users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » AltanaView 2020 Update
AltanaView 2020 Update
 Valefor.Furyspawn
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2021-06-28 14:08:40  
If someone can explain how to get the information out of the .DAT files and it's not an enormous pain, I can probably write a tool that auto-extracts all of the data and compares it against a maintained database to keep this easily updated.

This is something that I'm interested in having as well since I constantly use AltanaView to plan new lockstyles.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [43 days between previous and next post]
By Draylo 2021-08-10 14:06:01  
Anyone know what is needed to run AltanaView? Is it a complete game download or is there a place to just have a few files to view?
 Carbuncle.Bien
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Bien
By Carbuncle.Bien 2021-08-10 14:57:11  
Altana View needs a traditional FFXI install to work. You could probably open individual .dats with it, however I have never tried. A combination of POLutils and Metasequoia would probably be easier for individual .dats. Rich Whitehouse's Noesis also can open ffxi files, though a bit trickier to work with as you need to assign skeleton files manually for any player character gear.
This is all under the assumption that you want to export files to a more useable modern format.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-08-10 17:35:19  
Does the game need to be fully updated or just the consolidated download for the majority of the .dat files? Trying to get someone who doesn't play to use the viewer to look at certain monsters.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-10 17:47:42  
Teamviewer lol. Stream it.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-10 18:51:37  
Altanviewer I think needs to have FFXI installed, since it uses registry info? Been so long since I installed it that I can't remember for sure. You could probably just install the game and not bother updating it and it would work, unless you want newer files.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-08-10 18:54:53  
He wants the modeler to be able to see the dat(s) without having them download the game to do so.

Just a way to view a few specific models without inconveniencing them too much. (for what you're probably paying them to do the prints, the minor inconvenience of downloading the game is nothing though)
[+]
By Draylo 2021-08-10 19:02:51  
Lol yeah exactly. If its just a download from SE site thats fine I would think but updating requires an account
By RadialArcana 2021-08-10 19:10:32  
It depends what you're trying to view, Noesis is good for monsters and stuff. You just download the software, then click the dat from wherever to view it without messing around.

However it's not good for armors and some things like that, unless it's been updated since I installed it.

https://richwhitehouse.com/index.php?content=inc_projects.php&showproject=91
 Carbuncle.Bien
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Bien
By Carbuncle.Bien 2021-08-11 03:26:23  
Like I said above, you have to load the associated skeleton to view player character gear with Noesis, ***is not complicated to figure out, just annoying
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-08-11 03:32:14  
Draylo said: »
Lol yeah exactly. If its just a download from SE site thats fine I would think but updating requires an account
No account is needed. You can do a "Check Files" -> FFXI before logging in.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [96 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-14 19:31:57  
Blargh! Was going to add POL Music to Altana View, but didn't know how to get it to point to the POL folder.

Spoiler'd for my future self, I guess.

Gonna need to do a big science if I'm to figure out how to point AltanaView at:

When it wants to look at:

More hmmm.

Edit: Reminder for my future self: how to edit things was mentioned in this thread:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56323/2021-harvest-festival-event-pumpkin-locations/

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
RadialArcana said: »
Altanaviewer cait subligar addition

Goto the altanaview folder, goto list, goto pc

Click on each folder that applies to the race you want to add (so you are going to edit 7 files if you want to update all races)

Inside each folder right click legs.csv and pick edit to open in notepad, goto the bottom and add the single line below and save.

Mithra
364/106, Cait Sith Subligar

HumeF
364/102, Cait Sith Subligar

HumeM
364/101, Cait Sith Subligar

Galka
364/107, Cait Sith Subligar

TaruTaru
364/105, Cait Sith Subligar

ElvaanF
364/104, Cait Sith Subligar

ElvaanM
364/103, Cait Sith Subligar

You can just update one race if you want.
Where could one find that information? I'd love to figure that stuff out and update the list accordingly. I've noticed even the most recent AV list is pretty old.
RadialArcana said: »
To find them I add folder ranges to altanaviewer in the npc list (I can upload it for you if you wanna go looking for stuff) and then basically just cycle through till I find what i want, and then edit the dat files to find the race headers. It's annoying if you're not used to it but I've fiddled with the dats long enough I have a basic idea of where things will be.

Yes, please to the "I can upload it for you if you wanna go looking for stuff" part, RadialArcana. Please and thank you.

Before I work on any list edits/changes, is there a more current version of AltanaView other than the one on the OP of this thread?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-14 20:15:16  
I'd like to see more of the animations. At least the /sitchair stuff would be great.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-14 20:27:16  
Chairs are NPCs under the NPC tab in the top left.

What you do in chairs is motions under the PC tab in the top left. Then in the bottom left, click the Actions drag-down box to "Others" (or technically it would be under "All" as well, but then you have to scroll more).

Also, in addtion to mot_-1, mot_-2 has chair motions in it if you drop the drag-down box one lower (area by the right arrow above):

Then fiddle with schedule and motion radials and drop-down lists to do different things possible while sitting in chairs.

Not sure how to put them together at the same time in this as they are under different tabs (NPC and PC).
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-14 20:30:35  
That's not the /sitchair stuff, though. That's from an NPC's animation list.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-14 20:32:34  
Edited my post a bit for more clarity. Chairs are still going to be NPCs unless there is a way to bring out NPCs in the PC tab.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-11-14 20:36:13  
Oh I know that. But "Others" "mot-1" isn't the /sitchair emote animation. That's the animation from an NPC.

The Mithra /sitchair animation is a lot more relaxed.

EDIT:

Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-14 20:45:22  
Oh, I know what you mean now. Yeah. I remember them in a different pose when sitting.

Anyhoo, just a little correction for OP since they may see this and asked for corrections, the Beaucedine Glacier [S] is mislabled as the Xarcabard [S] map in the image tab. List > Image > goddess.csv looks like:

should look like:

Can manually edit the excel or just adjust with right-click and edit the text.

Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-14 23:26:52  
Old notes on equipment by date added, mounts, and NPCs I think are new; archived here under the spoiler for my own nefarious reasons. You can ignore.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2021-11-15 00:48:02  
Draylo said: »
Anyone know what is needed to run AltanaView? Is it a complete game download or is there a place to just have a few files to view?

This is quoting a super old post, but if you just want to view a few DAT files that you know what they are, Noesis is the way to go. Though for armor you'll also need to know where the skeleton and other body dats are to create a text file to output a complete PC, NPCs are usually just one dat though.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-11-15 01:47:39  
Now how does one go about figuring out where things are and filling in each of these dat numbers?

Funny that I made my list before even having a handle on how to figure this out, but if you can get me in the right direction then I'm willing to manually enter it all into AltanaView's List Folders/Files so all of us can enjoy an updated AltanaView. "Teach a man to fish" and all that jazz. I figured I'd be proactive and contribute, 'er something.

Also, if anyone sees any errors or omissions (of NEW models ((see above spoiler'd list)) since May '20; not pre-existing lockstyles for example), please let me know. I'm very nervous about missing any items added as Tier 1 Nomad Mog Bonanza prizes as... I have only seen the ones that were previous lockstyles. Also nervous about Ambuscade lockstyle equipment.

Thanks.

[+]