Survive With Souleater And Dacnomania?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Survive with Souleater and Dacnomania?
Survive with Souleater and Dacnomania?
By Felgarr 2021-06-12 23:22:34  
Is it possible to survive with Souleater active and Dacnomania equiped? Sure, it's probably a gimmick ...but if it's a situation that exists and can be geared for, I'm willing to try it. I guess the answer is just keep Blood Weapon up one iteration of Souleater, and that's it? :/

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Dacnomania
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-06-12 23:51:25  
I'm gonna go buy the Agwu's Scythe tomorrow since I'm not dirt poor and in debt, and see if the description on it is accurate since it's a mini-Dacnomania and no one has bothered to check if it's working properly or borked. '-')
[+]
By Felgarr 2021-06-13 00:13:55  
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
I'm gonna go buy the Agwu's Scythe tomorrow since I'm not dirt poor and in debt, and see if the description on it is accurate since it's a mini-Dacnomania and no one has bothered to check if it's working properly or borked. '-')

This completely slipped my mind! I didn't realize Agwu's Scythe Had Stalwart Soul+20, I assume +20 is -2% so Stalwart Soul 4 gives 5% HP/hit -2% from +20. This yields a staggeringly low 3% HP/hit, but still adding +10%HP/hit (actually, it should 10%HP + whatever Souleater+20 means).

Is this is true (pending your tests), SE should just make Stalwart Soul+20/Soul Eater+20 a bonus that DRK gets natively at 2100 JP, through Group 2 merits or ...something.
By SimonSes 2021-06-13 01:49:07  
Dacnomania still only takes 5% hp. That being said I have no idea where that would be useful. It loses to rema even with 9999 hp.
 Asura.Jinbe
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Jinbe 2021-06-13 02:02:39  
i tried that once on wave3 boss when i MB drain3, it was fun but not sure if it worth it, since w/o 9k hp its kinda deadly lol
[+]
By Felgarr 2021-06-13 02:21:09  
SimonSes said: »
Dacnomania still only takes 5% hp. That being said I have no idea where that would be useful. It loses to rema even with 9999 hp.

I believe you, but I wish these assertions came with some proof or data (i.e. this weapon loses to a relic in 120 second of white damage). I know there's a lot of situation to consider....but is there truly no situation where this can come in handy?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-06-13 03:52:51  

Because it would be fun? I stopped giving a f*ck about what does the best dmg on the parse a long time ago when all content is too easy to conquer at the top end of gear to begin with.

Asura.Jinbe said: »
i tried that once on wave3 boss when i MB drain3, it was fun but not sure if it worth it, since w/o 9k hp its kinda deadly lol

It's random, but I'd say at least once every other Wave 3 clear I magically end up with 10K HP on whichever Disjoined my linkshell is fighting that week. So just doing something for absolutely silly white damage is kind of the point.

Only place you'd be able to do it reliably is on Apex for shwoing off and lol-Youtubing, and Altana knows the Japanese Purity Brigade is probably still lurking around looking for more victims.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-06-13 03:54:21  
Felgarr said: »

I believe you, but I wish these assertions came with some proof or data (i.e. this weapon loses to a relic in 120 second of white damage). I know there's a lot of situation to consider....but is there truly no situation where this can come in handy?

I calculated this somewhere when someone else mentioned that idea. I dont have time to do it again, especially that its very niche thing. It can only win in scenario where physical damage is very low (because you have no buffs and enemy have high defence for example), but also you at the same time can cast really high drain iii and also have WHM that can spam cure you, because you will still lose hp fast and you need to be as close to max HP as possible to keep Souleater damage high. Also you should use multihit WSs then (Entropy) and you will lose 20%-40% hp per Entropy (so in case if you have 9999HP, you will lose like 2000-4000 per Entropy).

If physical damage is neutral and attack is capped something like AM3 Caladbolg or Redemption will have almost the same white damage as 9999HP Dacnomania DRK being cured non stop and on top of that they will have much higher WS damage. Without high Drain III and WHM spam curing you, Dacnomania is pretty much useless for souleater strategy (unless you blood weapon). Also I heard mobs can have resistance to Souleater damage, but I have no info if that happens in current endgame, because I dont use Souleater at all.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-06-13 04:03:05  

I calculated this somewhere when someone else mentioned that idea. I dont have time to do it again, especially that its very niche thing. It can only win in scenario where physical damage is very low (because you have no buffs and enemy have high defence for example), but also you at the same time can cast really high drain iii and also have WHM that can spam cure you, because you will still lose hp fast and you need to be as close to max HP as possible to keep Souleater damage high. Also you should use multihit WSs then (Entropy) and you will lose 20%-40% hp per Entropy (so in case if you have 9999HP, you will lose like 2000-4000 per Entropy).

If physical damage is neutral and attack is capped something like AM3 Caladbolg or Redemption will have almost the same white damage as 9999HP Dacnomania DRK being cured non stop and on top of that they will have much higher WS damage. Without high Drain III and WHM spam curing you, Dacnomania is pretty much useless for souleater strategy (unless you blood weapon). Also I heard mobs can have resistance to Souleater damage, but I have no info if that happens in current endgame, because I dont use Souleater at all.

Given I was the person who was asking about whether anyone tested the weapon to see if it was functioning as intended or not and you came swinging in with napkin math to answer a question I didn't ask.

Here's the problem I see and I underlined it for you: You're too focused on what wins or what is best. All I'm interested in is what will bring me fun, enjoyment, and fulfillment. I m a g i n e. . .

Wave 3 boss is litterally the only content I get to cut loose and be a full blown Blood Knight like the job was intended. It's not like you'd use Soueater by itself... You would obviously use it with Blood Weapon so you don't die immediately from grabbing hate or just killing yourself from HP loss. Otherwise it's just a useless tool in an already antiquated toolbox any knowledgeable & responsible player wouldn't use.

And no, Wave 3 Disjoined bosses (nor much of anything in current content) don't have Souleater resistance. They stopped adding that trait to NMs by Voidwatch Era.
By SimonSes 2021-06-13 04:27:59  
Because it would be fun? I stopped giving a f*ck about what does the best dmg on the parse a long time ago when all content is too easy to conquer at the top end of gear to begin with.

I doubt if he is asking about this if he just want to do it for fun. If he wants to do it for fun, he can simply do it, because efficiency doesnt matter then and there is no point asking.

So just doing something for absolutely silly white damage is kind of the point.

The point is white damage is nothing really exceptional with Dacnomania on Wave 3 boss. Dacnomania with Souleater is 6500 dps white damage. Redemption AM3 is 6000 dps white damage and 6690 with Souleater. That 6500 is also only achievable with Blood Weapon, because without it after first round you drop below 6000DPS, then goes very fast down with every round after. You can have WHM spam curing you, but it still wont allow you to keep DPS that high, because WHM can only cure you once per ~4+ sec and you swing every 1.75sec.

Also imo Dacnomania Souleater white damage doesnt feel as fun as AM3 empy, because it doesnt have cool spikes of 10k+ per hit :P

If you are a fan of White Damage I suggest RNG now. I think AM3 Armageddon can crit for like 45k on second hit of Double Shot now with 25 stacks of Hover Shot :)
By SimonSes 2021-06-13 04:33:27  
Here's the problem I see and I underlined it for you: You're too focused on what wins or what is best. All I'm interested in is what will bring me fun, enjoyment, and fulfillment. I m a g i n e. . .

I only focus on mix maxing on forum, because I assume if someone asks of some mechanic, he asks about efficiency. In game I often do something just for fun, but I dont ask on forum if that works, because it completely doesnt matter, if my goal is only to have fun.

EDIT:

Also I have no idea why you even speculate, when this post made by Felgarr clearly points out that he is asking if that combo is useful for anything
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-06-13 04:42:42  

I doubt if he is asking about this if he just want to do it for fun. If he wants to do it for fun, he can simply do it, because efficiency doesnt matter then and there is no point asking.

Except that it started as a question of "Is it possible to survive with Souleater AND Blood Weapon?", to which the answer is yes as it has been proven previously pages and pages back on the Don't Fear the Reaper thread.

So just doing something for absolutely silly white damage is kind of the point.

The point is white damage is nothing really exceptional with Dacnomania on Wave 3 boss. Dacnomania with Souleater is 6500 dps white damage. Redemption AM3 is 6000 dps white damage and 6690 with Souleater. That 6500 is also only achievable with Blood Weapon, because without it after first round you drop below 6000DPS, then goes very fast down with every round after. You can have WHM spam curing you, but it still wont allow you to keep DPS that high, because WHM can only cure you once per ~4+ sec and you swing every 1.75sec.

Also imo Dacnomania Souleater white damage doesnt feel as fun as AM3 empy, because it doesnt have cool spikes of 10k+ per hit :P

If you are a fan of White Damage I suggest RNG now. I think AM3 Armageddon can crit for like 45k on second hit of Double Shot now with 25 stacks of Hover Shot :)

Thanks for picking one line and not reading the rest...

The tool is there, use it. If all someone wanted to do was use an Empyrean with AM3 up, they'd do that or in your most recent example, use RNG with Hover shot. AM3 Calad is boring as *** when you've cleared countless amounts of content with it.

Obviously, what I deem fun and you deem fun is going to differ, just please stop swinging in and telling people what wins on paper is the only thing to focus on.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-06-13 04:51:46  

Also I have no idea why you even speculate, when this post made by Felgarr clearly points out that he is asking if that combo is useful for anything

Who's the one speculating here when you posted napkin math to try and prove it doesn't do enough dmg to be worth using over normal means.
By SimonSes 2021-06-13 04:55:26  
Except that it started as a question of "Is it possible to survive with Souleater AND Blood Weapon?", to which the answer is yes as it has been proven previously pages and pages back on the Don't Fear the Reaper thread.

He havent said anything about Blood Weapon in his question if you want to be the precise. His first post suggest that he clearly knows that its possible with Blood Weapon.
I answered him first, then added what I think. I havent simply wrote my opinion without giving him answer first.

Obviously, what I deem fun and you deem fun is going to differ, just please stop swinging in and telling people what wins on paper is the only thing to focus on.

And you dont need to come swinging with your whining if you arent even the person asking the question. I think Felgarr is adult person and if he doesnt find my opinion useful he can write that himself. He literally asked about efficiency in his second post tho and you still try to force your narrative. There is block function on this forum if you have problem with my posts.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-06-13 05:00:31  
Who's the one speculating here when you posted napkin math to try and prove it doesn't do enough dmg to be worth using over normal means.

Im talking about speculating about what Felgarr wants to know and why. He havent said anything about doing it just for fun or just for efficiency, so I answered his question and added my opinion in case he wanted to know if thats efficient.

The math wasnt Napkin. Its based on real Redemption set and hits per round.

Like I said, if you have problem with me, there is a block function.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-06-13 05:03:30  

Im talking about speculating about what Felgarr wants to know and why. He havent said anything about doing it just for fun or just for efficiency, so I answered his question and added my opinion in case he wanted to know if thats efficient.

But where would I get my daily dose of rage juice without reading your ludicrous assumptions with math? :P
By SimonSes 2021-06-13 05:34:15  

But where would I get my daily dose of rage juice without reading your ludicrous assumptions with math? :P

Then stop whining, or I will cut you off of supplies :P
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-06-13 05:43:21  

Then stop whining, or I will cut you off of supplies :P

Don't threaten me with a good time. ~.^)
By SimonSes 2021-06-13 05:47:29  
Don't threaten me with a good time. ~.^)

Good time without experiencing the bad time doesnt taste as good :P
 Shiva.Humpo
サーバ: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2021-06-13 07:56:37  
Simon,
By chance, did you ever do the math for the Final Sickle?
I'm sure it's not going to pull ahead of anything, I'm mainly just curious about things like how long you could theoretically keep souleater up for and what that could add.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Final_Sickle
By SimonSes 2021-06-13 10:24:29  
Shiva.Humpo said: »
Simon,
By chance, did you ever do the math for the Final Sickle?
I'm sure it's not going to pull ahead of anything, I'm mainly just curious about things like how long you could theoretically keep souleater up for and what that could add.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Final_Sickle

Meh it's weak. Most you could extend Souleater is around 26 sec if you have amazing tp gain set and spam WS back to back. Damage added from Souleater without bonus like Dacnomania is really weak in current game where melee hits are doing few thousands damage. WSing would also still drop your HP by a lot, since this scythe only works for regular swings, so you still need healing if you not pair it with Blood Weapon.
By Felgarr 2021-06-13 10:59:02  
I want to point out for people who keep posting "Why do this?" or "why do that?": After 20 years of play and every REMA, and the slow rate at which content is released, all that's left for me to do is think up/gear up niche situations for the jobs I like to play most (especially as inventory allows).

In DRK's case, silly white or WS damage is where it's at. That is all.
By SimonSes 2021-06-13 11:15:40  
Then what you want is Redemption. Highest white damage with AM3 and highest WS spikes with 3000 Cross Reapers :)
 Shiva.Humpo
サーバ: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2021-06-13 11:27:10  
Only an extra 26 seconds at most.. damn, that's a bit of a shame. Thanks for confirming that for me.

It's a shame its only 1 second and not something like 5 seconds to help you "full time" it so you could be like "hey guyz check dis out! llololool"

Then what you want is Redemption. Highest white damage with AM3 and highest WS spikes with 3000 Cross Reapers :)

I finished my Redemption maybe a month or so ago. It just doesn't feel as powerful as torc spam but holy matchsticks batman, is it amusing to crit things for 10k.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-13 11:46:47  
It's okay that some things just don't do as much damage as other things (or is as good as a piece of another armor), but options exist for a reason. Play around with what you like, who cares what people think "why would you want to do this...". That's how you get interesting and unique niche sets that make you smile on occasion that you built it for the one time you could get use out of it. Play around, see what works, what doesn't, get creative with builds etc.

Don't have to always be a cookie cutter player, thinking outside the box improves your joy on some mundane tasks. I kind of liked eating a 3700 damage nuke from Fu on ninja and surviving it without Migawari. Was a cool moment.