Asura.Slyshenx
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2020-04-28 20:47:17  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Asura.Slyshenx said: »
He just outlined exactly how to do the exploit. (well, not exactly, you need to know how to #packet)

Goodluck using it before it gets fixed.

Holy **** that would be insanely easy to replicate. This has to have been going on for quite a while. Wow. I cannot wait for this to be taken care. Make Crafting Great Again!

It's probably been the thing since before su5 even came out. I've said from the first day you'd have to be crazy to do that ***legit. Or have an endless supply of gil that you can't sell faster than you make I guess, since you can sell unlimited items and not worry about gil caps.

Though no one believes me when I say this, this is why I won't touch those su5/necks except for people who want to supply the materials. If I want a neck or weapon, I just buy it from someone else cause there's no way.

This has to have been going on since at least su3/stikini ring's came out because that's when I noticed a crap ton of HQ popping up when the materials to make that many HQ wasn't readily available. People were buying enough materials for 5 synths, sell 5 stikini ring's, rinse repeat.

I for one can feel safe knowing that if they knock absolutely everyone that has touched this exploit I have nothing to worry about and I look forward to any actions being taken against those who have. It's about damn time crafting was brought back to life and I hope this exploit being brought to attention is the thing that sparks the fire.
[+]
By Mafai 2020-04-28 20:54:24  
spengler said: »
battlemod isn't looking at the right packet.

it's good for su4/su5 but you can't insta su5

Battlemod shows both packets.

------------- HQ Synthesis (Mafai) ------------- <- important one
-------------- HQ Tier 2! -------------- <- too late
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-28 21:03:01  
I changed OP

Not that anyone would notice. Only current page matters to people.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-04-28 21:08:12  
We need a gossip tea channel to keep up with the dramas in this game. BG wiki drama, accounts disappearing on ffxiah and threads deleted/locked and more exploits in FFXI unearthed, news at 11.
By Pantafernando 2020-04-28 21:22:47  
What accounts are disappearing in ffxiah?

Ovnis abducting people?
By Draylo 2020-04-28 21:25:13  
Kireek poofed according to the other thread, Directx put out a hitman on him
By spengler 2020-04-28 21:38:22  
video was likely recorded on a VM on a VPN, SE can be vengeful and generally do not ban people who deserve it when looking into exploits, as proven by the thousands of medals that were unscathed.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-28 22:16:49  
People that do ***like that use potato settings to have multiple boxes open.

We. I guess. Don't give a ***how the game looks while it plays itself.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-04-28 22:17:25  
People that do ***like that use potato settings to have multiple boxes open.

Some one gets it.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-04-28 23:20:41  
speaking of ppl missing, what happened to phonewear?
[+]
By Foxfire 2020-04-29 00:35:38  
why would you bring the name up at all
[+]
By gistofanything 2020-04-29 00:53:16  
wait what happened to fonewear actually?
By Pantafernando 2020-04-29 02:06:27  
Banned for trying to bypass topic lock
By Pantafernando 2020-04-29 02:07:19  
Draylo said: »
Kireek poofed according to the other thread, Directx put out a hitman on him

He steped in many toes in the covid thread i guess.

That thread went from 100 pages to forgotten. I guess many people were topic banned there
By Shichishito 2020-04-29 02:14:17  
i know at least 2 arguments why fone should never get banned.
By Pantafernando 2020-04-29 02:19:52  
Well, exposing too much personal politics positions seems a quick way to get out of this site.
By Shichishito 2020-04-29 02:39:49  
i didn't read that thread. however, reading 2-3 of his posts anyone could tell that he is 100% consistantly shitposttrolling 100% of the time everytime with a little simpsons reference sprinkled in every now and then. if a random guy on the internet is still able to push your buttons this hard despite that insight its time for some serious self reflection.
By waffle 2020-04-30 10:52:55  
Fujito addressing this - https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56713-HQクラフトエクスプロイト?p=626851#post626851
The gist of it is. Logs being checked. Accounts getting locked. Doesn't actually involve the shield. Vid taken down. Don't try this at home so you don't get caught up in the investigation.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-04-30 10:57:26  
Can you read that?

Did they acknowledge it?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-30 11:02:27  
Quote:
We are aware of synthetic cheats and have already addressed some based on server logs.
Specifically, the account that was executed and the related account that had trades are permanently frozen.
Log research is still in progress, so please do not try it with your interest.
Although escutcheon is mentioned, the phenomenon itself has nothing to do with escutcheon.

I understand that the video in question is listed as a complaint, but in
order to reduce the number of people who are penalized for mischievous management, it is also a violation of the rules, so
we will proceed with the deletion request.

They never address the real problem. Like it doesn't matter if you stop new items, there's already a literal million made and bought. Cool you got one guy who traded items today, how about the 500 who've been doing it for 3 years lol. There's a dozen mules with a thousand rostams each untouched.

It's like leaving counterfeit money in circulation. yay you can't make anymore but there's already $10 billion going around that are still fine to use.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-04-30 11:18:24  
why did they take down the video with a copyright strike? its not a tutorial so why the sloppy cover up attempt?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-30 11:23:21  
Quote:
We are aware of synthetic cheats and have already addressed some based on server logs.
Specifically, the account that was executed and the related account that had trades are permanently frozen.
Log research is still in progress, so please do not try it with your interest.
Although escutcheon is mentioned, the phenomenon itself has nothing to do with escutcheon.

I understand that the video in question is listed as a complaint, but in
order to reduce the number of people who are penalized for mischievous management, it is also a violation of the rules, so
we will proceed with the deletion request.

They never address the real problem. Like it doesn't matter if you stop new items, there's already a literal million made and bought. Cool you got one guy who traded items today, how about the 500 who've been doing it for 3 years lol. There's a dozen mules with a thousand rostams each untouched.

It's like leaving counterfeit money in circulation. yay you can't make anymore but there's already $10 billion going around that are still fine to use.
It's kindof hard and unfair to punish people who probably (most likely) purchased said items without knowing that they were duped.

Once it goes into AH, you will never know who sold it until after it's sold. Then what? Should the buyer get penalized for buying stuff they had no idea who made it?

Edit: And counterfeit money isn't an accurate comparison. Items made illegally serves a small purpose, while money made illegally can be used for almost anything.

We don't live in, nor is FFXI a bartering economy.
By spengler 2020-04-30 11:25:41  
waffle said: »
Fujito addressing this - https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56713-HQクラフトエクスプロイト?p=626851#post626851
The gist of it is. Logs being checked. Accounts getting locked. Doesn't actually involve the shield. Vid taken down. Don't try this at home so you don't get caught up in the investigation.

most abusers still aren't getting banned, method won't be fixed this week.

they don't know how to fix it and it would require them changing the client. they won't do this very easily since there are no devs on the ffxi side.

it's almost like you shouldn't underfund a game so much that no one can make critical changes.

*** *** company.

if you don't want to get banned just use the second method
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-04-30 11:38:08  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Once it goes into AH, you will never know who sold it until after it's sold. Then what? Should the buyer get penalized for buying stuff they had no idea who made it?

I don't think they were implying people who bought the stuff off the AH were getting banned.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-04-30 11:39:39  
Asura.Arico said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

I don't think they were implying people who bought the stuff off the AH were getting banned.
No, but Eiryl was implying it not helping.

He was making the case that it's not helpful for gear created by ill-gotten methods not being removed from the game, even after they were sold.

Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-30 12:22:12  
If you're just going to let a literal million fakes stay in the hands of people who bought them, why even bother stopping the process to make them. it accomplishes nothing.

How many times in the last 5 years has there been irreparable damage to the "economy"

I don't have "the best answer" but leaving millions of hacked items in game is "the second worst answer"
By Pantafernando 2020-04-30 12:29:30  
I partially aggre.

But the current situation is too unfavorable to crafters that dont resort to the exploit.

If you want to be "fair", either fix it or just allow everyone to do it (if there is no dmg, there shouldnt be a problem leaving the trick open to anyone to use it)
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 20 21 22