Escutcheon Final Phase - My Experience

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Escutcheon final phase - my experience
Escutcheon final phase - my experience
By probot85 2022-02-08 11:21:19  
I am glad you put this up, this guide has been the most helpful to me. Is there anywhere where there is a full list of all possible combos to make chains with spheres or at least a couple more combos? Please and thanks in advanced.
 Asura.Toralin
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-02-08 11:29:12  
1 detonation
2 scission
3 liquefaction
4 impaction
5 fragmentation
6 light
7 induration
8 reverberation
9 distortion
10 gravitation
11 darkness

I used this when I did my shields years ago
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-02-08 11:35:35  
Shouldn't do more than 3 step chains unless you have an abundance of t1 spheres you just need to burn down

Your chains are as follows:

liquefaction -> impaction -> fragmentation (light)
induration -> reverberation -> fusion (light)
transfixion -> scission -> gravitation (darkness)
detonation -> compression -> distortion (darkness)

You can also add A t3 light or dark sphere to the end of each of those to make it double light or darkness, but you would be much better off just taking a little longer to finish your shield and selling each and every T3 sphere you craft.

I made 350m profit while completing my shield just from taking the time to sell every t3 sphere and only doing the above chains

HOWEVER, it is important to note that I also did this before sparks was nerfed, so all the idiots were still buying spheres en masse, I am unsure if people still buy spheres. If they do though, just sell all the t3 ones and make bank

Make bank during the shield making because you certainly aren't making any gil with an escutcheon in todays crafting market anyway ohohohohohohoho
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2022-02-08 13:14:50  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
HOWEVER, it is important to note that I also did this before sparks was nerfed, so all the idiots were still buying spheres en masse, I am unsure if people still buy spheres. If they do though, just sell all the t3 ones and make bank

Make bank during the shield making because you certainly aren't making any gil with an escutcheon in todays crafting market anyway ohohohohohohoho
I feel called out here.
Must say making an escutcheon is like I've heard owning a restaurant to be: Spend a lot of money to make a little.
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2022-02-08 13:16:24  
I made my shield to sign my own Morgelai. Worth every gil.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-02-08 13:35:16  
I made mine to sign Turms and a run neck. Signatures for yourself and friends and always a good investment. Not many other things in the game feel as cool
[+]
 Bismarck.Drakelth
サーバ: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2022-02-08 18:18:39  
commenting for future reference
By Kazaki 2022-02-25 03:21:47  
Sorry for the bump but how is OP getting 21 spirit per 3-step here? I only get 15...
 Gilgamesh.Maletaru
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: maletaru
By Gilgamesh.Maletaru 2022-02-25 08:39:51  
He's combining the spirit from all 3 synthchains. You get 1 for the sphere by itself, 5 for the second sphere (T2 SC), and then 15 for the third sphere (T3 SC). This is 21 total for 3 spheres, which is what he's referring to.
 Ragnarok.Eotfofyl
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: EOTFOFYL
By Ragnarok.Eotfofyl 2022-02-25 13:19:22  
Chimerawizard said: »
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »

I feel called out here.
Must say making an escutcheon is like I've heard owning a restaurant to be: Spend a lot of money to make a little.

I bought a tooooon of spheres twice. It sped up the process considerably. I mean, I wouldn't farm 10k beits either. I'd just buy them. I'm sure that's not just me.
By probot85 2022-02-28 12:22:18  
Kazaki said: »
Sorry for the bump but how is OP getting 21 spirit per 3-step here? I only get 15...

They are adding up the entire chain. The initial synth is 1 spirit, tier 2 synth is 5, and closing with light or darkness on tier 3 for 15 spirit.

1 + 5 + 15 = 21 spirit for a 3 step chain
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Worlace
サーバ: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2022-04-20 17:14:06  
Recently completed my shield on Asura. Did not keep explicit track, but I estimate it cost approx 350m to finish the final stage. Transfixion, Reverberation, and Compression were the most expensive and hardest to come by, so I stuck with predominantly Fusion -> Fragmentation skillchain. I sporadically farmed for cards (maybe 500 total) and sold the T3 that I crafted from those cards, which helped a bit but not earth shattering.

I also don't know how it would make any sense to farm cards daily and craft those up. I had an easy 50% break rate on crafts and lost cards frequently, using Rusk with Confectioner Ring, and synth +1% ring as well. I don't know how the people who craft spheres consistently have as low a break rate as they do.
 Bahamut.Lunatix
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lunatix 2022-04-21 06:37:34  
Having all your subcrafts leveled to 70 will help with sphere break rate.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-04-21 06:58:31  
keep in mind that spheres are desynth not synth, and each has a craft associated with it(but caps very low), so there are still things you can do to improve results such as leveling subcrafts or using https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Moghancement:_Desynthesis

the bg-wiki page says 1-2%, but i'm pretty sure it's actually more if you build light to strong level, don't think i've ever seen a meaningful test to get an accurate rate down though

i got strong aura by using 13 thuribles, but you can get away with only using one as long as you stack 92+ thunder aura worth of items with aura strength of 7 or less(console and spence have 6 each and are pretty cheap to make, so 16 of those with a thurible would do it while capping storage)
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-04-21 07:07:27  
spoilers:
[+]
By Bongarippa 2022-04-21 11:06:42  
Valefor.Worlace said: »

I also don't know how it would make any sense to farm cards daily and craft those up. I had an easy 50% break rate on crafts and lost cards frequently, using Rusk with Confectioner Ring, and synth +1% ring as well. I don't know how the people who craft spheres consistently have as low a break rate as they do.

Better to use craft success ring and craftsman ring with a kitron macaron. The hq rate is already so high on the cards that you wont really notice a difference in hq rate but you will notice a difference in break rate.
[+]
 Valefor.Worlace
サーバ: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2022-04-21 15:22:19  
Thanks for all the input.

Did not know the spheres desynth was impacted by subcrafts at all. The old ffxiclopedia page had some increased info on desynth that I looked at (https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Desynthesis) will be good to try out desynthesis moghancement Because it was cooking shield, don't have many subcrafts leveled on that character. May do it more on my alt then that has every subcraft maxed.

Any idea what subcraft impacts which elemental synth?

@Avereith yeah that's fair, but I watched one synth next to me where the break/loss rate appeared that it was sub 10%. My break rate is 50%, and loss rate is high too.

@Bongaririppa yes been experimenting with both macaron and rusk.
By Veydal1 2022-04-21 15:42:31  
It's a numbers game. I've had stretches of near 20 synths without a break at all. And vice versa...lol. I can't say I've seen sub levels impact results in a few thousand sphere's worth of desynths. My general breakdown was -
Successful Sphere desynth: 74% and 72% between two characters (74% having desynth moghancement)
T1 Sphere - 70%
T2 Sphere - 20%
T3 Sphere - 10%

This was across ~6 thousand successful spheres so far. So a decent sample size. One character has a couple subs at lvl 0 (GS & LC), while the other is only missing max sub on one craft, but it's lvl 21. The breakdown of T1/T2/T3 was the same for both.

I also went the route of using Kitron fulltime, including the focuser once I saw mentioned that you can skillup during synthchains. Haven't seen that myself but found that odd and figured better safe than sorry.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-04-21 16:04:17  
I've also tracked my successful synths (though not my success/break rate, because I don't have third-party software for that), and the rates fall right in line with everyone else's:
T1 spheres: 69.45%
T2 spheres: 19.88%
T3 spheres: 10.67%

This is over 6,750 spheres. Oh, and I have all subcrafts capped, but since I don't have the success/failure rates that may not be helpful. Anecdotally, I think 70% success rate sounds about right. I use Moglification: Clothcraft because I was too lazy to change my mog house around for desynthesis

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kaht
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2022-04-21 16:51:18  
I tracked all my synths, my numbers are similar:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y4OHa2QgSzrNGulS1Sk9zQNE8KZLfoicrj4cmfCTKJo/edit?usp=sharing

Here are my relevant findings:

Success Rate: 45.45%
NQ/HQ1 Rate: 69.89%
HQ2 Rate: 19.59%
HQ3 Rate: 10.53%
Break Rate: 54.55%
Card Loss Rate: 44.28%

These synths were all done in my mog garden, always with ionis, WITHOUT food, and WITHOUT moghancement: desynth. Since Thorny mentioned above there's not much data to test the desynth success rate, feel free to use my #s as a test base vs someone making a shield using the moghancement (and/or food).
 Bismarck.Drakelth
サーバ: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2022-04-21 22:58:38  
finished mine in 3.5 months, all in all not really that bad of a process.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2022-05-02 00:17:21  
Just finished my shield using a fairly unorthodox strategy, I only used 2 synthchains for pretty much the entire shield. In total I used about 2300 each Distortion, Reverb, Induration, Fusion, Compression, and Detonation, and less than 50 of the rest. I did ~160 light/darkness (T3) chains.

I saw people using food while synthchaining, but nobody would ever answer me when I asked if it worked, so I took it upon myself to do some testing. In my opinion it does work; I used coconut rusks for about half of my shield and the data shows an improvement in HQ rates and lower break rates. I did ~4k synths with food and ~8.5k without.

I also tracked every single sphere I used, including whether it was break, NQ, HQ1, HQ2, whether I used food, etc. Hopefully this information is helpful to someone considering making a shield. Copy the data down from Google docs add in your own cost for spheres and crystals and it will let you know about how much it will cost you, including spheres, catalysts, and crystals.

Mine cost about 570m all things considered, though I did farm a lot of it, I consider opportunity costs as a part of it so not selling those spheres is more-or-less the same as buying them.

Cheers, good luck to everyone who is working on or thinking of working on one. In the end it was a hell of a lot of work and a *** of gil, but I'm really proud of it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kfHhDFMp0_0loybxAYZVEOAK1h_k_Ougb00NcMc1TTE/edit?usp=sharing
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [259 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-01-15 18:12:31  
Just finished my second shield using basically the same strategy as last time, except I bought more spheres and farmed fewer. In the end I used:
2235 Compression, 2304 Reverberation, 2297 Fusion, 2237 Detonation, 2235 Compression, 2231 Distortion, and less than 100 each of the rest. In total, 82 T3 synthchains were done.

I checked my HQ rates and compared them to my previous shield where rusks were intermittently used, this time I used a coconut rusk 100% of the time. The HQ rates were almost exactly the same, so I take back my previous statement, I don't think food does ***.

Results (rusk shield first):
fail: 4.09/4.05%
HQ: 5.44/5.47%
HQ2: 1.91/1.76%

I updated the Google sheet listed above with the second shield results as well. Hope this info is helpful to someone, cheers!
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [168 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-07-02 16:01:29  
Just finished my third shield; as you might predict, I used the same method more-or-less. Here are my results:

Spheres used: 2403 Compression, 2396 Detonation, 2368 Distortion, 2313 Induration, 2302 Reverberation, 2302 Fusion, 194 Darkness, 1 Scission, 1 Gravitation (those last two were keying mistakes on my part...). This time I did not use any food the whole time. Fails went up and absorbed some of the HQs, but that's probably just random *shrug*

Synthchain results (100% rusk, intermittent rusk, no rusk):
fail: 4.09/4.05/5.20%
HQ: 5.44/5.47/5.35%
HQ2: 1.91/1.76/1.22%

I also updated the Google sheet again with the full data if anyone wants to look at it.
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2023-07-02 18:03:31  
Outside of buying spheres, what is the most time-efficient way to obtain spheres?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-02 18:20:08  
Bot. That's how they're all made.

Manually, cards. That's the only real way, you have to stop every kill when you do the other stuff. Cards you just stack up and then craft at once.
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2023-07-02 18:21:35  
Well that's not an awesome answer.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-07-02 18:24:14  
It's a fool's task, nothing awesome about it.
[+]