フォーラム » FFXI » General » Need a monk tip
Need a monk tip
 Sylph.Kawar
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2020-12-08 16:24:51  
Cant remember the I113 harness that has counter on it

but i want to know the 119 af body vs the other I113 what is truely better over all.

the counter on the I113 feels better but i do not know much about monk so i need help
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-08 16:40:22  
The skirmish body, and no
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2020-12-08 17:04:39  
Well on mnk if you use counterstance with the relic feet you can easily cap out your counter rate without any counter gear... sometimes you may use pieces like relic body to increase damage of counters when countering like hundred fists or something.

Also you can make a high counter set as a defensive set for some content to cap counter without defense down of counter stance. There's a few options but relic body is pretty good for this.

Af body is primarily for chakra although some use it for the crit damage on it as well. If you are looking for starter bodies for mnk tp, I'd probably look at mummu from ambuscade which also pairs nicely with the ambuscade h2h. Kenda+1 or malignance are probably eventual goals, relic body if you trying for counters. Also you'll want empy+1 body for when impetus buff is on.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2020-12-08 19:46:23  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
The skirmish body, and no
so your saying i should keep useing the skirmish body over af 119?
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2020-12-08 19:47:44  
Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
Well on mnk if you use counterstance with the relic feet you can easily cap out your counter rate without any counter gear... sometimes you may use pieces like relic body to increase damage of counters when countering like hundred fists or something.

Also you can make a high counter set as a defensive set for some content to cap counter without defense down of counter stance. There's a few options but relic body is pretty good for this.

Af body is primarily for chakra although some use it for the crit damage on it as well. If you are looking for starter bodies for mnk tp, I'd probably look at mummu from ambuscade which also pairs nicely with the ambuscade h2h. Kenda+1 or malignance are probably eventual goals, relic body if you trying for counters. Also you'll want empy+1 body for when impetus buff is on.
kind of forgot you need like 3 sets for monk.

am i right?
 Kujata.Tetsuiga
サーバ: Kujata
user: Tetsuiga
By Kujata.Tetsuiga 2020-12-08 20:40:31  
NQ kenda will do until you get adhemar hands and head, and +1 kenda in the other slots, dont worry too much about counter, it is nice, but nothing to go out of your way for in gear choices, malig is obvious choice for hybrid/dt
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2020-12-08 21:13:55  
Kujata.Tetsuiga said: »
NQ kenda will do until you get adhemar hands and head, and +1 kenda in the other slots, dont worry too much about counter, it is nice, but nothing to go out of your way for in gear choices, malig is obvious choice for hybrid/dt
what about the af 119 what do you think of it?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-08 21:17:32  
You use it if you have nothing else, it's like 6th as a tp piece. And the skirmish body +1'd(119 not 113) would be like 10th.

If you're deadset on counter you can pick this up for free since no one wants it https://www.ffxiah.com/item/25702/reiki-osode
Or pick this one up, should be literally free with like 80% drop rate and blindfold easy https://www.ffxiah.com/item/26958/swellers-harness
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-12-08 21:45:34  
grab one of these to tide you over till something better, it's about the easiest body to acquire.

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/26950/rawhide-vest