users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » A list of DRK defensive sets
A list of DRK defensive sets
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-20 10:57:37  
I thought I'd share a few of my defensive sets for those that want to go a bit further than just a PDT Hybrid or TP MEVA set for some occasions. The HP values listed are that of a Hume, and will vary slightly for other races.

ItemSet 378189
The back has 30 VIT, and +10 Counter.

This set prioritizes pure physical survival when you have hate, against enemies that can be countered. It gives capped PDT, 42% counter, 1529 base defense, 2834 base HP, and excellent MEVA.

Since you need to be able to hit to counter, depending on buffs you may want to swap in more accuracy against evasive enemies at the expense of HP or defense, such as 30 DEX instead of 30 VIT on the cape, Mache Earring +1 instead of Tuisto, or Kentarch + Defending over Flume +1 + Moonlight.

ItemSet 378190
This set is for use when you're being attacked by monsters while on the move, whether you're gathering together groups of mobs or running away from something.

It gives capped PDT, 18% movement speed, 10% physical damage annul, 1461 base defense, 2998 HP, and solid MEVA.

ItemSet 378193
This Ankou's Mantle has 20 INT and 45 MEVA.

This set is geared for pure maximum MEVA, for when you know a status effect is coming and you want to resist it at all costs. The INT helps against INT-based enfeebles, so MND is also an option for helping resist MND-based enfeebles.

ItemSet 378194
This Ankou's Mantle has 30 INT and 15 MEVA.

This set is geared for pure maximum magic damage reduction via Magic absorb, MDB, and INT. MEVA is used as a bonus stat, but you generally would use this set on stuff you're not going to resist anyway. With MDB this high I'm pretty sure the 30 INT on the back would outdo 5 MDB (from Salvus Mantle) in the majority of cases, but I haven't explicitly tested it out.

ItemSet 378191

This set is for reducing TP feed to the enemy. With Auspice up, it gives you capped Subtle Blow and 15 Subtle Blow II. If you manage to augment the Sakpata feet with Subtle Blow, it will let you swap out SB pieces for more DD or PDT oriented ones (such as Bathy/Cessance to Abyssal +2/Dignitary's, and then to Abyssal +2/Cessance). If you find yourself without Auspice, you can swap in Dignitary's esrring and a second Chirich +1.

For even further reduction, you can swap DA for STP on the back, ammo, and earring slots, and for occasions where you have hate (and the enemy can be countered) you can put Counter +10 on Ankou's Mantle.

If you're not worried about the damage you take and the MEVA in the set isn't enough to allow resists, then you can swap out Sakpata head, legs, and feet for more DPS-oriented pieces. It also only has 24% gear haste, so depending on situation and buffs, you may with to swap the ammo to Seething Bomblet +1.
[+]
By eliroo 2021-02-20 11:34:06  
While on the topic of defensives, does Sakpata work as a substitue for Ratri +1 for Scythe weaponskills? I imagine WSing in Ratri is pretty bad for survivability.
[+]
By Taint 2021-02-20 12:47:32  
eliroo said: »
While on the topic of defensives, does Sakpata work as a substitue for Ratri +1 for Scythe weaponskills? I imagine WSing in Ratri is pretty bad for survivability.

Its a great set when att is capped and for multi hit WSs. I made a toggle in my GS for full Sak set and have been impressed with the WS numbers.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-20 12:53:14  
It's quite solid for stuff like Entropy and Resolution, but it's a very big loss for Torcleaver, Catastrophe, and Cross Reaper unless your attack is very, very high.
[+]
By Taint 2021-02-20 13:00:51  
Asura.Geriond said: »
It's quite solid for stuff like Entropy and Resolution, but it's a very big loss for Torcleaver, Catastrophe, and Cross Reaper unless your attack is very, very high.

To be fair DRK is over capped with good buffs in most content. The DA is also a nice addition since most single hit DRK WS sets have very little multi attack gear and the PDL works for all hits.

I agree its probably not always best, but it shouldn't be a big loss.

Edit: Head looks like BiS for Torcleavor unless incredibly attack starved.

Edit: Does anyone have a DRK spread sheet? (even an old one I can edit)
 Asura.Lewyo
user: Lewyo
By Asura.Lewyo 2021-02-20 13:02:49  
New odyssey sets should be added soon.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2021-02-20 13:47:36  
Taint said: »

To be fair DRK is over capped with good buffs in most content. The DA is also a nice addition since most single hit DRK WS sets have very little multi attack gear and the PDL works for all hits.

I agree its probably not always best, but it shouldn't be a big loss.

Edit: Does anyone have a DRK spread sheet? (even an old one I can edit)

I'm actually curious about the new Odyssey set for Catastrophe. Losing WSDMG sucks but PDL would make up for it some, also the double attack would a miss some what and still give you some HP back (Stupid 95% cap). Thoughts?

If the gap isn't too far I would use the Ody set for that.

IIRC the relic WS boost and R15 augment also applies to additional hits.

The fact you are pretty much bullet proof during your tp and weaponskill phases are a huge plus.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Gennss
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: gennss
By Ragnarok.Gennss 2021-02-20 14:07:28  
The second set used ratri feet ? My math doesn’t add up there. Some clarification please ?
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-20 14:08:53  
That set has 58% PDT without the feet slot, so it slots in Ratri for a big boost to HP.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-20 14:16:30  

Pretty sure after the update this is /thread. ;)

(I kid, I kid, but it did simply/consolidate things for us a TON)
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-20 14:18:34  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Pretty sure after the update this is /thread. ;)

(I kid, I kid, but it did simply/consolidate things for us a TON)
I mean, basically the point of this thread is showing good ways to utilize that armor in defensive sets.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-20 22:18:14  
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news26328.shtml

Quote:
Feb. 19, 2021 02:06 [PST] From: FINAL FANTASY XI

Current Known Issue (Feb. 19)

We have confirmed the following issues. We are currently investigating and ask for your patience as we work to resolve these issues.

[Confirmed Issues]

- The [Damage taken -9] stat for Sakpata's Cuisses is not functioning properly.
* Instead of [Damage taken -9], the effect [Killer +5] is added.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing.

Wonder how many other "issues" there are with gear that nobody knows about.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Datsik
user: datsik
By Asura.Datsik 2021-03-24 09:35:33  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Vir'ava is a joke now with similar gear as mentioned here :P
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [520 days between previous and next post]
By Galkapryme 2022-08-26 16:06:16  

ItemSet 378191

This set is for reducing TP feed to the enemy. With Auspice up, it gives you capped Subtle Blow and 15 Subtle Blow II.

How does Auspice add to SB II? When I looked up Auspice, it looks to only affect SB I.
 Bahamut.Bizarro
サーバ: Bahamut
user: bizarro
By Bahamut.Bizarro 2022-08-26 16:18:34  
It doesn't give Subtle Blow II, correct. However the body and Niq ring give the 15 SB II. The rest plus auspice give the capped SB I.
[+]