RUN LUA - Turms Mittens +1 On Battuta

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » RUN LUA - Turms Mittens +1 on Battuta
RUN LUA - Turms Mittens +1 on Battuta
By Pixeldreams 2020-07-19 08:25:26  
Hi, I've been having an issue with my LUA, I want my turms mittens +1 (and other parry gear) to be equipped during Battuta, but obviously not interfere with other gearswaps.

I have Arislan's LUA, which has the following code:
Code
function customize_defense_set(defenseSet)
    if buffactive['Battuta'] then
	  if gain then
        defenseSet = set_combine(defenseSet, sets.defense.Parry)
    end

if state.Knockback.value == true then
       defenseSet = set_combine(defenseSet, sets.defense.Knockback)
    end

return defenseSet
end

For whatever reason.. the above code just does not work. I havn't messed with the rest of the LUA apart from changing my gear on it. I've tried running the original LUA from github, no luck. I've tried debug mode to see why it isnt triggering, I've manually equipped sets.defense.Parry (that works), I'm kind of out of ideas as to why it doesnt change my gear over during Battuta. Also tried the ID instead of string 'Battuta' etc. but its all listed in Windower anyway, no luck.

I have currently bodged it to work using if / else statements and disabling slots, which works, but isn't ideal. I guess if this is accetable I can leave it? But I assume this is a bad thing since it won't swap any of that parry gear out for the duration of battuta even for enmity, DT, JA, etc.

Code
if buff == 'Battuta' then
	  if gain then
	    equip(sets.defense.Parry)
		disable('hands','legs','feet','back')
		send_command('@input /echo Battuta ON.')
      else
		enable('hands','legs','feet','back')
		send_command('@input /echo Battuta OFF.')
		status_change(player.status)
	  end
    end

Any help would be much appreciated! I'll check back soon.

Thanks!
 Shiva.Spynx
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2020-07-19 10:41:44  
The code should be working. Dumb question but are you toggling defense mode? It's F10 by default and customize_defense_set only works if defense mode is active. If not, try adding some trouble-shooting messages to see if the code is executed at all and which part of it is causing the problem.

My recommendation is also to have Turms hands +1 in your default physical defense set as RUN parry pretty often and the 100HP back plus the magic evasion are really nice to have. Capping PDT in other slots shouldn't be an issue with current gear and ambu cape 10PDT aug.
[+]
By Crossbones 2020-07-19 12:01:16  
I gotta agree with Spynx just keep them shits on the whole time you are engaged be it with or without battuta. You should still be parrying like at least 1/3 of all attacks even without the JA.
[+]
By Pixeldreams 2020-07-19 13:39:27  
Yep I am officially stoopid, I wasn't in defense mode..

I think I was just in tunnel vision mode trying to fix issues that weren't there! The learning curve on 11 is so steep, last time I played was 2009 or something and only came back afew months ago.

Noted on the turms advice, its good to have the confirmation :).

Thanks you guys for saving me another 4 hours of pulling my hair out over nothing! Hopefully someone else will learn from my mistakes.