Asura.Icilies
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: icilies
By Asura.Icilies 2020-11-29 21:34:12  
Asura.Arico said: »
Asura.Icilies said: »
You are realling trying to say 5NM is the only reason a fanless macbook air is destroying the market right now?

I really want to be on your side because I like my MacMini, but come on. Are you trying to say it being on 5NM didn't make it possible?

Yes, just like gamer nexus explained 10nm intel is identical to performance as 7nm amd theoretically. Except intel can’t make yields at desktop level
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-11-29 21:41:23  
Asura.Icilies said: »
Yes, just like gamer nexus explained 10nm intel is identical to performance as 7nm amd theoretically. Except intel can’t make yields at desktop level

That has nothing to do with anything anyone is talking about. If Apple could have done it on TSMC's 7nm node they would have. It's cheaper and they have far more capacity.
[+]
By kennocha 2020-11-30 09:06:40  
Non exhaustive list of CPU arch's that are going to overtake X86 any day now.

• MIPS

• PowerPC

• SPARC

• Alpha

• PA-RISC

• RISC-V

• Itanium

ARM isn't going to overtake x86, because its not useful for the same things. Remember, people have been wondering if ARM was going to be replacing x86, for years. The answer is still the same, it isn't. We don't live in a world in absolutes, and it wont replace x86, because its not meant to. They are designed with very different intentions. It's about having the right tool for the job at hand, and x86 fits that generalized area. For fun reading I suggest looking up CISC vs RISC that further explains the operational differences.

The only thing likely to replace x86, is an updated instruction set like x86-64 delivered.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [74 days between previous and next post]
By bipppy 2021-02-12 15:13:06  
FYI back to the original post, I also tested setting up FFXI via CrossOver on a MBP M1 16GB, and it works absolutely great, 100% playable, smooth (Some zones lag a bit but nothing game breaking)

For anyone that is looking for information on my setup or if you need assistance setting up FFXI on a M1 mac send me a message!
 Asura.Epigram
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2021-02-12 15:45:08  
I assume you are using ashita?
 Ragnarok.Nightmarelord
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: BushinNmL
By Ragnarok.Nightmarelord 2021-02-12 19:08:45  
um. from mbp to imac. 16 gb of ram is not enough and will eventually catch up to you.

Im on a 2019 imac with 64 gb of ram.

NO ONE ESCAPES SHEOL GAOL LAG. (unless u get that 200+ gb ram mac maybe?)

so basically the m1 and the 2019 are the same. merp i knew i was saving 4000 for some reason...
By shubb1282 2021-02-13 08:46:21  
Incoming Intel CEO Derides Company's Inability to 'Deliver Better Products' Than Apple's M1 Chip. Incoming Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger has said that the company must "deliver better products" than Apple, which he described as a "lifestyle company," and says that Intel's best days are "in front of it"

Hopefully we all benefit from the competition, to say that it's not shaking things up is ignorant, to say that it's competing in the top tier performance category is equally as ignorant, Apple didn't think so either, look at the machines it's in.
By bipppy 2021-02-17 22:53:35  
No I am not that I cant get working, But I actually just updated parallels for mac m1 and running the windows 10 ARM version, Running FFXI on the Parallels vm is MUCH FASTER now then trying to use crossover.