New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Quadav Ambuscade V1
Quadav Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 5
By tyalangan 2020-09-10 00:05:31  
OP will be continually updated...

Old thread:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51255/ambuscade-volume-1-august-2017/#3280726

BG Ambuscade Page:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Ambuscade_Archive#Quadav

Videos:

Key Notes:
[+]
By vadrek 2020-09-10 01:10:47  
From the old one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS9UgCLDuTY&ab_channel=EjinCaitsith
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Brixy
By Bahamut.Brixy 2020-09-10 05:58:39  
Some of the mechanics seem to have changed. It could just be me misremembering stuff also. I'm currently doing some difficults atm until I nail down what all has been tweaked. His shell switches between dropping on tp moves or magic being cast. That could possibly have something to do with me silencing it though? I was using siren to silence the blm and silenced the boss also. While it was silenced the shield never dropped at all. I'll add more to this post as I see stuff happen lol

Edit:
Stunning during the shell drop extends the shell drop duration. Volt strike/shock squall allowed like 10+ seconds of damage to go through before the shell popped back up.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-09-10 07:43:47  
Yeah thats what i was wondering, if they changed something like they did with mammols.

As they didnt mention anything either in the update notes or digest, i was thinking maybe it was unchanged.

Just gonna try ambuscade at weekend. Hoping people can share low man strats, 5-party or even 4-party as my mules could use some ambuscade sets and weapons so they would be basically leeching.
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-09-10 08:38:58  
The Eijin strat from the last thread works perfectly. Party setup is RUN, WHM, COR, BRD, any, any.

- Buff on entry. I used march, march, mad, mad, chaos, sam, barstonra, barpetra.
- Have party run into range of boss to pop and kill first two adds.
- The WAR add can counter and use mighty strikes but both adds are extremely weak overall.
- Damage the boss to trigger benediction which pops the BLM add.
- Silence the BLM add.
- Have the RUN pull the BLM add and boss 30’ away from the party and solo the BLM add with dimidiation. (WHM can run in to cure if needed but needs to run out again before BLM dies).
- After the BLM dies and the AoE hate reset/curse move goes off, RUN runs back to the main party and uses JAs to get hate again. The WHM needs to be ~18’ away from the main party now.
- WHM uses cursna, cure, viruna, etc. on the RUN.
- From this point on the boss only uses the AoE petrify/earth damage TP move.
- Divine seal/divine caress stona after the boss TPs and have everyone WS while he is readying his TP moves.

The last step is a lot easier with a yagrush instead of divine seal but there’s not really any risk without one, it just takes longer. The boss takes 99k from COR/BRD savage blades while he’s readying TP moves so he goes down quickly. GEO works well and any DD jobs are fine. RUN accuracy may not be capped while soloing the BLM so you can use sushi, distract, entrust torpor, etc. to address. Fights shouldn’t last longer than 6 mins with BiS gear.
[+]
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
By Bahamut.Brixy 2020-09-10 09:45:13  
Here's an idea:
COR/RNG x4, Tank, Healer. Maybe sprinkle a BRD in there somewhere if you want. BRD could even be the healer for this lol

melee down at the beginning with savage blade, and then once the blm is spawned swap to ranged style. Avoids all the petrify bs, rng/cor can kill the blm from out of range, and you can use basically any healer you want as long as they have /whm for stona. Ranger can decoy shot the tank to deal with enmity resets also
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2020-09-10 09:56:18  
so barpetra does nothing?
"This move is used exclusively after the use of Sorrow of Gu'Dha.
The petrify effect lasts for ~45 seconds and is only able to be resisted via abilities such as Asylum, Perfect Defense, and Divine Caress."
By Wotasu 2020-09-10 10:15:37  
Asura.Fondue said: »
so barpetra does nothing?
"This move is used exclusively after the use of Sorrow of Gu'Dha.
The petrify effect lasts for ~45 seconds and is only able to be resisted via abilities such as Asylum, Perfect Defense, and Divine Caress."
Ive seen random resists, mostly on the Runes if he's using Flabra x3 and other buffs.
Best way tho is to eat it and have Whm either Yagrush or Accession > Divine Caress > Stona, Usualy Divine Caress is up again b4 the buff wears off, if the Whm has the gear for it.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-09-10 13:18:46  
Yeah, I would recommend against using Barpetra because you don't want someone to randomly resist petrify when you want to get Divine Caress onto the whole team.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-09-10 14:42:19  
Those may just be Tenacity procs.
 Sylph.Dravidian
サーバ: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2020-09-10 15:32:17  
Bahamut.Brixy said: »
Here's an idea:
COR/RNG x4, Tank, Healer. Maybe sprinkle a BRD in there somewhere if you want. BRD could even be the healer for this lol

melee down at the beginning with savage blade, and then once the blm is spawned swap to ranged style. Avoids all the petrify bs, rng/cor can kill the blm from out of range, and you can use basically any healer you want as long as they have /whm for stona. Ranger can decoy shot the tank to deal with enmity resets also

Regardless of ranged or not, from the testing I've done Leaden Salute seems to be very powerful in here.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-10 15:33:42  
When I wrote my own 10 word summary to remember each ambuscade, the whole quadav note consists of "cor destroys this with leaden"
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-09-10 15:34:20  
I've never seen it full resist but I've seen the effect duration be lower on my RUN with 3x flabra and barpetrify up. I continue to use it so that if my WHM ever accidentally gets hit by the move, I might get the opportunity to kite it on the RUN while everyone else remains petrified.

Edit: Also any ranged damage dealers would work fine as well but it's literally a cake walk just melee zerging it so it doesn't really matter. I do think that the strat I posted previously in this thread is better specifically for multiboxing since you only ever have to move the RUN after the initial setup and the other chars can just sit there auto-engaged.

Either way you have to go out of your way to lose this month or even to have fights that last longer than 5 mins.
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
By Bahamut.Brixy 2020-09-10 15:40:52  
Tried out CORx2, BRD, RNG, PLD, SMN. It went incredibly well lol. Still tweaking the strat but down to about 7 min clear (including buff time) with lots of room for improvement. I'll have a video at some point. May not be today but I'm gonna try lol

RNG: Savage blade and shoots things in the face on 2nd half
COR 1: Sam and chaos roll. Same as RNG
COR 2: Wizard's and Warlock's. Same as RNG
BRD: Prelude x2, Honor March, Minuet V
PLD: Get hit in the face constantly.
SMN: Main Healer! Hastega II, Crystal Blessing, Warcry, Soothing Current, & Rolling Thunder. Also stunlocking everything to make sure invincible never happens and silencing blm with siren.
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2020-09-10 16:31:03  
main boss seems to be very weak against lightning element, thunder shot from cor does 99k
 Phoenix.Logical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-09-10 16:44:39  
Some of the mechanics seem to have changed. It could just be me misremembering stuff also. I'm currently doing some difficults atm until I nail down what all has been tweaked. His shell switches between dropping on tp moves or magic being cast. That could possibly have something to do with me silencing it though? I was using siren to silence the blm and silenced the boss also. While it was silenced the shield never dropped at all. I'll add more to this post as I see stuff happen lol

Edit:
Stunning during the shell drop extends the shell drop duration. Volt strike/shock squall allowed like 10+ seconds of damage to go through before the shell popped back up.

Starting to think that this may be simply due to the length of Ramuh's stun effect and NOT the act of being stunned that is causing this. I've been trying for over an hour now to replicate this by stunning him (with /dnc) during TP or Cure IV Casting, it has NOT worked a single time. Stun lands... just no prolonging of the period of time you can do damage. I know he's also weak to thunder it seems to that may also play into it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-10 18:46:01  
Phoenix.Logical said: »

Edit:

Starting to think that this may be simply due to the length of Ramuh's stun effect and NOT the act of being stunned that is causing this. I've been trying for over an hour now to replicate this by stunning him (with /dnc) during TP or Cure IV Casting, it has NOT worked a single time. Stun lands... just no prolonging of the period of time you can do damage. I know he's also weak to thunder it seems to that may also play into it.
Thunder shot + stun?
 Cpu
By Cpu 2020-09-10 19:00:33  
Ragnarok.Ayami said: »
Woot first video post here!
The first reply in the thread is a nearly identical video.
[+]
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
By Bahamut.Brixy 2020-09-10 19:20:05  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Summoner is a good healer I promise lol. I decided to use this run because I ended up getting hit with the draw in move and freaked out a little. Lots of room for improvement with this setup, but not bad for a pickup group I had to coach and sell the idea to try XD
[+]
By aisukage 2020-09-11 04:03:02  

Here is a 3 minute Run i did last time this ambuscade was around. with 5 other people.
[+]
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
By Bahamut.Brixy 2020-09-11 09:22:27  
I had another idea this morning that I'm gonna try when I have time (at work atm). The main boss is stunnable up until the point where the BLM dies, after that it becomes immune to it. What happens if you stun the BLM and main boss and let your tank run out of range with everyone and drop the BLM. Would the boss attempt to use that 30 range draw in move immediately, or wait for stun to wear off. And would the boss attempt to use it without anyone in range or chase after the tank lol

This could potentially be a way to ignore the stupid move in general. Just bring a smn stunner.
 Phoenix.Logical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-09-11 11:34:19  
Took me a while to get a good solo strategy down for Normal this month but I finally have it. Hope this helps others who are intending on soloing as even Easy is not possible to solo this month if you can't deal with the BLM somehow.

[+]
 Shiva.Cerderic
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2020-09-11 11:43:56  
He does not use the attack unless his current target is in range. I bound him and killed the BLM 30' away. He was still bound for a few seconds and didn't use the curse plague thing until he got in range.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-11 11:53:59  
Phoenix.Logical said: »
Took me a while to get a good solo strategy down for Normal this month but I finally have it. Hope this helps others who are intending on soloing as even Easy is not possible to solo this month if you can't deal with the BLM somehow.

Go go NIN/RDM!
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-09-11 12:16:45  
All the red mages who spent a fortune on enfeeble gear due to last months Ambuscade are crying right now.
[+]
By soralin 2020-09-11 13:21:08  
Im curious on how silencable the BLM is on VD.

How viable is an Ochain Pld supertank everything strategy, silence the BLM as soon as it pops, and knock enemies down a bit to encourage the Cure IVs, and just zerg down the boss by basically doing the same strat as Logical's post there, but like, with a 6 man strat on VD?

If a Nin/Rdm is landing Silence on Normal, seems possible a Geo/Rdm can land it with decent gear on VD, yeah?
 Shiva.Cerderic
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2020-09-11 16:30:59  
A PUP with much better gear than mine can easily solo. Not sure what difficulty but I'm close to clearing normal with horrible gear.

Go all out tank on attachments and leave it on the boss the whole time.

I used AAEV, Selh, Joachim, Arciela, Cherukki.

When the BLM spawns, get everyone but your automaton 30' away and kill. Depending on your gear, lil dude will survive, but it doesn't matter either way.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2020-09-11 16:43:09  

Summoner is a good healer I promise lol. I decided to use this run because I ended up getting hit with the draw in move and freaked out a little. Lots of room for improvement with this setup, but not bad for a pickup group I had to coach and sell the idea to try XD
Really good to see SMN being used beyond zerging.
[+]
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
By Bahamut.Brixy 2020-09-11 17:17:15  
I'm about as anti-conduit as you can get. I even opted against using astral conduit to refill my mp when I got hit with the draw in & curse move. I much prefer to experiment and try to make it work as a supportive job. Actually play the job, not the 1hr lol
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5