Goldsmithing Help.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Goldsmithing » Goldsmithing Help.
Goldsmithing Help.
 Siren.Dracon
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Dracon
By Siren.Dracon 2009-10-26 15:04:59  
So right now im 32 Goldsmithing and im think im jumping straight to Mythril ingots using mythril beastcoins.

The question im asking is Should i jump to straight to mythril beastcoins. Or Skill up a bit on somethen else. And if i do do the mythril beastcoins where is a good place to farm them. I been told SSG using steal andusing steal in the Sanc. of Zitah. Anyone else have any good spots.
 Valefor.Mithano
サーバ: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2009-10-26 15:12:56  
Yes, and if you have the gil I would just buy stacks off the AH as they're available. I used advanced support to help bridge the gap.

Because you need so many (4x/synth) stealing isn't time effective here. If you're willing to spend time farming things, it would make more sense to farm more profitable items and sell them, then buy what you need from AH.

When you hit 34+, you can switch to mythril ore, which you can buy for 1500/per from the guild when the guild is at low points (camping that required!), relatively unlimited supply. I did both ore and coins as supply allowed when I was doing those levels.
 Gilgamesh.Andras
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Andras
By Gilgamesh.Andras 2009-10-26 15:19:24  
I just went thru this part of goldsmithing... just make some gil and buy the beastcoins...
 Hades.Mmakk
サーバ: Hades
user: Mmakk
By Hades.Mmakk 2009-10-26 16:05:30  
I used silver chain to hit 33, but it was profitable and actually sold for me, you may want to check that first.

I farm what I can for crafts, I haven't gotten to the point where I need to rush anything yet. My favourite place for mythril beastcoins was the S. of Zi'tah in the small area with reapers and poachers. Steal from the reapers; poachers drop them at an ok rate. Though this was also profitable for me, desynthing all the armour drops and synthing those materials into various items.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-10-26 16:16:22  
I've made what is, in my opinion, a great Goldsmithing guide I posted on my LiveJournal. You can find a direct link by clicking below.

http://sovereignffxi.livejournal.com/tag/%5Bgoldsmithing+guide%5D

In all honesty, as advice from a level 98+3 goldsmither... just stop at 60. lol
 Siren.Dracon
By Siren.Dracon 2009-10-26 16:28:21  
Wood workings my main at 90, lvling gold so i can craft eightsided poles witch take mythril ingots to craft, its a 95 synth.
 Lakshmi.Bshizzle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Brucio
By Lakshmi.Bshizzle 2009-10-26 16:50:00  
Ya you can def. go ahead and synth beastcoins at 32 as they are a 38 cap.

If you are more concerned about saving gil rather than getting skill-ups, I would use advanced support till around 35. Also at this point you can go for the ores recipe which is 40 cap.

I am 39 goldsmithing atm, so this region is pretty familiar to me.
I took my time camping the AH because ores could often be bought at profit price.

If all else fails, get some gil and power level it.
 Siren.Dracon
By Siren.Dracon 2009-10-26 16:57:08  
Thanks every for all your advice. I'll use it well in these 10 lvls.