New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » News » Site Update 2020.07.06
Site Update 2020.07.06
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-07-07 11:46:21  
Mostly a little display to tell where it currently is up at a glance per server, or just displays which server you have pulled up. The chat log itself would be, meh.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-07 11:48:52  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Mostly a little display to tell where it currently is up at a glance per server, or just displays which server you have pulled up. The chat log itself would be, meh.

Oh, sure, I wouldn't display the chat log. I just needed to know what data I would need to grab to base everything on. The dragon messages, if I recall correctly, follow a fixed format and would be super easy to pattern match against. Turning that data into a status page like the XIV FATE/light stuff used to be wouldn't be hard at all.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-07-07 11:53:16  
Yea, it goes along the lines of XXX troops have broken away from, Yada Yada, and will be showing up in XXX zone in 10 minutes or something along those lines. Then you would have a message that XXX amount of dragons have been killed once it's dead. I think each different unity character throws a little flair into it and phrases it slightly different though.

On the topic of sub forums, aside from an ambu one, an Odyssey one might not hurt either.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 11:58:49  
The only problem is, and this happens all the time on Asura, is that if there's enough people, the 10 minute timer gets knocked down to 5 minutes, then 4 minutes 15 seconds later.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-07-07 12:00:14  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
The only problem is, and this happens all the time on Asura, is that if there's enough people, the 10 minute timer gets knocked down to 5 minutes, then 4 minutes 15 seconds later.
Meh, all it needs to display is that it's currently starting and or being fought in X zone, people can either speed there, or know to idle at the next one.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-07 12:01:29  

Wait, it's that quick? I figured the window would be measured in hours. If it's that fast, what do you need automated notifications for?

Like, I'm not trying to be snarky there, I'm genuinely curious what the use case is if it's at most every ten minutes
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-07-07 12:04:03  
Levi's server, I've only had unity clogged up once, but that's the main reason, sometimes it takes a long time to kill etc. Just convenience is all, can do /sea XXX zone to see if it's packed, sometimes if you are running late might miss the fight and be in wrong zone, things like that.

Purely to help out /ahem Assura.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-07-07 12:06:00  
On the topic of sub forums, aside from an ambu one, an Odyssey one might not hurt either.
In case you missed it Rooks.
By Viciouss 2020-07-07 12:06:44  
Rooks said: »

Wait, it's that quick? I figured the window would be measured in hours. If it's that fast, what do you need automated notifications for?

Like, I'm not trying to be snarky there, I'm genuinely curious what the use case is if it's at most every ten minutes

Yea, DI will at most, take 10 mins to pop, people just don't want to warp out to 3 different spots to try to catch the train. SE just needs to patch unity chat.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 12:08:32  

There are 3 zones, and (at least on Asura) it goes Zi'Tah > Ru'Ann > Rei. So, if you want to start doing DI for your points, you randomly pick a zone, zone in, and check it. Whereisdi saves a little time by asking him where it is and he responds quickly.

It takes 3-4 minutes per dragon, and 60 minutes for Mireu, for the next zone.

So, at most you are looking at 6 zones every hour on Asura. I don't know about other servers though....
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-07 12:12:20  

I saw it, they're already tickets in JIRA.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-07 12:14:17  
Okay, re: DI, this doesn't feel like a good use case for GW integration. I get why y'all would want it, but it doesn't seem to rise to the level of "the plugin doing this would solve so many problems" like it does for shouts.

SE should just fix their broke *** comms code
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-07-07 12:15:18  
Very true. Also fix LS chat upon zoneing, ***drives me bonkers.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 12:17:06  
Okay, re: DI, this doesn't feel like a good use case for GW integration. I get why y'all would want it, but it doesn't seem to rise to the level of "the plugin doing this would solve so many problems" like it does for shouts.

SE should just fix their broke *** comms code
Yeah, I don't blame you. This doesn't rise to the "need" category, just in the "want"

Like how I want you to program me a sandwich!

There's a windower plugin for that.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-07 12:27:39  
I need a volunteer for something.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2020-07-07 12:29:59  
sure :V
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-07-07 12:30:14  
There's a windower plugin for that
Tried it, doesn't wanna work for me, still have to wait to say something after zoning.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-07 12:30:19  
Asura.Frod said: »
sure :V

Thanks!
By Jetackuu 2020-07-07 12:48:04  
I mean that relies on inventory being loaded because of the pearl. If they fixed inventory loading it would inadvertently"fix" that as well. But it looks like they just plan to make it worse, lol..
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-07 12:49:47  
Jetackuu said: »
I mean that relies on inventory being loaded because of the pearl. If they fixed inventory loading it would inadvertently"fix" that as well. But it looks like they just plan to make it worse, lol..

I'm stunned they didn't change linkshells to be item-less when they introduced Unity chat. Like, at that point they clearly had the mechanism to do it without an item, why not just swap over at that point?

Or, for that matter, when they introduced linkshell2
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-07-07 12:50:00  
Viciouss said: »

Yea, DI will at most, take 10 mins to pop, people just don't want to warp out to 3 different spots to try to catch the train. SE just needs to patch unity chat.
I mean they could just go to 1 and wait for it.
By Jetackuu 2020-07-07 12:50:56  

I'm stunned they didn't change linkshells to be item-less when they introduced Unity chat. Like, at that point they clearly had the mechanism to do it without an item, why not just swap over at that point?

Or, for that matter, when they introduced linkshell2
SE does what SE does. Minimal effort, damn the consequences. I mean they still test the game in sub 1080p resolution...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 12:53:40  
Minimal effort, damn the consequences.
But isn't that every game company?
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-07 13:03:01  
But isn't that every company?

ftfy
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 14:50:05  
But isn't that everybody?

ftfy
ftfy for your ftfy!
 Bahamut.Balduran
サーバ: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2020-07-07 15:31:52  
Hi Rooks, many thanks for the hard work and amazing changes done to the site and other features.

Can I please check with you if the issue with augmented ranged weapons not being recognized by the site due to ID issue and not showing in the relics list on ffxiah character page is fixed? (I've regretted instantly augmenting my fomalhaut when I obtained it before it synced to my page)
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-07 15:56:49  
Bahamut.Balduran said: »
Can I please check with you if the issue with augmented ranged weapons not being recognized by the site due to ID issue and not showing in the relics list on ffxiah character page is fixed? (I've regretted instantly augmenting my fomalhaut when I obtained it before it synced to my page)

This works for me in dev; I don't know why it's broken in production.

Still looking, sorry :\
By Felgarr 2020-07-07 16:31:25  
Bahamut.Balduran said: »

This works for me in dev; I don't know why it's broken in production.

Still looking, sorry :\

I too have the same exact issue with Fomalhaut (that I rank 15'ed). Thanks for your hard work Rooks!
[+]
 Asura.Artoriusrex
Guildwork Premium
user: yangjie
By Asura.Artoriusrex 2020-07-07 17:00:25  
same here!
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-07-07 18:12:05  

I saw it, they're already tickets in JIRA.
UNMs also? lol, thanks for the hard work!