Alexander Htbf

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » NMs » alexander htbf
alexander htbf
By gargurty 2020-04-25 04:39:33  
Sorry if its posted already but i cant seem to find the post.
Im trying to do alexander on dnc and used the trust setup on bgwiki testimonials and it went haywire. Couldn't damage it and it kept spamming perfect defence. What am i doing wrong? I didnt use any debuffs on it and the trusts were Selh'teus, Ulmia, Qultada, Arciela II, Ygnas. The battle was on normal setting.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-04-25 05:24:15  
Are you using Rudra's Storm? It has enfeebling effect of Gravity on it.
By SimonSes 2020-04-25 05:26:00  
I dont see any testimonials on bgwiki but this trust setup is for sure terrible. You are suppose to not skillchain and debuff it and you have RDM trust with debuffs spells and debuff tp moves. You have trust that will for sure try to skillchain with you etc.

Alexander is the easiest fight from new htbf I have done so far. Just call trust that only do buffs and dont do any damage. Then engage and spam evisceration, ideally tping in subtle blow set. Dont use Rudra and Pyrrhic Kleos btw.
By gargurty 2020-04-25 06:08:56  
mmmm ok ty

tried it and at one point just put trust away. at that point no buffs or debuffs and it still kept doing gospel and pd. Also no samba up.
By SimonSes 2020-04-25 06:46:13  
gargurty said: »
mmmm ok ty

tried it and at one point just put trust away. at that point no buffs or debuffs and it still kept doing gospel and pd. Also no samba up.

What WS you used? no steps?
By gargurty 2020-04-25 06:55:00  
used evisceration. nothing else. full on auto attack lol
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-04-25 06:56:50  
Gagurty keep in mind you have to avoid WS that give a debuff.
Like Rudra's Storm, Shijin Spiral, Pyrrhic Kleos etc.
Also you need to avoid trusts that give debuffs. Koru-moru, Joachim etc.

In theory you need to avoid Skillchains too but at lower difficulties it's usually not a big deal. If you're on VE or E you probably don't need to worry about it.
On N I dunno, on D and higher you totally need to avoid SCs.
By gargurty 2020-04-25 08:08:28  
does ve or easy drop same stuff like lilith does?
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-04-25 08:09:10  
gargurty said: »
does ve or easy drop same stuff like lilith does?

Yes, all the HTMB can drop gear on VE and E.
 Sylph.Kalmado
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kalmado7
By Sylph.Kalmado 2020-04-25 08:18:46  
I used the method of doing E using Yoran, Qultada, Joachim, Seltzer, and F. Coffin and spamming Evisceration. I didn't keep track of how many runs I did, but I'm positive it was less than 100 and I went 4/5 on drops. Stopped once I got Sacro Breastplate.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-04-25 08:53:13  
For anyone doing this as a party. You do not need to avoid skillchains. War spam upheaval all day long. About 100 runs done this way for me.

WAR
WHM
GEO (indibarrier entrust fury only)
BRD minuet minuet march ballad
COR sam/fighters roll
RDM haste2/refresh3/convert for MP

Difficult setting and average is a 9 minute run.
By SimonSes 2020-04-25 10:07:34  
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
For anyone doing this as a party. You do not need to avoid skillchains. War spam upheaval all day long. About 100 runs done this way for me.

WAR
WHM
GEO (indibarrier entrust fury only)
BRD minuet minuet march ballad
COR sam/fighters roll
RDM haste2/refresh3/convert for MP

Difficult setting and average is a 9 minute run.

So what you do when it PD? You wait?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-04-25 10:53:21  
Yes, just swing right through it.... it gives the whm a break from erase and curing to be honest because alex hits for so little.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Zekie
By Asura.Zekie 2020-04-25 13:26:39  
My friends and I did VD very easy.

GEO: Indi Haste/Geo-Fury/Entrust Indi Refresh on WHM
COR: SAM/Chaos and spam Savage.
BRD: Honor/Madrigal/Minuet/Minuet. when buffs are off, give ballads to whm first then redo usual songs.
WHM:
MNK: keep impetus up as much as possible. Spam VS. If Impetus is down, Switch to Raging Fists.

it took us 8-10 mins. Our goal was to damage it as fast as we could before it takes our buffs off.
By Felgarr 2020-04-25 17:02:16  
There is a tremendous difference between D and VD in terms of applying DPS. The front angle you can do damage to him feels very narrow in VD. Also, in D, it kind of melts. In VD, I notice it removes buffs seemingly randomly. Sometimes, I get a full dispel at 90%, sometimes I don't. I don't know what it is causing it...
 Asura.Zekie
By Asura.Zekie 2020-04-25 17:10:17  
Felgarr said: »
There is a tremendous difference between D and VD in terms of applying DPS. The front angle you can do damage to him feels very narrow in VD. Also, in D, it kind of melts. In VD, I notice it removes buffs seemingly randomly. Sometimes, I get a full dispel at 90%, sometimes I don't. I don't know what it is causing it...

yes, that can happen sometimes, but a few runs where it did not remove our buffs until between 25%-50%. I think that is why we need to put more damage on Alexander before it takes our buffs away. Ive seen this a few times. So we decided to pack a load of attacks because MNK tanks most of the fight anyway. Alexander hurts a little bit.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [373 days between previous and next post]
By Yzen 2021-05-04 00:39:36  
What are the best trusts to use with this? Qultada keeps dying lol Maybe swap him out for Ulmia and Joachim?
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-05-04 01:28:36  
Yzen said: »
What are the best trusts to use with this? Qultada keeps dying lol Maybe swap him out for Ulmia and Joachim?
Joachim will Elegy and trigger benediction. But if you're main Tank/DD you can position Qultada, Summon him last and after you engaged and activated trusts move Alex away from the trusts.