On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2023-01-18 11:19:02  
Again like anything combat related it depends on what you are fighting, what buffs you have and what other jobs there are. If you need a lot of macc then use a full macc set and weapon, if you don't need that much macc but you want more potency you can use higher MND build with a MND weapon and if you still done need that much macc you can go for a full MND set.

Whether you like it or not there are situations for all 3 weapons, if you want to show off your r30 Bunzi's there's not many people stopping you, is it optimal? Maybe, maybe not.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2023-01-18 13:18:39  
Odin.Creaucent said: »
Again like anything combat related it depends on what you are fighting, what buffs you have and what other jobs there are. If you need a lot of macc then use a full macc set and weapon, if you don't need that much macc but you want more potency you can use higher MND build with a MND weapon and if you still done need that much macc you can go for a full MND set.

Whether you like it or not there are situations for all 3 weapons, if you want to show off your r30 Bunzi's there's not many people stopping you, is it optimal? Maybe, maybe not.

Yeah we know we all said it multiple times. This is just a cop out response by trying to reframe the debate and imply something that was never said
All at the same time while you are trying to hide that you got corrected on all points/arguments.

To go with your argument of combat specifics but still on the debated point; No combat specifics that I can think of will make it better to drop 28 Macc vs only dropping 17 Macc to get the same 15 MND. If you know of one please let me know.

Bottom line is that is NOT optimal do trade Bunzi R30 or Yag R15 For daybreak as the first choice as it has worse Macc to MND conversion rate than other pieces.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2023-01-18 13:57:29  
Asura.Sechs said: »
, but unless I'm wrong you cap MND potency pretty early with the gear options we have nowadays, and any additional MND past that will "only" contribute to the "landing rate" of debuffs.

Just out of extreme curiosity. Any test or reasons for believing its an easy cap?

I've tried looking for mob stat testing, but I could not find any. and this is not as easy and back in 75 day were I would use /check to find evasion value on mobs by changing my physical accuracy around. So not really that motivated to go out and test myself atm.
By DaneBlood 2023-01-18 14:00:37  
Odin.Stayfresh said: »
I’m not R15ing my yagrush and won’t ever rank up Bunzi. I’m just going to use something else.

The is absolutely a personal choice and its fine imho. everybody can play how they like with whatever time they can afford to the game to have fun on it.
And on that case daybreak is a strong choice.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2023-01-18 14:24:51  
DaneBlood said: »
Odin.Creaucent said: »

Yeah we know we all said it multiple times. This is just a cop out response by trying to reframe the debate and imply something that was never said
All at the same time while you are trying to hide that you got corrected on all points/arguments.

To go with your argument of combat specifics but still on the debated point; No combat specifics that I can think of will make it better to drop 28 Macc vs only dropping 17 Macc to get the same 15 MND. If you know of one please let me know.

Bottom line is that is NOT optimal do trade Bunzi R30 or Yag R15 For daybreak as the first choice as it has worse Macc to MND conversion rate than other pieces.

I may have said it multiple times but you certainly don't understand it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-22 13:19:45  
Meh disregard, it's close enough
By DaneBlood 2023-01-22 20:48:27  
Moving on to something productive.

My cure calculator was not the most nice design by using google spreadsheet, as people would need to import it over to their google account etc.

I created this one instead that is a lot easier to get to use and also might look less scary then a spreadsheet

https://embed.calculoid.com/?calcId=98366&apiKey=60dfaae363cd93ab798a8

MP efficiencies will be added later
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-01-23 01:15:28  
DaneBlood said: »
, but unless I'm wrong you cap MND potency pretty early with the gear options we have nowadays, and any additional MND past that will "only" contribute to the "landing rate" of debuffs.

Just out of extreme curiosity. Any test or reasons for believing its an easy cap?
I could be wrong, why I asked to be corrected because I'm not 100% sure.

The three white magic enfeeble spells that have variable potency depending on MND are Addle (cap at 100 dMND), Slow (75) and Paralyze (40).

Ongo at v25 should have ~445 MND
On V0 it has 100 less.
Data is not known for Sortie bosses.
I don't think any other boss currently in game has such high stats, outside of V25 Odyssey stuff.

Well I guess we could be talking about Escha bosses, some easily reach +400 base stat, but inside escha you have ~33 more stats yourself so you can't make a 1:1 comparison.

Also when doing calculations don't forget the +50 you get from Master Levels.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2023-01-23 07:01:30  
I could be wrong, why I asked to be corrected because I'm not 100% sure.

The three white magic enfeeble spells that have variable potency depending on MND are Addle (cap at 100 dMND), Slow (75) and Paralyze (40).

Ongo at v25 should have ~445 MND
On V0 it has 100 less.
Data is not known for Sortie bosses.
I don't think any other boss currently in game has such high stats, outside of V25 Odyssey stuff.

Well I guess we could be talking about Escha bosses, some easily reach +400 base stat, but inside escha you have ~33 more stats yourself so you can't make a 1:1 comparison.

Also when doing calculations don't forget the +50 you get from Master Levels.

TY for the info.
I had no idea on top of my head how to even start measuring without going into some long testing on either proc rate or the benefits of MND into MAgicl hitrate. Which would have take a bunch of attemps to get enough data.
By saplan25 2023-02-02 02:34:14  
Working on a regen set for WHM. Should I be using Bolelalunga(Potency) or Oranyan (Duration).

Is it just a personal preference?
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2023-02-02 03:24:34  
Very much gonna be personal preference tbh. I tend to like as much duration as possible, with only relic+3 body for potency. Still puts you in the 50-60/tick range somewhere (depending on merits/job gifts) and you can hit over 4mins for duration with good enhancing/regen duration gear.

If you can be bothered playing the Oseem game you can get 6% (5 if not using fern stones) duration on a gada and pair it with ammurapi shield for a bit more duration over oranyan too. Bolelebunga/ammurapi is a nice middle ground too, which I'm sure a lot of people use.

Also worth noting that, unless I'm mistaken, percentage bonuses from gear only apply to the base regen value (30 in the case of regen IV) and then everything else is added after. So 10% ends up being only 3 more/tick.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-02-02 06:05:35  
% values are multiplied by Base + Seconds.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2023-02-02 07:09:26  
saplan25 said: »
Working on a regen set for WHM. Should I be using Bolelalunga(Potency) or Oranyan (Duration).

Is it just a personal preference?

Club and Ammurapi shield for the same duration as Oranyan and the higher potency.
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2023-02-02 08:27:07  
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

I see that it possibly wasn't super clear, but I was talking about regen potency and not duration.

The enhancing duration formula is pretty clear over on wiki, while the regen potency one kinda isn't. I'd assume all percentage bonuses are treated like arbatel bonnet in the formula though.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2023-02-02 11:51:48  
Asura.Chendar said: »
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

I see that it possibly wasn't super clear, but I was talking about regen potency and not duration.

The enhancing duration formula is pretty clear over on wiki, while the regen potency one kinda isn't. I'd assume all percentage bonuses are treated like arbatel bonnet in the formula though.

They are, actually. I had checked this out when I was doing Musa and Morgelai testing. Just never bothered to add that to other pages.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [49 days between previous and next post]
By Manque 2023-03-23 23:02:55  
How can I edit my partybuffs file to only show detrimental status effects. I find the addon useful but buff spam makes it difficult to react on the fly. I would like it to apply to anyone in my party and not just players I specify.

For example,

blacklist = {
Player_1 = {
WAR = L{0,22,23,24,25,26,27,32,34,35},

How can I change this?
 Bismarck.Yvan
サーバ: Bismarck
user: yvan
By Bismarck.Yvan 2023-03-24 07:07:38  
Manque said: »
How can I edit my partybuffs file to only show detrimental status effects. I find the addon useful but buff spam makes it difficult to react on the fly. I would like it to apply to anyone in my party and not just players I specify.

For example,

blacklist = {
Player_1 = {
WAR = L{0,22,23,24,25,26,27,32,34,35},

How can I change this?

Use whitelist mode and just add in the things you want to keep track of.
Code
whitelist = {
    Yvan= {
        WHM = L{40,41,21,128,31,33,100,9,20,4,566,10},}
}
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-03-25 14:59:43  
Looking for WHM DT capped sets as I start taking on some WHM A3 v25 clears

what you all got for FC set/cure set, any other tips, considering you will be getting smacked in the face by an add
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2023-03-25 18:30:34  
Asura.Toralin said: »

what you all got for FC set/cure set, any other tips, considering you will be getting smacked in the face by an add

I'm assuming you mean capped DT Cure midcast sets, since idle is pretty straightforward.

I have been reworking mine recently. This is for Cure midcast in Afflatus Solace without weather, as you would be in a V25 Gaol fight. The set is still a build in progress. My JSE+2 neck is not yet R25. Once it is, I should be able to swap Ambuscade Cape Augments from Enmity -10 and PDT-10% to Fast Cast and Resist Status Ailment or DT.

Ababinili is also a piece to consider if you don't have Raetic +1. It has a huge chunk of CPI and -10% DT on it. Combined with Defending Ring and Empyrean +3 legs, it gives you a lot of freedom to use almost whatever you want in the rest of your set.
Code
    sets.midcast.CureSolace = {
    main="Raetic Rod +1", --CPI: 23%, CPII: 10%, Enmity -5
    sub="Sors Shield", --CPI: 3%, Enmity -5
    ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1", --DT: 3%
    head={ name="Kaykaus Mitra +1", augments={'MP+80','"Cure" spellcasting time -7%','Enmity-6',}}, --CPI: 11%, Enmity -6
    body="Ebers Bliaut +3", --Afflatus Solace +18
    hands={ name="Nyame Gauntlets", augments={'Path: B',}}, --DT: 7%
    legs="Ebers Pant. +3", --DT: 13%
    feet={ name="Nyame Sollerets", augments={'Path: B',}}, --DT: 7%
    neck={ name="Clr. Torque +2", augments={'Path: A',}}, --CPI 10%, Enmity -17 (-25 when cap)
    waist="Shinjutsu-no-Obi +1", --CMP +15
    left_ear="Mendi. Earring", --CPI: 5%, CMP +2
    right_ear="Ebers Earring +1", --Enmity -8, DT: 4%
    left_ring={ name="Mephitas's Ring +1", augments={'Path: A',}}, --Enmity -3~7, CMP +15
    right_ring="Defending Ring", --DT: 10%
    back={ name="Alaunus's Cape", augments={'MND+20','Eva.+20 /Mag. Eva.+20','Mag. Evasion+10','Enmity-10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
      } --CPI: 52%, CPII: 10%, Enmity -54-58, CMP: +32, DT: 44%, PDT: 54%

Other tips: Know when to use this and when to use a less defensive set. You only need this if you are actively being hit, or in range of AoEs (which you should not be in a V25 T3 unless you are tanking an add). Eat Miso Ramen/+1. Minne and Ballads should not be neglected on the White Mage. Gallant's Roll is cool but unnecessary. Choral Roll is dumb. Use Aquaveil and have a Cure midcast set with capped SIR. Don't make your poor Corsair either roll four times or have shitty rolls when they have to DD.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2023-03-25 20:42:40  
ItemSet 364035
cape: PDT.

for single target cures, swap body to ebers+3.

I suggest making sure your sets don't cause your HP to fluctuate too much. on v20 mboze the add was on my whm the whole time, and my hp didn't move much thanks to curaga spam. wish sortie existed when i had to tank that.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2023-03-26 13:43:17  
ItemSet 384946

Cape: Meva and MND

For curaga swap to Theophany body +3

IMO:
- I would not really worry about cure potency 1-2 pieces in a hybrid cure set
- However depending on situations swapping in conserveMP belt/ring can be needed if can elevate any mp issues
Just remind that ring cause you to loose HP and changing belt make you miss out on the 1/8 dmg resits proc
- Even though cape can get you a healthy 10 PDT it is also one of the slots that you sacrifice the most meva in to get it. Both ring and sub slots the price for 10 PDT is less in Meva cost

Adjust as see fit

P.S
You might be able to squeeze in gelation ring instead of defending to soften the hp loss from the ConMP ring if you dont have/want to use Janiston
[+]
By DaneBlood 2023-03-26 14:03:08  
Asura.Toralin said: »

Sidenote
You dont need DT in fastcast set if you are using gearswap.
both precast and midtcast set are set in the same packets so for the resolution of game time you never spend time in your fastcast set and no monster can attack you in it.

Focus on HP to not let you HP drop and leave you "wounded" in your midtcast set
[+]
 Valefor.Kriz
サーバ: Valefor
user: Kriz
By Valefor.Kriz 2023-03-27 10:41:30  
I have two sets I enjoy using for Ody content.

One set is designed to maximize DT, Enmity-, and Haste, while throwing in potency where possible.

The goal with this set, which is my default set, is to always be as safe as possible, minimize taking hate, and maximize the ability to spam spells ASAP.
Code
	sets.midcast.Cure.DT = {
		main="Queller Rod",				-- Enmity -15, 15% CP, 2% CP II
		sub="Genmei Shield",				-- 10 PDT
		ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",			-- 03 DT, Resistance to all status ailments +11, Spell interruption rate -11%
		head="Kaykaus Mitra +1",			-- 11% CP 02% CP II set bonus, 6% Haste
		neck="Cleric's Torque +2",			-- Enmity -25, 10% CP
		ear1="Odnowa Earring +1",			-- 3DT, 2MDT, 110MP -> HP
		ear2="Glorious Earring",			-- Enmity -5 2% CP II
		body="Theo. Bliaut +3",				-- 06% CP II, Enmity -6, 3% Haste (But using +18 Solace Body except for Curagas. Same Haste on Ebers)
		hands="Theophany Mitts +3",			-- 04% CP II, Enmity -7, 3% Haste
		ring1="Defending Ring",				-- 10 DT
		ring2="Gelatinous Ring +1",			-- 07 PDT +1MDT
		back=gear.cure_jse_back,			-- 10 DT 10% Haste
		waist="Luminary Sash",				-- Replaced with Korin Obi automatically if appropriate
		legs="Ebers Pant. +3",				-- 5% Haste, 13DT, 20%+ Benison FC, -10+ Benison Enmity, 15% Healing Magic FC
		feet="Kaykaus Boots +1"				-- Enmity -6, 17% CP (11 + 06), 02% CP II set bonus, 3% Haste
	}

A lot of Ody V25 asks the WHM to spam Curagas and somehow not die. As such, I use this set to push SIRD to the max (with merits, assuming 5/5 SIRD you'd be overcap.).
Code
	sets.midcast.Cure.SIRD = {                                            -- Cure     /    PDT/DT    /    SIRD
		main="Queller Rod",                                                -- 10% / 2% 
		sub="Genmei Shield",                                            --            /     10
		ammo=gear.dt_ammo,                                                --            /    3            11
		head=gear.whm_empy_head
		body="Theo. Bliaut +3",
		hands=gear.chironic_sird_hands,									--	 						31
		legs=gear.whm_empy_legs,                                        --            /     12
		feet="Theo. Duckbills +3",                                        --                            29
		neck="Loricate Torque +1",                                        --            /    6            5
		waist="Korin Obi",
		left_ear="Nourish. Earring +1",                                    -- 6%                        5
		right_ear="Magnetic Earring",                                    --                             8
		left_ring="Defending Ring",                                        --                10
		right_ring="Freke Ring",                                        --                            10
		back=gear.jse_cure_back,                                        -- 10%            10
	}
By DaneBlood 2023-03-28 00:01:07  
Trying to redesing idle sets here

ItemSet 389430
Code
sets["WHM Idle New"] = {
    main="Mpaca's Staff",
    sub="Mensch Strap +1",
    ammo="Staunch Tathlum +1",
    head="Nyame Helm",
    neck="Warder's Charm +1",
    ear1="Moonshade Earring",
    ear2="Ebers Earring +2",
    body="Ebers Bliaut +3",
    hands="Nyame Gauntlets",
    ring1="Stikini Ring +1",
    ring2="Stikini Ring +1",
    back="Alaunus's Cape",
    waist="Carrier's Sash",
    legs="Ebers Pant. +3",
    feet="Ebers Duckbills +3"
}

I'm way over on DT but i cant seem to remove some without hurting it in other defensive stats (meva/resist)

this is the midle of the bases set
if mp falls to low Oneiros Grip will be swapped in
if MP is high meva ring and earrings will be swapped in

I guess I could swap in enki strap for more meva at he cost of 3 regen.

Any feedback to something im missing

the goals
CAP DT
Get high meva
Get in some decent refresh

At lower MP levels defensive gear will be replaced with more refresh gear

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Chimerawizard 2023-03-28 02:38:03  
I'd swap in fortified ring, warden's ring, eluder's sachet, & Plat. Mog. Belt.

Unless the enemy is using light or dark elements, the neck piece already has you in positive resists, unlocking the 1/8th resist rate. I am assuming I will be basically tanking the adds in the set though since crit- isn't needed unless you're getting beat down constantly.

If you prefer the staunch no big, it's still a lot less frequent crits you'll get chunked by.

For main/sub, either swap to Daybreak or irenic strap +1.

edit: oshit forgot about HP+10%... that may cause issues if the precast set isn't high enough HP.
edit2: forgot it's ebers hands w/ the DT on it. staunch kinda needed if you want to avoid dt/pdt on the backpiece.
maybe looks something like this:
ItemSet 390603
back: MND+20 mEVA+45 Enmity-10.

After I started putting enemy crit- in my DT sets, I just can't stop. It's crazy just how less dangerous things seem when I wear them.
By Dodik 2023-03-28 04:14:38  
Chimerawizard said: »
maybe looks something like this:
ItemSet 390603

Whm can't wear Lugalbanda.
By DaneBlood 2023-03-28 08:15:15  
Odin.Stayfresh said: »
I like the 20 DT on Malignance Pole. Personally, I haven’t made any whm +3 yet. Pretty easy to cap with that and a couple pieces of +3 I imagine.

No idea if you’re interested in using that or not.

The issue I had with malignance pole is that you get so much DT on high meva pieces that you go over cap, and it end up close to useless.
its a strong piece midt ways. but in HQ set it just offer very little.
Just like Qrod. its has a lot of cure potency but in a HQ curing set, going for Cure potency II components caps you Cure potency 1 anyway. So it only really offers the small cure potency 2 stat
By DaneBlood 2023-03-28 08:25:39  
Unless the enemy is using light or dark elements, the neck piece already has you in positive resists, unlocking the 1/8th resist rate.

Yup I just couldn't find anything else to put in there and I do love the meva for status ailment resist
Neck offer loricate neck but that does nothing atm.

If you prefer the staunch no big, it's still a lot less frequent crits you'll get chunked by.
At this point the staunch is just for the added resist rate.

For main/sub, either swap to Daybreak or irenic strap +1.
I did make a set with daybrake+ammurabiy. it did boost Meva quite a bit but at at some refresh cost
I wanted to see how much i could bridge that gab with a staff set. since stap is slightly easier to adjust for differnt refresh levels

staunch kinda needed if you want to avoid dt/pdt on the backpiece.
yup I am wanting to avoid puttin DT on backpiece since its one of the more expensive places in cost of meva

After I started putting enemy crit- in my DT sets, I just can't stop. It's crazy just how less dangerous things seem when I wear them.
hmm never though much about crit rate down in idle sets. Thank this might give me some pieces to work with

P.S.
Completely forgot about the meva on Platinum moogle belt
with the high level of regen in gear + regen spell maybe it can avoid issues with going into yellow in idle set

i have that issue on my cor atm leaving me in yellow whenever i go into idle set....causing blood aggro... not good
First Page 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24