フォーラム » FFXI » General » June 2020 Version Update
June 2020 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-14 01:37:14  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Here's an easy strat if you go first, seems to work well. I'm 9/9 with this method, and since the RNG doesn't seem to be in your favour if you go second, giving up seems faster.

~select area 3 to start
~select area 5
~opponent should make a single move leaving 4 on your area 2
~select area 2

~select area 5
~select area 3
~opponent makes a move

From there you usually end up with 5 on your area 1, do that, but it can vary. Select area 5, then area 4, then it should be easy from there on out.

This strategy is basically loss-proof. I have noticed that on the higher opponents (Kuyin, Chacharoon) they will select the area 2 bolded above that you would have selected (had this happen every single time on both opponents), so you will have to pick elsewhere, like 4 or whatever. This means you won't get 5 mandys on 1 until a few turns later. It still ends up with a win since they are always playing from behind, but just pointing it out. Good find Firedemon.

Its pretty much a waste of time if the opponent goes first, as he mentioned. They use the exact same 2 moves every time, the same ones in the strategy above. Cancel + replay seems to be the faster way to earn points rather tan play from behind in a long game and lose with a low score.

And im pretty sure people are automating this event somehow. Bodies have not moved in literal hours
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2020-06-14 17:41:31  
Just curious, are you guys buying fo or gobbie keys? Do fo give a decent rate on rocks?
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-14 17:53:48  
Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
Just curious, are you guys buying fo or gobbie keys? Do fo give a decent rate on rocks?

Maintaining 100 points per day for the voucher and ANV takes long enough as it is. There's no way I'm playing such a time consuming game any longer than I have to.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-14 20:04:17  
What's interesting is that they limited the acquisition of SP keys from the accolades NPC by the weekly cap. But then opened up unlimited keys via the npc game. I would argue that SP Keys are more valuable since they can pull in more broader pools.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2020-06-15 08:57:18  
well the thing is even if the rmt try to play the game (which they wont) they'll get a bunch of keys which will end up giving them fiendish scrolls and rolanberry pies. not very profitable.
 Bismarck.Punchus
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Punchus
By Bismarck.Punchus 2020-06-15 11:09:08  
RMT Tactic. Create character. Level and play till accolades and sparks are capped. Dump. Move gil. Delete character. Repeat.

Sparks and accolades are so easy to cap for starting character. Plus they don't have to purchase additional mules since you can delete a character and re-create unlimited times with out penalty.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-15 12:10:42  
Fenrir.Aladeus said: »

If i had to choose between those 2 options (ignoring that i totally wont even farm enough for daily, thats too much time), i would say in a short run, Fo should net more value than SP while in a extremely long run, maybe SP can even out with Fo.

Fo has a shorter pool. And there are a good chunk of good items and not that big bust pool (skirmish stones and WoE coins). While SP have better is (IMO) pulse gear and AMAN accessory. But the pool on it is so big that you wont make profit aside big luck or countless keys.

For comparison, i had like 30 chars with around 60 keys hoarded from past events that i didnt rendeem. thats about 2k keys. Even then, i just get ONE AMAN accessory (Epaminondas which is nice). Dyna div shards are cool but most likely youre getting the 10, 50, 100k worth ones.
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-06-15 12:58:52  
I'm pretty sure pulse weapons are ANIV keys only. IIRF, SP keys use the normal pool with a lot of the lowest junk filtered out, and pulse weapons aren't in the normal pool.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-15 13:01:34  
You can get old pulse, i already got an Asteria and windy katana from SP keys.

EDIT: and those weapons have flag for it on BG too.

EDIT2: "New" pulse like Chastisers are just ANV though
By Meeble 2020-06-15 15:30:02  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
What's interesting is that they limited the acquisition of SP keys from the accolades NPC by the weekly cap. But then opened up unlimited keys via the npc game. I would argue that SP Keys are more valuable since they can pull in more broader pools.

The anniversary game is a limited-time event, but I doubt they care about SP keys as those only recirculate gil already in the economy.

It'd be nice if they could exempt SP keys and REM chapters from the cap in the future, though.
By Mattelot 2020-06-15 16:42:41  
Pantafernando said: »
You can get old pulse, i already got an Asteria and windy katana from SP keys.

EDIT: and those weapons have flag for it on BG too.

EDIT2: "New" pulse like Chastisers are just ANV though

Is this the Mandy event?
By Pantafernando 2020-06-15 16:44:29  
SP and Fo keys can be purchase with jigglies that are mandy currency. ANV too but limited to once a day.

In theory, SP keys are also limited to 6 per week now though
By geigei 2020-06-15 16:47:06  
Pantafernando said: »
In theory, SP keys are also limited to 6 per week now though
People cry SPARKS NERF while i see SP keys nerf.

Edit: @ Geriond, i got several pulse from sp's.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-15 17:04:09  
geigei said: »
People cry SPARKS NERF while i see SP keys nerf.

On the bright side, you just need 10~15 mins to get one from mandy event.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-15 17:09:05  
I'm a little curious how you're getting through 2 games for the 30 points in 10 minutes.

Maybe cause I'm tryna play 5 at a time because the stupid character animations and token movement is so painfully and pointlessly tedious and slow, I am ultimately having each game idle while I'm on different screens, but all things considered, I think that takes me about 12-15 minutes for one play through.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-15 17:23:03  
5 mins a match against a derp moogle. 21 points.

Two matches for the 30 and some leftover
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-15 17:58:56  
Keep in mind, you don't even have to prioritize winning once you've unlocked your daily rewards, if you're going for keys. Simply playing against the Moogle by accident you can get 10-15 points, regardless of who goes first. Most of your time is wasted when turns switch. It also doesn't make sense to quit if you don't go first on Moogle, because you can still get 20+ points (and win) easily enough and it saves you time.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-15 18:14:51  
BTW, was i the only one that feel like "this almost seems like some Yu-Gi-Oh! game"?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-06-15 18:58:10  
I'm glad you all are enjoying these cell phone games instead of real MMO content you're paying for. Let me know when SE decides to make Final Fantasy again, and not Pokemon, Yo-Gi-Oh, or Marble Madness.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
サーバ: Asura
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-06-15 20:06:09  
You say that like people weren't super upset when they got rid of Tetra Master.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-06-15 20:09:12  
Asura.Suteru said: »
You say that like people weren't super upset when they got rid of Tetra Master.

If I wanna play mini-games, the Apple Store has plenty of them. I pay for an MMO because I like RPGs and wanted to experience one in a multiplayer environment. So like I said, SE should stop wasting development dollars and man hours on this stuff when their client base paid for a different product.

I would be pissed if I bought a case of beer and there was soda inside.
By Draylo 2020-06-15 20:22:18  
I wish they integrated Tetra Master like they did the FF8 card game into 14 :// 9 was one of my favorites and I liked they added new cards.
By Rolodex 2020-06-15 20:52:18  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I'm glad you all are enjoying these cell phone games instead of real MMO content you're paying for. Let me know when SE decides to make Final Fantasy again, and not Pokemon, Yo-Gi-Oh, or Marble Madness.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, what's wrong with Marble Madness? I get what you are saying but let's not throw legitimate games under the bus!
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-06-15 20:58:16  
FF games have had minigames in them for a pretty long time.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-06-15 21:11:34  
ok apparently some of my comments need clarification:

1. Nothing wrong with minigames/phone games. I'm simply saying I don't pay a monthly subscription for minigames, I pay it for MMO/RPG content.

2. I'm well aware of inclusion of minigames within a FF realm for almost ever. And when there was a direct correlation to actual game progression, I enjoyed them myself. The FF8 card game was one of my favorites, finding rare cards and unlocking weapons, abilities, summons...there was justification for spending time on the minigame and not the game itself. At best some FFXI minigames give rewards of currencies, but usually its vanity gear or furniture.
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-06-15 21:30:59  

I was confused about the hype and thought it was some new content. I logged in, did it, realized it we just a mini game, then never did it again.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-06-15 21:47:31  
However there is a crucial difference between cellphone minigame and FFXI minigame.

And thats the possibility of improvement a sidegame provides compared to cellphone games. Thats, you play cellphone games for some instant satisfaction. Every new game is a completely new game while FFXI minigame after you play, you can keep some improvement afterward (like some AMAN accessory, a stack of HMP, an orb to sell).

So i guess the satisfaction from a FFXI player differ from casual players. You dont do stupid ***like minigame or 1000000 assaults, or 902392039 nyzuls, or 23903229933 anal *** or killing 34934093085983 fodder with a dmg 1 stick because its super fun or im having the best time of my life doing this. But because the actual satisfaction comes afterward.
By SimonSes 2020-06-15 21:47:48  
vanity gear or furniture.

Ironically vanity gear and furniture are mostly only relevant in MMO games lol.
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-06-15 22:01:10  
SimonSes said: »

Clearly you have never played Skyrim. I spent hours trying to decorate my house with a fish.
By Rolodex 2020-06-15 22:01:17  
SimonSes said: »

The Fable series would like to have a word with you. That said, single player games with housing and vanity gear always stood out for me. Main reason why I really liked the Saints Row series before it went off the deep end with Gat out of Hell.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20