フォーラム » FFXI » General » Superwarp / HP - Ambu - Bans
Superwarp / HP - Ambu - Bans
By Opasting 2020-07-19 15:35:37  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Opasting said: »
Bahamut.Belkin said: »
geigei said: »
Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Come on guy, obviously SE is gonna look at that.
But why? if they have a quota to fill for bans, they could just go outside adoulin and pick a few random bst's, easy bans + they will return.

Banning a "legit" player means there's a high chance he won't be returning.

I'm under the impression that they have a certain threshold of "tolerance" when it comes to legitimate players. If they didn't have a tolerance, everybody would get banned their first add-on outing and the population of the game would be reduced by like 75%. Obviously, they can't have that. But they also can't have dudes blatantly abusing something they shouldn't be abusing either. Making 25 mules rapid fire, warping them to the end zone of the Adoulin, swiping big ticket money items from ambu as a level 1 with 3 hours of playtime, and then deleting them in a systematic fashion is probably outside their range of tolerance. Same reason they banned people for the Aurix dupes. Some things are deemed egregious. I'm thinking OP's actions were deemed egregious as well.

The RMT and easy-target bots are almost an entirely separate issue and they get blanket banned every so often.

Sure, so say I go make 25 mules and delete, then I do some party stuff with you, Omen, Dyna whatever, then give you random items for free, give you beastmen medals etc, give you my HP-bayld from Ambu. Should you get banned? What have you done since I was the one creating the mules and HPing them everywhere?

You guys keep forgetting it's 3 different players, 6 different SE ID's, only 1 account doing something "wrong"

Like I said before, I have a group in the LS that uses exact same addons, about 14 chars together, and none of them got hit. So now being in a party with a char that does TAKO will get you banned as well if you're trading stuff to them? Good job SE.
I mean, it's dirty items/money. If you're routinely getting free stuff from someone that might not be legit (or you know they're not legit under at least some circumstances), that pretty darned suspicious and puts you under possible fire as well.

There's a reason why people in real life can get busted for having counterfeit money or the like even if they didn't make it themselves if there were blatant warning signs that something might be seriously wrong and they ignored them.

How much SE cares and how much collateral damage there is isn't as consistent as it should be, but by knowingly playing with people that cheat there's always that risk.

Yup it is dirty, and it's a game, in a fantasy world. Unless I'm prepping my chars to resell or doing RMT, it is meaningless, a sub is a sub for 30days, having dirty items or gil does not affect that in anyway or other people. Like how long does this game have realistically? 5 years? maybe 7? We're finishing up our Empy riftcinders faster by a few weeks, that's going to change their sub and time in game? Like after going so far, we're just going to say "Yup, Armageddon is done, lets' quit". I don't think so, why do people have like 15+ REMA? LV 99 jobs xALL?

Can't compare this to real life situations, if you did then they should have fixed sparks issue like 5 years ago? It's like going to ATM machine and pressing few buttons to get money out.
By Opasting 2020-07-19 15:37:22  
To add on, if they really care about more subs and time in game, they would do opposite of this. Now because they hit so many players, some of them (like us) won't be coming back, that's $30ishx6 gone. LS/other friends will be like, "Hmm they quit, I don't find it that fun anymore without X doing events, so maybe I'll slowly stop"

Like a cascade trickle to people quitting.

Who are they appeasing anyways? Some purist players that insisit on lv75 cap days and 0 addons or windowerer even? And with that, how big is the playerbase like that? 70 per server?
By Opasting 2020-07-19 15:42:56  
Lili said: »

EDIT 2: what you're doing with this kind of reasoning
Quote:
Again, what's the point of playing when your progress can be halted anytime for no reason. If they are banning for ANY 3rd party tools, lets go for 100% consistency and start banning with windower and gearswap.
is just your attempt to de-responsabilize yourself for what happened: "it's not me who am a cheater, it's SE that treats us unfairly so we don't know which cheats are safe and which ones are not! They're clearly to blame!"

I don't think #1, GM's are the one investigating, it's STF.

Nope, you haven't read, we were prepared for this and probably not returning after this.

If you read SE's policy, they say in BOLD, "ANY" 3rd party tools are not permitted, so if they stick by their word, anyone using windower should be banned. Why not? We're all cheaters in their eyes. If you dare, go report yourself on STF report or GM call and ask if it's ok you have been using windower for past x years and see what happens.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-07-19 15:48:17  
The fact is we all know where the line is drawn, SE even has it all written in black in white to ease that burdening ethical decision for some us. Then we go out and put our own little gray line where we think it should be, because we're our own person and we don't feel the same way. Which is true, we are entitled to our own opinions, but they make the rules and we agreed to that.

I'm not upset in the slightest about their decisions, as I knew the possible outcome of my own decisions. You either play by their rules, or you do play by yours and enjoy what ever it is you enjoy and not be surprised by the outcomes. I still enjoy playing so I keep coming back. Hell I may get banned again who knows, I still enjoy playing. Am I an idiot? Maybe a little, but that's what I chose to do so be it.
[+]
 Shiva.Phioness
サーバ: Shiva
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2020-07-19 15:55:55  
Love how OP keeps justifying their actions while hiding behind a false account. Lets do banned *** math :
(Well Square Enix is gonna loose money)
+
(People still gonna cheat)
+
(All our friends gonna quit so fk this 18 yr old game thats still turning a profit)
=
We don't give a fk about your anonymous sniveling dribble go play RAID SHADOW LEGENDS
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2020-07-19 16:30:20  
Lili said: »

EDIT 2: what you're doing with this kind of reasoning
Quote:
Again, what's the point of playing when your progress can be halted anytime for no reason. If they are banning for ANY 3rd party tools, lets go for 100% consistency and start banning with windower and gearswap.
is just your attempt to de-responsabilize yourself for what happened: "it's not me who am a cheater, it's SE that treats us unfairly so we don't know which cheats are safe and which ones are not! They're clearly to blame!"

I don't think #1, GM's are the one investigating, it's STF.

Nope, you haven't read, we were prepared for this and probably not returning after this.

If you read SE's policy, they say in BOLD, "ANY" 3rd party tools are not permitted, so if they stick by their word, anyone using windower should be banned. Why not? We're all cheaters in their eyes. If you dare, go report yourself on STF report or GM call and ask if it's ok you have been using windower for past x years and see what happens.
Not this ***again.
[+]
 Bahamut.Yukisoba
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Yukisoba
By Bahamut.Yukisoba 2020-07-19 16:34:19  
pretty sure if they ban you, they don't really want you back, but that's just how I feel about it, anyway
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2020-07-19 16:38:29  
Every time S-E farts and does some bans, this ***pops up. Every time it's a durr it's gotta be an add on guyz and eventually it leads to durr they should ban everyone for Windower.

Every single time they don't mention clipping through a *** plant or giving 500% effort.

"*** I got banned, I think (addon here) was the reason. I only used some tools infrequently and it's gotta be that (insert addon here, again)."

"Why is S-E unfair"

Just sticky a template like this for them to use. Also include a disclaimer down below that says they were also using an app from a taco guy.
[+]
By Aquatiq 2020-07-19 17:53:58  
For some people like the OP who seem to be emotionally disconnected from the thing they're investing hours upon hours of their days in, in the end, a ban was the biggest QoL improvement all along.

Not even saying that to be snarky, I genuinely hope you take the time away to enjoy life now, I know how the addiction can build to the point where you're doing chores that you hate and farming gil just to have gil.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-07-19 18:18:48  
Aquatiq said: »
For some people like the OP who seem to be emotionally disconnected from the thing they're investing hours upon hours of their days in, in the end, a ban was the biggest QoL improvement all along.

Not even saying that to be snarky, I genuinely hope you take the time away to enjoy life now, I know how the addiction can build to the point where you're doing chores that you hate and farming gil just to have gil.
are you taking notes OP? this guy knows the hustle he's talking about.
[+]
By mynameisgonz 2020-07-19 20:10:01  
Shichishito said: »
Aquatiq said: »

are you taking notes OP? this guy knows the hustle he's talking about.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-07-19 20:13:18  
So had this been patched? You can't warp to HP you don't have? I had a friend who was doing this with ambuscade and level 1 accounts to get extra materials to sell, but he never got hit for it. I didn't think they cared honestly. Although, its hard to tell if its specifically for this because most that do it also use other things.
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2020-07-19 20:32:17  
It's been patched by SE few weeks ago.
[+]
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2020-07-19 20:38:36  
Draylo said: »
So had this been patched? You can't warp to HP you don't have? I had a friend who was doing this with ambuscade and level 1 accounts to get extra materials to sell, but he never got hit for it. I didn't think they cared honestly. Although, its hard to tell if its specifically for this because most that do it also use other things.

Every warp system has been patched so it doesn't take you somewhere you haven't been to before. Even if you unlock the bits by changing the incoming packet which tells the client that it is unlocked (how some of the older addons worked) then it begins the animation to teleport you and leaves you in a black screen. You can recover from this by force-quit and logging back in though.

Superwarp has been updated to not even send the packets anymore. If anyone's worried about it, update. This is thanks to community effort in finding the correct bits to check back in January actually. Though it was just an option at that time, it's required now. I have to mention that older versions of superwarp won't magically fix this as if it's some kind of glitch. And no local code can revert that fix either.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-07-19 22:32:30  
Oh nice, then almost my whole LS will get suspended, everyone uses SW, and many have been to places they don't have lol.

I have never used Super Warp.

Given Unity Concord, Void Watch, Tenshodo, and Maat teleportation there is really no justification to use Super Warp to unlock Home Points. Hell even Nexus Cape teleports are a thing.

The only people previously using Super Warp either wanted 'faster warps' OR were up to devious activities. Clearly in your case it was the latter.
[+]
 Sylph.Ticktick
サーバ: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2020-07-19 23:12:06  
act like RMT, get treated like RMT. OP probably paid for all his "seperate accounts" with the same CC.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Shichishito 2020-07-20 00:55:20  
not trying to defend OP or hardcore cheaters in general. however i do believe rules should apply to everyone. when they decide to ban for abuse of certain 3rd party tools they should enforce bans to everyone who abused them, not arbitrarily handpick a few and let the majority get away unpunished.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-07-20 01:37:05  
Shichishito said: »
not trying to defend OP or hardcore cheaters in general. however i do believe rules should apply to everyone. when they decide to ban for abuse of certain 3rd party tools they should enforce bans to everyone who abused them, not arbitrarily handpick a few and let the majority get away unpunished.

Yeah, this is where I think a lot of feelings are misunderstood, but also the people getting caught shouldn't be a surprised either. It's just a bad mix of both. What really sucks is it isn't any where near as easy to build back up now either for those that do get hit. :/
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-20 01:59:35  
It would be an impossible task. Short of forgiving all previous transgressions and announcing from now forward. Cause like man they would lose immeasurable subs.

And really bad PR lol. "Every single account on every server, except these two players banned today."
[+]
By Opasting 2020-07-20 07:47:45  
Sylph.Ticktick said: »
act like RMT, get treated like RMT. OP probably paid for all his "seperate accounts" with the same CC.

Do you have reading comprehension?

A - myself (2 accounts)
B - Other person (2 accounts)
C - Other person (2 accounts) - Used 1 account to HP lv 1 mules

It's 3 separate people, so why are A and B getting hit for just participating in an event.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2020-07-20 08:20:13  
SE does not distinguish between offenders and other members of the party. They correctly assume that the most likely case is that one of the two real accounts were also controlling the churning account.

This is a lot more reasonable than when they banned Salvage / NNI buyers for being in party with exploiters.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-07-20 15:01:35  
Sylph.Ticktick said: »

A - myself (2 accounts)

It's 3 separate people, so why are A and B getting hit for just participating in an event.

Oh you joined a random PUG and got a ban?

If you know all this info about this situation, it seems you know exactly why you were banned.
VIP
By Lili 2020-07-20 16:35:46  

I answered you earlier: activity logs, IP logs, chat logs.

But it seems that you prefer disregarding all of the very evident logic behind getting all of you, and claiming SE is unfair for some hand-wavey reason that in your mind make you more of a victim than you actually are.

Asura.Bippin said: »
Oh you joined a random PUG and got a ban?

If you know all this info about this situation, it seems you know exactly why you were banned.

Quoted for truth!
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2020-07-20 17:01:38  

A - myself (2 accounts)

How often do people do VD ambuscade with a never ending rotation of level 1 mules in good faith?

This is you driving a bunch of people in ski mask with guns to rob a dozen banks and wondering how you can be arrested for driving.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-20 17:14:41  
they could at least do it with 2 chars instead of 1
 Pandemonium.Zeto
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-07-20 17:27:42  
Bahamut.Suph said: »

A - myself (2 accounts)

How often do people do VD ambuscade with a never ending rotation of level 1 mules in good faith?

This is you driving a bunch of people in ski mask with guns to rob a dozen banks and wondering how you can be arrested for driving.
But officer! He said he just had to make multiple withdrawals to pay for his ski vacation!
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-07-20 17:50:46  
I can't wait for next month when the next set of bans comes out. Someone else will make some *** topic on how they've been wronged yet used shady AF addons or whatever. *** the inconsistencies, deal with it and move on. These topics are stupider than my helper at work drinking a 26er in his truck by himself last night.
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-07-20 18:13:03  
Gets banned for takoing everywhere for years, makes thread titled "anyone else get banned for using treasury?"
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-07-20 18:24:03  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
drinking a 26er in his truck by himself last night.
What's a 26er?? o_o

EDIT: googled it instead. 26 oz is kinda nothing >.>