June 2020 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 18 19 20
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 14:40:03  
Aerix said: »
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Dude, he *** literally said 2m/week and now you guys are saying farm more. What side of the fence are you sitting on?? If you're farming more than 2m/week then I guess it's pretty safe to say you need more than 2m/week to get to endgame. Eschite Ores were also *** 10-50k when content was released, so there's inflation with everything.

2M/week was an example a different poster made. "Getting to endgame" is entirely relative anyway. You could be a completely naked COR with Barataria Ring who gets to run Omen/Dyna/Ambu with friends without needing even close to 2m/week. Connections are everything.

If you solo from zero to hero just gearing via Skirmish/DI/VE Ambu/Geas Fete then you're not going to need any gil until much later either.

Those "expensive" items you mentioned are just entry tickets to get into PUGs or the like.

A freshly ambu geared 99WHM can contend in any content.. period

you can fully gear a WHM for alot less than 2m a week.

Ask anyone that has made whm mules for VD ambu spam to rotate in. They aren't investing ANYTHING outside of rare/ex ambu gear and clearing endgame content just fine.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 14:45:57  
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Dude, he *** literally said 2m/week and now you guys are saying farm more. What side of the fence are you sitting on?? If you're farming more than 2m/week then I guess it's pretty safe to say you need more than 2m/week to get to endgame. Eschite Ores were also *** 10-50k when content was released, so there's inflation with everything.

2M/week was an example a different poster made. "Getting to endgame" is entirely relative anyway. You could be a completely naked COR with Barataria Ring who gets to run Omen/Dyna/Ambu with friends without needing even close to 2m/week. Connections are everything.

If you solo from zero to hero just gearing via Skirmish/DI/VE Ambu/Geas Fete then you're not going to need any gil until much later either.

Those "expensive" items you mentioned are just entry tickets to get into PUGs or the like.

Ask anyone that has made whm mules for VD ambu spam to rotate in. They aren't investing ANYTHING outside of rare/ex ambu gear and clearing endgame content just fine.

I can do content naked if I want, provided the other 5 people are well geared.

Now put 6 new people into endgame on 2 mil a week the way the economy is right now.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 14:47:54  
kreek said: »

With a BRD for ballads I am sure you can do most VD Ambus on a gimp WHM, but without Empyrean legs+3 or Ballads I am sure you would find yourself short on MP in some of the fights.

Sure.. It's all situational.

We used to shout for hours to make the perfect job setup around your own restrictions. Again... the problem is people are butt hurt that this SINGULAR event is being nerfed.

Go farm things, outside sparks. materials. Supply crafters. Whatever you want to do.

If your plan is to sparks farm 3 times a week so that you can maintain the highest level of non FFXI related social interaction. Than you need to accept that you either wont have the nicest things... or you need to re-arrange your priorities to play more.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-10 14:48:13  

Because every new player can't wait to start playing FFXI as a WHM.

So, not a new player.

Our definitions of new players are on 2 sides of the spectrum. Not every new player will have connections to let them leech being half-naked. A new player, even if it's a WHM, isn't going to be doing VD ambus.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-06-10 14:49:12  
Starting as a whm, being any argument at all is automatic fail. just sayin.

Eh it's all good, just start as the shittiest job (to play) in the game. You'll learn to like it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-06-10 14:49:17  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Shichishito said: »
oh, and crafters don't over price everything. Right now the profit margins are so thin that unless you have a shield you really can't turn reliable profits, at least in the durable goods market dominated by HQs. When you're selling 80% of your NQs to an NPC at 8% of the cost it took to make it, one bad session of below average HQ rates can result in you being broke for weeks.

The smart crafters are actually pricing things below what non-shield owners can afford to craft at, to keep them out of the market. If it wasn't a "HQ or bust" market I'd call them the Walmarts of Vana'diel.
i think this HQ focused crafting system produces way to many NQs to not sell to npc. there is not enough demand for NQ and only 7 AH slots per character.

Well of course. The numbers involved in HQ rates result in a number of NQ products produced that exceed server populations! And the mindset of "HQ onry" is what caused this. Now, recent new synths have changed this pattern, but for over 15 years HQs in this game were often 2-5% "better" than their NQ equivalents, but priced 500% or more of the NQ. Now at least with HQ set bonuses or Su5 that allows augments that grow further those HQs "sort of" justify such a price difference. But if people found out they can tank with a Moonbeam Ring almost as easy as a Moonlight Ring, then the price of the NQ would rise slightly and the HQ would drop, because crafters wouldn't have to make up so much loss with that single HQ sale.
yea the NQ vs HQ thing is on players but se putting stats on hq stuff didn't help it. I agree to a point yes crafters have loss at times but when items come out and you start them off at a bid of 300-500mil knowing *** well it didn't cost that to make is bs. Then when an item starts being put on ah by other players you drop the price to make them leave. This isn't to you Cele just an example btw. Was just more making a point crafters aren't nuns like the guy said they were.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 14:50:18  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

I can do content naked if I want, provided the other 5 people are well geared.

Now put 6 new people into endgame on 2 mil a week the way the economy is right now.

So you're angry that veteran endgamers can clear VD ambu in 4 minutes.. and it might take a group of new players the full 30?

im confused with your argument.

Mind you.. we are discussing a SINGULAR farminng exercise. If you are comfortable with only sparking and making 2m a week. You should have a relative mentality. You shouldnt be kicking/stomping that you dont have su5/jse+2 or a kraken club.

relativity.

You can farm 2m a week (an hour or two) and get your +2 in due time.

You can farm 20m a week (farm everynight for an hour or two) and get your +2 10 times faster.

Stop trying to get the latter in the time window of the former.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-06-10 14:56:14  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

Eh it's all good, just start as the shittiest job (to play) in the game. You'll learn to like it.
This right here is spot on. You got all these brain dead DDs who don't have DT or hybrid sets and die and say oh this whm sucks. Same with tanks they think because they play rune that its time to be a DD over being a damn tank getting caught on in WS sets and what not. Whm is a shitty job for new players to learn tbh
 Fenrir.Puciato
user: Pucidain
By Fenrir.Puciato 2020-06-10 14:56:22  

I had a guy who was a sack in a LS I left erase me on WHM when I was petrified. I am all for newer players having to start with WHM.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 14:59:48  
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »

This right here is spot on. You got all these brain dead DDs who don't have DT or hybrid sets and die and say oh this whm sucks. Same with tanks they think because they play rune that its time to be a DD over being a damn tank getting caught on in WS sets and what not. Whm is a shitty job for new players to learn tbh

Play a job that is needed.. not something you want. I played support for many years to fund the jobs im interested in.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 15:05:20  
You went from "a new player can get to endgame on 2m a week" to "a new player can get to endgame on 2m a week with connections" to "A new player can get to endgame on 2m a week with connections provided theyre on a shitty job that doesnt need expensive gear".

If you move the goalposts any further, they'll be on Mars.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-06-10 15:05:51  
Bahamut.Justthetip said: »

Play a job that is needed.. not something you want. I played support for many years to fund the jobs im interested in.
I hope you were talking about others because really end of the play what you wanna play. I made idris so I can be brain dead and make people work for me lol
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 15:10:22  
You went from "a new player can get to endgame on 2m a week" to "a new player can get to endgame on 2m a week with connections" to "A new player can get to endgame on 2m a week with connections provided theyre on a shitty job that doesnt need expensive gear".

The goalposts have stayed put.

You're trying to justify a singular event in which you capitalized to get to endgame.

Telling a new player that because they can't sparks farm for unlimited gil any longer will cripple their chances is..... extreme.

Again, stop trying to hit the easy button. Farm more than sparks... there are many many events that you can do with sparks gear that will make you millions a day.

You sir, just dont want to sit infront of the computer legitimately farming. Because you're used to watching too many people earn it easy.

Put down the margarita by the pool and actually spend your time farming things.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-10 15:15:01  
"If you can't get to endgame on 2m/week then something wrong"

"You have to farm more than sparks"

Spot on advice.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-06-10 15:16:12  

The goalposts have stayed put.

You're trying to justify a singular event in which you capitalized to get to endgame.

Telling a new player that because they can't sparks farm for unlimited gil any longer will cripple their chances is..... extreme.

Again, stop trying to hit the easy button. Farm more than sparks... there are many many events that you can do with sparks gear that will make you millions a day.

You sir, just dont want to sit infront of the computer legitimately farming. Because you're used to watching too many people earn it easy.

Put down the margarita by the pool and actually spend your time farming things.
*** this idea lol I don't wanna farm stuff in front of my computer and I'm not putting down my drink! Good day sir
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-10 15:17:06  
Ah yes, the squad of new players in their rawhide and otomi and psycloth wielding Nibiru is gonna farm Ou and Dynamis D.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 15:17:48  
"If you can't get to endgame on 2m/week then something wrong"

"You have to farm more than sparks"

Spot on advice.

If you're in agreement cool.

If you're joking because i'm not giving you a step by step then you're nuts. go read BG or the forums and figure it out.

Anytime i'm asked something easily found on the BG, i reference the BG.

I'm not here to do the work for you.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 15:19:18  
Ah yes, the squad of new players in their rawhide and otomi and psycloth wielding Nibiru is gonna farm Ou and Dynamis D.

STOP trying to get 6 new players to do the hardest ***.. as 6 new players.

why do you think ambu scales? why do you think things less than OU/dynamisD is any less valuable?

I explained to you easy gil methods. Apparently they are just beneath you.

Apparently a fresh baseball player right out of college should be starting in the major leagues? no, minor league/farm league. etc...

how does this not resonate with you?
[+]
 Sylph.Cossack
サーバ: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2020-06-10 15:20:26  
You *** got your sparks ban. Thank you for making life more difficult. I'm glad I haven't resubbed yet.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-10 15:24:42  
If you're joking because i'm not giving you a step by step then you're nuts. go read BG or the forums and figure it out.

I personally need zero advice on making gil, I'm good. I used accolades for keys and my sparks are 90% of the time maxed.

Stop telling a new player to play *** thrift shop WHM.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 15:25:39  
Sylph.Cossack said: »
You *** got your sparks ban. Thank you for making life more difficult. I'm glad I haven't resubbed yet.

This is a game. Endgame content shouldnt be easy.

If you think that a casual new player racing for endgame HQ all then you're wrong.

And im glad you haven't resubbed. You've found things in your life that are more important to ffxi. Atleast you didn't resub... to play 30 minutes a week.. and complain that you dont have gil
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-10 15:27:24  
There's two theories on the step-up gear-

1. Do the content as you are able, gearing up at each stage like the players before you did when those various steps were the newest thing. Do delve and skirmish to get gear for vagary to get gear for HTBF to get gear for escha to get gear for omen to get gear for dyna-D. You shouldn't be able to do dyna-D in skirmish gear! It wasn't built that way at first, why would it be different now?

2. The above method wastes gil and time. The gil and time one spends on skirmish stones is better spent on eschalixirs for escha ru'ann sets and reisen stones. So in the long run, you will spend less time and gil to become relevant to the current endgame community by getting things merc'ed for you.

My issue is- this is a game. Enjoy the aspects of that game which can feel fresh and challenging to you if you progress as the game intends. If you buy gil and then get merc'ed up to current endgame levels, you lose experience in learning how to play that job, and the game feels empty to you due to lack of content...because you just made 80% of that content obsolete by skipping it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 15:28:07  

I personally need zero advice on making gil, I'm good. I used accolades for keys and my sparks are 90% of the time maxed.

Stop telling a new player to play *** thrift shop WHM.

deflection from the definitive point being made.

You are making a point that people can't make money other than sparks. what did all people (players/rmt/whatever) do before sparks?

People were billionaires before sparks. You just want to get mad that the easiest was nerfed. So sorry.
By Shichishito 2020-06-10 15:33:52  
well, they botted blinkers i guess?
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-06-10 15:35:05  

1. Do the content as you are able, gearing up at each stage like the players before you did when those various steps were the newest thing. Do delve and skirmish to get gear for vagary to get gear for HTBF to get gear for escha to get gear for omen to get gear for dyna-D. You shouldn't be able to do dyna-D in skirmish gear! It wasn't built that way at first, why would it be different now?

2. The above method wastes gil and time. The gil and time one spends on skirmish stones is better spent on eschalixirs for escha ru'ann sets and reisen stones. So in the long run, you will spend less time and gil to become relevant to the current endgame community by getting things merc'ed for you.

My issue is- this is a game. Enjoy the aspects of that game which can feel fresh and challenging to you if you progress as the game intends. If you buy gil and then get merc'ed up to current endgame levels, you lose experience in learning how to play that job, and the game feels empty to you due to lack of content...because you just made 80% of that content obsolete by skipping it.

Yeah, method 2 churns out a disproportionate number of horrible/useless players.

Those who ignore the progression ladder end up skipping a lot of essential learning. Game mechanics, monster mechanics, job mechanics and math are everything in this game.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-10 15:36:28  
You are making a point that people can't make money other than sparks. what did all people (players/rmt/whatever) do before sparks?

What lmao? I never once said that, but alright. I only pointed out that 2m/week was low as hell. My original post only quoted that, just the 2m. Now I don't even know what you guys are trying to argue, there's like 4 different situations that's being presented.

1: New player farming 2m/week
2: New player farming 2m/week from sparks and other farming
3: New player with connections
4: New player starting with WHM

/shrug IDFK
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-10 15:37:22  
Shiva.Arislan said: »

Yeah, method 2 churns out a disproportionate number of horrible/useless players.

Those who ignore the progression ladder end up skipping a lot of essential learning. Game mechanics, monster mechanics, job mechanics and math are everything in this game.

well this is great to be honest. I had the same thoughts in much more vague words. Farm the content that SE intended to be farmed. well said.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-06-10 15:37:55  
Shiva.Arislan said: »

oh without question. I think that's a large reason that the two caste system of mercs and buyers exists on larger servers. The merc class are either those old heads who DID learn to play their jobs and general game mechanics, and the buyers who think the only reason THEY aren't part of that merc class is gear, so they buy whatever they need to any way they can in hopes of moving up.

In reality, the moment those of the buyer class buy something, they've blackballed themselves, and are now stuck as part of that lower class.
By Aerix 2020-06-10 15:38:27  
When I came back to the game a few years ago I never once farmed Sparks for money and still got to endgame just fine with some help from a friend (and there are plenty of noob-friendly LSs out there). Not saying anybody should replicate this, but I farmed my 30k Alexandrite and 10k Beitetsu for Kenkonken solely by spamming Salvage II and HTBFs as a PUP (which is probably one of the most excruciatingly slow ways to do it) and I got it done in a timely manner.

Only farming 5m-20m for some endgame gear like Adhemar or Moonbeam would have been trivial in comparison. Especially with the new methods of geearing up these days as a new player like Domain Invasion or Deeds of Heroism.

2M/week is completely sufficient when the majority of gear you need is Rare/Ex anyway. Sticking to Sparks/Accos are you sole source of income is a limit you guys are setting for yourself by choice. And even then it's still enough to get started.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 18 19 20