Selling Crafting Services For Bard And Cor +2 Neck

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Selling Crafting services for Bard and Cor +2 Neck
Selling Crafting services for Bard and Cor +2 Neck
 Asura.Friedrik
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-04-20 12:55:39  
geigei said: »
Asura.Friedrik said: »
and you're the only person harassing him.
uhm, excuse me?
OP trying to scam people, plain and simple, he can't get into the market because cards were dealt allready.
The only way to make money is eliminating expenses, no risk = profit, the client risk it all.

You're not the first one trying this ***and for sure you won't be the last one, now pack up your beakers and go craft some distilled water.
I'm more concerned with why crafters are having to resort to stuff like this. You can call all the shield owners cheaters if you want... but there are layers to that and currently some dirty *** dudes on Asura are ruining it for everyone, be it through huge caches of leftover duped medals or another exploit.
 Bahamut.Hismena
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Hismena 2020-04-20 13:26:47  
Asura.Friedrik said: »
I'm more concerned with why crafters are having to resort to stuff like this. You can call all the shield owners cheaters if you want... but there are layers to that and currently some dirty *** dudes on Asura are ruining it for everyone, be it through huge caches of leftover duped medals or another exploit.

Crafters don't really have to resort to stuff like this by the way. Each shield that's not cooking (what I'm in the middle of making lol) can come out with a profit of about 2/24 HQ1 on a general jinxed synth, so money can be made, just not as much as in 2017 (obviously).

Sure, they might have thought they were providing a good service to people, but that really lies more in the su2 equipment, and a few pieces of su3 that aren't *** to make. Dynamis stuff is way too expensive to offer craft attempts for.
By lhova 2020-04-24 15:39:15  
I’m back ***! Haha haha. Ok got that out of my system. Now any person who says I’m trying to cheat or steal from people who don’t know better are clueless and just hating. If we use the other posters numbers and say a necks items are 8m then that’s a chance for a person to get a +2 neck for a sixth of the cost. With current statue buster event going on a lot of people are sitting on medals that they can convert for most of your 8 million cost.

Again the expectations were never for a person to bring me a stack of items to craft even though there are PLENTY of times a person will shout to have a craft made and offer a commission due to lack of supply or having the items required. As for people offering bro do it for free then you should’ve shouted that ***in game if you feel so charitable versus commenting on my post.

A crafter shouldn’t be ridiculed by offering a service that some may see as a benefit, especially if they already got the damn items.
By lhova 2020-04-24 15:43:39  
Oh yeah and I just made a signed Cor neck +2 today in 5 synth attempts with only 2 of each of the materials needed to make it. And I still have materials left over. But I get it, it’s the biggest rip off ever and haters will hate... ??
 Bahamut.Hismena
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Hismena 2020-04-24 15:52:15  
Bahamut.Hismena said: »
lhova said: »
I’m a cheater who should be stoned to death on forums.

People aren't stoning you because you're a cheater. People are stoning you because you're trying to market something as a "deal" to people that aren't in the know about how crafting works.

Let me explain.

JSE necks take, at minimum:

• 1 Beastmen's Medal (2m) (70%~ break rate)*

• 1 Kindred's Medal (2.3m) (60%~ break rate)*

• 1 Delve material (0.8~1.2m) (30%~ break rate)*

• 1 NPC item (1.1m) (25%~ break rate)*

• 1 Dark Matter (2m) (30%~ break rate)*

*From a sample size of 500~ Dynamis crafts

Now on average, each attempt takes 8.4 MILLION gil. Over hundreds of synths of these necks, you're putting in medals for each attempt, which is 4 mil down the drain for each break. ON TOP OF THIS ENTRY COST, you are charging 1m for each of these breaks.

Now I'm not downplaying you for charging commission to attempt crafts. That's on you, since you put the time (either automated or not).

People are stoning you because you not only are charging commission for an expensive synth, but you are trying to DOWNPLAY THE RISK of making the attempts by highlighting the effort (that no one forced you to put in by the way) and years (The completed shield is only very recently 2.5 years old at this point also by the way) of time that you put in.

That's no excuse to try and rip people off that don't know better.

We're trying to educate those that see this as a "benefit" when it mathematically isn't. You can be lucky, or you could not. More often than not, it's better to skip the middleman and go to the AH. You're looking at roughly a 3% chance (11%~ shield+T1+rings x 25% HQ2/3) on average for the HQ2 you're looking for.

I shouldn't also need to remind you that RMT are able to drive the price even lower than what it currently is due to the amount of illegitimate currency that's still available in the market, especially on your server.

If people want to offer commission on their own terms, cool. Make free money off them. Ideally, they know the risk of what they're doing at that point. It's when you advertise this service without making clear that you are accepting 0 risk and leaving all of that burden on the buyer that isn't okay.
By lhova 2020-04-24 16:03:42  
I’m a cheater who should be stoned to death on forums.

People aren't stoning you because you're a cheater. People are stoning you because you're trying to market something as a "deal" to people that aren't in the know about how crafting works.

Let me explain.

JSE necks take, at minimum:

• 1 Beastmen's Medal (2m) (70%~ break rate)*

• 1 Kindred's Medal (2.3m) (60%~ break rate)*

• 1 Delve material (0.8~1.2m) (30%~ break rate)*

• 1 NPC item (1.1m) (25%~ break rate)*

• 1 Dark Matter (2m) (30%~ break rate)*

*From a sample size of 500~ Dynamis crafts

Now on average, each attempt takes 8.4 MILLION gil. Over hundreds of synths of these necks, you're putting in medals for each attempt, which is 4 mil down the drain for each break. ON TOP OF THIS ENTRY COST, you are charging 1m for each of these breaks.

Now I'm not downplaying you for charging commission to attempt crafts. That's on you, since you put the time (either automated or not).

People are stoning you because you not only are charging commission for an expensive synth, but you are trying to DOWNPLAY THE RISK of making the attempts by highlighting the effort (that no one forced you to put in by the way) and years (The completed shield is only very recently 2.5 years old at this point also by the way) of time that you put in.

That's no excuse to try and rip people off that don't know better.

We're trying to educate those that see this as a "benefit" when it mathematically isn't. You can be lucky, or you could not. More often than not, it's better to skip the middleman and go to the AH. You're looking at roughly a 3% chance (11%~ shield+T1+rings x 25% HQ2/3) on average for the HQ2 you're looking for.

I shouldn't also need to remind you that RMT are able to drive the price even lower than what it currently is due to the amount of illegitimate currency that's still available in the market, especially on your server.

If people want to offer commission on their own terms, cool. Make free money off them. Ideally, they know the risk of what they're doing at that point. It's when you advertise this service without making clear that you are accepting 0 risk and leaving all of that burden on the buyer that isn't okay.

Please enlighten me on the case where people have most if not all of the mats and would rather attempt to get it synthed or even signed versus selling said items and many more items and paying rmt. People *** about rmt but have no problems benefiting from them. When you buy Alex, gear, spheres etc. it’s ok to give them your gil but not support players offering services for a nominal fee. That the problem with this game. Most things in this game or Merced, time for crafts to be Merced as well. It’s an alternative option.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-04-24 16:53:26  
Please enlighten me on the case where people have most if not all of the mats and would rather attempt to get it synthed or even signed versus selling said items and many more items and paying rmt. People *** about rmt but have no problems benefiting from them. When you buy Alex, gear, spheres etc. it’s ok to give them your gil but not support players offering services for a nominal fee. That the problem with this game. Most things in this game or Merced, time for crafts to be Merced as well. It’s an alternative option.

My suggestion if people bring you mats. Agree upon a set commission before you synth for them. IE 10% of the AH cost or w/e you see fit for your efforts on making the shield. Charging per attempt is just a d*ck move.. and that's why you got roasted.
[+]
By lhova 2020-04-24 20:26:09  
Ok so maybe this is more fair. Bring your mats and I’ll charge a flat 2m total for up to 12 crafting attempts to get you the highest quality. You get +1 or +2 it doesn’t matter. Maybe you will give me a tip if you are nice.