2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Nqftw posted on the OF
Nqftw posted on the OF
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 20 21 22
By Shichishito 2020-05-01 10:40:33  
ohoh, someone used the H word.

if your hours don't permit to play grindy games anymore and you feel the need to bot, exploit or buy your way to victory maybe its time to consider a different genre of games?
i read idle games basically play themselfs, no need to setup a bot.

but hey, if you'd rather work more extra hours even tho' you already work overtime, maybe even a job that you don't like, just to spend it on pay2win... its your time and money.
[+]
By missdivine 2020-05-01 10:57:11  
Asura.Meliorah said: »
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
RadialArcana said: »
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Valefor.Commodus said: »
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Valefor.Commodus said: »
auto-ban for using anything other than the vanilla game going forward

Yes banning 90% of the players is the way to go. Great Idea.

It’s the solution to the problem, but I also said they won’t do it. The source of the problem is the infrastructure, which they won’t and probably can’t change at this point. Auto monitoring and banning for 3rd party tool use is the only solution they could realistically implement. Regardless of how many people use them, they are the key to all the remaining exploits. Again they won’t do it.

I think you're forgetting the SE #1 goal is profit. They only do, what they do, to increase subscriptions.

If this were true FFXI would of been shut down years ago, so we all go play FFXIV and buy level skip potions and dumb looking mounts.

That makes no sense.

1) FFXI sub costs more than FFXIV

2) FFXI already exists. Its cost to produce is paid, and just costs general maintenance. Almost all income from this game is profit.

3) The people playing FFXI either already also pay for FFXIV, or wouldnt transition to playing it.

Dont you know you can only play one and only have a valid opinion about one on these heavily baised forums about which one you can like?

People rant and rave about level skips and story skips yet would gladly pay up heavily for their additional $13/mo+ mule so they don't have to do it themselves.

Maybe not for RoZ because it's such a short experience however for; CoP, ToAU, WoTG and even SoA which some are heavily gated by "come back next vana'diel day" when the clock just rolled over to 01:32. There is a good 45 miunutes of your life gone if that is the only thing you can really focus on.

I myself used to look at level skips and story skips in 14's cash shop and thought "why would I myself ever purchase these" this was back when I was in college and my biggest responsibility was spending 2 hours after my 1 hour class to get my homework done. Now I'm putting in 10-12 hours a day, sometimes 6 days a week into a career while owning and managing a business I started as well that is flourishing and still going to school for my masters.

Now when I look at that I understand why it's there, it's for people like myself where we don't have the time and capacity to no life grind like we used to. However I'm also pushing high into the 6 figure salary which is vastly different from the slightly-above minimum wage hourly that I was back in those times, where I'd be lucky to even get scheduled 40 hours in a week. So the $25 that I'm dropping to purchase that, I make that in roughly 18 minutes of being at my job, I'd say that trade off of 18 minutes to save myself 30-40 hours+ is worth it.
SE could probably double or triple the amount of revenue by selling mission skips, they know this but the spaghetti code does not allow it. WoTg alone is like 100 hours? of playtime (no speed/teleporting or fastcs/enternity), FK that sh|.
 Asura.Briko
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: briko
By Asura.Briko 2020-05-01 11:03:01  
If you don't have the time to grind, why bother getting REMA or other status items. Can beat any content in this game w/o em.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-05-01 13:01:17  
Asura.Briko said: »
why bother getting REMA or other status items.

With ambu - Gain xp - Mercs and other things these things aren't that hard compared to what they once were. Many people enjoy min/max and they only have maybe a couple hours a day to even play. That's literally the reason to play ffxi
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-01 13:44:38  
Quote:
Special_Task_Force

Report from STF (May 1, 2020)

Hello. It is a special task force.

The spread of new coronavirus infection (COVID-19) is spreading all over the world, and we would like to extend
our deepest sympathies to those affected and various other affected people, and to recover as soon as possible. I pray.

Currently, all STF staff members are also working from home in response to the issuance of an emergency declaration.
Even while I am at home
, I am using telework to continue my work so that I can continue to respond promptly to investigations and new countermeasures against fraud by receiving reports from the report form . Regarding the synthetic cheat, which was commented by Director Fujito the

other day, there is a report in advance on the STF notification form, and the response is progressing. Most of the accounts that were already cheating and those that were selling illegally acquired items to the auction have been investigated, and forced withdrawal has been implemented. We are continuing the investigation, so we will report the details later. In addition, although BOT and RMT contractors are constantly cracking down while they are at home , due to circumstances such as some restrictions in remote environments and reduced staff operation, it takes longer than usual to conduct surveys. , It is a situation that we are getting more time. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we kindly ask for your understanding.

We will continue to improve the work-at-home system to normalize the work as soon as possible.

We will do our utmost to respond to changes in the situation while giving due consideration to the health and safety of our staff, and we
ask for your understanding and cooperation.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-05-01 14:26:07  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quote:
Special_Task_Force

The spread of new coronavirus infection (COVID-19) is spreading all over the world, and we would like to extend
our deepest sympathies to those affected and various other affected people, and to recover as soon as possible. I pray.

Currently, all STF staff members are also working from home in response to the issuance of an emergency declaration.
Even while I am at home
, I am using telework to continue my work so that I can continue to respond promptly to investigations and new countermeasures against fraud by receiving reports from the report form . Regarding the synthetic cheat, which was commented by Director Fujito the

other day, there is a report in advance on the STF notification form, and the response is progressing. Most of the accounts that were already cheating and those that were selling illegally acquired items to the auction have been investigated, and forced withdrawal has been implemented. We are continuing the investigation, so we will report the details later. In addition, although BOT and RMT contractors are constantly cracking down while they are at home , due to circumstances such as some restrictions in remote environments and reduced staff operation, it takes longer than usual to conduct surveys. , It is a situation that we are getting more time. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we kindly ask for your understanding.

We will continue to improve the work-at-home system to normalize the work as soon as possible.

We will do our utmost to respond to changes in the situation while giving due consideration to the health and safety of our staff, and we
[+]
By spengler 2020-05-01 16:25:36  
there are two methods, they still have yet to ban for the second method
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-01 16:48:32  
lol they absolutely won't hit "everyone" They'll kill 1 or 2 claim they got em all and you'll forget it ever happened. Life goes on.

No accountability whatsoever(but the stf page will still say 3 thousand people banned in april!)

The only one that looks like they may have been got is dragonsrage

When this
Quote:
1 Billion = 10 Stikini Ring +1s, Neck +2 and Sup5 Weapon of your choice (such as Rostam)
Changes, then you know someone of value got got.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-01 16:55:28  
A FFXI customer pays $12 a month and faces no punishment for unsubbing.

A FFXIV customer pays $12* a month, buys vast amounts of rubbish on the cash shop (every live letter is showing off cash shop pap), buys expansions every year and is punished if they unsub while they go on holiday by having their mog house deleted.

If half the FFXI players move to ffxiv they will make more money, they keep FFXI running because they don't want to outrage the fanbase.

Yoshichans endgame is still to try get us to move to his other game so he can empty our bank accounts with the korean f2p style cash shop game with a sub.

Dunno where you get $12/mo from... Wardrobes, mules, dual boxing.... youre spending more than $12/mo if you play this game today. I have 1 mule, and i pay $18/mo between the 1 mule and wardrobes.

And most players playing FFXIV arent spending much in the cash shop. Whales are.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-01 17:23:55  
Quote:
Special_Task_Force

Even while I am at home

Btw where this came from?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-01 17:31:07  
Where else could it have come from?
By Pantafernando 2020-05-01 17:34:32  
Well its not like i follow japanese forums (mostly because i cant read ***) but i compliment you for your dedication to this game.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-01 17:43:37  
https://translate.google.com/

Take;

Quote:
STFからのご報告(2020年5月1日)

こんにちは。スペシャルタスクフォースです。

世界中で新型コロナウィルス感染症(COVID-19)の感染が拡大しており、罹患された方々、
その他様々な影響を受けておられる方々に、心からお見舞い申し上げるとともに、一日も早い回復をお祈りしております。

現在、緊急事態宣言の発出を受けて、STFスタッフについても全員が在宅勤務に移行しております。
在宅期間中も、通報フォームからのご報告を受けての調査や、新たな不正行為への監視・対策に
これまでどおり迅速な対応ができるよう、テレワークを活用して業務を継続中です。

先日藤戸ディレクターよりコメントされている合成のチートについては、事前にSTFの通報フォームにも報告があり、対応が進んでいます。
既にチートを行っていたアカウント、および不正に入手したアイテムを競売に出品していたアカウント等の殆どについて調査が完了し、
強制退会の処分を実施していますが、現在も掘り下げ調査・影響範囲の調査が続けられていますので、
後日改めて詳細のご報告をさせていただく予定です。

その他、在宅期間中のBOTやRMT業者の取り締まりも漏れなく進んでおりますが、リモート環境下の一部制限や
スタッフの稼働低下などの事情により、通常時よりも調査に時間を要しており、お時間をいただくことが多くなっている状況です。
順次対応を行ってまいりますので、ご不便をおかけいたしますが何卒ご了承のほどお願いいたします。
一日も早い正常化へ向けて、在宅勤務体制の整備も引き続き実施してまいります。

スタッフの健康と安全に最大限の配慮をしつつ、事態の変化に応じて、可能な限りの対応を行ってまいりますので、
皆様のご理解とご協力をよろしくお願いいたします。

and make it this
Quote:
Special_Task_Force

Even while I am at home

I mostly look for the RMT thread (hoping no one complains directly about my characters) and exploit threads that jp complain about.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-01 17:45:59  

A FFXIV customer pays $12* a month, buys vast amounts of rubbish on the cash shop (every live letter is showing off cash shop pap), buys expansions every year and is punished if they unsub while they go on holiday by having their mog house deleted.

If half the FFXI players move to ffxiv they will make more money, they keep FFXI running because they don't want to outrage the fanbase.

Yoshichans endgame is still to try get us to move to his other game so he can empty our bank accounts with the korean f2p style cash shop game with a sub.

Dunno where you get $12/mo from... Wardrobes, mules, dual boxing.... youre spending more than $12/mo if you play this game today. I have 1 mule, and i pay $18/mo between the 1 mule and wardrobes.

And most players playing FFXIV arent spending much in the cash shop. Whales are.

It's $12 a month for new player on ffxiv.

FFXIV is far more expensive to play, I know it is and so do you because you see armies of people in all those cash shop rubbish when you wander around. On FFXI people show off their latest drops, on FFXIV they show off the latest cash shop items they bought.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-01 17:47:28  

It's $12 a month for new player on ffxiv.

FFXIV is far more expensive to play, I know it is and so do you because you see armies of people in all those cash shop rubbish when you wander around.

Its literally not. Very few people use cash shops. Cash shops follow the same model as the F2P model, where the average customer almost never touches it. The average person in FFXI is paying AT LEAST 18/mo. Most are probably spending closer to $30, given how prevalent dual boxing is.
By RadialArcana 2020-05-01 17:59:06  
Yes they do, because it allows bad players to have prestige show off gear and also because people are lazy. You see the new cash shop junk everywhere after patches.. On FFXIV the developers take advantage of this to make money, on FFXI other players take advantage of it via mercing. On FFXI everyone pays gil for leveling or JP, on FFXIV you get your credit card out.

MMO players are extremely easy to fleece, on ffixv they take it to a whole other level. They pump out new cash shop content regularly and have developers just doing that.

FFXIV is hands down the most predatory and expensive mmorpg that exists, and I've played korean f2p games. Nothing comes close to FFXIV at all, they sell outfits, mounts, dyes, emotes, weddings, level skips and if you stop paying the sub you lose access to all of it. At least on korean f2p mmorpgs you can play for free and always have access to your outfits and mounts, not so on 14.

On-top of that, if you stop paying your sub for a while they destroy things you obtained like housing too, that's the only game I've ever seen anything like that ever. Warfame killed your pets if you didn't login for a while and the outrage made them change it, and that's a free to play game..
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-01 18:08:55  
Yes they do, because it allows bad players to have prestige show off gear and also because people are lazy. You see the new cash shop junk everywhere after patches.. On FFXIV the developers take advantage of this to make money, on FFXI other players take advantage of it via mercing. On FFXI everyone pays gil for leveling or JP, on FFXIV you get your credit card out.

MMO players are extremely easy to fleece, on ffixv they take it to a whole other level. They pump out new cash shop content regularly and have developers just doing that.

FFXIV is hands down the most predatory and expensive mmorpg that exists, and I've played korean f2p games. Nothing comes close to FFXIV at all, they sell outfits, mounts, dyes, emotes, weddings, level skips and if you stop paying the sub you lose access to all of it. At least on korean f2p mmorpgs you can play for free and always have access to your outfits and mounts, not so on 14.

On-top of that, if you stop paying your sub for a while they destroy things you obtained like housing too, that's the only game I've ever seen anything like that ever. Warfame killed your pets if you didn't login for a while and the outrage made them change it, and that's a free to play game..

The average person in ffxiv likely hasnt spent more than $20 on the cash shop, if that. Such predatory.
By Prong 2020-05-01 18:20:42  
Asura.Genosync said: »
All that’s going to happen as a result of this, is the prices of certain SU5 that were in the gutter will return to reasonable sell values as the risk is now present and no one can just throw something on the AH without a care at extremely low cost. There’s a few people that consistently drastically undercut on anything they make regardless of market state (and they craft whatever they want also, no regards to supply) that will now have to actually take on risk like the rest of us.

That also means that materials will become even more scarce than certain things are now as they’ll still want to make money even at razor thin margins.

Those of you that think crafters are EVER screwing you on price don’t have the means to craft to begin with and thus probably don’t understand the full costs and average returns. Costs on everything are extremely reasonable compared to their material costs and average HQ rate when you factor in the investment of a shield.

Correct. Those who disagree simply didn't take the time to level crafts and make shields, etc. So, they whine when they see an item for 100+ million or whatever when they have absolutely zero clue what it took for the crafter to even get to the point they were capable of making something with a less than 5% chance of making said thing.

All people see is the end result. Then, they look at the cost of the mats, add them up and think, "Uh, why is this item costing me 300% the cost of the mats to make it?? GREEDY CRAFTERZZZ!!!1!!1!!"

Most seem to forget many crafters leveled their craft to 110 years ago, BEFORE they made auto-double skillups to 70. It literally took forever to get to 110 unless you did it daily for hours and were somehow already loaded. Plus, just getting to Stage 3 shield was a terrible task, let alone the final stage....but they wouldn't know that. It's just easier to ignorantly assume crafters ONLY craft, they don't ever actually take the time to play the game as well. Meanwhile they spent their past years standing in Jeuno, whining in LS chat how the item(s) they want cost too much while begging other people to make an XP party.
[+]
By Prong 2020-05-01 18:27:13  
missdivine said: »
SE could probably double or triple the amount of revenue by selling mission skips, they know this but the spaghetti code does not allow it. WoTg alone is like 100 hours? of playtime (no speed/teleporting or fastcs/enternity), FK that sh|.

I've completed WoTG in total now 4 times on main and mules (all same account, so I couldn't even "carry" my mules through it quickly by multi-boxing) and it literally takes you maybe 8 hrs of actual play time, if that, with all the new HPs and Survival Guides. And that's including nodding off from time to time, not even completing it as fast as it could be completed.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-05-01 18:28:35  
Prong said: »
All that’s going to happen as a result of this, is the prices of certain SU5 that were in the gutter will return to reasonable sell values as the risk is now present and no one can just throw something on the AH without a care at extremely low cost. There’s a few people that consistently drastically undercut on anything they make regardless of market state (and they craft whatever they want also, no regards to supply) that will now have to actually take on risk like the rest of us.

That also means that materials will become even more scarce than certain things are now as they’ll still want to make money even at razor thin margins.

Those of you that think crafters are EVER screwing you on price don’t have the means to craft to begin with and thus probably don’t understand the full costs and average returns. Costs on everything are extremely reasonable compared to their material costs and average HQ rate when you factor in the investment of a shield.

Correct. Those who disagree simply didn't take the time to level crafts and make shields, etc. So, they whine when they see an item for 100+ million or whatever when they have absolutely zero clue what it took for the crafter to even get to the point they were capable of making something with a less than 5% chance of making said thing.

All people see is the end result. Then, they look at the cost of the mats, add them up and think, "Uh, why is this item costing me 300% the cost of the mats to make it?? GREEDY CRAFTERZZZ!!!1!!1!!"

Most seem to forget many crafters leveled their craft to 110 years ago, BEFORE they made auto-double skillups to 70. It literally took forever to get to 110 unless you did it daily for hours and were somehow already loaded. Plus, just getting to Stage 3 shield was a terrible task, let alone the final stage....but they wouldn't know that. It's just easier to ignorantly assume crafters ONLY craft, they don't ever actually take the time to play the game as well. Meanwhile they spent their past years standing in Jeuno, whining in LS chat how the item(s) they want cost too much while begging other people to make an XP party.

Its not the consumer's fault that SE's design is trash.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-01 18:32:19  

It kind of is... if you stop telling them "good job" with your money they'd have to do better. Impossible to get people to do it, but in theory that's what'd happen.

Stop blindly giving them rewards for bad behavior or there is no reason to correct said behavior.

Every time you pay you're saying "I like what you're doing, keep doing it" you don't get to clarify, it's a 1 or a 0.
By Prong 2020-05-01 18:39:39  
Asura.Meliorah said: »
I myself used to look at level skips and story skips in 14's cash shop and thought "why would I myself ever purchase these" this was back when I was in college and my biggest responsibility was spending 2 hours after my 1 hour class to get my homework done. Now I'm putting in 10-12 hours a day, sometimes 6 days a week into a career while owning and managing a business I started as well that is flourishing and still going to school for my masters

I guess the logical question then is, if all of this about your "real life" is true, why are you even worried enough about playing a video game to invest real money into buying anything? MMO's aren't made for super busy, furthering education, small business owners...

If you haven't the time to even play a game and then by that circumstance, purchase your achievements with real money, the question is...why? Makes zero sense.
By Prong 2020-05-01 18:40:33  

Your comment, par usual, makes zero sense in context to my statement, but...noted.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-05-01 18:44:29  
It kind of is... if you stop telling them "good job" with your money they'd have to do better. Impossible to get people to do it, but in theory that's what'd happen.

Didn't you say you sell gil? So you likely have multiple accounts...how much are you giving them per month for your RMT army? And no, you cant offset it with "but I make more back than I give SE", because you're still "telling them 'good job' with your money"
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2020-05-01 18:47:46  

Stop blindly giving them rewards for bad behavior or there is no reason to correct said behavior.

Every time you pay you're saying "I like what you're doing, keep doing it" you don't get to clarify, it's a 1 or a 0.
lmao what the *** are you talking about
By Prong 2020-05-01 18:48:03  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

Didn't you say you sell gil? So you likely have multiple accounts...how much are you giving them per month for your RMT army? And no, you cant offset it with "but I make more back than I give SE", because you're still "telling them 'good job' with your money"

Right but (not defending RMT...but) he's not necessarily playing it for enjoyment or as a hobby such as most of us (though I do think somewhere deep down in his black soul Eiryl does enjoy it still somewhat). When you are using anything for profit, what terrible things you may or may not be doing to the game's "community" are irrelevant.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-01 18:50:28  
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
lmao what the *** are you talking about

"voting with your wallet" Pretty clear, isn't it?

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

Right but (not defending RMT...but) he's not necessarily playing it for enjoyment or as a hobby such as most of us (though I do think somewhere deep down in his black soul Eiryl does enjoy it still somewhat). When you are using anything for profit, what terrible things you may or may not be doing to the game's "community" are irrelevant.

I'm just one "voter" in the scenario, if everyone except me "voted" by unsubbing my "army" wouldn't matter.
By Pantafernando 2020-05-01 18:53:01  

Yeah but no.

You pay for the entire product, you cant discriminate this 1$ is for Omen, this is for Ambu, this would be for dyna but its bad designed so im not giving it. And overall its not a bad game. I pay for them to keep going despite some (or many) defects.

Its not hard to understand. You have a gf or wife, she sucks on *** but still is a good ***. Not reason to just end the relationship over this. None is perfect.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-05-01 18:53:48  
That's literally what I said on the last line

You're getting good and bad, but you don't get to say "this is ***" you're automatically agreeing "this is ok"
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 20 21 22