First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 20 21 22
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-05-08 04:51:15  
Bahamut.Ayasha said: »
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
This isnt true. Countries that have a UBI high enough to cover all essential costs of living and needs, as well as a small bit of wants, still have a healthy work force.

You cant really kill motivation or innovation. It just shifts to something else. If everything was done and made and you didnt have to work a day in your life, youd still be playing videogames, listening to music, creating said things for enjoyment, or because you want something.

It just changes from "i NEED to do this shitty job i hate to survive" to "I am going to do this/make this because *I* want to"

While this may be true, the need for a healthy work force and a universal basic income are not separate from each other. Without a healthy work force, the moneys available for the UBI evaporate and you are right back to, as you say, doing the shitty job to survive. I don't mean to sound antagonistic here. You have a good point, it just doesn't work outside of its own feedback loop. UBIs depend on a society's GDP, not the other way around.

I must also refute your claim that everyone would just listen to music and create things just for the enjoyment of it (paraphrasing). That is a very subjective statement and cannot be taken as truth (it is also in complete defiance of nature). If we are to go down this speculative route, I absolutely wouldn't create things just out of enjoyment because I would have no incentive or motivation to do so. Why would I want to expend labor (a form of capital, mind you) if I can just wait for someone else to do it for me and reap their rewards for little or no benefit to the creator? Take this statement and pass it to the guy to your right and chances are they would have the same opinion. Repeat until the passed buck is in front of you again. Good feelings and happy thoughts do not spend well, unfortunately.
I have a few millionaire+ friends and it has always puzzled me that, despite being heirs or filthy rich, they insisted on wanting to perform "entry jobs".

One of them was GM at SE, not even SGM, just GM. He was not the smartest person ever, sure, but his wealth made it that he could have never worked his entire life. He'd still wake up on time for work and did it for a couple years before stopping this "normal lifestyle". Before that, he did some other ***jobs. At this point he had spent 50% of his life working minimum salary jobs, if not lower.
Another one did small jobs for years, like pizza delivery, bus driver and the like.
And so on.

What I noticed is that every single one of them (I don't know that many but it's a funny coincidence, I guess) justified their action saying "I just want to have a normal rhythm of life, work, pub/going out, I want to live normally". Obviously, even living a normal rhythm, their life isn't the same at all, but in their mind they crave this "normality" they made up in their mind.

So, while you and me, if we had sufficient money to pay bills + some extra, we wouldn't work at all (I wouldn't, *** dealing with HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE humans all day), a good chunk of the people in our situation would.
Now, if you find the right balance, I'm sure you can reach a point where a certain % of the population is willing to work while earning "enough money to enjoy their life" and this % would easily sustain the needed human activity.
The same way, creative people will always be creating stuff, they don't need money as a carrot. We'd be fine, really.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-08 04:55:34  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
Pantafernando said: »
23k actives means at least $46K and max of $390k From FFXI.

23k players pay $2 a month? ("at least $46k").

My main account costs me 3200 crystas iirc. That account have 16 chars, iirc 100 crystal is $1, so thats $32 per chars, so each of those 16 chars should cost in average $2.

Nothing wrong with this math, but think more, memes less?
By RadialArcana 2020-05-08 05:22:51  
One of the problems with some players is they don't understand that most people aren't like them.

Not everyone does the main endgame as soon as it's released, there are lots of players still doing ambuscade, escha nms, omen and stuff like that.

I would be surprised if even 40-50% of the players have even been in dynamis 2 yet, let alone complaining cause they are bored of it.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-08 05:24:08  
Prong said: »
Why do people who don't enjoy something still read/post on a forum about the thing they don't enjoy anymore, just to tell everyone why they don't enjoy it?

From my experience they are usually ffxiv players who want us all to go and play their garbage wow clone instead.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-08 06:55:50  
23k actives means at least $46K and max of $390k From FFXI.

23k players pay $2 a month? ("at least $46k").

My main account costs me 3200 crystas iirc. That account have 16 chars, iirc 100 crystal is $1, so thats $32 per chars, so each of those 16 chars should cost in average $2.

Nothing wrong with this math, but think more, memes less?

We can reasonably deduce active players does not include mules, as multiple characters on the same account are generally not used in these statistics. You cant lie to investors, and thats who uses this information. If you have 16 characters on a single account, it likely equates to just a single player in that statistic.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-08 12:55:06  
lol, Keep crankin' out them Aurgelmir +1s

Very Fast (47.118 sold/day)
[+]
By ksoze 2020-05-08 13:04:27  
Thanks to the kind chap craftboy
By Pantafernando 2020-05-08 13:30:49  
Grab some for me
By Draylo 2020-05-08 14:01:28  
I noticed someone sold like 10 of them to himself to fix the price and then failed.
By Meeble 2020-05-08 14:14:56  
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
So, while you and me, if we had sufficient money to pay bills + some extra, we wouldn't work at all (I wouldn't, *** dealing with HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE humans all day), a good chunk of the people in our situation would.

I'd enjoy working FAR more if I didn't have to deal with co-workers who put in the bare minimum of effort to collect a paycheck, or invent layers of pointless bureaucracy to justify their chunk of budget.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-05-08 14:16:03  
Draylo said: »
I noticed someone sold like 10 of them to himself to fix the price and then failed.

There is a player selling them for 80m past 3 days. I dont wanna name drop though. Thats the same person fixing price though.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-05-08 14:17:19  
Caerda said: »

Thing I don't understand is why he tried to fix the price lower though. It is Biglovin doing it by the way.

Yeah someone is going around tagging all those accounts saying it is me lol. Id love to have a kraken club!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-05-08 14:23:48  
When you make a character for yelling to sell stuff called Biglovinexploit... yeah lol.
Not me though. :(

Edit: Im not saying Im innocent, just someone is mis-informed. on what I did.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-05-08 14:25:32  
I tell you what, if I was exploiting the game and didn't want anyone to know about it, I'd definitely name a mule Biglovinexploit so no one knew it was me. Maybe a second one while I was at it named Superbiglovin so they really would go off my scent.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-05-08 14:26:08  
Just watch around port, and theres a person selling for 80m You can collect some and resell for profit no problem. Thats all I am saying.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-05-08 14:26:57  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
lol, Keep crankin' out them Aurgelmir +1s

Very Fast (47.118 sold/day)

Seems like it's people buying and selling them to themselves to keep the price up.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-08 14:32:49  
You know it's bad when I get accused of cheating just because I find ***for cheap in bazaars via this site, buy the person out, and flip things on AH to make a profit. I'm just utilizing the tools at my disposal to make smart investments. I don't even have to worry about flooding the market and tanking the price because these things are selling like hotcakes.

If the person that felt the need to stalk me on this site and post that comment really paid attention, they would have noticed I don't have any craft that can make ***.

As an example of the method that I use, here is an example of a flip I really wanted to make, but missed out on. I saw this player had 3 items up in bazaar for 80m a pop and the going AH rate is 100m steady and quick. Now am I a cheater if I had bought up those three items for 80m a pop and flipped them for 100m? No. Thanks for playing though.

So pissed I missed that person's bazaar or I would have had 60m likely within less than half a day.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-05-08 14:34:28  
If the person that felt the need to stalk me on this site and post that comment really paid attention, they would have noticed I don't have any craft that can make ***.

Yeah, they don't realize some people just like to grab and make a quick buck while all this is going on.
 Asura.Rmtwhiss
By Asura.Rmtwhiss 2020-05-08 14:35:56  
Im not saying any names.. *cough* Jaykae *cough*... but its most def.. its Jaykae....
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-08 14:38:39  
So just because "aeonova" doesn't have the crafts required to make the item doesn't mean you don't have an alt that does. Just to point that out.

Also, this gets to the point I was making 10 pages ago. If you bought a billion gil worth of hax, and sell it for 2 billion, should you lose all that gil? Where's the line at?

How can you prove I didn't sell them to myself for 80m instead of 50m or 10m or 1g it's all the same when you have literally unlimited gil.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-05-08 14:38:43  
I don't get why they were so high when everyone and their grandma can get that item so easily now with 100 per day DI.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-05-08 14:38:46  
They were 170-180M yesterday before someone went crazy tanking the price.

Yeah, person in Aeonova SS bought all them, then posted 24, then re-bought for 125m, then put them up for 100m on the AH, and started shouting with leftovers for 80m+ in bazaar.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-08 14:40:07  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
So just because "aeonova" doesn't have the crafts required to make the item doesn't mean you don't have an alt that does. Just to point that out.

I understand that could be possible, but let's keep it real. In my case:

I wouldn't have even seen the Aurgelmir Orb +1s in that player's bazaar had it not been for this thread making me look up the item on this site. *shrugs*

I don't get why they were so high when everyone and their grandma can get that item so easily now with 100 per day DI.

I've noticed a whole heck of a lot of prices have been totally wonky. Things that should be falling because of a flooded market aren't falling. Prices of things that should be way cheaper are being sold (or at least attempted to sell) for way more than they should (imo) be worth.

I really have this sneaking suspicion that the stimulus checks that went out across the US recently are having an effect on the FFXI economy. People get stuck indoors due to quarantine and resubscribe to FFXI (or never left). They get this random $1,200.00 check and in some cases don't have high bills (low cost of living parts of the country and/or live in mommy and daddy's basement) so it becomes disposable income. They buy up more gil than they ever could have expected to have and due to the heavily merc-based economy Asura has, just throw money at anything and everything they want causing prices to bungee jump all over the place.

It's just a theory. A game theory.

[+]
By Draylo 2020-05-08 15:04:42  
We getting some new content this month from the login camapign, Adoulin tomatoes!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 20 21 22