[+]
 Asura.Aller
user: AsAller
By Asura.Aller 2021-07-28 23:06:22  
Does anyone have a sudden lunge set that will land on Difficult? Having bit of a hard time landing, was missing physical accuracy and then I think overshot on that and the magical part wasn't landing.
By Draylo 2021-07-29 02:01:08  
So anyone wanna point out that its "too hard" to do on VD and you cant just spam savage blade to win? Thought that was the thing
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-07-29 04:21:49  
Draylo said: »
So anyone wanna point out that its "too hard" to do on VD and you cant just spam savage blade to win? Thought that was the thing
But Muh Savage's! You demand to much of ppl that they should use inbuilt game mechanics like Skillchains etc, when they can just spam ws for pure high wsavg parse numbers...