users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » May 2021 Version Update
May 2021 Version Update
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-10 12:05:37  
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
As a not so useful FYI: Nyame Flanchard had a typo fixed last night that I missed. The stats were Magic burst damage +6 all along instead of Magic burst damage +5 like we had on the English version.

Are there any of examples of gear that shows different values between the JP + NA descriptions? Seems we would only ever know unless someone tested every item and stat, or if they told us.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-05-10 12:16:58  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
As a not so useful FYI: Nyame Flanchard had a typo fixed last night that I missed. The stats were Magic burst damage +6 all along instead of Magic burst damage +5 like we had on the English version.

Are there any of examples of gear that shows different values between the JP + NA descriptions? Seems we would only ever know unless someone tested every item and stat, or if they told us.

All the time. I do not run the gear through a comparison tool, so I just take what we are given.

Has anyone checked recipes for the Popo. con Queso or Seafood Gratin? Are we going to have to guess these recipes again like the omelet?
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-05-10 12:50:28  
Has anyone checked recipes for the Popo. con Queso or Seafood Gratin? Are we going to have to guess these recipes again like the omelet?

I was contacted by Atticusu on discord, the Popoto con Queso is level 73 and I added it to the wiki. The Seafood Gratin cannot be found from either NPC or the comprehensive list, so we are probably dealing with another Omelette Sandwich debacle.
[+]
 Sylph.Snk
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2021-05-10 13:14:20  
I'm seriously having a little bit of fun with Hover Shot. It's nowhere near as bad as I was expecting it to be. The damage boost is solid.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-05-10 14:04:33  
You can tell those who are most pissed off by Hover Shot are those who love to use the AutoRa addon. It gives players a reason to move during a fight, instead of acting like an immobile gun turret. Proper Archers never just stand there all day long, so it makes sense with the job to have an ability like this.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-05-10 14:10:04  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
You can tell those who are most pissed off by Hover Shot are those who love to use the AutoRa addon. It gives players a reason to move during a fight, instead of acting like an immobile gun turret. Proper Archers never just stand there all day long, so it makes sense with the job to have an ability like this.

I dont think so. It annoys people because this game has "interrupt mechanic" when you try to shot while moving. With 0 lag you can kinda do it by feel, but just a very little lag and you will get interrupted all the time if you will try to be efficient. Thats why its annoying, not because the requirement of move itself.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
サーバ: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2021-05-10 14:33:25  
Why is hover shot even a thing? I thought Ranger was designed to be a turret. Why do they wanna encourage movement?
By JudgeN 2021-05-10 15:47:46  
RadialArcana said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

DemXI video, not mine btw.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2mGFeIBdvO3zkCaDoBg1qQ

Give him a sub, he makes great rng videos/

They literally put a graphic glow effect on this new JA (on hands)

FFXI players: "this hover shot sucks, it's dumb"
FFXI players after they see their hands glow red: "this is fking awesome!"

This looks completely unfun to actually play, this game never been based around movement outside of thief SATA. Not sure why they thought it was a good idea to add at this stage in the game life. Can't imagine shooting and have to tap over for however long a fight is.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-10 15:50:49  
Let's be honest. It's an anti-bot measure, and they gave it a power boost so you don't throw a god damn hissy fit.

It stops people from wanting to auto-ra, it's not a great answer, but I think that's the intent. Punishment isn't always the only answer (why didn't they nerf ranged damage and buff it back as you move) Encouragement can work too, it's just rare.

*Full Boogie Man* They may even use it to detect you using Ja0, spooky! I wouldn't be entirely shocked if they try to get you to "play more" as in like... being active. Magic could use the same style boost. This is just their first stab at it.
[+]
By gojito 2021-05-10 15:55:14  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Let's be honest. It's an anti-bot measure, and they gave it a power boost so you don't throw a god damn hissy fit.
Yep ^

Also, I don't think the video pointed this out, but it looks like the Hover Shot effect also affects and is incremented by weapon skills. I just tried it out and my hands also glowed red upon shooting off a Last Stand. You just need to WS in a different spot same as regular RAs.
By ikudosi 2021-05-10 16:17:25  
This is not going to stop auto-ra. In fact it's probably trivial to change auto-ra to accommodate for this.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-05-10 16:29:28  
Proper Archers never just stand there all day long, so it makes sense with the job to have an ability like this.

I'm pretty sure that 100s of years of war history would disagree there... :P
By GwenStacy 2021-05-10 16:42:05  
I just want to shoot a bow and arrow while riding on a horse
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-10 16:47:20  

Archers DO stand there and shoot, often from a safe and secure spot like a Rampart or far from the reach of the melee attackers.

Hunters DO NOT stand still. They are constantly moving, looking for the best shot they can get while staying hidden from their prey, and then after the shot is taken, find a new spot.

The conflict of Hover Shot vs Decoy Shot allows us to play both roles depending on the needs of the situation.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-10 17:01:42  
gojito said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Yep ^

Also, I don't think the video pointed this out, but it looks like the Hover Shot effect also affects and is incremented by weapon skills. I just tried it out and my hands also glowed red upon shooting off a Last Stand. You just need to WS in a different spot same as regular RAs.

More than just that. In the RNG forum testing was done and shown it not only adds the current effect level to a used WS, WS usage doesn't reset it. If you're on the same target, you can keep stacking it even after a WS. It also is in effect for /JAs like Barrage and Eagle Eye Shot.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-05-10 18:08:10  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Archers DO stand there and shoot, often from a safe and secure spot like a Rampart or far from the reach of the melee attackers.

Hunters DO NOT stand still. They are constantly moving, looking for the best shot they can get while staying hidden from their prey, and then after the shot is taken, find a new spot.

The conflict of Hover Shot vs Decoy Shot allows us to play both roles depending on the needs of the situation.

An archer in battle would not stay in the same place all day because their targets move around, so they have to find new positions to get a clearer shot. There is also a risk of opposing archers knowing where they are going to cover, so staying in the same place can get them killed.

Smart archers would move positions every now and then to not get caught out, or have better sight on their target. Only snipers stay in position for long periods, but even they switch it up if the targets are out of sight or the enemy clocks on.

What sucks is that FFXI isn't a typical shooting game with cover mechanics, so moving side to side on a stationary target looks dumb. Hover Shot makes more sense in battles where the target is moving around a lot, but that usually means the party hasn't got it under control.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2021-05-10 18:12:26  
Let's be honest, this likely won't do anything about botting other than add a new addon to their login loadout (whenever someone inevitably makes one)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-05-10 20:04:13  
Anyone know what this was about?

"The issue wherein the attributes of the Wanted notorious monster Carousing Celine in Fei’Yin were incorrect."
 Bismarck.Nekhekh
サーバ: Bismarck
user: nekhekh
By Bismarck.Nekhekh 2021-05-11 16:49:53  
Found this on BG's site.

Synthesis Information
Yield:
NQ: Seafood Gratin x4
HQ1:Seafood Gratin x6
HQ2:Seafood Gratin +1 x2
HQ3:Seafood Gratin +1 x4
Main Craft: Cooking - (98+)

Ingredients:
Fire Crystal
San d'Orian Flour
Selbina Butter
Chalaimbille
Rock Salt
Danceshroom
Selbina Milk
Gigant Squid
Bastore Sweeper
[+]
 Bismarck.Kilobyte
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Kilobyte
By Bismarck.Kilobyte 2021-05-11 18:04:16  
Anyone know what this was about?

"The issue wherein the attributes of the Wanted notorious monster Carousing Celine in Fei’Yin were incorrect."

She only had ~50k HP and much lower defenses/attack power than normal.
By Pantafernando 2021-05-11 20:33:34  
50k isnt that low considering the moment it was released.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-05-17 00:11:40  
What is this patch for tonight? Just to add in the bonanza moogle (and related kupons) or are they adding more to the anniversary event? I want the Jubilee Shirt back for my mules and yet it never shows up!

Is it a reward for the current minigame thing in town maybe? I saw a lot of ??? rewards and the game is kind of *** imo (some may enjoy it; I do not).
 Lakshmi.Cesil
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-05-17 01:48:01  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
What is this patch for tonight? Just to add in the bonanza moogle (and related kupons) or are they adding more to the anniversary event? I want the Jubilee Shirt back for my mules and yet it never shows up!

Is it a reward for the current minigame thing in town maybe? I saw a lot of ??? rewards and the game is kind of *** imo (some may enjoy it; I do not).

I've been waiting for this as well! I'd love to know how to get it, I guess I'll try the event in town :)
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-05-17 02:42:52  
According to this guide (which looks like a copy-paste from a previous year in sections), no shirt for us. >.<

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Mandragora_Mania_2021_Guide#Rewards
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-05-17 02:55:49  
Looks like they made it so the Amplifier is no longer lost when you perish
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-17 03:12:46  
And they have not even acknowledged the Asylum/Entrust bugs.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-05-17 03:40:50  
Was it ninja patched
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-17 03:46:27  
Haven't checked, but they specifically mentioned Amplifiers but nothing about Asylum. And the original post regarding the exploit was not moved to Accepted Bugs or Resolved. So I assume no.
 Lakshmi.Cesil
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-05-17 05:27:13  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
According to this guide (which looks like a copy-paste from a previous year in sections), no shirt for us. >.<

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Mandragora_Mania_2021_Guide#Rewards

Ugh yup, no shirt for us this time, bummer! I managed to beat all of the opponents though, took me a bit haha.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-05-17 06:20:30  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
And they have not even acknowledged the Asylum/Entrust bugs.
Maybe they don't care about it right now or looking for a way to fix it?