First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 20 21 22
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-01-15 09:13:16  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
Have SE explicitly stated the weapons are staying lottery-exclusive? I figured it was more of a prerelease type thing, and they'll come from the end of Odyssey.
That was my thinking also.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2021-01-15 09:14:27  
All I recall them saying is that the next lottery would have weapon types not represented in this one. Could easily still be prerelease of items obtained in other ways later.
 Odin.Naytan
サーバ: Odin
user: Naytan
By Odin.Naytan 2021-01-15 09:19:45  
They already said the weapon classes that weren't in this Bonanza will be in the next one(Feb/March?), whether this first grouping is also with them idk.

Club, xbow/gun, katana, polearm, great sword for sure.

Possibly throwing, doubtful on a Harp, probably a handbell. Not sure on grips/shields or animators.

We had 10 weapon types this time around, 11 weapons including the two swords. Depending on if they include all the instrument/ranged/offhand stuff chance for 10/11 new ones again.
By SimonSes 2021-01-15 10:43:54  
So those weapons probably wont be available till at least after the next bonanza if they even be available at all. Looks like insane waste of resources so far. Those weapons are the most original and interesting weapons so far and maybe 0.01% of population will have one and probably most of them not even on right chars and I dont want to even think about how many people that only log once a year or how many RMTs will get it instead of players who play this game daily. ehhhhh....
 Pandemonium.Zeto
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2021-01-15 10:50:06  
SimonSes said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
They'll just keep putting them in bonanzas, that's sufficient enough to keep giving you chances at them

I hope not. Its not like those weapons are needed to convince people to buy Bonanza Pearl, especially that you cant send them, so there is no initiative to buy Pearls on mules if you only care for weapons. They would have same/better result of people buying Pearl if they would put even something silly like 200M reward in rank 1.
Seriously. Rank 2 felt more worthwhile than rank 1 this round, barring a few items at least.

Also, as others have mentioned, it's shitty game design to lock (potentially) relevant gear behind a lottery. So I wouldn't be surprised if Odyssey or Voracious Resurgence update #5000 or something adds them. But it's also SE so who knows.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-01-15 10:51:30  
SimonSes said: »
So those weapons probably wont be available till at least after the next bonanza if they even be available at all.
I don't know why you interpret it that way, perhaps they had only designed about half of them so far and they still wanted to use them to spice up the bonanza and collect some additional sub $$$. It's perfectly possible that they are on track to finish the design sooner than next bonanza, to release them into a content.

I would not rule out SE being stupid enough to design unique and potentially useful weapons just to be bonanza prizes, but it seems unlikely given how little actual content they've released.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-01-15 10:52:14  
SE's thinking: Put some very original weapons behind a lottery system.

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-15 10:54:00  
They did the same thing with ark angel weapons. Bonanza then added then to log ins, then made real versions. Process took years.

(the process is not identical, because the one thing square is consistent about is being inconsistent.)
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-01-15 11:00:13  
They could eventually add them as weapons from Odyssey.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-15 11:03:21  
It took a while, but we are already at the "real weapons" stage, they just did the process in a different order.

Vanity items from login points > put real weapons in Bonanza.

I think Thorny is correct to guess it's a line of new weapons that whatever new content has it's finale will be lumped into. Odyssey makes sense since it's the current content flavor.

As far as I know, there's only a couple of items that are Bonanza exclusive, and they are more QOL items and not exclusive weapons/armor. Kupo Shield and Abdhaljs's Tome. Perhaps the first iteration was just to intrigue people at the possibility, but they fully plan on releasing the entire line later. Same thing with Odyssey weapons from this recent update (only 2 currently, THF/DNC + NIN, I expect a lot others next month). They just do things in smaller shipments instead of all at once now.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2021-01-15 11:18:13  
Odin.Creaucent said: »
I'd say it's more likely the 'ultimate' weapons from voracious than odyssey
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-15 11:21:54  
I have always hated when they tie rewards to storylines, because historically, you could only ever choose one and would have to perform reacquisition to change items. Ambuscade line of weapons was my favorite iteration because it was accessible to everybody and also you could collect all of them (which most are very good). REMA weapons you can collect as many as you can make. I don't have faith they will allow that if they throw it into story rewards.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2021-01-15 11:31:06  
By from voracious I mean they'll be the REMA type we get access to make with content added near the end of voracious.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-15 11:36:37  
Your guess is as good as anybody else. They did hint at "Dark Relics" being thing in the original box art, though. Plus they've mentioned they would address Relics later down the line. So a lot of us are anticipating that would be something that TVR releases.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-01-15 11:46:21  
Pandemonium.Zeto said: »
I'd say it's more likely the 'ultimate' weapons from voracious than odyssey

We have never had a weapon as a storyline end reward they have always been accessories and RoV clear only unlocked access to 119III REMA and Aeonics but they then came from Gaes fete. I suppose it could be that TVR unlocks access then you need to clear all NMs from Odyssey to make them. Though they do lack any sense of greatness that other Ultimate weapons do and will be behind relics in terms of power and use.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-01-15 11:49:40  
Whatever happened to the Dark Relics then, if people are talking about these weapons as rewards for TVR?

Edit: A little too late *sadpanda*
 Odin.Demhar
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-01-15 12:10:04  
yess the dark relics... climb the mountain top of the far north continent, drop the relic into the flames of darkness & rebirth from the ashes aka the Dark Relics... Afterglow Black!

...all jokes aside, I feel like new weapon skills are due... SE pushing small dozes of content to player base to really test things...
As I recall they used to let players into test server to play around with new content before official release. 9+ years ago (2011) I got to mess around with Aeonic WS's before the release and before they even had names for them. I would like to see more of that approach from SE.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2021-01-15 13:04:53  
Some of the weapons seem relicy because they have new weapon skills whereas some seem kinda niche like Icebrand?
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2021-01-15 13:06:18  
Are these new weapon skills or just old weapon skills with better stats/different properties? I'm imagining Dragonblow to be like a stronger Howling Fist or something? If they were new weapon skills there would be new animations in the datamines...
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-15 13:29:28  
No one knows. That's what half the thread is; should they be pissed they'll NEVER get one. Or does it matter at all.

Winners need to make with the info.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-15 13:44:05  
Asura.Highwynn said: »
Some of the weapons seem relicy because they have new weapon skills whereas some seem kinda niche like Icebrand?

I kind of just looked at it like Knights of Rotund + Final Paradise (Gimmick WS), but actually decent. They probably didn't change the animation one bit besides (for example) make something that was red animation a green animation. They might have entirely different SC elements to them, though, which would make them quite interesting, depending on what element is aligned to each weapon.

It does suck putting these in lottery and then banking on the few winners to be the "testers" so we can see which items are good. Not really a fair burden to put on winners, lol dumb implementation by SE

edit: I don't think Dragon Blow is actually a WS. Probably just another version of Colossal Blow from Denouments
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-01-15 13:51:39  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

I kind of just looked at it like Knights of Rotund + Final Paradise (Gimmick WS), but actually decent. They probably didn't change the animation one bit besides (for example) make something that was red animation a green animation. They might have entirely different SC elements to them, though, which would make them quite interesting, depending on what element is aligned to each weapon.

It does suck putting these in lottery and then banking on the few winners to be the "testers" so we can see which items are good. Not really a fair burden to put on winners, lol dumb implementation by SE

edit: I don't think Dragon Blow is actually a WS. Probably just another version of Colossal Blow from Denouments

Dont forget Denouements has "Additional effect: Colossal Blow" and this new one has just "Dragon Blow" liks REMA.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-01-15 13:55:01  

Dont forget Denouements has "Additional effect: Colossal Blow" and this new one has just "Dragon Blow" liks REMA.
It's a WS for sure it shows up in the ws.dat
Code
    [229] = {id=229,en="Fast Blade II",ja="ファストブレードII",element=6,icon_id=598,prefix="/weaponskill",range=2,targets=32},
    [230] = {id=230,en="Dragon Blow",ja="ドラゴンブロウ",element=6,icon_id=590,prefix="/weaponskill",range=2,targets=32},
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-15 14:00:54  
Can you tell from the dats which SC property it has?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-01-15 14:03:56  
Can you tell from the dats which SC property it has?
No we manually have to go in and add that data to Windower's resources once it's tested. :/

Actually I may have a way to force that data from the client.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2021-01-15 14:11:34  
Would we be able to pull the description for skillchain elements? Since they added the text when selecting weaponskills over top with the elements.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-01-15 14:12:52  
Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »
Would we be able to pull the description for skillchain elements? Since they added the text when selecting weaponskills over top with the elements.
That's what I just thought about.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2021-01-15 14:41:37  
Asura.Chiaia said: »
That's what I just thought about.

Ah sorry!
Got really curious so I was in process of trying to get it:
Fast Blade II: Fusion
Dragon Blow: Distortion
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-15 14:45:42  
Dragon Blow: Distortion

I was just saying to myself "if MNK got a Distortion WS that would be fantastic". Now Im actually disappointed it's locked behind this weapon >.>
By Shichishito 2021-01-15 19:38:59  
first you could get exited about a fusion WS for BLU, then you realise it's bonanza gated and probably only works main hand.

BLU is too dependant on tizonas MP generation to switch it for anything else.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 20 21 22