New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » 100% Hard Crash During Dyna(D) on Firaga III cast
100% Hard Crash During Dyna(D) on Firaga III cast
 Cerberus.Hideka
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-04-23 22:14:51  
Game will full crash instantly if any monster casts Firaga III inside of dyna(d) only. anywhere else its fine.

What Do?

i've poked around and looked for whatever may be causing it, but cant really seem to identify a fix.

Below is a list of Have dones

1. Tried File checks
2. Tried multiple full Reinstalls
3. Updated all Drivers
4. Tried No windower
5. Tried DGVOODOO but i cant get it to not make me want to vomit from the constant frame rate fluxuations and like sub 10 fps on bard songs. I tried just about every suggested setting for it, but i cant get rid of both issues.
6. tried switching to just one processing core
7. tried messing with all kinds of Nvidia settings....

I'm runnin 980Ti's, but SLI is turned off, since the game will just bug up too much if SLI is enabled.

Anyone got any ideas?
 Asura.Zidaner
サーバ: Asura
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-04-23 22:23:22  
Have you tried casting silence on the black mage mobs?

Beyond this I have no idea.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-04-23 22:26:44  
Asura.Zidaner said: »
Have you tried casting silence on the black mage mobs?

Beyond this I have no idea.

i hate you because im a redmage and i can do this, and while your not wrong that it would be a fix..... >_>
[+]
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2020-04-23 23:06:39  
Do you have Graphics Stabilization enabled in the FFXI config tool?
 Shiva.Malthar
サーバ: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2020-04-23 23:22:36  
Cerberus.Hideka said: »
Game will full crash instantly if any monster casts Firaga III inside of dyna(d) only. anywhere else its fine.

What Do?

i've poked around and looked for whatever may be causing it, but cant really seem to identify a fix.

1. Tried File checks
3. Updated all Drivers
4. Tried No windower
5. Tried DGVOODOO but i cant get it to not make me want to vomit from the constant frame rate fluxuations and like sub 10 fps on bard songs. I tried just about every suggested setting for it, but i cant get rid of both issues.

I'm runnin 980Ti's, but SLI is turned off, since the game will just bug up too much if SLI is enabled.

Anyone got any ideas?

I'm having the same problem too and have no clue what's causing it. Every time I see "Figraga III" in chat, everyone in my Linkshell shouts, "Firaga III! There goes Malthar!" And I hard CTD.
By Aquatiq 2020-04-24 00:43:32  
Is it spell ID 256 or 1024 or something lol
By SimonSes 2020-04-24 00:53:17  
Maybe try to disable all effects when you do Dynamis?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-04-24 02:51:57  
That's quite curious.
LS buddy has the same issue, only happens on his main and not on his mules and it's not 100% (depends what he's facing in his screen I guess?) but very high rate.

Most of the times a Firaga 3 is cast in Divergence, he crashes on his main.
 Bahamut.Scizor
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2020-04-24 04:51:21  
You could change the dat to something like diaga?
By Draylo 2020-04-24 04:59:50  
I had an issue like this a long time ago, I think I just did a .dat scan and it erased all my modded ones.
 Bahamut.Balduran
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2020-04-24 06:34:55  
5. Tried DGVOODOO but i cant get it to not make me want to vomit from the constant frame rate fluxuations and like sub 10 fps on bard songs.

In DGVoodoo under DirectX tab Set both 'Texturing' and 'Antialiasing (MSAA)' to 'app driven'. This will 99% fix your low FPS during bard songs.

Edit:
In regards to the main issues you're facing, if you are using modified .dats for HD models, make sure you visit carado's page to get the latest updated version.
[+]
By Drayco 2020-04-24 06:51:11  
I definitely have a similar issue, but I have never been able to pin point the source. I can be doing an event on my main and get a crash, while my alt remains online. Sometimes my alt is even in the event with me (which makes less sense).

My last crash was right at the end of a Kei fight. I always thought it was a certain animation as well. File checks and re-installs have done nothing.
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2020-04-24 06:57:34  

What Do?

1. Tried File checks
3. Updated all Drivers
4. Tried No windower

Anyone got any ideas?
You even crash when not running Windows?!
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2020-04-25 00:19:52  
People thought I was creating drama because I was #1 on the most viewed list. Lol

But back on topic, if firaga iii is causing crashes even without Windower then it's a bug that should be filled with SE on the OF
[+]
 Lakshmi.Arcaniz
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Arcaniz
By Lakshmi.Arcaniz 2020-04-25 02:07:13  

What Do?

1. Tried File checks
3. Updated all Drivers
4. Tried No windower

Anyone got any ideas?

Try to rollback GPU drivers with DDU to a stable version
By RadialArcana 2020-04-25 07:24:53  
firaga 3 is rom/11/49.dat
firaga 2 is rom/11/48.dat

Rename 49 to something else, make a copy of 48 and call that 49.dat.
 Fenrir.Cariboulou
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cariboulou 2020-04-25 08:52:28  
Yea friemd of mine had same issue in dyna d. Swapping the dat file to another spell was the only way he fixed it from crashing. Damn funny you would see firaga 3 and he would go nutz on discord lol.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-04-25 09:25:26  
poor jeydan -.-
 Bahamut.Orinthia
user: Orinthia
By Bahamut.Orinthia 2020-04-25 17:59:30  
There's two other dx proxies you could try, https://forums.ashitaxi.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=855 for atom0s's and https://github.com/crosire/d3d8to9/releases for reshade's (it's just a proxy, no actually reshading).

I can stare at a bad pull of goblins in dyna-d jeuno as they spam brd songs and not get any big dips with the reshade proxy at least. But I never noticed much difference in fps between the three anyway, even crowded DI, mhaura, or at the omen spot. Had an amd 290x and now have an nvidia 2060, same sorts of performance.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [43 days between previous and next post]
By valkyy 2020-06-07 16:27:06  
Having this issue recently, did anyone confirm if changing the dats was the only way to fix it?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-08 19:10:10  
Did anybody ever solve this issue? Was it called by corrupted .dat files in FFXI?
By Windows 10?
By GPU drivers?
By Windower or third party tools?
 Asura.Chevalios
user: Chevalios
By Asura.Chevalios 2020-06-08 19:35:22  
valkyy said: »
Having this issue recently, did anyone confirm if changing the dats was the only way to fix it?

I used to have this issue. I never 100% confirmed the true cause of this issue BUT I did take some measures to prevent it and it doesn't occur anymore. I don't use Battlemod anymore, I don't use Highlight anymore, I turned off visual effects on alliance members and I don't use custom dats anymore for anything but icons/text/maps. edit: I use XIPivot to load those dats I still use

See if any of those things affect your hard DCs. YMMV
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-06-08 20:04:57  
RadialArcana said: »

This work? Got a LS buddy with this problem.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-06-08 23:35:44  
Asura.Bippin said: »
RadialArcana said: »

This work? Got a LS buddy with this problem.
That's a simple dat swap. It just replaces the animation displayed for your client. You'll possibly need to redo it every time there's an update, but only if the updater noticed that it's the "wrong" dat.

As for fixing the issue... I can't say. If the issue is based on Firaga3's animation, then yes. It should.
If it's something else causing your comp's specific issue, then no.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [169 days between previous and next post]
 Fairy.Trig
サーバ: Fairy
user: Trig
By Fairy.Trig 2020-11-24 22:58:56  
!!!FOR PEOPLE CRASHING ON W3 DYNA!!!

I did some testing this week in dyna 3 (thanks LS for not killing me) and after removing/replacing the firaga III and skillchain dats and going light on addons, I still crash to desktop immediately on W3. What I think fixed it for me was going into W4 configuration and turning off supersampling. I also turned off sound at the same time, so could have been that, but supersampling makes more sense.

So check your W4 config if you are having crash issues and see if Supersanmpling is off. I also had hardware mouse on and the rest off in the 'Game' section of the profile.
[+]