Is ODIN Dead In The Water.? What Can Be Done About It? Is It Worth Salvaging? Whats The State Of Your Server?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Is ODIN dead in the water.? What can be done about it? Is it worth salvaging? Whats the state of your server?
Is ODIN dead in the water.? What can be done about it? Is it worth salvaging? Whats the state of your server?
 Alexander.Tonythetaru
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
By Alexander.Tonythetaru 2009-10-23 02:49:13  
Let's see. Right now as I kill time for Fafnir window, there are 1009 people online. People online never dips below 900 on Alexander (which is usual for shift change). For JP and NA primes, there's usually around 1200-1500 online, weekend primes are 2000-2200. Odd thing is there is never ***going on during NA primes.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-10-23 02:55:43  
969 on Sylph atm.

I've seen it drop to 600's before..

In terms of PT'ing, I've waited for 3hr on BRD before and got nothing. I've also waited for 2~4hr on NIN and SAM before and got nothing.
 Odin.Aramina
サーバ: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-10-24 08:15:55  
We used to be dealing with 5k+ on weekends and 3-5k weeknights before they locked out the server, just for reference for people from other servers.

Odin isn't dead yet, but once you lose the critical mass required to get endgame stuff done, more people will leave the server or quit, and then it's all downhill.
 Fenrir.Retin
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jeniffer
By Fenrir.Retin 2009-10-24 08:59:03  
4pm gmt+1/10am est/10pm jst Fenrir:2917 people online, it's saturday though
[+]
 Bahamut.Lawson
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Lawson
By Bahamut.Lawson 2009-10-24 09:32:56  
Bahamut seems dead sometimes. Getting a party for lower level jobs takes a long time, most people it seems just solo/FoV. Went to Dunes to try to get a party the other day and it was full of 50+ thfs and higher level mage jobs ><. Been leveling RDM and have had nights where I have been the only one seeking and not gotten an invite. Thursday-Sunday usually picks up though. Last few times I have checked there have been around 1200ish people online.
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-10-24 09:34:52  
Bahamut.Lawson said:
Bahamut seems dead sometimes. Getting a party for lower level jobs takes a long time, most people it seems just solo/FoV. Went to Dunes to try to get a party the other day and it was full of 50 thfs and higher level mage jobs ><. Been leveling RDM and have had nights where I have been the only one seeking and not gotten an invite. Thursday-Sunday usually picks up though. Last few times I have checked there have been around 1200ish people online.

Too true -_-

Although right now we have 3.1k people on so, might be easier to get a pt on my blu :)
 Asura.Kaylen
サーバ: Asura
user: Kaylen
By Asura.Kaylen 2009-10-24 09:40:39  
Asura is doing fine. I even got invites on my pup in a decent amount of time. Hell once I told my ls lets see how long it takes me to get an invite on my nin. 7secs I lol'd.
 Odin.Haraku
Premium
user: mekendahl
By Odin.Haraku 2009-10-24 10:12:10  
I see 3k on Odin right now, but it is a little more empty during the week, and most of these are probably japanese.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-24 10:53:46  
It'd be 3k and 1 if I didn't keep randomly dc'ing every 5 minutes :/
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-24 11:03:53  
Odin.Blazza said:
It'd be 3k and 1 if I didn't keep randomly dc'ing every 5 minutes :/

Get a better ISP then....wait, nvm, Australia, thats right.

Kill that Kangaroo that keeps chewing at your cable. Or at least buy some rat poison for your rat problem.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-24 11:21:35  
That's not funny, you should get a better sense of humour... wait, nvm, Krapg, thats right.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-24 11:48:49  
Naw, that was just an attempt to make today a little more interesting.

But usually for that to work, need somebody with more intelligence than a walnut to talk to.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-10-24 11:50:59  
I'm leaning towards the possibility that SE is holding off on merging servers til the last possible minute. The longer they wait, the more they can screw people over with the world migration service fees. Then, when they decide to kill a server, they only have to offer it to 400 people, versus 1800.

/discuss

Edit: also, in regards to the random dc'ing, it's been occurring more often as of late. I would D/C once a month if lucky 3 months ago. Now, within the last month, I am lucky to not D/C within 3 hours of being online. This has nothing to do with my service provider though, we've checked. I also bought a new N router to make sure to eliminate that as a possible issue. All this, in addition to the almost daily server maintenances, leads me to believe something changed recently.

/discuss
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-10-24 11:53:41  
Diabolos.Chupacabra said:
I'm leaning towards the possibility that SE is holding off on merging servers til the last possible minute. The longer they wait, the more they can screw people over with the world migration service fees. Then, when they decide to kill a server, they only have to offer it to 400 people, versus 1800. /discuss

sounds like something I would do.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2009-10-24 11:59:27  
While an incredibly shitty business method, it does make sense profit-wise. I think I would simply quit before I paid them to move my character though. If I'm not moving for friends, I'm not paying.

Also, Diabolos has had it's population almost cut in half (down from 2200ish to 1300ish online at any given time, even JP prime time) since the Secure 3D issues. It has not recovered.
 Remora.Morphius
サーバ: Remora
user: Morphius
By Remora.Morphius 2009-10-24 12:00:53  
Hmmm... numbers on Remora have been dwindling for months.

We peak at about 1500, and that's becoming an even rarer occurrence. At any given time I might find 1100-1300, going to maybe 1100-1400 late afternoon/evening NA. I've seen it go into 3 digit numbers many times... I suppose it's just a matter of time...
 Odin.Aramina
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-10-24 12:19:58  
I think the JP players are more consistently on and sticking with it than the NA players, at least from what I can see.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-10-25 10:36:47  
Racial comments/pics are inappropriate, do not post them again and do not start flaming each other in this thread.

Thank you.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sirseifer
サーバ: Fenrir
user: sirseifer
By Fenrir.Sirseifer 2009-10-25 10:52:13  
2127 @ 3:55pm GMT ~ Not too bad getting parties, just start them and ask everyone! EVERYONE!!!!!!
 Odin.Kailiegh
user: Kailiegh
By Odin.Kailiegh 2009-10-25 11:02:58  
The worst is that there are no new players. Everyone has at least one 75 job and most people who party at low levels are either just leveling a sub job or leveling in between end game events. It's difficult to find decent parties below 40. It's even worse trying to find a tank. Will Odin ever be reopened or are the rumors of a merge with another server true?
 Siren.Aytac
サーバ: Siren
user: Aytac
By Siren.Aytac 2009-10-25 11:04:25  
I just checked on siren and 1744 came up, on sunday morning
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-25 12:55:31  
1300 atm on Ifrit on a Sunday afternoon.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-10-25 13:10:10  
Resurrection just died, in my opinion, Odin's (Server) Life has just begun. Until then, it was just in a vegetative state with a giant *** stuck up it's ***.

And just for the record, it's still easier to level a noob job now than it was when FFXI's first months-Year after NA release.
 Odin.Zantrix
user: Zantrix
By Odin.Zantrix 2009-11-02 18:24:58  
well i wont lie it's horrible seeing all these old noobs hit 75 and still not know wtf is goin on w/ this game level sync can not be escaped and with 9 75s myself i'm beginning to lose intrest in this server but w/ all my friends and eventshells it makes it hard to leave so just have to bite the bullet and bare w/ all these shitty players thank god for the good ones though keeps some strand of sanity on the server
 Bahamut.Nomadikhan
user: Nomad
By Bahamut.Nomadikhan 2009-11-02 18:29:14  
was about to say "seriously another my server is dead thread what about yours? thread" but i'll be nice.

i'm a bahamut for lifer and its goin down the toilet as well, if not already there.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2009-11-02 18:42:26  
On Bahamut it avg. around 1k-1.3k people on sometimes 900ish... during JP prime time i see about 2k.. but yes it has been increasingly harder to get a pt these days. One of my friends looked for a pt on pld for over 4hrs at lvl 67, and he was only one seeking. some days are better than others but overall IT SUCKS gettin a pt at lower lvls. Unless u have a static that u usually pt with. I'd have to say Bahamut is turning into Odin #2. or already is
[+]
 Asura.Crewe
user: Crewe
By Asura.Crewe 2009-11-02 19:03:43  
It's a dieing game, expect to see some mergers in the near future. The FF14 release is just in 2010 nothing specific when they release the date, and the date approaches expect a decline.

Picture a bell curve we're below the peak and slowly reaching the end there in the higher percentiles.
[+]
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-11-02 19:41:45  
Diabolos.Chupacabra said:
I'm leaning towards the possibility that SE is holding off on merging servers til the last possible minute. The longer they wait, the more they can screw people over with the world migration service fees. Then, when they decide to kill a server, they only have to offer it to 400 people, versus 1800.

I think inside everyone knows this will happen, I wouldn't mind putting a small wager on server merging after at least 3-4 months after FF14 comes out just to make sure.